What's Going on in YOUR Game?

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've currently playing the game with the AFF (American Fight Federation ala Wendt) playing it kind of like Strikeforce starting off. I used a few of my own renders for fighters and imported the org so they'd have about 6 fighters already under contract. Thats when I realized how robust the new negotiation engine is and began signing all fights of low end fighters. This is perhaps the least amount of 'cheating' I've done in a Greydog software game thus far. And even then I really didn't cheat. I used the premade settings to make the new fighters and really didn't even edit them. I did add 1 Tiny TV station and 2 Tiny PPV carriers (one for the US and Mexico then other for Asia and Australia) using Wendt's new graphics

Fast forward into the game. I started at Jan 1998 and now I'm now up to Sept 1999. The AFF took over KDM FC, increased their number of weight classes, gave them an influx of cash to help them through from the AFF coffers, and now I'm fending off occasional attempts from TOP to sign my best fighters who no longer want to be signed to exclusive contracts. I have a small PPV deal with Canal Fiesta which is isn't paying tons but I'm making about 300k or so per show now so that's more than enough to fill the bank account :)

I've also created some empty fight camps and let the game roll with them as it may. Dragon's Nest in California is doing really well with the France Kickboxing Academy and Laoch Fight Camp having recently opened and slowly bringing in fighters.

Just finished 1998 with KDM FC, having held 11 events.

Most impressive find is Julian Beals, I picked him up at 2-0 and he's now 6-2 and Rookie of the Year - 4 Great matches, 1 Good and 1 Decent. Lost to Taufik Wijaya and Juan Pablo Rique (was winning that but got caught in a rear naked choke); has beaten various other young stars with submissions in round 1.

My Women's Champion Sayoko Ebisawa (8-0) is Female Fighter of the Year deservedly, although she looked likely to lose her title in the final defense of the year to Naora Kikuchi, who was soccer kicking the heck out of her until Ebisawa caught one and locked on a desperation kneebar for the tap-out.

I got Fight of the Year for Kanji Togo beating Foggy Lee, KO of the Year for Sukarno punching Atep, and Submission of the Year for Li-Kong Ho's rear naked choke victory in his 2nd match against Tomohiro Takeuchi - but also Worst Fight of the Year for their original match.

Up next for LKH is Kanji Togo (15-5) who's beaten decent competitors Norberto and Davi Carlos Ramos to become number 1 contender.

Lightweight division has no champ after Sukarno's contract ended; Atep (10-2) is about to face Carl Chenoweth (4-0) for the vacant belt with Brit Nigel Collett (6-1) up for the winner.

Fun, fun, FUN game. :)

So close to getting this dynasty up. Final tournament show is about to go down, with the Lightweight Champion being crowned. Lots of shockers during this game so far, and lots of big names have signed on with us.

Have I mentioned that this game is incredible. I think I have.

Made it through 1999 in my GAMMA. I'm getting tempted to start over with Alpha, as I've never given them a proper try since WMMA1.

What has happened in my game through 1999:

