What's Going on in YOUR Game?

please what db are you using. thanks

I just had one of the worst scenarios happen.

Shogun was champ, and I booked Randy to fight him for the big July 4th show. Then, Randy said that he was retiring. I was like, okay, fine. If he wins, he goes out with tons of glory and the belt, then I have a tourney. If Shogun wins, he becomes more popular.

Day of the weigh ins, Randy misses weight. Then he wins. Now I have a champion who lost his last match. Thankfully, Rampage is his next opponent.

Champions:

BW: Miguel Torres (def Cruz for title)

Next Defense: Kid Yamamoto

FW: Jose Aldo

Next Defense: Chad Mendes

LW: Anthony Pettis

Next defense: George Sotiropoulos

WW: GSP

Next Defense: No idea. Probably a superfight with Anderson Silva if he beats Okami

MW: Anderson Silva

Next Defense: Yushin Okami

LHW: Shogun

Next Defense: Rampage

HW: Cain Velasquez

Next Defense: Nogueira/ Mitrione winner, or Big Country.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The year is 2003. 5 years, 58 events, and 289 matches. I took American Fighting Federation (AFF) from Low Level Regional to High Level Regional in 5 years. Here are my champions...

AFF Lightweight - Masahiro Maeno

AFF Welterweight - Jackson Mollusck

AFF Middleweight - Alex Cole (x3)

AFF Light Heavyweight - Toby Dingleberry (x3)

AFF Heavyweight - Wilson Franklyn (x2)

Here are the End of the Year Awards for 2001 and 2002 regarding my company and fighters at the time.

End of the Year Awards

2001 Show of the Year - AFF 42: Monsters of the Ring II

2001 Main Event of the Year - Masahiro Maeno vs. Ralph Concannon

2002 Fighter of the Year - Markus Waller

2002 Main Event of the Year - Felix Mattherson Jr. vs. Diego Arteta

I was very honored to have a Fighter of the Year, however it didn't take long before he wanted more money, and I had to let him go. It was a real shame too, I had plans for him. In 2002, I managed to get back my 1998 Rookie of the Year, Damien Jones, which was great. The guy always put on great matches and had great matches with Norman Pike. I still have Norman Pike, so I decided Jones Vs. Pike 3, 1 & 2 had won Main Event of the Year, and one of them got Fight of the Year. The match rating? Decent. Pike won again and Jones sadly went onto losing his next 2 fights. Sadly, I had to let him go.

I decided to go and look back at my first ever event, AFF 1: Franklyn vs. McPhee, which saw Franklyn become the first Champion and the first Heavyweight champion in AFF. I decided to see who from that show is still with AFF. Here is what the card looked like...

http://i52.tinypic.com/34g0nes.jpg

Out of the 4 matches only Wilson Franklyn, Floyd Haywood, and Kade Devine are still in the promotion. Now for a "Where Are They Now?" kind of segment.

Russell McPhee - I gave this guy a break in hopes that he would become something. I even dropped him for HW to LHW, he went 0-5 in my promotion. His only recorded win was against a local fighter. He retired at the age of 37. His overall record was 17-11. I don't know how he won 17 fights.

Zane Wybock - If he looks familiar, he was the first ever man to hold a Fantastic fight in AFF. That would go onto be one of his only wins in AFF. After that all of his matches were losses and under the Average rating. He was 2-3 before I let him go. GAMMA signed him and he lost both of his matches there. Now he is unemployed and his current record is 7-6.

Keith Plaice - Keith was a somewhat decent fighter, until the end of his run in the promotion in which his matches were poor...and he lost them. He is another one that is unemployed, he was 2-4 in my promotion. His overall record is 16-8.

Nigel Malley - This man...oh this man. 0-4 in my promotion. His last fight was in my promotion before he retired and he lost to Ethan Sutton. He retired at the age of 40. Not much to say about him, his matches were decent. His overall record was 19-18.

Brody Howles - Howles wasn't as bad as the rest. He stayed with me the longest, longest being 2003. His record in my promotion was 4-7. Even though he lost, his matches were always good. He only had one poor match. This guy I liked, it is a shame to see him go, but I hope the best for him. His overall record is 5-7.

Always sad to see someone go...except for Russell McPhee. Since I don't really have any outstanding fighters at the moment. I'll leave you with the Pound 4 Pound in my promotion...

http://i54.tinypic.com/2r4kgme.jpg

I like that idea, I'll list the rewards of the year I've won.

1998 End of Year Awards

Promotion Of The Year

Show Of The Year: DESTINY 5

1999 End of Year Awards

Show Of The Year: DESTINY 16

Fighter Of The Year: Li-Kong Ho

Fight Of The Year: Seth O'Breen def. Truck Gleeson

Knock Out Of The Year: Shuler Eigenburg KO'd Alavaro Negredo via Punch

Submission Of The Year: Li-Kong Ho def. Tomohiro Takeuchi via Rear Naked Choke

Here are some screenshots, DESTINY 5 AND 16, that won show of the year, and then one for my companies Pound-4-Pound fighters.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7884/destiny5.jpg

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8991/destiny16.jpg

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6906/p4pa.jpg

I've decided that in 2002 or 2003, I am going to absorb KDM FC, I've made them have the same weight divisions as me. Featherweight - Heavyweight, removed their Women's division. Once I've absorbed them, I am going to combine all my titles, and rename them Undisputed titles, or maybe just keep all the belts, and have them both be defended every time, I predict all the champions in my company to retain , lol.

