What's Going on in YOUR Game?

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4703/gracie.png

At the first UFC Shamrock won the tournament and hit a vicious KO on Royce Gracie but at UFC 2 Gracie grabbed a victory. I made Gracie the superfight champion and at UFC 3 I had them face off against, since then Gracie has looked pretty unbeatable but keeps on putting on bad matches as you can see.

So far I have given a shot to the winners of each of the tournaments I have ran. My only worry now is that Taktarov won the last tournament but put on an abysmal match against Gracie last time out. At UFC 5 the Beast Dan Severn ran through the opposition and won the tournament. He went on to be held to an abysmal 60 minute time limit draw.

So now the question is who should get a shot at Gracie next. Taktarov or Dan Severn?

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UFC 2013

Bantamweight: Joseph Benavidez

-He beat Faber for the title, shocking many people. It was a Split Decision, so I may have a rematch right off the bat.

Featherweight: Jose Aldo

-No surprise here, the guy is a beast. He had one defense in 2012, against Erik Koch, and finished the fight in just 1:23. His next bout will be against Chan Sung Jung. I expect a slug fest, but I don't see how Jung really stands a chance.

Lightweight: Donald Cerrone

-In the summer of 2012, Maynard took the belt from Frankie Edgar. After wins over Anthony Pettis and Clay Guida, Cerrone was the only logical opponenet for the belt. They met in November, and The Cowboy submitted Maynard in the 2nd round to take the belt. Kenny Florian may be next in line.

Welterweight: Jon Fitch

-Fitch ran through Shields, and then made quick work of GSP. The top contender is Thiago Alves, but he always misses weight. A potential #1 Contender fight is in the works between Kos and Nate Diaz.

Middlewight: Demian Maia

-Maia defended his belt once in 2012, against Chris Leben. He is slated to meet Nate Marquardt in April for another title defense. Rousimar Palhares and Michael Bisping are meeting at an upcoming Ultimate Fight Night, the winner will take on Maia/Marquardt.

Light Heavyweight: Anderson Silva

-Anderson ran right through Rashad in 2012 to win the belt. His first title defense will be against the surging Phil Davis who is coming off a cake walk against Shogun, and a win over Rich Franklin. I really don't know what to expect. Anderson is aging, and Davis is on a hot streak.

Heavyweigh: Brock Lesnar

-After some controversy, Brock met up with Shane Carwin to fight for the vacant HW title. He made quick work of Carwin this time around, making sure he didn't stand a chance. At UFC 141: Silva vs. Davis, Junior dos Santos and Forrest Griffin will duke it out, with the winner getting a shot at Brock in the near future.

SIGMA: March 2003

SIGMA has become the premier MMA promotion in the world. Currently limited to low level international and owning 2 feeder promotions. My database is a combination of the cverse and the dawn of mma mod. i currently have 8 divisions (womens bantam- mens heavyweight).

In mid 2002 I absorbed my women's feeder promotion and opened up two new weight classes. Right now i plan to keep the womens fight on tv to build up stars. in the future i may keep my womens fight exclusively on tv, except for the occasional title fight.

Women's Bantamweight: Akemi Satou-13-0

Currently the biggest star among the women in the promotion. She has finished all of her opponents since Nov 2000. *I modified her stats to make her better because i like her

Next in line: Honey Due-10-0

Since I signed her away from WEFF she has stopped two opponents impressively. This fight is the logical next step, but i may hold off in the hope that i can build Honey up a little more for a PPV main event.

Dark horse: Moon Lee-2-0

A 21 year old regen that is very well rounded. She has stopped both of her opponents in SIGMA via first round TKO.

Women's Featherweight: Sayoko Ebisawa-15-1

All of her wins but 1 are via submission. She has been dominant in her three title fights since the merger.

Next in line:Maya Komagata-15-1

She left the WEFF as their featherweight champion. While she hasnt look amazing since joining SIGMA she is still presents a interesting challenge for Ebisawa.

Dark Horse: Tsuyu Moriguchi-2-0

A young regen that great wrestling, submissions, and punching power. She is young, but has the tools to challenge anyone at 145.

Featherweight: Li-Kong Ho-31-0

2002 Fighter of the Year, Ho is a killer. i dont see anyone challenging him for a long time. He briefly left the company in a contract dispute in late 2001, but he came back without missing a step defeating both Easton Frye and Lamont Banner is one night to get his title back.

Next in Line: Jason Danglish-27-8

Some how he has become the #2 featherweight in the world. He hasnt defeated anyone of note and is not much of a name, but only Nuno Valentino has lasted longer with Ho.

Dark Horse: Brian Claremont-12-4

Claremont is currently #6 in the featherweight rankings and everyone above him has lost to Ho atleast once. While that may not be the best reason to match them up Claremont has dynamite in his hands and Ho was rocked in his fights against Ziskie and Banner.