• I signed people and then I signed people, and then I signed some more people. If their deal came up and they had talent, I was tempted. I grabbed Li Kong Ho and Sukarno by absorbing them through KDM FC. I grabbed Lefter Oktay, Alfono Villar, Curt Kitson, Aleksei Chekhov, Carlos da Guia, Fiyero Lemetov, Jake Keane, Luis Basora and Phillipe Ziskie. Pretty much the only talent I really want to still steal is Fezzik.
  • Made it to High Level National with GAMMA and passed ALPHA around mid-year.
  • Thais Antonio Taffarel won Fighter of the Year for 1999. Kikuchi suffered the fall of the year. Jennie Gill vs Haley Croft was Fight of the Year.
  • Finally got a TV show about mid year. Nice way to feature the prospects a bit more.
  • Raul Hughes hung onto the HW title for the entire year. He beat Banks via KO at GAMMA 37 and Jeff Carlton the same way at G42 (Rock Paper Dynamite). He was scheduled to face Norbert Vinkus early in 2000. And if he survived that, it was going to be a showdown with Khru Duangjan... that PPV so would've got named "Motley Khru".
  • Khru is one of the best successes. At the end of 1999, he is my #2 HW and #4 HW on Blurcat, plus #23 P4P. He's had 7 fights in GAMMA and 7 wins. 6 TKO wins via strikes and one by submission. Only one his fights has gone past the 3:30 mark of the first round, and three have ended by the 1:30. Including his most recent fight against Tim Boyer.
  • Mike Watson successfully defended the LHW belt twice. First against Marlon John, then against Linfield Ballard. No such luck against Zvonimir Asanovic. At G44: The Big Bang, Watson had his head kicked off in 28 seconds. Guess the PPV lived up to its name...
  • Asanovic's first defense is going to be against Affonso Villar. He earned a title shot by TKOing Ken Peters in 22 seconds.
  • After winning Fighter of the Year, Matthew Dean lost the MW title to Dexter Darling via TKO. The PPV was named To Be the Man. Darling lost the belt to Neil Napier, who I was expecting to take it from Dean anyway. Next challenger is going to be Nathan Chambers, but there are a lot of possibilities at MW.
  • Julio Regueiro remains the Welterweight champion. He submitted both Josh Aldarisio and Jack Humphreys (though not at the same time). After the Humphreys fight, he was put on the shelf with a leg injury for six months. So I created an Interim WW title. Carlos Da Guia, who beat Dan Halvorsen on his debut and was intended to be the next challenger for Regueiro, beat Rufus Stephens with a head kick to take the Interim. Da Guia is likely going to face Noach Van Der Capellen, with the winner facing Regueiro to unite the two titles.
  • Sean Morrison hung onto the LW title by beating Bud Brockett and then Luke Hilton. The Brockett fight was a gimme defense, as I had brought in Sukarno and gave him a "warm-up" fight against Menzel. After winning that fight and getting a shiny new huge contract, Sukarno decided to take 9 months off to be with family and friends. Jerkass. There goes that plan. In the meantime, I signed Fiyero Lermontov, who is supposed to get the next shot at Morrison's belt.
  • Heiko Pander was a busy young man. After winning the Featherweight title late in 1998, he defended it three times, including an impressive KO win over Manish Khan. He lost it to Li-Kong Ho in a Fantastic fight on TV. The plan was to have the winner of that fight defend it next against Philip Ziskie... Except he decided to emulate Sukarno by getting a gimme win and then taking a 9-month sabbatical.

Had a ton of fun with this game and I feel like I'm really getting a handle on WMMA3. Think I'm gonna give ALPHA-1 a try, though.

Been a pretty wild Year 3. 2000 just came to an end as GAMMA for me. I absorbed KDM FC at the very start of the year, taking their Featherweight division and some of their Lightweights.

They had lost Li-Kong Ho due to him being too much money, so I brought him back and he re-gained his title.

They also lost Sukarno, so I brought him in and gave him a shot to regain the KDM lightweight title before I unified it with GAMMA. He did regain it, but the shocker was before the unification fight, Brandon Sugar beat Sean Morrison in their rematch. Sugar then went on to TKO Sukarno in about 90 seconds.

The craziest thing hadn't even come in that division. Brandon Sugar's next defense was against H.M. Menzel, who really only got the title shot due to a lack of contenders. But Menzel went on to surprisingly TKO Sugar in Round 4 after being beaten up the entire fight. It was my upset of the year.

The other divisions arn't too surprising. Buddy Garner, Julio Regueiro (who actually re-gained it this year), Lefter Oktay. Nilton Fantoni is kind of a newbie for me when it comes to dominants, but I don't see him beating Marlon John who is trying to re-gain his title after losing it to Junior Patinkin in their re-match (Fantoni got it from Patinkin).

EDIT:

Oh, and a couple people who need to get title shots but they need losing #1 contenderships: Tank Manu'a and Sammy Gaffigan. Tank is awesome at slamming and TKO'ing, and Gaffigan almost managed to take out people's legs with quick kicks. But they always lose the big matches before the title fights.

I started a game with a created promotion, called American Fighting Federation. I held my first event. My 3rd match on the card..

http://i51.tinypic.com/dgo66o.jpg

This game = The rest of my Christmas break.

Up next is AFF 2: Jon Silvers Vs. Toby Sorkin for the Light Heavyweight Championship. Also Diego Arteta is on the card, which in case you didn't know, is my all time favorite fighter.

If I continue, my next update will be in 1999!