Though, if Li-Kong Ho is still going strong in the 2-3 years until my planned merger, it'll be fitting for him to be the one to compete in the last KDM FC Featherweight title match, merging my DESTINY title with the KDM FC title.

Philip Ziskie decided it would be a good idea to take a 9 month, 3 week break to visit friends and family, just what I needed when I was attempting to build him back up after his debut loss against Li-Kong Ho for the title, he just picked up a victory over Masahiro Maeno. :-\

2001 is upon us, thus another GAMMA title update.

Lightweight: Brandon Sugar. With one title defense in 2000 against Luke Hilton, Sugar remains the top dog within the lightweight ranks. However, Phillip Ziskie, Sean Morrison, Lukas Melberg and Jake Keane are all eyeing a dance with the champ.

Welterweight: Manuel Silva. Just a day before 2000 ended, Silva squared off with two-time welterweight champ, Nathan Chambers. The ending was insane. Chambers was in Silva's guard, when Silva applied a triangle, it looked like it was all over. However, Chambers lifted Silva clean above his head and powerbombed him! But when he slammed him, it only sunk the choke in deeper forcing him to tap out!

Middleweight: Matthew Dean. After submitting Ashley Ballard, Dean retained the belt. Neil Napier is next in line for a shot at the belt in early '01.

Light Heavyweight: Marlon John. In a stacked division, Marlon John sits atop the rest (for now, at least.) Back in March, the man with two first names TKO'd Rubenstein. Asanovic, Benn, and the surging Toby Sorkin all hope to have a chance to deflate the champs reign in 2001.

Heavyweight: Kanezane Fujii. After James Foster left the Heavyweight scene in shambles in late 1999 when he chose to leave out of no where, the title was up for grab. Fujii earned the belt after he TKO'd Cabal back in July. Despite the loss, Cabal still remains a serious threat for the belt, along with Gladstone Lopes who has rebounded since his lost to Foster. Oh, I also signed some Fezzik guy? I don't know, he may get a chance at the belt sometime down the road...

Just finished 2000. I am just starting 2001 now, and I got quite a few end of the year awards for my company yet again.

2000 End Of Year Awards

Fighter Of The Year: William Harrison

Fight Of The Year: Xie Ming vs Delroy Rhodes

Knock Out Of The Year: Raul Hughes vs Christopher Sharp

Submission Of The Year: Neil Napier vs Stuart Strange

I will list my current champions heading into 2001.

DESTINY Heavyweight: Hassan Fezzik (30-0) def. Raul Highes for the title, no defences as of yet.

World ranking is currently #1 Heavyweight, #1 Pound For Pound

DESTINY Light Heavyweight: William Harrison (11-0) def. Jericho Stewart for the title, has successfully defended against - Hyun-Shik Lim, Jericho Stewart and Jerry Bogdonovich.

World ranking is currently #3 Light Heavyweight, #8 Pound For Pound

DESTINY Middleweight: Tora Mizwar (25-6) def. Neil Napier for the title, no defences as of yet.

World ranking is currently #1 Middlweight, #6 Pound For Pound

DESTINY Welterweight: Julio Regueiro (26-0) def. Alan Kendall for the title, has defended successfully against - Naoch Van Der Capellen, Manuel Silva, Chew Chua.

World ranking is currently #1 Welterweight, #2 Pound For Pound

DESTINY Lightweight: Sean Morrison (29-4) def. Jake Keane for the title, no defences as of yet.

World ranking is currently #2 Lightweight, #9 Pound For Pound

DESTINY Featherweight: Li-Kong Ho (26-0) def. Lamont Banner for the title, has defended successfully against - Yoshiro Makamori, Tomohiro Takeuchi, Philip Ziskie, Shuler Eigenburg, Lars Bohlin.

World ranking is currently #1 Featherweight, #4 Pound For Pound

----------------------------

Here are the World P4P Rankings, fighters I have employed are bolded, just so you can see how badly I am dominating. :)

1. Hassan Fezzik

2. Julio Regueiro

3. Tadamasa Yamada

4. Li-Kong Ho

5. Luis Basora

6. Tora Mizwar

7. Affonso Villar

8. William Harrison

9. Sean Morrison

10. Matthew Dean

11. Easton Frye

12. Norberto

13. Philip Ziskie

14. Syed Tan

15. Oleg Dorosklov

16. Daniil Skala

17. Manoel Cabral

18. Ichisake Miyagi

19. Matthew Michael Kirby

20. Joshua Hope

21. Nathan Chambera

22. Motoki Hojo

23. Christopher Sharp

24. James Foster

25. Jin Katou

----------------------------

I just reached high enough popularity to re-sign Sukarno, who has been unemployed since December 1998. I also have signed Tadamasa Yamada who had been unemployed since March 2000. They of course will be challenging Morrison and Harrison respectively.

Hmmm, or I could have Sukarno drop down to Featherweight, and face Li-Kong Ho, both are 26-0 for their records currently, and in the time being unemployed, Sukarno has dropped from #1 Lightweight, to #21.