Lightweight: Manoel Cabral-15-0

Since coming over from the MFC Manoel has submitted all of his opponents. While he has looked very good in his title run, lightweight has many challengers waiting in line to take his belt.

Next in line: Sean Morrison-35-4

With no loss since 1999 Morrison looks poised for his shot. Since joining SIGMA in late 2000 he has look very good and was on the verge of a title shot, but he took over 8 months of to see his friends and family. At 36, he is nearing the end of his career as a top flight contender.

Dark Horse: BJ Penn-3-0

At 24, a young BJ Penn could truly develop into a huge star at 155. While he didnt look stellar in his SIGMA debut, he has all the tools to become a top flight contender.

Welterweight: Manuel Silva-19-0

Manuel is a constant performer and he always brings the action. With three great title fights all ending by armbar, Manuel is a constant performer and a great headliner with almost limitless potential.

Next in Line: Carlos da Guia- 27-2

da Guia has been finishing fights since he joined SIGMA, but few of his fights have been exciting. Hopefully Manuel can change that. da Guia has not looked great in title fight, losing both of his title fights in Alpha-1 to Miyagi.

Dark Horse: Gus Fitzpatrick-11-2

Fitzpatrick is an all or nothing type of fighter. Win or lose, only 1 of his fights have went to a decision. Fitzpatrick has yet to debut in SIGMA since he was signed away from GAMMA, but if he can continue to bring to action he will be in a title fight sooner rather than later.

Middleweight: Buddy Garner 23-1

Garner's BJJ is second to none at 185. After only 1 fight in SIGMA, Garner became the first person to submit Isaiah Monroe.

Next in Line: Billy Russell-12-1

"The tap out artist" has been living up to his name with submissions of 8 of his last 9 opponents. While he doesnt present a new challenge to Garner, he is the best option because of his name value.

Dark Horse: Ryan Gracie-3-0

With 3 first round tap outs to his record Gracie seems poised to break into the upper echelon of Middleweight contenders. He may be the only middleweight in SIGMA that could out grapple Buddy Garner.

Light Heavyweight: Junior Patinkin-26-3

The hand-to-hand combat expert has stifled opponents since joining the LHW ranks. In his last two fights he has completely dominated previously undefeated fighters Matti Kurri and Valentin Taneyev.

Next in Line: Tadamasa Yamada-30-1

Yamada left Alpha-1 as their dominant champion. Yamada has yet to debut in SIGMA, but as the 32 p4p fighter in the world he is going to debut in the main event slot.

Dark Horse: Toby Sorkin-11-0

Sorkin is one of my most marketable fighters. He has yet to defeat a credible opponent, but with his natural ability and huge following he has the making of a great future title challenger.

Heavyweight: Fedor Emelianenko-8-0

At only 26 Fedor has quickly become a super star. With an out of nowhere win over James Foster many still dont believe in Fedor as he is only #13 in the heavyweight rankings.

Next in line: Aleksander Ivanov-17-1

The former champion has had a long road back to the top. With a victory against Armen Sarkisian he is in line to win his title back.

Dark Horse: Eduardo Costa-6-1

This Italian regen has been impressive knocking out multiple opponents with head kicks. While he did stumble against Roope Kuqi he is still a viable contender for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>UFC-November '14</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bantamweight</strong>: Miguel Angel Torres</p><p> </p><p>

-He had one defense in 2014 against Faber, and submitted him. He's still a pretty solid fighter, and may fight Renen Baro next.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Featherweight</strong>: Jose Aldo</p><p> </p><p>

-What do I need to say? He's the man! He submitted Diego Nunes in '14 to keep his belt, and it looks like Brandon Visher is going to try and take the gold from Junior.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Lightweight</strong>: Donald Cerrone</p><p> </p><p>

-He met with Ben Henderson against in 2014, and submitted the former WEC Champ. He went on to fight the surging Cody McKenzie, who dominated The Cowboy for 24:15 until Cerrone locked in an armbar just before the fight ended.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Welterweight</strong>: Jon Fitch</p><p> </p><p>

-Not much to say. He'll be fighting Kampmann soon.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Middleweight</strong>: Demian Maia</p><p> </p><p>

-With one fight in '14, Maia faught Wanderlei in a catch weight fight after Silva missed weight. Maia won, and is going to fight Chris Weidman at UFC 159.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Light Heavyweight</strong>: Stainslav Nedkov</p><p> </p><p>

-Sitting at 17-0, Nedkov is a force. He had one defense in '14 against Little Nog, and put him to sleep with a knee.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Heavyweight</strong>: Nathaniel Wilkes</p><p> </p><p>

-The definition of 'one of a kind regen.' This kid is a total ANIMAL! At just 22, he is 8-0 and had a very busy 2014 with a KO victory of Roy Nelson, a UD win over Shane Carwin and a submission victory over Rampage Jackson to claim the vacant Heavyweight title. Chad Corvin is next in line.</p>

UFC-November '14

Heavyweight: Nathaniel Wilkes

-The definition of 'one of a kind regen.' This kid is a total ANIMAL! At just 22, he is 8-0 and had a very busy 2014 with a KO victory of Roy Nelson, a UD win over Shane Carwin and a submission victory over Rampage Jackson to claim the vacant Heavyweight title. Chad Corvin is next in line.