• Khru is one of the best successes. At the end of 1999, he is my #2 HW and #4 HW on Blurcat, plus #23 P4P. He's had 7 fights in GAMMA and 7 wins. 6 TKO wins via strikes and one by submission. Only one his fights has gone past the 3:30 mark of the first round, and three have ended by the 1:30. Including his most recent fight against Tim Boyer.

Khru has been crazy in my game too, just blasting guys left and right. Signed him late 98 and he's torn through six guys so far.

• Julio Regueiro remains the Welterweight champion. He submitted both Josh Aldarisio and Jack Humphreys (though not at the same time). After the Humphreys fight, he was put on the shelf with a leg injury for six months. So I created an Interim WW title. Carlos Da Guia, who beat Dan Halvorsen on his debut and was intended to be the next challenger for Regueiro, beat Rufus Stephens with a head kick to take the Interim. Da Guia is likely going to face Noach Van Der Capellen, with the winner facing Regueiro to unite the two titles.

Reguerio lost the title in his first defense, went 1-2 and got cut from GAMMA in my game. :eek: Then he signed with recently opened TOP, got three wins in a row and then I poached him.

Had a ton of fun with this game and I feel like I'm really getting a handle on WMMA3. Think I'm gonna give ALPHA-1 a try, though.

Yeah ALPHA-1 is great fun. As of August 2001, my champs are:

• Featherweight - Li-Kong Ho. I've somewhat documented Li-Kong Ho's unbeatable nature in this thread before. He won the belt in October 1999 after I first created the featherweight division and he's beaten every challenger (Sukarno x2, Yamamoto, Takeuchi x2) via tap out. Just signed Philip Ziskie so gonna try and build him up as the next challenger.
  • Lightweight - Jonathan Huang. This is the title that has changed hands the most out of all the belts. Huang won the belt in February 2001 by submitting Heikichi Shimizu.
  • Welterweight - Carlos de Guia. Held the belt since May 1999 which, though it sounds very impressive, is largely due to the competition not being great. This is certainly my weakest division.
  • Middleweight - Tora Mizwar. Won the belt in February 2000 and has defended the belt successfully three times since. His title winning match against long time champion Heiji Endo was rated Excellent.
  • Light Heavyweight - Tamadasa Yamada. Won the belt in April 2001 by handing Jin Katou his first ever loss. Almost certainly my strongest division, both in terms of skill and popularity. In a division with the likes of Jin Katou, Sho Kitabatake, Guillermo Morales, Hyun-Shuk Lim and Jiroeman Hasegawa (all mid level international or higher), Yamada has a wealth of challengers.
  • Heavyweight - Hassan Fezzik. What else can I say? Champion since August 1996, that's nearly three years playing time, and five years overall. Now has a record of 33-0. Since I've been playing he's seen off Eien Kawano, Kunimichi Kikuchi, Palmer Lette (x2), Gyokusho Fujimoto (giving Fujimoto his first loss), Ari Peltonen and Valentin Taneyev. All of them apart from Peltonen (TKO) were won by submission. Like with Ho, the biggest challenge is actually finding someone who will at least give him a bit of a challenge. His next opponent is Chuck Dooley (15-0) who himself has beaten Kikuchi, Lette and Taneyev. In terms of skill, he may provide Fezzik's toughest opponent yet.

This game is so freaking good.

I'm very addicted to this game after not getting WMMA 2 at all. I'm more of a wrestling fan and get all of those games but still "like" MMA quite a bit. I just never play much with the default data but then also don't know so much about all of MMA that playing a real world mod is a bit tough as well. Anyway, I decided to give the default data a go again as I did use it in the first game and had fun in WMMA 1.

The only options I have changed is to not allow the owner to block me from hiring anyone I wanted to. After a few months I thought it was a bit ridiculous when I was making the company a ton of profit not to let me get some of the heavy hitters so I turned that option off.

I'm up to April 2000 right now and my game looks like this.

Heavyweight Champion is Gyokusho Fujimoto who just won the belt at my last card Gamma 51: Shattered Dreams. He is 13-0 now in game. After his 3rd in game match in Alpha 1 I picked him up and he went on to plow through Frank Sheedy, Bob Dozer, and Frank Analysis leading up to his title fight where he beat Jeff Carlton in Carlton's first defense after dethroning Hughes.