What would you rather watch? Sukarno vs Li-Kong Ho, or Sukarno vs Sean Morrison?

Matthew Michael Kirby died in my game. He was like 5-2 or 5-3. I wasn't trying to build him up as a star, just giving him fights I could find... I was shocked when he died. Sucks, That you have him ranked in your game.. Now I see what could have been.

I have shortlisted him and the others I dont have on my roster as of yet. I WILL HAVE ALL THE POUND FOR POUND FIGHTERS!

Just for laughs, here is Matthew Michael Kirby's fight record.

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9569/mmko.jpg

Hmm, looking at his stats, he'd fit in nicely matched with some of my Light Heavyweights such as Jericho Stewart, Murray O'Hare and Jerry Bogdonovich, just to have an awesome striking fight, most likely ending with a (T)KO.

Just signed Matthew Michael Kirby. Looking at his achievements, he's won KO Of The Night 5 times, and Fight Of The Night once, let's see if fighting for me can cause him to drop from the top of his rankings, all the way off the rankings completely, and suffer a massive losing streak before going back to BCF, like Carter Potter did.

Who should his first opponent be? Jerry Bogdonovich, Jericho Stewart or Murray O'Hare? Or should I throw him to the wolves and have him face the winner of Harrison vs Yamada for the title?

Is it wrong of me to get a sick pleasure from ruining good fighter's records before cutting them?

Entering 2002, the title scene looks like this:

Lightweight: Jake Keane (def. Brandon Sugar at GAMMA 45: John vs. Sorkin)

-Sugar had two successful title defense prior to facing the debut Keane. It was a dull battle, with few high lights, but in the end the former BCF LW champ walked away with the belt.

Next in line: Lukas Melberg

Welterweight: Carlos da Guia (def. Manuel Silva at GAMMA 42: Silva vs. da Guia)

-After chambers lost his belt to Silva, the two former FLB'ers were destined to meet. Early in the 3rd round, Silva delivered a lazy jab, setting da Guia up to deliver a HUGE head kick, knocking Silva out cold.

Next in line: Vikram Sithalayan

Middleweight: Neil Napier (def. Matthew Dean at GAMMA 40: Dean vs. Napier)

-Dean's reign over the weight class came to an end when he met Neil Napier. The fight was pretty even, some may say Dean won, but the judges didn't see it that way. It's very likely a re-match is around the corner.

Next in line: Matthew Dean or Stuart Strange

Light Heavyweight: Toby Sorkin (def. Marlon John at GAMMA 45: John vs. Sorkin)

-What a crazy division. So many good fighters, but only one belt. Marlon John embarrased so many fighters in this division, and Sorkin faught for his title shot. The two met up, and John had the clear advantage when he got lazy and Sorkin slapped on a guillotine for the win.

Next in line: Zvonimir Asanovic

Heavyweight: Hassan Fezzik (def. Kanezane Fujii at GAMMA 43: Fujii vs. Fezzik)

-He handed the HW prodigy, Fujii, his first loss. He's 2-0 in GAMMA, but Fezzik isn't getting a warm welcome from the fans, with his last two fights being ranked as Awful and Very Poor. While he has won, it isn't in dominating fashion that we all came to expect.

Next in line: Raul Huges

Just done a year and 2 months. 21 Events completed using GAMMA

Lightweight: Beau Gorshin. Sean morrison defended it once, dominating Brandon Sugar, only to drop it on New Years eve to Sukarno. Gorshin was actually next in line but i skipped him. With Sukarno's contract running out Gorshin stepped up to the plate and snatched it off him, propelling himself to the number 1 lightweight in the world position.

Next up: Most likely Brandon Sugar. Hes currently 4-0

Welterweight: Rufus Steven. Currently in a state of disarray with 3 contenders rated higher than the champ. Nathan Chambers took it off Regueiro in 5 rounds of utter domination. He then defended it twice (Josh Aldarisio, Jim Carpenter) with neither challenger getting out of the first tound. I literally thought i was throwing Stephens to wolves (he was 1-1 and had ruined a potential challenger in a fight that 'won' worst fight of the year). Not only did he win, but he dominated Chambers right off the bat.

Next up: Darin Blood. Currently on a 3 fight win streak.

Middleweight: Neil Napier. Matthew Dean comfortably defended the title against Dexter Darling and he looked set to keep it for a while. Unfortunately, no one told that to Neil Napier. Dominated him and subbed him in the 5th round. The talented Ashley Ballard was up next and lost in the first round.

Next up: Joaquim Fontes. He's on a 4 fight win streak, though only one has been in GAMMA. Also Stuart Strange (3-0) and Sutton Ripley (3-0) are in the picture.

Light Heavyweight: Marlon John. Utterly dominating everyone in his path. Took out John Rivero and Linfield Ballard to get a title shot. Ran through Spencer Rubenstein in one round and needed only a round to defend the belt against Mike Watson (handing him his first L in the process).

Next up: Carlos dos Santos. Took out Ryo Sakamoto in a Title Challenger Eliminator. After that, the winner between Spencer Rubenstein and the undefeated William Harrison, gets a shot.