Who's he a regen of?

Strikeforce October 2012!

We are currently at 82.8 Popularity (High Level National).

UFC are @ 7.6 Popularity (Low Level International).

Strikeforce Womens Featherweight (100-115lbs).

Champion: Felice Herrig (7-3) #14 Best Female P4P.

bt Sally Krumdiack in Tournament final to win Title.

Only just added the Featherweight Division Herrig has held the title for 1 month.

Strikeforce Flyweight (116-125lbs).

Champion: Sam Thao (8-1) #2 Flyweight

bt Josh Rave (1st Champ) August 2012 to win Title.

Josh Rave won the title Tournament in Feb of this year, i have 8 of the top 25 Flyweights currently in the division.

Strikeforce Womens Lightweight (116-125lbs).

Champion: Megumi "Mega Megu" Fuji (25-1) #6 P4P.

bt Carina Damm September 2012.

It was Mega-Megu that won the Title belt at the tail end of 2011 in a Tournament before going on to lose to Carina Damm in her first defence in a controversial judging decision, hence the immediate re-match.

Strikeforce Bantamweight (126-135lbs).

Champion: Jeff Curran (35-12-1) #10 P4P.#

bt Yoshiro Maeda in a Tournament final to win the belt (September 2011).

Keisuke Fujiwara (9-3-3) is the number one contender he is the #17 Bantamweight in the world, we have 5 of the top 25 Bantams.

Strikeforce Womens Welterweight (126-135lbs).

Champion: Liz Carmouche (6-1) #20 P4P.

Bt Marloes Coenen for the Title in September 2011 before losing to Emi Fujino in a big upset/controversial stoppage decision won the belt back in the September 2012 rematch.

Next up is Sarah Kaufman (15-1) #4 P4P.

Strikeforce Womens Middleweight (136-145lbs).

Champion: Miesha Tate (14-2) #5 P4P.

Bt Cris Cyborg March 2011 and has made 2 succesfull defences since.

Next up is Tara Larosa (21-1) #1 P4P next month @ Strikeforce 55: Tate vs Larosa.

Strikeforce Featherweight (136-145lbs).

Champion: Tito Jones (12-3) #8 P4P.

Wo the Belt in a Tournament final September 2011.

Recently beat Chad Mendes (13-1) in the best fight in Strikeforce history.

Strikeforce Lightweight (146-155lbs).

Champion: Lyle Beerbohm (17-0) #24 P4P.

Bt Billy Evangelista june 2012 for the Belt.

The Lightweight belt has been abit of a curse i've had 5 different champions in 2 years.

Gilbert Melendez (18-5) lost to Shinya Aoki (27-6) who lost to Billy Evangelista (13-2).

Number One Contender: Vitor 'Shaolin' Ribeiro (24-4) #14 P4P (and of course the way this division works he'll be the next champ).

Strikeforce Womens Light Heavyweight (146-160).

Champion: Gina Carano (9-3).

Bt Hiroko Yamanaka in a Tournament Final.

I'll be honest i've created this division purely to give Carano something to do shes a massive draw and i'll drop newcomers/regens into her division which her pop alone will get them tv fights, Cindy Dandois will be her first big test.

Strikeforce Welterweight (156-170lbs).

Champion: Anthony Johnson (12-3) #13 Welterweight.

Bt Nick Diaz (25-9) (who seemed indestructable previous to this fight) July 2012.

Matt Hughes will be 'Rumbles' first test in his retirement fight end of December. Tyron 'T-Wood' Woodley (11-1) awaits 'Rumble' if he beats Hughes.

Strikeforce Middleweight (171-185lbs).

Champion: Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza (17-2) #9 P4P.

Bt Jake Shields July 2010.

Has held the Title since i've been here, faces Kazuo Misaki (26-11-2) next month.

Luke Rockhold (10-1) #17 Middleweight is also lining up for a fight with Jacare, has is Demian Maia (16-2).

Strikeforce Light Heavyweight (186-205lbs).

Champion: Thiago Silva (17-3) #19 P4P #2 Light Heavyweight.

Bt Jason Brilz (23-4-1) July 2012 in his first defence.

