What's Going on in YOUR Game?

July 1999, Gamma.

In January 2000 I'll be absorbing KDM FC's Featherweight division and any ranked Lightweights they have. I'm still on the fence on the women's division. I think adding one division is enough for now. I'll probably just close that division down.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I lasted two years and almost a third at GAMMA before they fired me.

So where am I now? XCC!

Also...I hate James Foster...

What did you get fired for? Just wondering because I turned the CEO spending limit thing off. He was stupid...if I'm netting 1.5 mil+ a month, why not let me spend more than 5k on a fighter? Lost Osmosis Benn thanks to him.

After completing a year with GAMMA.

Featherweight: After adding in a Featherweight division at the start of the year Brian Claremont destroyed Foggy Lee, Graeme Spark and final Britt Dickering to win the Title in a one night tournament before dropping the belt on his first defense to Lamont Banner. Banner is set to defend the belt against Manish Khan in the new year.

Lightweight: An accidental clash of heads ruled the Sean Morrison vs. Brandon Sugar title match a no-contest, set for a rematch Morrison taunted Sugar in interviews leading up to the fight which spawned a strong dislike relationship between the two. After dominating the first two rounds Morrison got caught in a triangle choke and was forced to tap out, making Brandon Sugar the new Lightweight Champion.

Welterweight: Rufus Stephens had a great year, first dethroning then Champion Julio Regueiro to win the Welterweight gold and then defended it against Jack Humphreys, up next for the Champ is Nathan Chambers. Speaking of Regueiro, the guy has fallen on hard times and went the year without recording a victory and taking losses to Rufus Stephens (UD), Nathan Chambers (TKO) and Darin Blood (UD), earning him the fall of the year award.

Middleweight: Following a successful defense against Dexter Darling Matthew Dean called out Buddy Garner in his post fight interview, it was a bad decision as Garner forced the Champion to submit four months later. Garner went on to defend his belt against JJ Reid in what has been GAMMA's worst fight to date. A small side note, Nick Detroit and Woody Fierstein got into a shoving match at the weigh-ins for GAMMA 31: No Contest, no negative relationship was formed between them but Woody did win the fight via TKO in the 3rd round.

Light-Heavyweight: After destroying Junior Patinkin at GAMMA 23: Undisputed Spencer Rubenstein was totally overwhelmed by the rising star that is Marlon John, droping the Title in the first round via TKO. Rubenstein has since rebounded with a crushing victory over Linfield Ballard, John on the other hand is set for his first Title defense against Lawrence Herringbone.

Heavyweight: Raul Hughes caught Foster napping in their match up at GAMMA 24: Bitter Rivals and put the King of Ground and Pound away in the opening minute of the second round. Hughes' reign as Champion was short lived as he dropped the belt to Jeff Carlton via a fourth round TKO at GAMMA 28: Hughes vs. Carlton, Carlton has since defended his belt against Tim Boyer and is likely to face to impressive Christopher Sharp with in the first half of the new year. Lance Decker has proven to be a tough man to work for money wise and the heavyweight division has felt the brunt of it with Raul Hughes and Rick Stanley leaving the company following contract disputes.

Having a really interesting game right now. As the UFC in the early days, lost my PPV deal with SEG after they hardballed negotiations. Eventually, after going through some dark days and losing all my top stars (Renzo, Royce, Severn etc.) bar Ken Shamrock, I got with DirecTV. Just as we slowly started to turn a profit (we were on the brink of bankruptcy for a year or two), PRIDE popped up. Now they've picked up the unemployed stars I made, Royce Gracie is having his first fight since UFC 3, four years ago. They've also picked off pretty much everyone EF and SB have built up in recent times.

Thankfully I have Mark Coleman, Randy Couture and Vitor Belfort tied into longish cheap contracts to keep me safe till either they hit a bump or we get more exposure. Plus I can't use Shamrock due to his high contract, same with Mezger, Frank Shamrock and a few others. I'm just keeping them locked down to stifle the market.

On the funny side, Kazuo Takahashi regularly misses weight with SuperBrawl to the point that he is now ranked at heavyweight, despite being booked for fights at 205.

What did you get fired for? Just wondering because I turned the CEO spending limit thing off. He was stupid...if I'm netting 1.5 mil+ a month, why not let me spend more than 5k on a fighter? Lost Osmosis Benn thanks to him.