Heavyweight: James Foster. With 3 title defences under his name, hes the definition of Dominant. Took out Tim Boyer (1st round sub) and Raul Hughes (3rd round TKO) easily. Had a big New Years eventMain event was meant to be Foster vs Peltonen but it didn't work out so with about a month i was left with no credible main event contenders so i chucked Chuck (lol) Doooley in cos of his name value. Boy, did he almost deliver. Dominating the Champion with Takedowns, stuffing his at will. Unfortunately, fatigue set in and in a wild exchange in the 5th round, he got KTFO.

Next up: Mason Archer. Took out Peltonen for the shot at the Champ. Would have been Fatuma Roy (Left after contract negotiations broke down and was ranked 5th HW in the world; came back after some months in limbo), unfortunately in his comeback fight he got dominated by Tim Boyer (1-4, lol).

GAMMA, 2003:

Lightweight: Sean Morrison (def. Jake Keane at GAMMA 51: Keane vs. Morrison)

-The Man With No Nick Name regained his belt that he lost way back in 1998 to Brandon Sugar. After beating Branco, the LW division hit a log jam so all Morrison could do was wait. Showing he didn't have ring rust, when Sean got his shot at the title, he took it via TKO.

Next in line: Fiyero Lermontov. It was supposed to be Melberg, but we couldn't pass up this signing. So it was only right we give the former Russian soldier a fight with Melberg at GAMMA 52, and walked away with a shot at the belt.

Darkhorse: Bud Brockett. After an up-and-down start (win-loss-win-loss-win-loss), the now-28 year old is on a 3 fight win streak with victories over Moss Gilbert (armbar), #25 Tarcisio Dantas (TKO), and #16 Beau Gorshin (UD.)

Welterweight: Carlos da Guia (def. Vikram Sithalayan at Carnage: da Guia vs. Sithalayan)

-With only one title defense (which the fans got for free on live TV,) da Guia had a strong showing by beating Vikram in the 2nd round due to strikes. Considered one of the best P4P fighters in the world, it'll be interesting to see how long da Guia can hold the belt.

Next in line: Julio Reguerio. After losing his belt back in '98, Spanish Silk has done a good job of getting some big wins. With a title shot seemingly approaching in the near future, it'll be interesting if the former champ can get the gold again.

Darkhorse: Evan Gardner, Gideon Navarro, Valdo Calamari, Gus Fitzpatrick, Malloy Mahoney. I fully expect these five guys to have break through years in 2003/2004 and bring in the new wave of WW fighters. The oldest of the group is Gus (26 years old) with the rest being 25 years old, and just 3 combined losses of the group, the sky is the limit for this group.

Middleweight: Isaiah Monroe (def. Neil Napier at GAMMA 50: Napier vs. Monroe)

-27 years old and boasting a 9-0 professional record, 'Thump' Monroe is feeling good. With all the tools to be a futre-legend, Monroe has finished all his GAMMA fights by TKO, with only one fight seeing the 3rd round (his TKO victory over Patrick Thomas in 2001.) To say the future is bright for Thump would be a major understatement.

Next in line: Stuart Strange. Patiently waiting in the wings, it looks like Strange will get his crack at the champ. Going into the fight everyone will be waiting to see if Strange can somehow take Monroe down, and if he can't, can he stop Thump from ending the fight early on?

Darkhorse: Buddy Gardner. After being out-of-the-scene for a while, Gardner bounced back big in 2002 after submitting Ashley Ballard and putting Dexter Darling to sleep via guillotine.

Light Heavyweight: Zvonimir Asonivic (def. Toby Sorkin at GAMMA 48: Sorkin vs. Asonivic)

-Another hectic year for the LHW division. After Toby Sorkin rose to fame and pulled the upset over Marlon John, he went on to defend his belt against Zvonimir. After a 3rd round TKO, Asonivic took the belt, crowning another new king of the LHW.

Next in line: Affonso Villar. With John, Sorkin, Benn and Herringbone all looking to get back into the picture, Villar will have to prove his worth. After beating Pedro Sousa, Villar looks to be in good shape to take on Asonivic sometime in early 2003.

Darkhorse: Too many to pick. With additions of some prime prospects, topped with the fact some of the former contenders hitting a slump, the field could really bust open in 2003. For all I know, William Harrison (1-3 in his last four fights) could return to glory, or even Spencer Rubenstein could regain the belt. It's a crazy weight class.

Heavyweight: Hassan Fezzik (def. Terron Cabal at GAMMA 52: Fezzik vs. Cabal)

-No surprise really. Hassan had two title defense in 2002 (vs. Raul Hughes and Terron Cabal.) The one glaring factor in both of those fights? Neither of his opponents had a ground game, giving him the clear advantage. He had a statement win by beating 'The Baddest Man in MMA', Terron Cabal in just 2:08 via armbar.

Next in line: Kanezane Fujii. With true top contenders few-and-far-between, it looks like the former champ may get a rematch soon. Being the only person to truely give Fezzik problems thus far in his GAMMA career, Fujii is a true threat to the big-bad Fezzik.

Darkhorse: Gladstone Lopes. If he can get his act together and out together a few good wins, he could easily get a title shot. I'm playing around with the idea of moving Lawrence Herringbone up to the HW division and see how he does.

Just signed Matthew Michael Kirby. Looking at his achievements, he's won KO Of The Night 5 times, and Fight Of The Night once, let's see if fighting for me can cause him to drop from the top of his rankings, all the way off the rankings completely, and suffer a massive losing streak before going back to BCF, like Carter Potter did.