Kevin Randleman (21-15) is awaiting a Title shot fter going on a 3 fight winning run over other top contenders. The recent additions of 'Mr. Wonderful' Phil Davis (11-0), Tito Ortiz (15-7-1), Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson (30-8), Jon 'Bones' Jones (13-3), Brandon 'The Truth' Vera (13-7) and 'Little Nog' Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (21-5) have reignited this seemingly dead division, and whoever comes out of Randleman vs Silva (whenever it happens) will have one of these former UFC guys to fight.

Strikeforce Heavyweight (206-265lbs).

Champion: Antonio 'Big Foot' Silva (19-2) #3 P4P.

When i started with Strikeforce (October 2010) UFC came in for Overeem straight away and so i quickly booked him vs 'Big Foot' end of October but surprise surprise 'Big Foot' missed weight but still won leaving me without a Champion but annoyed at Antonio Silva but i decided to hand him the belt anyway and put him against the undefeated Shane Del Rosario for Feb and expecting Antonio Silva to lose i'd shove him into a Super Heavyweight Division i was planning but he won and he carried on winning and here we are he's still champ 2 years later.

Next up for Antonio Silva will be the winner of the Hae Joon Yang (8-0) vs Shane Carwin (15-1) #7 P4P fight. Recent Heavyweight additions are Roy Nelson (16-7), Cro Cop (27-9-2), Junior dos Santos (13-4), Cain Velasquez (11-1) and 'Big Nog' Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (34-6-1).

Strikeforce Super Heavyweight (266-600).

Champion: Rex Richards (12-2) #2 Super Heavyweight.

Won Tournament September 2011.

Is set to face the Winner of Bobby Lashley (8-3) vs Hong Man Choi (6-3).

If anyone wants to know anything else just ask.

You can read about minehere

But to keep you guys up on speed, i'll post the champs.

Flyweight- Vacant, not a single flyweight fight yet.

Bantamweight- Dominick Cruz. Will face Faber for the title at UFC 137, then winner fights kid.

Featherweight- Mark Hominick. Beat Aldo at UFC 129 & will challenge Torres at UFC 141 after coaching TUF 14 featuring flyweights. Brought Torres up to be a legit contender for Hominick's belt, and someone I know who has people to help coach on TUF.

Lightweight- Frankie Edgar. Lost to Maynard in catchweight bout & will fight Pettis in Ireland for UFC 140

Welterweight- Georges St-Pierre. Beat Shields at UFC 129 by SD. Will face Lytle at UFC 136, if he wins he will fight Silva

Middleweight- Anderson Silva. Got dominated first round by Belfort, but won in 2nd. Fought Okami at UFC 135 in catchweight, got dominated for 2nd but won in 3rd.

Light Heavyweight- Jon Jones. Evans submitted Shogun, who left the UFC after a lost to Ortiz. Jones TKOed Evans

Heavyweight- JDS. Knocked out Cain & will face winner of Nelson vs. Lesnar at UFC 139

Just a minor thing, I think this side control reverse from mount thing happens way too often. I've seen it happen a lot during fights where a fighter gets it to the ground, passes and gets to side control and then tries to advance only for the opponent to gain side control and then stand up, just a little too common for my taste. And it's hardly like my guys are facing elite opposition either.

Guest goldenflyte

Just finished 2011 in my UFC dynasty.

Current titleholders are:

BW-Dominick Cruz (1 defense over miguel torres)

FW- Jose Aldo (2 defenses over Hominick and Diego Nunes)

LW- Gray Maynard (missed weight in his only defense over Guida)

WW-Jake Shields (2 defenses over Fitch and Diego Sanchez)

MW- Anderson Silva (3 defenses in 2011 over Bellfort,Okami and wanderlei silva

LHW-Shogun (2 defenses over Rashad Evans and Rich Franklin)

HW- Cain Velasquez (2 defenses in 2011 over dos Santos and big Nog)

Upcoming Title fights:

Shogun vs Thiago Silva

Cruz vs Urijah Faber

Aldo vs Florian

<p>Nuno Valentinez just died of natural causes in my game.</p><p> </p><p>

Three weeks into it, at age 18.</p><p> </p><p>

ROFL, that's one game you're not going to be FW champion in, Nuny.</p><p> </p><p>

I am expecting great things from this game, it's turning out weird already.</p>

I'm assuming it's things like drugs, car accident, etc. Not strictly speaking natural causes, but I'm guessing that is what it's leaning towards.

Yeah. I'm thinking this was when Rockson Gracie was claimed to have died in a "hanggliding accident" when he did, in reality, die of drug abuse or violence.

• 3 weeks later...

I lost all my previous saves because my HDD had to be replaced. I just started a new game, I am in June 1998. I am currently a Mid-Level Regional company based out of Florida. I used the lucky dip feature, and ended up with....