James Foster lost the belt immediately to Hughes at GAMMA 25. He lost his next match to Carlton at GAMMA 34: Miami Spooktacular. He rebounded with a TV win over Duke Aiona at GAMMA: Proving Grounds, my TV show. Then came a Fantastic rated matchup with Longshore Damien Jones at GAMMA 45: Hang Ten which he won. He just suffered his second loss to Hughes at GAMMA 50: No Gimmicks so Foster is pretty much just hanging around as a fringe top 5 contender right now.

My favorite Heavyweight is Longshore Damien Jones. Right now he's only ranked 15th in my game now but he is always fun to book. He came into GAMMA 2-0 and immediately lost his first contest, a majority decision, to Frank Sheedy at GAMMA 23. He beat Roope Kuqi at GAMMA 28: Jersey Shore Showdown. Then I was trying to feed him to Norbert Vinkus at GAMMA 31: Texas Twostep and he flattened Vinkus with a KO Punch 2 minutes in. He beat Frank Analysis by Unanimous Decision twice in a row (booking error) and then went on to KO Leon Banks at GAMMA 40: Old School. James Foster called him out and asked for a match so I obliged by putting them together at GAMMA 45 and Foster won a Fantastic contest. Jones then lost again to a newcomer Josimar Martins in a war that went to decision and still got a Great rating. He's bounced back at GAMMA 52 by avenging his first loss in the promotion to Frank Sheedy. That Pier Six Brawling probably won't ever win him the title but he's an exciting fighter to have in the promotion.

Light Heavyweight Champion is Marlon John. He has been a machine only losing once at GAMMA 32 to Mike Watson. He followed that loss up with wins over Jerry Bogdonovich, Faas Smit, Guillermo Morales, and Spencer Rubenstein. He won the title from Anthony LeToussier at GAMMA 45 and has made his first successful defense over the #2 Light Heavyweight in the world, the man that was brought in to see if John was the real deal, Jin Katou. John TKO'd him in the second round at GAMMA 49: Dawn of the Millennium. He is set to take on another newcomer, Zvonimir Asanovic at GAMMA 54: Bluegrass Bash in June 2000.

Middleweight Champion is Buddy Garner who is also a machine in game. 18-0 so far. In my game he has wins over JJ Reid, Ashley Ballard, wins the belt from Stuart Strange in his first defense at GAMMA 41: Clash of the Titans, then beats Napier and Dexter Darling in his first two defenses.

Welterweight Champion is Julio Reguerio who is still undefeated. He's beaten and defended his belt against Jack Humphreys, Bobby Brubaker, Rufus Stephens, Datuk Ong Ka Ting, Kafu Bunya, and most recently Vikram Sithalayan.

Lightweight Champion is Sean Morrison. He hasn't held it the whole way through though. He lost the belt to Brandon Sugar in his first defense in game. Sugar lost the belt to Bud Brockett in his first defense. Brockett lost the title back to Morrison in his first defense. Now Morrison has had two successful defenses with the belt against HM Menzel at a GAMMA Proving Grounds TV show and then most recently at another GAMMA Proving Grounds over Truck Gleeson.

Best PPV of All Time:

GAMMA 50: No Gimmicks (688k buys) headlined by Raul Hughes and James Foster in a #1 contender match.

Fighters of the Year: 98 - Raul Hughes, 99 - Marlon John

Oh, meant to mention I did change one other thing - allowing for the tournaments. I was a big fan of the old UFC when they done those 1 night tourneys so I have implemented them some in game. Mostly they are 4 men tournaments from time to time among the lower ranked competitors in game. I'll have the first round as the first two prelims of the night and then the final match will be right before the Co-Main Event. It's worked fairly good so far in helping figure out the cans from the guys that could move up. I did have one 8 man "Supertourney" at GAMMA 40: Old School to determine a #1 contender for the Light Heavyweight Title.

R1:

Guillermo Morales beat Linfield Ballard

Marlon John beat Faas Smit

Ken Peters over Curt Kiston

Spencer Rubenstein over Mike Watson

R2:

Marlon John over Guillermo Morales

Spencer Rubenstein over Ken Peters

Finals:

Marlon John beat Spencer Rubenstein

This launched John to the belt, fighter of the year, and he's just been a machine since this tournament. I am thinking of doing one of those types again here soon in another division. Maybe it is a bit unrealistic but I find it useful and fun to do from time to time.

2000 was a crazy year for SIGMA, filled with upset's and shocking developments aplenty. Not only that, but SIGMA finally broke out onto the national stage, finally reaching even ground with the major players ALPHA-1 and GAMMA.