Who should his first opponent be? Jerry Bogdonovich, Jericho Stewart or Murray O'Hare? Or should I throw him to the wolves and have him face the winner of Harrison vs Yamada for the title?

Is it wrong of me to get a sick pleasure from ruining good fighter's records before cutting them?

Not at all. In my ALPHA-1 game I love signing top American prospects that GAMMA is trying to sign, getting them on a big losing streak and then releasing them. There are few things more satisfying than derailing the careers of promising, young foreign fighters. :cool:

Just finished my 4th year as GAMMA.

FW Champ: Lamont Banner --> Undefeated, 10-0... defeated Pander, Bohlin, Takeuchi (x2) and Machado.

LW Champ: Luis Basora ---> Won in against Sukarno.

Ww Champ: Manual Silva ---> Won in against Sithalayan after Sithalayan defended it 3 times.

MW Champ: Rob Baines, Matthew Dean defended it 7 times until he ended up losing to Baines. Baines is set to defend against Buddy Garner.

LHW Champ: Tadamasa Yamada ---> Won against Alfonso Villar, and recently defended against Taneyev.

HW Champ: Elzo Alves Moura --> Guy cant seem to lose. Is 19-0 and recently defeated Hassan Fezzik for the title. Moura is now #1P4P and #1 Heavyweight

Just running a Light Heavyweight Grand Prix, and one of my fighters overdid it on the weight-cutting. Naozane Yamiguchi weighed-in at 202 instead of 205, but had a real weight of 206. I've never seen a fighter's official weight come in at less than the limit before.

Completed my second year of GAMMA. Got 2 tv shows running – GAMMA Challenge (For up and comers and foreign imports) and GAMMA Light (For the lighter weights as I absorbed KDM FC’s Featherweight and Lightweight divs). There has been a lot of turmoil in all divisions due to aggressive poaching of talent. Lots of low name talent beating top contenders so there was a shortage of title fights this year.

Featherweight: Masahiro Maeno. Defended it four times under the KDM FC banner. Also won fighter of the year. Hasn’t fought yet in GAMMA due to a low name value.

Next up: Most likely Philip Ziskie. Would be fought on the undercard.

One to watch: Lamont Banner. He’d been fighting for GAMMA before KDM FC got absolved. Now hes dropped down to his natural weight for a run at the title.

Lightweight: Brandon Sugar. Took the title off Beau Gorshin and is yet to defend it. Has notched up 5 straight wins in GAMMA.

Next up: Sean Morrisson. A comeback year for him has seen him storm to the top of the LW rankings. With Helio and Fiero Lermontov lacking drawing power at the moment, it seems like ‘The man with no nickname’ is set to try and win his belt back.

One to watch: Jefferson Mndawe. Has no ground game but with head kicks like that he always has a chance. Currently 6-1 (was 1-0 at the start) with 5 straight wins. With the right match ups, could get a title shot.

Welterweight: Rufus Stevens. Defended it once against Darin Blood.

Next up: Vikram Sithalayan . Not the biggest name (Low Lev Nat) but hes racked up 3 wins in GAMMA even beating the former champ Regueiro. Nathan Chambers is waiting in the wings. So is the young Englishman Ian Fussell who sports an unbeaten 10-0 record, with 7 of those wins coming in GAMMA.

One to watch: Ian Fussell.

Middleweight: Neil Napier. Had 2 fights but only defended once as Osmosis Benn missed weight. Also took out Ashley Ballard fairly easily. My only division where the Champion is ranked highest.

Next up: Stuart Strange. I wanted to pass him over for Braulio Moura but Moura’s lack of drawing power has put paid to that. Buddy Garner is storming up the list along with Fjodor Kanchelsis.

One to watch: Danny Akabaro. Insane KO power in has hands. Currently 6-1 (3-1 in GAMMA). Dwayne Alleyne. Strong Greco-Roman grappler currently 8-0 (3-0 in GAMMA). Looks more impressive each time he fights.

Light-Heavyweight: William Harrison. What a year for him, culminating in him snatching the belt from Asanovic with 5 seconds to go. Still Undefeated and seems to get better with each fight. Asanovic beat Marlon John with a vicious right hook that led to a first round KO.

Next up: Possibly Nilton Fantoni, The winner between Spencer Rubenstein (Beat Affonso Villar) and Jerry ‘seriously? a KO with only 1 punch landed all match?? seriously’ Bogdonovich (beat almost all my contenders). Curt kitson is also in the mix.

One to Watch: Allen LeFleur. ‘The Chunky Monkey’ keeps racking up the wins with his superb wrestling ability. 7-! (6-1 in GAMMA), he’s gone from fodder to prospect in a year.

Heavyweight: Rav Kapur. Egg on my face. Thought I was sending him to his doom against James Foster. One head kick later and the face of my company and biggest star is nowhere to be seen. (Coming after he signed a mega money, 6-fight contract. The Bastard).

Next up: Murilo Satinho, and Lefter Oktay are both bad draws with Kapur. The next best thing is Chuck Dooley who is #4 in my ranings and #7 in the world. He’s had a good year despite losing to Foster early on.