Negotiating - 2

Eye For Talent - 5

Match Making - 8

Promotion - 9

With a 2 in negotiating, I'm glad there is that delegate feature for contracts, lol.

My roster is as follows at the moment, listed by ranking within my company.

Lightweight

1. Manoel Cabral

2. Drauzio Simaan

3. Zac Bacall

4. Sebastian Fernandez

5. Frankie Geddon

6. Marcio do Amor Lima

7. Jay Dorridge

8. Nshan Ramazyan

9. Hidetada Matsumura

10. Avery Gleason

11. Xavi Castillejo

12. Quincy McGarry

13. Blas Suarez

14. Klaus Greis

15. Folke Dalen

16. Alain Saul

17. Matt Horrowitz

18. Morihiro Kiski

19. Yo****omo Horigome

Welterweight

1. Vikram Sithalayan

2. Syed Tan

3. Joe Hinchcliffe

4. Callum Henson

5. Phil Ball

6. Washichi Kobayashi

7. Felix Mattherson Jr

8. Vjekoslav Sarich

9. Afonso Romero

10. Lamont Banner

11. Oleksandro Hlushko

12. Stian Agdestein

13. Diego Arteta

14. Ethan LeGrange

15. Benni Peyroux

Middleweight

1. Tora Mizwar

2. Carl Ratcliffe

3. Greg Atteveld

4. Alex Cole

5. Drew Jenks

6. Todd D'Abruzzo

7. Julio Gutierrez

8. Nick Detroit

9. Kadonomaro Deguchi

10. Carson Neuwirth

11. Leandro Bastos

12. French Dancer

13. Artak Gevor

14. Alceu de Castro

15. Jordan Flintstone

16. Yoichi Kubo

17. Paxton Brinkal

18. Frederico Vergara

19. Edu Gattai

20. Ivor Orr

Light Heavyweight

1. Glenn Pimm

2. Trevor Murray

3. Pete Shilton

4. Jerry Bogdonovich

5. Petey Barnum

6. Guillermo Morales

7. William Harrison

8. Jericho Stewart

9. Justin Brannagh

10. Jethro Munter

11. Rens de Beus

12. Rupert Dreck

13. Matthew Michael Kirby

14. Toby Sorkin

15. Eric Dartmouth

16. Joshua Hope

17. Neville Granville

18. Makhak Kirakosyan

Heavyweight

1. Norman Pike

2. Russell McPhee

3. Marvin Stevens

4. Fletcher Merman

5. Steve Mason

6. Efren Luat

7. Christopher Sharp

8. Bob Dozier

9. Frank Analysis

10. Chuck Dooley

11. Christopher Drew

12. Sherman Shields

13. Jutaro Honma

14. Zsolt Hargitay

15. Guy Broom

16. Sahan Ozbek

I'm not too familiar with people in this game, too much. Who would you guys suggest I pick up for my divisions? Currently, I check out the results of all the local shows that take place throughout the world, and check out the fighters that have Great or better matches and offer them a contract, and if they do good, I keep em, if they do bad I will cut em.

My company is a small regional company, so I can give the young up and comers a shot at fighting infront of 700 people, instead of 100 people. :D

You can read about minehere

But to keep you guys up on speed, i'll post the champs.

Flyweight- Vacant, not a single flyweight fight yet, ether then the tuf finals one

Bantamweight- Urijah Faber. Beat Dominick Cruz & is fighting yamamoto at UFC 143.

Featherweight- Miguel Angel Torres. Beat Mark Hominick who beat Jose Aldo for the title, will make his first title defence against Diego Nunes. If he wins he will challenge for the bantamweight title.

Lightweight- Anthony Pettis. Beat Frankie Edgar and will face the octopus next.

Welterweight- Chris Lytle knocked out GSP & will challenge the welterweight tournament winner, Gray Maynard.

Middleweight- Anderson Silva. Got dominated first round by Belfort, but won in 2nd. Fought Okami at UFC 135 in catchweight, got dominated for 2nd but won in 3rd. Beat Rashad Evans by UD and will fight at LHW for his next fight also.

Light Heavyweight- Jon Jones. Evans submitted Shogun, who left the UFC after a lost to Ortiz. Jones TKOed Evans. Will face winner of Rampage vs. Franklin & will coach opposite them on tuf.

Heavyweight- JDS. Knocked out Cain & will face winner of Nelson vs. Lesnar at UFC 139. Will face Lesnar for the title.

I just decided to start a new game, I'm currently a Regional Org based out of Scandinavia. My current champions, and the top 5 ranked fighters per weight division within my org are as follows....