Featherweight Champion: Luiz Machado (28-4)

Luiz Machado fought twice in 2000 and defeated both (#7) Colm Dee and (#5) Frank Romita with submissions in the first round to retain his championship. Machado has almost cleared out the top of the division, but still has tests left in (#5) Fernando Peragon, and (#6) Manish Khan.

Lightweight Champion: Fiyero Lermontov (16-0)

Lermontov fought twice in 2000 against (#17) ranked Rodolph Gygax and (#6) ranked Seth O'Brien. Against O'Brien in particular, Lermontov appeared unbeatable as he knocked O'Brien to next week, then easily submitted him on the ground. Lermontov has a serious test looming, as the undefeated 8-0 Manoel Cabral (#11) as the next logical challenger. And there is also the undefeated 11-0 Lubos Plasil (#12) silently waiting for his chance...

Welterweight Champion: Filip Hristov (6-0)

Templeton Crumb went into 2000 as one of the most dominate Welterweight's in the world. In January of 2000, he defended his title against Evengi Medtner. After the fight, it was announced that Crumb had failed his post fight drug test and was suspended for one year leaving the Welterweight championship vacant. Former champion Noach Van Der Capellen and Jens Halle battled it out in April to decide the new champion, with Capellen coming out victorious. Capellen was given a "gimme" title defense against red hot judoka Filip Hristov. As expected Capellen proved to be too much for Hristov standing, and nearly KO'd Hristov with a head kick. Capellen dived in to finish, only to be immediately swept by the judoka and quickly submitted with a choke in one of the biggest upsets in SIGMA history. All signs point to Filip making his first defense against the unbeaten champion Templeton Crumb when Crumb returns in February.

Middleweight Champion: Tora Mizwar (23-7)

2000 began with Drazen Gabelich reigning atop the MW rankings in SIGMA. Joaquim Fontes ended that, as he used superior grappling to defeat the champion by submission. Fontes failed to rack up one defense, as he was upset by Tora Mizwar in Fontes' first defense. Fontes made a costly takedown attempt, allowing Mizwar to pounce knocking Fontes out in the first round. Mizwar's first defense will be against the 8-0 unbeaten monster that is Isaiah Monroe (#12)

Light Heavyweight Champion: Nicolai Mickiewicz (24-4)

Mickiewicz has reigned over the SIGMA Light Heavyweight division for now two years after beating Niko Soldo in 1998. Despite that, Mickiewicz still has challengers. The obvious challenger is Affonso Villar (#2) who made his SIGMA debut in brutal fashion at the end of 2000. In addition, 6-0 Gustavo Spagnol (#10) and 17-1 Osmosis Benn (#11) are both prime contenders to face Mickiewicz in the near future.

Heavyweight Champion: Grzegorz Boniek (38-5)

2000 began with Lefter Oktay as Heavyweight Champion fresh off beating Boniek in December. Oktay would hold the championship until meeting Armen Sarkisian who quickly destroyed Oktay to claim the championship. To finish the year, Boniek was given a chance to reclaim the championship. For two rounds, Sarkisian mauled Boniek using superior grappling ability. Sarkisian gassed out in the third, and Boniek landed the hail mary with a leaping Guillotine Choke from the clinch to snatch the HW championship. Boniek faces a stiff first challenge as the unbeaten 10-0 Rav Kapur (#6) looms. If Boniek can best the Beast, he may very well end up head to head with Lefter Oktay once again...

Currently, I'm running a High Level Regional company baed out of California. I have a PPV deal, and a TV Show deal. First thing I did was shortlist all the ranked 1-25 fighters in every weight division so I could hire them whe their contracts ran out.

I've only ran 2 TV Show events and 3 PPV events, but my champions as of July 1998 are....

DESTINY Featherweight - Lamont Banner

DESTINY Lightweight - Seth O'Breen

DESTINY Welterweight - Geoff Cahill

DESTINY Middleweight - Alex Cole

DESTINY Light Heavyweight - Hyun-Shik Lim

DESTINY Heavyweight - Christopher Sharp

Does anyone know what happens if I don't give a fighter all their guaranteed fights? Do I just pay them as if they had fought? Like if they had 2 remaining guaranteed fights, and their contract runs out do I just pay them for two fights? Also if I forget about someone and never book them to fight, will they get mad and refuse to resign? >.>

Does anyone know what happens if I don't give a fighter all their guaranteed fights? Do I just pay them as if they had fought? Like if they had 2 remaining guaranteed fights, and their contract runs out do I just pay them for two fights? Also if I forget about someone and never book them to fight, will they get mad and refuse to resign? >.>

Yes, you would just pay them for their two remaining fights.