One to watch: Alexander Ivanov (10-0). Fedor-esque in his skills and ability. Slowly climbing up the rankings. Ozzy Bintley (8-0). Ferocious power in the English mans fists. With 5 straight wins in GAMMA, he would definitely be getting a push this year.

Just hit Low Level National with FLB, in August 2001. Number 3 in the world. Signed some really fantastic talent. Just had FLB 50: Half Century with two title fights taking place.

Titles are as follows.

LW: Helio. This is his second run with the title. He's currently 23 - 3, #12 P4P and #3 Lightweight. When he won the title the first time he was dominated in a way I've never seen before by Manoel Cabral, who would then go on to leave my company and sign with Alpha, where he is still undefeated and fighting for the title in the next PPV.

Helio is preparing to defend his title against Branco, the third time these two have met (the score is currently 1-1). Branco has finished all his three title defences in a combined time of 6 minutes. He's doing well.

WW: Gabriel Gallego. Yet to defend. By far my deepest division, the FLB Welterweight division holds David Webb (#2 WW), Noach Van Der Cappellen (#4), Dominykas Jankovic (#13), Vikram Sithalayan (#14), Gabriel Gallego (#20) and Claudio Palacios (#21), to list only the ranked fighters. Gallego won the title from 2-time champ Charles Stiles in what could easily be considered an upset. He's defending against Noach Van Der Cappellen, who is 6-1 in his last 7 fights and has been finishing everyone.

MW: Joaquim Fontes (#11 P4P, #2 MW). Defended the title 3 times. Has destroyed everyone in his last 6 fights, including Jerezo, Mario de Souza, Edgar Van Den Hoogenband, Tetsuji Myojin and Dwayne Alleyne. He faces some stiff competition in his next fight against Braulio Moura (24-4-1), who is returning to FLB after a trip to TOP, as well as Isaiah Monroe (9-0), Rhys Buck (11-0) and Esteban Vega (11-2).

LHW: Nilton Fantoni (#3 P4P, #1 LHW). 13-0. Unbeatable by any LHW. Destroyed Gustavo Spagnol to take the title, and has since defended it five times. Fought William Harrison for the second time recently, the only guy to have ever taken Fantoni to a decision. Fantoni got caught, went down and locked on a submission in seconds, winning in the first round. 26 years old, not even at his peak.

HW: Murilo Satinho. (#13 P4P, #3 HW). 17-1. Second time as champ. Lost to Renato via amazingly surprising first round TKO. The next time we saw him, he destroyed three opponents in one night to gain number one contenders status and TKO Renato in the first round to regain his title. Has been to decision once in all the simmed fights, with the majority of his finishes coming from GNP in the first round.

Lots of new MW, LHW and HW fighters coming in to try and wrest the title from the dominating champions.

<p>Love how things change just enough game to game. Each game feels unique. After going two years with GAMMA on a previous game, I've just over a year into another one (not the diary game). A lot of the same talent, yet not the same results.</p><p> </p><p>

In that game, Matthew Dean was pretty near unbeatable. I think he defended the MW title 5 times, plus won the 1998 Fighter of the Year. While Spencer Rubenstein defended the LHW title once, then lost to Watson (who proved to be a monster) and lost again afterward (can't recall to who). Its switched up this game. Dean lost in his second defense, to Buddy Garner. Rubenstein has been better, and is heading toward a big defense against Marlon John, which The Reaper actually requested. The great part is that I have the top 4 light heavyweights, and those are the #3 and #4. Between building a few guys up and signing some, the division has gotten deep for me.</p>

Well I finally held my best event with my created company which pushed me over the hump to Mid Level Regional.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p65/VBigB/BestEvent.jpg

>It's time for the main event of the evening! 'The Wicked Bitch Of The West' Honey Due goes up against 'Stunning' Steph Smith in the TK MMA Women's Lightweight division.

>This is a TK MMA Lightweight title fight.

>Kudos to the TK MMA marketing team, they have been busy building this as a potential classic and it seems to have worked - the crowd are buzzing.

>Round one begins!

>A feint sets Due up for an inside leg kick, but Smith evades it.

>Smith bobs and weaves, trying to get Due to commit.

>Smith slips out of the way of a combination of short sharp punches.

>A straight left fails to land and Due is able to fire back with a leg kick.

>An errant jab sets Due up to counter-strike with a barrage of big punches on Smith!

>Slipping past a one-two combination, Smith counters with a crisp left jab.

>There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes but neither hits.

>Smith slips past a tidy combination and hits a left jab to the cheek.

>Smith lets a jab sail wide and counter-strikes with a straight left.

>Slipping past a right jab, Smith hits a solid left jab.

>Using head movement to slip past a left jab, Due hits a left hook to the body.

>Smith checks a low kick.

>Due circles away, creating some distance between them.

>Smith gets suckered in by a feint, and is lucky to avoid the combination that follows.

>Due keeps out of range, assessing the situation.

>Smith steps in to put some pressure on.

>We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.

>Smith comes in with a couple of jabs, using them as cover so that she can shoot in.

>Smith is stopped by a good sprawl, and is pulled down to the ground in a loose front facelock until she is on her knees.

>Due hits a big kick to the body of the turtled Smith!

>Smith scrambles back to her feet, clearly stung by that kick.

>Both fighters go to exchange blows, but neither hits a telling strike.