Heavyweight

Champion - Chuck Dooley (10-0) / #7 Heavyweight on Blurcat

Ranked #2 - Jaco Landeweerd (7-1)

Ranked #3 - Sylvester Collins (8-2)

Ranked #4 - Kanezane Fujii (8-2)

Ranked #5 - Ozzy Bintley (4-1)

Light Heavyweight

Champion - MacGregor Dare (6-0) / #16 Light Heavyweight on Blurcat

Ranked #2 - William Harrison (7-1)

Ranked #3 - Jericho Stewart (7-1)

Ranked #4 - Toby Sorkin (7-1)

Ranked #5 - Allen LeFleur (5-2)

Middleweight

Champion - Isaiah Monroe (8-1) / #25 Middleweight on Blurcat

Ranked #2 - Bill Brown (6-1)

Ranked #3 - Leonardo da Costa (13-7)

Ranked #4 - Gavin Marshall (5-1)

Ranked #5 - Rhys Buck (4-1)

Welterweight

Champion - Iain Fussell (8-0) / #18 Welterweight on Blurcat

Ranked #2 - Heikichi Shimizu (6-1)

Ranked #3 - Jayden Karp (5-1)

Ranked #4 - Marko Prochazka (20-13)

Ranked #5 - Vjekoslav Sarich (4-1)

Lightweight

Champion - Markus Waller (6-0) / #14 Lightweight on Blurcat

Ranked #2 - Nuno Valentino (7-1)

Ranked #3 - Manoel Cabral (7-1)

Ranked #4 - Gerrit Dudok (6-2)

Ranked #5 - Jay Dorridge (6-2)

My company currently runs TV shows on Continental Sports X1. I have 3 televised matches per event, and 5 preliminary matches, I'm gonna start having a title match each event, with the no.1 contendership for that title being the Co-Main Event, so that way both the champion and top contender should be available around the same time as eachother. Then have a match I think would get a good rating as the 3rd televised match. Then I'd have 5 prelims, one for each weight division. Once I'm big enough to get a PPV deal, I will follow a similar format for the PPV events, but with 10 total, two for each weight class. And then use my TV show for the lower ranked fighters.

Should I add a Featherweight divsion and/or a Women's?

It's Tuesday, week 1 of January 2008 in my main game (GAMMA). I'm at High Level International in USA, Mexico and Canada, low level international in Southern and Central America and Australia and low level national in other places, working on Europe, the UK and Japan. I run around 14 PPV's a year, plus several TV events (2 different shows) and try to give my fighters 3 fights a year.

My current rankings situation:

Featherweight (136-145lbs)

Champion: Li-Kong Ho, 30-0, 9 title defenses, 1# Featherweight, 1#P4P

Ho's the only GAMMA featherweight champion in the company's history, and is considered the best fighter in the world. At 33 years of age, he probably has a few more years before he'll start to slide. He's pretty much cleared out his division at this point, and I am considering giving him a shot at the 155-pound title to be the first man to hold two GAMMA titles simultaneously. Frank Romita will most likely fight him before that, and Ho will attempt to break the record for most title defenses (tied at 9 with Sean Morrison)

#2: Frank Romita, 21-4, #3 Featherweight, #21 P4P

The number one contender Romita has had a consistent stay near the top of the division for as long as the division has been present, and he has already faced Ho once, giving him a good fight but eventually succumbing to the champ's triangle choke in the fourth round. With 5 wins in his past 6 fights, Romita has beat Tomohiro Takeuchi, Yagi Jokichi, Louie Sullivan, Kenji Akita and Azor Portela Nunes, and is waiting for his shot at the title sometime inside the first quarter of 2008.

#3: Sophan Sastrowardoya, 13-3, #5 Featherweight

The 33-year-old Indonesian Sastrowardoya scored his biggest win in November, defeating Philip Ziskie via decision and solidifying his spot as a true contender. With good takedowns and ground skills, Sastrowardoya might not be the worst possible match-up for the champion, but he also possesses some KO power, so he'll provide excitement in every fight he goes in.

#4: Markus Waller, 13-3, #7 Featherweight

The jiu-jitsu black belt Waller is someone the fans are aching to see fight the champion, since it would almost certainly end up being an exciting grappling exchange. With just 3 wins in his last 5, he'll most likely fight Sastrowardoya for the contendership in the first quarter of the year.

#5: Roland Liaudin, 10-1, #8 Featherweight (Shuler Eigenberg regen)

A former top prospect turned contender by finishing Hisamitsu Sasaki via TKO in the first minute of the first round, Liaudin is a devastating striker with crippling kicks and stunning punching power. At 28 years of age many feel Liaudin might take the place of Ho in a couple of years on the throne at 145.

Lightweight (146-155)

Champion: Lubos Plasil, 23-3, #2 Lightweight, #9 P4P

The sambo specialist from the Czech republic surprised most MMA pundits in his last fight, taking the decision against former champion Manuel Silva in dominating fashion. At 38 years old, he's probably on the downslope of his career, but he'll certainly take his place in the history of the sport as one of the most consistent, solid elite fighters.