I don't believe a fighter will get mad and refuse to resign if you don't book them, but I could be wrong.

Pete Shilton has injured his face for 6months during training. Hopefully by the time he gets back from injury, I can sign Murray O'Hare, in my last game they won fight of the year, I hope they can recreate that.

Yes, you would just pay them for their two remaining fights.

I don't believe a fighter will get mad and refuse to resign if you don't book them, but I could be wrong.

Thanks.

The year is 2001. It took 3 years and 154 matches, but I made AFF go from Low Level Regional to MID LEVEL REGIONAL! Not the biggest achievement, but it is to me.

Here is a run down of the champions

AFF Lightweight - Masahiro Maeno

AFF Welterweight - Evan Gardner

AFF Middleweight - Ethan Sutton

AFF Light Heavyweight - Toby Dingleberry

AFF Heavyweight - Norman Pike

Norman Pike has become my absolutely favorite fighter in AFF. Here is a little look at his record

http://i52.tinypic.com/2mqj8l0.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2n74o5j.jpg

"Battle of the Beasts II" started as a tournament I had when then Champ Sam Hoynes was leaving, I vacanted the championship and held "AFF 26: Battle of the Beasts" in which Norman was in, but lost. Damien Jones won instead. Pike beat Jones at "AFF 30: Jones vs. Pike 2" and after that Jones and I had a contract falling out. So I held the tournament one more time to send off one of my greatest fighters off and Pike retained. Jones lost in the first round of the tournament.

Damien Jones is another fighter, as I stated before he was one of my greatest fighters. He was one of my first signings and when I first got him, I thought he was going to be a nobody loser. He destroyed Fletcher Merman, who was awful, in his first fight in the promotion. His ranking went up and I had him fight champion Wilson Franklyn for the championship and Jones won. He defended his title two more times until he ran into "The Dallas Cowboy" Sam Hoynes and fell victim to a Rear Naked Choke, then when same left, I held the first "Battle of the Beasts" and Jones destroying all 2 of his 3 opponents in the first round. He fought against "The Urban Cowboy" Steve Mason in the final round and won 26 seconds into the round via TKO by strikes. He had a rematch against Norman Pike, this was their second bout. Their first match saw Pike lose via TKO by strikes in the 4th round. The match won 1999 Main Event of the Year and was Fight of the Night..

In 2000, the two had a rematch for the title again. This time Pike got a Arm Triangle on Jones and won in the 3rd round. The match was the Fight of the Night. This match also won the 2000 Main Event of the Year AND Fight of the Year. This, sadly, turned out to be one of the last matches Jones ever had in AFF, with "Battle of the Beasts II" being his last ever match.

End of the Year Awards for AFF

1998 Rookie of the Year - Damien Jones

1998 Show of the Year - AFF 6: Devine vs. Concannon (Fantastic and Decent)

1998 Rise of the Year - Guilherme de Barros

1999 Main Event of the Year - Damien Jones vs. Norman Pike (Fantastic)

2000 Fight of the Year - Norman Pike vs. Damien Jones (Fantastic)

2000 Main Event of the Year - Norman Pike vs. Damien Jones (Fantastic)

2000 Upset of the Year - Gene Oakley defeats Guilherme de Barros (Fantastic)

I held my first ever PPV and we got 22,402 buys, that PPV was also "AFF 34: Battle of the Beasts II"

Sadly Guilherme de Barros and Damien Jones are no longer in my promotion, they moved on. Guilherme de Barros signed with ALPHA-1 and Damien Jones is unemployed. Here is the last thing, my user profile...

http://i51.tinypic.com/2nsyq9d.jpg

Still rolling with my GAMMA game and up to July of 2001.

Featherweight:

Current Champion: Brian Claremont.

