The Minor Questions Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yea, i have run three shows in a row and there wasnt a real dip in attendance or anything.

your minor show did better than your medium show too? i got rid of my medium show because my minor show beat it every time. that never made sense to me.

The Tv network the show runs on seems to affect this. My minor show was on a bigger network and did better. Once I re-negotiated my medium show to a better station, it killed my minor show.

im still a bit confused on hype. I think, based on what the help file says, it is a "Gamble" so to speak. If i think i booked a great fight or a fighter will have a monster showing, there are bonuses to be had. What are the bonuses? Does it make a fight more exciting? Does it help my commercial rating?

How to move fighter to other weight class? I have fighter which prefers to fight in light heavyweight but he can fight in heavyweight too. However when I'm adding match he is only in LHW. How to move him to HW?

Click on roster from your office, then go to the fighter you're going to switch and click the "Weight Classes" button on the bottom.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ElJay" data-cite="ElJay" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there an advantage to making a fight a prelim match instead of just an undercard fight for PPVs?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Prelim matches don't effect the card's rating. Undercard matches do.</p>

<p>One of my fighters, Moss Gilbert, got too demanding during negotiations, and they collapsed. Here's my question: his contract isn't over with for another 5 months (or the next match), so is there a chance he'll willing to listen to another offer eventually? I know that immediately clicking "Negotiate" again informs me that he's refusing to come to the table due to the negotiations collapsing last time, but will this last until the contract runs out?</p><p> </p><p>

The main reason I'm asking is, if he just needs like a three-month "cooling off" period, then I don't want to book his last match just yet. But if he will only cool off by leaving the company, then I may as well book him now and be done with it.</p>

<p>Fantasy Booking: How does it work?</p><p> </p><p>

I've set the feature to on and yet my guys are still unavailable due to injury, recent fights, medical suspension, etc. I can't figure out what "fantasy booking" has removed as a reason a fighter can't fight.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The commission won't reject any fight</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ah, what about weight. Will all fighters agree to fights against all weights?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ah, what about weight. Will all fighters agree to fights against all weights?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> yes. and also when you turn it off some fighters need 2-3 months to prepare for a fight. With it on, they don't need time to prepare.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ShaunGBD" data-cite="ShaunGBD" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29647" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>yes. and also when you turn it off some fighters need 2-3 months to prepare for a fight. With it on, they don't need time to prepare.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks guys. I'm running a game right now where I am basically just testing the engine and trying to understand all of these features.</p>

Why are my ratings/PPV buys cut when I hold an event out of the country? I am running GAMMA and held events in London in the past and I have noticed that every time I hold an event there this happens. Now I understand why attendance would be lower because I am not as popular over there as I am in the U.S., that makes perfect sense. However, why would I have lower PPV buys or ratings?

Is it a case of the PPV being shown at a different time? Does the game even take that into account? That would explain the PPV buy rate. However, my TV slot is fixed so it would not explain that. I was just wondering why this happens. Also, I have not held a show in another country since.

Why are my ratings/PPV buys cut when I hold an event out of the country? I am running GAMMA and held events in London in the past and I have noticed that every time I hold an event there this happens. Now I understand why attendance would be lower because I am not as popular over there as I am in the U.S., that makes perfect sense. However, why would I have lower PPV buys or ratings?

Is it a case of the PPV being shown at a different time? Does the game even take that into account? That would explain the PPV buy rate. However, my TV slot is fixed so it would not explain that. I was just wondering why this happens. Also, I have not held a show in another country since.

I have noticed this too. I try to put on monster cards if i'm going overseas. I'll still take a hit but my PPVs do OK if the card is huge, like Two main event- level fights at least.

Wondered this as well.

Why are my ratings/PPV buys cut when I hold an event out of the country?

It could be an oversight, but maybe it's for game balancing. If your pay per view numbers are always at a constant rate, there's not nearly as much deterrent from going to new markets.

It's not entirely realistic, but I think it's fair.

Archived