#2: Ogai Shiganori, 12-3, #5 Lightweight, #20 P4P (regen)

The man tipped by many to be the next lightweight champion, Shiganori possesses all the tools needed to go down as the greatest lightweight in the world. Suited for 145 as well, in fact, Shiganori stand 6 feet tall and has the reach on almost all of his opponents, and possesses fight-ending power in his hands. But aside from his dangerous striking, Shiganori has some of the most explosive wrestling in the division, landing 85% of his takedowns in 26 attempts, and has submitted many an opponent, including submission specialists Seth O'Breen and Vladimir Baskov.

#3: Manuel Silva, 29-6, #6 Lightweight

The former champion at both lightweight and welterweight, the 35-year old Silva finds himself in an uncomfortable spot - he'd need to work a convincing winning streak to earn a shot at either title. He'll most likely work his remaining years taking on contenders to see if they're ready, and earn his shot if he convinces me of making the match.

#4: Brandon Sugar, 39-13, #7 Lightweight

With victories over all the greats of the division, Sugar has solidified his spot as one of the greatest of all time, but at 37 years old is probably done as a title holder. After losing his title to Manoel Cabral in early 2007, he hasn't had a fight, and is waiting for a suitable match-up to come his way. The would be undeniable prestige in a fight between former champs Manuel Silva and Sugar.

#5: Luis Basora, 31-8, #8 Lightweight

It once looked like Basora was on the slide, and would need a victory soon not to be released from the promotion, but the Spanish judoka responded with a lengthy winning streak over top lightweights in Fiyero Lermontov, Lamont Banner, Sean Morrison and Gregory O'Hara, even capturing the title at one time and defending it twice successfully. He is 2-2 in his last 4, but an impressive submission over Darren Southall has put him near the top, and 1 or 2 more great performances could create a last run for him.

Welterweight (156-170)

Champion: Carlos da Guia, 31-5, #3 Welterweight, #11 P4P

The man sitting atop perhaps the weakest division in GAMMA, is nonetheless a fan favorite and deserving of a title belt. With four knockouts and one submission in his last six fights, da Guia doesn't waste time in the cage. Originally making an unsuccessful debut against world class kick boxer Diego Arteta in 2002, a rematch between the two is in the works.

#2: Diego Arteta, 16-8, #6 Welterweight

The only man to knock out the current champion, the Mexican Arteta has been up and down in GAMMA, as evidenced by his deceiving record. With four TKO wins in a row with an average of 3,5 minutes spent in the cage, Arteta along with da Guia is one of the best strikers at the weight, and has rightfully earned his spot as the number one contender.

#3: Rich Robinson, 18-5, #9 Welterweight

Awarded the Fight of the Year 2004 for his bout with Carlos da Guia, Robinson has always staid near the top of the 170 pound rankings, but has never quite cracked the very top of the heap. With a fight scheduled against Jeffrey Foxworthy in February, Robinson looks to turn in an impressive showing to win his second straight and lay down the foundations for a rematch with either one of the two top men (Robinson lost to da Guia via devastating flying knee KO, and beat Arteta via decision).

#4: David Webb, 24-7, #11 Welterweight

After a long layoff due to family matters, Webb came back in impressive fashion, scoring a decision victory over former champ Datuk Ong Ka Ting. With a loss to current champ da Guia in late 2006, Webb will need to impress the matchmaking crew a couple of times if he is to make a title run.

#5: Jeffrey Foxworthy, 18-5, #15 Welterweight

At one time a preliminary fight regular, Foxworthy quietly built a surprising tear that saw him rise to the top of the division. With wins over Bobby Brubaker, Tetsuji Myojin, Hamilton Fonseca Junior and most recently Evan Pizzarro, Foxworthy will next face Rich Robinson in February, and might be close to a title shot afterwards.

Middleweight (171-185)

Champion: Bill Brown, 19-3, 3 title defenses, #1 Middleweight, #4 P4P

One of, if not the biggest PPV draw in GAMMA, Brown made himself known in the early parts of his career as a grinder, a wrestler who took his opponents down and won decisions. Lately he has been changing that trend, finishing all of his fights with a title involved, with one TKO and three submissions. Brown is scheduled to face Leonardo da Costa this month.

#2: Leonardo da Costa, 25-7, #2 Middleweight, #5 P4P

With a long run with the middleweight title in OMEGA, da Costa came to GAMMA as a relative unknown in the United States, a fact that has most likely explained why he hasn't got his title shot earlier. With four submissions in his last four fights, da Costa will pose a sizeable threat to Brown on the ground.