After taking the Title from Claremont in August of '98 Lamont Banner successfully defended his belt against Manish Khan in what is still being called the worst fight in GAMMA history (abysmal). To his credit Banner is the only man to have successfully defense under his belt as following champions Li-Kong Ho and Easton Frye both lost the gold on their first defense. Two time and current champion Brian Claremont has a tough test in Heiko Pander up next with the winner set to defend against Philip Ziskie. On a side note, since losing the belt Lamont Banner has gone on a three fight losing streak, first dropping the belt to Ho, a TKO defeat to Pander and a UD defeat to Takeuchi.

Lightweight:

Current Champion: Sean Morrison.

Following his upset victory over Morrison, then reigning champion Brandon Sugar defended his gold against Beau Goshin before dropping the title to the up and coming Bud Brockett. Brockett failed to run with the momentum and was defeated by Fiyero Lermontov, who in turn dropped the belt to current Champion Sean Morrison. Moss Gilbert is the next challenger for the gold, currently riding a four fight winning streak and having a combined count of seven "of the night" awards.

Welterweight:

Current Champion: Jayden Karp.

After beating back challenges from Jack Humphreys and Josh Aldarisio the freight train known as Rufus Stephens finally got derailed by Nathan Chambers. The Black Superman destroyed an in form Dan Halvorsen in his first Title defense only to be upset by Jayden Karp in the 5th round of their bout via and arm triangle submission (up until that point Chambers was dominating the fight) Following his victory Karp called out Julio Regueiro who seems to be making a slow, but steady, come back after earning the dubious honor of Fall of the Year for 1998.

Middleweight:

Current Champion: Matthew Dean.

Buddy Garner had a successful run as the Middleweight Champion with a split decision victory over JJ Reid and submission wins over Patrick Thomas and Neil Napier but had no answers for Stuart Strange who pinned Garner against the cage for five rounds on the way to an unspectacular UD win. Strange's Title run wouldn't last long as he dropped the belt to Matthew Dean on his first defense in a fight that was even worse than his "epic" match with Garner. Though stacked with talent the Middleweight divsion doesn't have a clear cut number one contender yet, at this stage Osmosis Ben and Dexter Darling will most likely face off to determine who gets the next crack at Dean while the rest of the division works to find it's next break out star.

Light Heavyweight:

Current Champion: Marlon John.

There is no stopping Marlon John, after taking the belt from Spencer Rubenstein in '98 John has recorded defenses against Lawrence Herringbone, Anthony LeToussier, Spencer Rubenstein, Bryan Van Den Hauwe and Junior Patinkin. Ken Peters is the next likely challenger as he has carved a similar path of destruction through the division.

Heavyweight:

Current Champion: Aleksander Ivanov.

Following successful defenses against Tim Boyer, Christopher Sharp and James Foster "The Rock" Jeff Carlton got caught in a guillotine choke by "The Great Bear." Ivanov won't have an easy first defense as the pound for pound number one fighter, Hassan Fezzik, has arrived in GAMMA. Fezzik easily dispatched former Champion James Foster in his GAMMA debut looks ready to humble the rising star from Russia.

Almost a year into the game,

Reguerio got KO'd by Chambers in 1 minute, Chambers loses to JJ Reid.

Thomas Smith submits Buddy Garner...

Neil Napier is getting absolutely destroyed by everyone he faces (Petey Mack and Patrick Thomas have brutally KO'd him).

Definitely a wild and unexpecting start to GAMMA!

Just finished my first year in GAMMA

I basically have a sandlot mode, as I stack my cards with 20 fights/card.

Champions...

FW: Yagi Jokichi

LW: Sean Morrison (Defended against Brandon Sugar and Seth O'Breen)

WW: JJ Reid (caputred it against Nathan Chambers, defended against Syed Tan)

MW: Matthew Dean (defended against DeVries and Petey Mack)

LHW: Marlon John (Captured it against Rubenstein, and defended against LeToussier)

HW: Raul Hughes (Took it from Foster)

Next in line.....

FW: Yagi Jokichi vs Chan Wan Wah

LW: Sean Morrison vs. Fiyero Lermontov

WW: JJ Reid vs. TBA (Either Sithayalan or Humphreys)

MW: Matthew Dean vs. Bambang Sriyanto

LHW: Marlon John vs. Mike Watson

HW: Raul Hughes vs. Gladstone Lopes

I just had one of the worst scenarios happen.

Shogun was champ, and I booked Randy to fight him for the big July 4th show. Then, Randy said that he was retiring. I was like, okay, fine. If he wins, he goes out with tons of glory and the belt, then I have a tourney. If Shogun wins, he becomes more popular.