>A left jab misses, Due counters with a kick to the inside of the left thigh.

>Strikes to the leg like that will take their toll.

>A leg kick gets checked by Smith.

>Slipping past a one-two combination, Smith counters with a crisp left.

>Using head movement to slip past a right jab, Smith hits a crisp left jab.

>Smith tries for a right jab but Due uses head movement to avoid it.

>Smith dodges a kick to the body and fires back with a solid punch.

>A right jab misses the mark and allows Smith to counter with a crisp left jab.

>Due shows good head movement to avoid getting caught with a jab.

>Smith sees an inside leg kick coming and hits first with a straight left.

>We're into the final minute of the round.

>A left jab misses, giving Due the chance to hit back with a flurry of quick punches.

>Slipping past a left jab, Due hits a sharp kick just above the hip.

>Smith sees a kick being set up and uses that opportunity to step forward and hit a clean punch.

>The time runs out on round one.

>That was an exciting round, hopefully the fighters will continue with that pace in the next.

>I think Due took that round, 10-9 on my score card.

>And here we go, round two!

>Smith steps in, feints a kick, then darts back out.

>Due slips past a left jab and fires back with a lightning fast couple of jabs and a left cross.

>Smith avoids a tight combination.

>Smith steps back to avoid a leg kick.

>Due is looking to get in close and strike from the pocket.

>Smith tries to single leg Due as she steps in, but she is too quick to step away.

>Smith chooses to shoot in on Due.

>Due sprawls well, and Smith is forced down to her knees, almost turtled up.

>We pass the halfway mark of this round.

>Due looks to unload with some big left hands, but Smith gets back to her feet before too many land.

>Due feints going high but then throws a leg kick, Smith just avoids it.

>A left kick to the legs misses and Smith fires back with a crisp left hand punch.

>Smith avoids a low kick.

>We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.

>Due looks like she wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Smith.

>Due is in the pocket, ready to attack Smith.

>From the pocket, Smith sees a body kick coming and hits a crisp left.

>Using good head movement, Smith slips past a tight combination and hits a crisp left jab.

>The time is up, and that's the end of round two.

>That was a very close round, but I think Smith just about edged it.

>Round three begins!

>A tight combination narrowly misses Smith and allow her to counter-strike with a left jab to the cheek.

>A left cross lands, Smith goes down!

>Due moves in fast, looking to lock the stunned Smith in an armbar.

>Smith does excellently, defending the armbar and using it to get on top in side control.

>Smith tries to ensnare Due in an arm triangle.

>Smith gets the arm triangle, sinks it in deeply, and Due has to tap!

>By submission, the winner is Steph Smith!

>Official Result: 'Stunning' Steph Smith defeats 'The Wicked Bitch Of The West' Honey Due (Submission (Arm Triangle) in 1:32 of round 3). The match was rated as being Fantastic.

I restarted my game after playing two years with a new promotion in Australia only to discover its basically impossible to build stars there as there are no fighters who can be built up via regional shows. So I restarted with my promotion in California starting with two womens divisions plus featherweight and lightweight. I use the WVTC promotion but just alter their location and make a few adjustments to rules and divisions (I use 1 30 min round for non title fights and 1 60 min round for title fights with stomps, soccer kicks, knees to a downed opponent etc all legal). I've expanded to having all six weight divisions with two womens divisions also.

I bought out KDMFC in July 1998 after Sukarno bankrupted them getting himself KO'd by Atep of Indonesia in 2 minutes. I stole a few big names from this promotion (mainly the featherweight stars, Mizuki Watanabe and Atep) sacked Sukarno so I wouldn't start losing money rapidly and kept the division open, dropping the asian fighters back to this division when they started on a losing streak.

Womens Lightweight (135lbs)

Honey Due emerged as my standout of the first tier fighters I bought. She fought Karen Curtis (who I signed from WEFF after she won their title from Michelle Adams) with Curtis winning a mammoth 38 minute battle via ground and pound in a free flowing fight. Curtis defended the belt twice against Vicku Summers (TKO 5 mins) and Leona Deschanel (TKO 10 mins) before "unifying" her belt with recently signed XCC champion Hester Maclean via unanimous decision over 60 mins. In the fight Curtis sustained an elbow injury which sidelined her for 6 months. Enter Layla Holmes.

Layla Holmes ended her previous contract having not been given a fight for all of 1998. After winning her debut in 20 mins via RN choke, she went on a run choking out Lisa Labone in 2 mins, knocking out Hester Maclean in 5 mins, and submitting Nina Belle in 3 mins setting up the mega fight with the returning Karen Curtis in August 1998 which was my first fight on PPV. Holmes outboxed Curtis, dropping her twice before Curtis scored a takedown only to have Holmes scramble, take her back and secure the fight ending rear naked choke 12 minutes in. She's since defended against Shannon Palmer with the Curtis rematch set up for early 2000.

Womens Heavyweight

Piper Evergood was the breakout star, winning her first three fights via knockout in under five minutes before I bought out KDMFC and took over their champion Mizuki Watanabes contract. Evergood also made quick work of Waanabe (who was a major flop, losing her first 3 fights before I sent her back to KDMFC where shes slowly rebuilding) winning the vacant title. Gianna Russo was also doing well, winning all her fights which set up a November battle between undefeated fighters for the belt. Russo survived an early knockdown and took a massive beating before wearing Evergood down and getting her to the mat and winning via armbar 20 mins in.