Oh I had it on. I was fired for GAMMA dipping into Low National. Even though I was getting a ton of money in. So, that was awesome. I lost a ton of fighters though...due to the 5K cap. So Raul Hughes? Gone. Matthew Dean? Gone. Tim Boyer? Gone. Just About Every Decent Fighter? Gone.

I had to result to small time prospects, like Diego Arteta, who I hope GAMMA releases, and some other small time guys. In hopes to make them stars, but I was fired before the last event of the year. In which Leon Banks was going to make a huge comeback against Tony McCall.

Also Tony McCall ended up leaving two months later. Now I'm at XCC, debating on resigning or not. I sorta wanna wait for a female league to open up or try WEFF. Maybe SIGMA. Maybe even import a American Ring promotion. Not sure yet.

OMEGA sucked up all of my released talent by the way.

Right now I'm booking my first XCC event. Hopefully I don't stink it up too bad.

http://i54.tinypic.com/8xq905.jpg

Just had my first XCC Tournament which saw Elvis Milissis win his 3 Ladder fights all with Muai Thai knee KOs. He's now top of the pack and holding the XCC Lightweight title.

Elvis was 5-0 until he faced Glen Siemaszko. I held my first XCC event and the Commercial and Critical success was GREAT! The highest rating in XCC! I may stick around.

I just had the sickest KO comeback currently in XCC's history. It was Sammy Gaffigan Vs. Azor Portela Nunes. Nunes was laying waste to Gaffigan with elbows all round 1, cut Gaffigan under the eye and the round was totally in Nunes's favour. 33 Seconds into round 2 and Gaffigan flash KOs Nunes with a high kick and goes top of the contender's rank.

Crazy comeback, Fantastic Match rating and FOTN.

In my first WMMA3 game, Benni Peyroux beat Ethan LeGrange by TKO with only 3 seconds left of Round 1. I felt bad for LeGrange.

Also, Norman Pike beat Marvin Stevens in my Main Event by KO at 31 seconds into Round 3, after losing the first two rounds.

I made my own company, signed my initial roster and made my first three shows.

All this happend on my very first show.

EDIT: Oh my, I feel terrible for Zsolt Hargitay, so very terrible.... Kanezane Fujii just subbed him via Armbar, at 4:59 of Round 1, if only he could've held on for one second... :(

Here are my award winners for 1998:

Fighter of the Year: Hassan Fezzik

Rookie of the Year: N/A

Female Fighter of the Year: Karen Curtis

Rise of the Year: Heath Kaladaris

Fight of the Year: Felip Luiz Rosa vs Mason Archer (Rosa KO'd Archer in rd.2 after being dominate in round 1. It was the only Excellent rated fight all year.)

Knock Out of the Year: Ari Peltonen vs Mason Archer (Archer's second KO loss in a row.)

Main Event of the Year: Karen Curtis vs Michelle Adams

Promotion of the Year: ALPHA-1

Show of the Year: GAMMA 30: Boyer vs McCall

Team of the Year: Strike Force

Fall of the Year: Kyuwa Itou

Worst Fight of the Year: Motoki Hojo vs Shinji Oiwa

Submission of the Year: Julio Regueiro vs Josh Aldarisio (Regueiro subs Aldarisio in the final minute of round 5 after clearly losing the first 4 rounds.)

Upset of the Year: Zhao Pau defeats Norberto

Adam Ryland seems to think different.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258817

See the last post.

I think he was talking about different types of errors. Either way, the problem is gone in my saved game.

I just finished my first year with ALPHA1.

Awards:

Fighter Of The Year: Ichisake Miyagi

Promotion Of The Year: XCC

Rookie Of The Year: -

Show Of The Year: ALPHA-1's Warriors Of The Ring

Female Fighter Of The Year: Sarah Vaughan

Team Of The Year: Strike Force

Rise Of The Year: Ginger Beaumont

Fall Of The Year: Takahiro Nakamura

Fight Of The Year: Naoki Itoh vs. Tsuramatsu Inoue

Worst Fight Of The Year: Emma Birch vs. Samantha Sachs

Knock Out Of The Year: Raul Hughes vs. James Foster

Submission Of The Year: Tadamasa Yamada vs. Zvonimir Asanovic

Main Event Of The Year: Fumiaki Hayashi vs. Korekiyo Anzai

Upset Of The Year: Markku Mikkola defeats Robun Yamazaki

My champions:

Heavyweight: Armen Sarkisian

Light Heavyweight: Jin Katou

Middleweight: Heiji Endo

Welterweight: Ichisake Miyagi

Lightweight: Fumiaki Hayashi

Women's: Sarah Vaughan

So both Hassan Fezzik and Tadamasa Yamada lost their belts. :eek:

Pound For Pound Top-10:

1. Philip Ziskie

2. Ichisake Miyagi

3. Matthew Dean

4. Raul Hughes

5. Armen Sarkisian

6. Affonso Villar

7. Sukarno

8. Tomohiro Takeuchi

9. Jack Humphreys

10. Buddy Garner

The next title matches will most likely be:

Sarkisian vs. Rick Stanley

Katou vs. Zvonimir Asanovic

Endo vs. Kojuro Kudo

Miyagi vs. Ikku Funaki

Hayashi vs. Motoki Hojo

Vaughan vs. Yutsuko Sasaki / Samantha Sachs

I just had the sickest KO comeback currently in XCC's history. It was Sammy Gaffigan Vs. Azor Portela Nunes. Nunes was laying waste to Gaffigan with elbows all round 1, cut Gaffigan under the eye and the round was totally in Nunes's favour. 33 Seconds into round 2 and Gaffigan flash KOs Nunes with a high kick and goes top of the contender's rank.

Crazy comeback, Fantastic Match rating and FOTN.

Okay I this is weird a I had a rematch Nunes Vs Gaffifan II and the complete opposite happened. Gaffigan kocked Nunes down first round and Nunes was saved by the bell. Few seconds into round 2 and Nunes flying knees Gaffigan and secures a crazy Knock Out victory.

Just had Jethro Munter get KO'd by Andoni Olano at 4:57 in Round 3, after pretty much winning all three rounds, not by much, but he would've won the decision if he didn't get flash KO'd in the last 3 seconds. Shame. But this is one of the reasons MMA is so exciting.

Started a new game with 0 pop fed. Starting out with heavyweight only signed Norman Pike(25th ranked heavyweight unemployed) and whoever unemployed my scout recommands. Pike headligned my first main event for the heavyweight title and lost a decsion. He was my top guy, my visions of building up a bunch of guys for him to crush has been undone but I am now looking forward to what happens from here.

I've done two XCC events and waiting for my Both shows were great. So that is awesome.

Raul Hughes, sadly, retired only having 1...fight in the game universe. GAMMA never bothered to resign him and no one else tried to.

I'm looking for a PPV deal with XCC, but it seems like it will be awhile.

Started a new game with 0 pop fed. Starting out with heavyweight only signed Norman Pike(25th ranked heavyweight unemployed) and whoever unemployed my scout recommands. Pike headligned my first main event for the heavyweight title and lost a decsion. He was my top guy, my visions of building up a bunch of guys for him to crush has been undone but I am now looking forward to what happens from here.

Heh, I've had the opposite happen for me. Norman Pike has won both his fights I've booked him in, and he's now the #10 Heavyweight, I am only a Mid Level Regional Company.

I'm using SIGMA, and I played 10 months already. I've put on 8 cards so far (all with 1 or 2 title fights) and my next card is my huge year end card. I'll be putting on 3 title fights with three champions against three top fighters that I just signed (Mason Archer, Truck Gleeson and Anthony Le Toussier). I also recently signed Li-Kong Ho. My champions are:

FW Champ: Lars Bohlin

LW Champ: Luis Basora

WW Champ: Noach Van Der Capellen

MW Champ: Fernando Amaro

LHW Champ: Daniil Skala

HW Champ: Gunnar Nilson

started a game with XCC having zero idea what to do, just wanted to try the demo out. I got hooked, decided to buy and have played up to 2003. XCC is now the number 3 promotion under GAMMA and ALPHA. I'll post the 2003 awards once I get there but here are my current champions:

XCC Womens Bantamweight: Karen Curtis

XCC Featherweight: Li-Kong Ho

XCCC Womens Featherweight: Natassia Potocnik

XCC Lightweight: Fiyero Lermontov

XCC Welterweight: Manuel Silva

XCC Middleweight: Matthew Dean

XCC Light Heavyweight: Curt Kitson

XCC Heavyweight: Gladstone Lopes

Kitson's really annoying me because his title defenses have gotten some pretty bad ratings. Someone needs to knock him out soon.

Archived