#3: Jakuchu Abe, 19-7, #4 Middleweight, #17 P4P

One of the greatest submission specialists in MMA history, Jakuchu Abe has had his rivalries with several top middleweights, most notably holding a 1-1 score with current champion Bill Brown. After a 9 month layoff due to personal issues Abe is set to face the winner of da Costa versus Brown.

#4: Oleg Tariverdiev, 16-3, #5 Middleweight, #24 P4P

The Russian submission specialist made his GAMMA debut in October 2007 after winning the SIGMA middleweight title. With a submission win over respected grappler Charlie Oakley, Tariverdiev is on his way toward a title shot, with a fight scheduled against Billy Russell in January.

#5: Buddy Garner, 26-5, #7 Middleweight

The former long time middleweight champion, Garner holds the record for most middleweight title defenses at 5. Seemingly at a slide after his title loss to Isaiah Monroe, Garner has made a strong comeback with two back-to-back submission victories. Garner will most likely need one or two more victories, which at 36 years of age is going to be a challenge.

Light Heavyweight (186-205)

Champion: Isaiah Monroe, 22-4, 1 title defense, #1 LHW, #3P4P

Another huge draw for GAMMA, Isaiah Monroe went up in weight after losing his middleweight belt to Bill Brown. With a successful 205-pound debut over Affonso Villar, Monroe was given his title shot against the then champion Marlon John, whom he defeated via rear naked choke in one of the most anticipated title fights in GAMMA history. After defending his title against Jericho Stewart in November, Monroe looks like he could hold the light heavyweight belt for a while.

#2: Jiroemon Hasegawa, 20-7, #3 LHW, #18P4P

One of the best light heavyweight grapplers, Hasegawa held the belt in the division for a year in 2004. With three straight impressive wins he is most likely next in line for the title.

#3: Dag Kreuger, 19-6, #7 LHW

With an impressive record and impressive fights throughout, Kreuger has only been awarded a title shot once, against Marlon John in 2006, which he lost. Rebounding with wins over Junior Patinkin, Jesse Montoya and Tamadasa Yamada, Kreuger is one fight away from getting another crack at the title - he's scheduled to fight Toby Sorkin in February in a contenders' match up.

#4: Toby Sorkin, 17-7, #8 LHW

To the surprise of many fans, there hasn't been any trash talk leading up to the fight between Sorkin and Kreuger, at least not yet. Whether it tells more about Sorkin's focus or Kreuger's personality remains to be seen. Sorkin is well known for his feuds with just about everybody, most notably his rivalry with former champion William Harrison.

#5: Mike Watson, 22-7, #10 LHW

The former champion Watson has always been near the top of the ladder at light heavyweight, and is next expected to face Curt Kitson in the first quarter of 2008. His consistency is proven by the statistic that he has never lost twice back-to-back, and holds victories over most of the top 205-pounders in the world, including Dag Kreuger, Affonso Villar, Marlon John and Tamadasa Yamada.

Heavyweight (206-265)

Champion: Nate MacReary, 17-3, 1 title defense #1 Heavyweight, #8 P4P

The 32-year-old Canadian is the first heavyweight in a long time to successfully defend his title, wrestling the title away from the betting favorite Murilo Satinho, and then defending the belt against number one contender Kurt McDonald in December. In an era of powerful heavyweight wrestlers, MacReary might've found his place as the king of that era.

#2: Rav Kapur, 21-3, #5 Heavyweight

The former champion Kapur went 1-2 against Murilo Satinho in their trilogy, and has been waiting for a fight that makes sense for 9 months. At 35 years old his downslope might be around the corner, but the Englishman will still make some intriguing match-ups, and might face the former number one contender Kurt McDonald in a battle of big strikers.

#3: Sly Twinge, 18-9, #6 Heavyweight

Formerly a man known as the heavyweight gatekeeper, Twinge has turned things around by building a winning streak that includes to hot prospects Ozzy Bintley and Zachary Cool, as well as a contender in Terron Cabal. One more impressive fight might put him in position to fight MacReary for the title.

#4: Anton Jelinek, 12-2, #8 Heavyweight Manol Sirakov regen

The man nicknamed "The Prodigy", the 25-year old Bulgarian Jelinek is one of the best heavyweight submission specialists, and holds a three fight winning streak via rear naked choke in his back pocket. Posting a 2-0 record in GAMMA after leaving ALPHA-1, Jelinek will most likely need some more exposure to the American crowd before fighting for a title, and will get an opportunity to get just that in January against Lefter Oktay.

#5: Juan Criss, 12-3, #9 Heavyweight Frank Sheedy regen

The catch wrestler "Dirty" Juan Criss is only 23 years old, and already holds 9 submission victories in 12 fights, as well as 3 submission of the night and 3 fight of the night awards. The future is looking bright for the young Texan.

Archived