Russo has made five defences of the belt, submitting Trish Biel (kneebar), Emma Birch (arm triangle), Thea Higgins (Americana), WEFF Heavyweight champ Suzanne Elder (toe hold) and Reyanna Reyes (Rear Naked Choke). Basically Russo's fights go the same way, she takes a beating and then wins by submission. Her next test will likely be Hope Lehane who I signed from WEFF after she cleared out their Heavyweight division. Lehane's debut for the company she choked out former champ Evergood who was on a winning streak. Also in there after Evergood lost her title, she fought up and coming Reyanna Reyes (who had only previously lost to Russo in their debut fights for the promotion which was a typical Russo fight). These two had my companys best ever fight with Evergood eventually winning via strikes 15 mins in.

Posted this in my thread in the mods forums, but it works here too. :)

Playing with GAMMA starting 1993 and following the UFC calendar:

At GAMMA 1: The Beginning, I'd pretty much set it up for Mantas Andreyev to be my Royce Gracie, but he was stunned by Rob Baines who subbed him out via guillotine and went on to beat Frank Analysis in the final by kneebar to become my first real star.

GAMMA 2: Final 16 and GAMMA 3: Melting Point were a two-night tournament as the first round took place in March and the second round in September. In the one-night eight-man tournament, little Italian Francesco Marazzina backed up his upset of Frank Analysis in March to submit Bill Cumming, Solomon Austin and then Mantas Andreyev in the final in the ultimate David vs. Goliath set of performances. I really like how in this game size isn't everything when someone has a heap more talent. Marazzina is a natural featherweight!

1994 finished with GAMMA 4: Revenge as Francesco Marazzina won his second GAMMA tournament by submitting Don Norman, Duey Roth and then GAMMA 1 tournament champion Rob Baines after 49 minutes.

We began 1995 in April at GAMMA 5: The Rapture is Coming! as Duey Roth returned to action to claim the eight-man tournament in impressive style. After choking out Edward Zahn and Sherman Shields, he took three minutes to dismantle Mark Cohen by technical knockout to become the newest GAMMA star.

That earned him a shot at the GAMMA Megafight Title at GAMMA 6: The Megafight where he spent 13 minutes trying to choke out Francesco Marazzina before finally doing it in an ugly, ugly fight. That handed the Italian his first MMA defeat and levelled Roth vs. Marazzina at 1-1 after Marazzina beat him at GAMMA 4 by RNC himself. In the tournament, former Pancrase fighter Rick Stanley beat lightweight Edson Edmilson in the final by TKO.

Duey Roth was meant to put the title on the line at GAMMA 7: The Sandman Rises, but wouldn't accept a fight in time so Rob Baines made his long-awaited return to the Cage to face Rick Stanley in a Megafight. He took eight minutes before submitting the GAMMA 6 champion by triangle choke to earn the next shot at "The Rapture" Duey Roth. In the tournament, Leon Banks was on fire as he KOed Jean-Marc Pouliot and Matthieu Lanteigne but was stunned inside four minutes by Vincent Chaplin who has already fought for nearly half an hour that night. Chaplin took the dangerous striker down easily before TKOing him at 3:58.

Everything came to a head at GAMMA Gladiator 1995 where six former tournament champions and finalists and two wildcards met in a huge multi-man tournament. In the first round, Leon Banks TKOed wildcard Sturt Mason at 1:18, Francesco Marazzina took a decision win over Rick Stanley in his return to the Cage, unknown Russian wildcard Aleksei Chekhov made mincemeat of GAMMA 7 champ Vincent Chaplin at 1:52 and Mark Cohen finished Edson Edmilson by strikes.

That set up an interesting clash between Banks and the superstar Marazzina, but no one expected what happened as Leon Banks knocked Marazzina out at 1:17 to suggest that maybe the Italian was too small. His opponent in the final would be Chekhov who ground out an awful decision win over Chaplin. In the Megafight, Rob Baines returned to the top of the tree to win the GAMMA Megafight Title with an armbar win over Duey Roth after an energetic 21 minutes in the Cage. His opponent would be decided in the final - and it would be Aleksei Chekhov who arrived big time on the North American stage with a TKO win at 5:17.

Overall I think it works pretty well. I can't really help how promotions debut (there is a Japanese Women's one which will go bankrupt without a show), but if you tinker with how many fighters they want in each division there is still space for some regional shows! Overall, I'm really enjoying myself.

Pound-for-Pound as of January 1996

1. Rob Baines (8-2, 8-2 GAMMA)

2. Dan Halvorsen (15-0, 3-0 Pankration)

3. Matthew Dean (16-0, 2-0 WARRIORS)

4. Leon Banks (12-2, 5-2 GAMMA)

5. Francesco Marazzina (9-2, 9-2 GAMMA)

6. Aleksei Chekhov (8-1, 3-0 GAMMA)

7. Sean Morrison (12-0, 2-0 WARRIORS)

8. George Laurent (9-0, 2-0 WARRIORS)

9. Duey Roth (6-2, 5-2 GAMMA)

10. Shizuya Nakae (8-0, 2-0 Pankration)

Archived