Day of the weigh ins, Randy misses weight. Then he wins. Now I have a champion who lost his last match. Thankfully, Rampage is his next opponent.

Champions:

BW: Miguel Torres (def Cruz for title)

Next Defense: Kid Yamamoto

FW: Jose Aldo

Next Defense: Chad Mendes

LW: Anthony Pettis

Next defense: George Sotiropoulos

WW: GSP

Next Defense: No idea. Probably a superfight with Anderson Silva if he beats Okami

MW: Anderson Silva

Next Defense: Yushin Okami

LHW: Shogun

Next Defense: Rampage

HW: Cain Velasquez

Next Defense: Nogueira/ Mitrione winner, or Big Country.

I just had one of the worst scenarios happen.

Shogun was champ, and I booked Randy to fight him for the big July 4th show. Then, Randy said that he was retiring. I was like, okay, fine. If he wins, he goes out with tons of glory and the belt, then I have a tourney. If Shogun wins, he becomes more popular.

Day of the weigh ins, Randy misses weight. Then he wins. Now I have a champion who lost his last match. Thankfully, Rampage is his next opponent.

Just had a similar event happen in my GAMMA game.

December 2001, GAMMA 69: Double Impact, named so because two title were set to be defended on the show. (Main Event: Matthew Dean vs. Osmosis Benn - Middleweight Title and Co-Main Event: Jayden Karp vs. Julio Regueiro - Welterweight Title.)

Benn came in overweight, i didn't think it was that big a deal as Benn has been kinda hit and miss though my game anyway, as my luck would have it Benn dominates the fight by basically smothering Dean for 3 rounds to win via UD in a very poor match. Was tempted to fire Benn as this is the second or third fight in a row he has missed weight. Hopfully he makes weight (and gets destroyed) when Dean vs. Benn II rolls around.

Up to 2002 with GAMMA. XCC and WEFF were both about to go under at the same time, so I bought them both out. Absorbed WEFF and added their 2 divisions- major boost to competitive cred there, and added Welterweight thru Heavyweight divisions to XCC so they can be a training ground.

Going to start putting the ladies on shows this year and make 2003 the year of the Featherweight.

My champs:

Lightweight- Phillip Ziskie (via Helio, Manuel Silva, Luke Hilton, Tomohiro Takeuchi, & Atep). No stability here whatsoever, Manuel Silva is the only one to defend it since Sean Morrison's death grip was released. Sukarno is next up, and I'd be surprised if he didn't leave with the belt.

Welterweight- Julio Reguiero (via Carlos Da Guia, Josh Aldarisio, & Ichisake Miyagi). My weakest divison in terms of headliners. Thinking of moving Manuel Silva back up, I'd like to have him or Evan Gardner get a nice long run.

Middleweight- Buddy Garner (via Matthew Dean, Neil Napier, Patrick Thomas, & Buddy Garner). The Lord of Boring Fights rules this land, but he's had a few hotly contested defenses lately with Napier and Nathan Chambers (he and Benn were both moved up a class.) Top prospect Issiah Monroe is up next.

Light Heavyweight- Marlon John (via Toby Sorkin, Junior Patinkin, Osmosis Benn, Marlon John, Junior Patinkin). John is well on his way to being one of the all-time greats, his only loss is to Benn, who I'm going to give the Liddell treatment until I can't help but make a rematch. Sorkin's another major star, those 3 will probably hold this division down for the forseeable future.

Heavyweight- Hassan Fezzik (via Tim Boyer, James Foster, Tony McCall, Jeff Carlton). Carlton just retired, the top contenders are a regen and Rav Kapur, once he gets people to care about his brutal knockouts. Fezzik's still unbeaten.

Top 25 P4P In the World:

1. Hassan Fezzik 33-0

2. Marlon John 21-1

3. Li-Kong Ho 21-0 (SIGMA)

4. Buddy Garner 21-2

5. Julio Regueiro 28-3

6. Harry Milne 44-7 (BCF)

7. Rav Kapur 14-1

8. Tadamasa Yamada 23-2 (ALPHA-1)

9. Nicolai Mickiewicz 23-4 (SIGMA)

10. Murilo Satinho 14-0 (FLB)

11. Curt Kitson 16-0 (ALPHA-1)