What's Going on in YOUR Game?

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 year in

-Bud Brockett won fighter of the year. He went 5-0 and just beat Brandon Sugar on new years eve to become the #1 contender.

-Pavel Radulov won rise of the year. He went 3-0 and is ranked #22 welterweight.

-Li-Kong Ho got fall of the year. He went 1-3 and isnt even ranked now. He has 2 tko losses to Takeuchi.

I got GAMMA a TV deal with National Pride TV, the only network that would negotiate with me. I'm not sure if I had hit mid level National before I got the deal or not, but it was close to the same time.

That's what I figured. I've been at Mid Level National for a few months now and repeated negoatiation requests have gone nowhere. I'm still a bit under 50%, though, so that might be the magic mark.

At high level national now with ALPHA-1, and recently set up a featherweight division. My first featherweight champion was set up via a tournament, and in the final were the two I'd hoped for - Li-Kong Ho and Sukarno.

... Sukarno taps to a kimura after 2:39 in Round 1!

At high level national now with ALPHA-1, and recently set up a featherweight division. My first featherweight champion was set up via a tournament, and in the final were the two I'd hoped for - Li-Kong Ho and Sukarno.

... Sukarno taps to a kimura after 2:39 in Round 1!

That's awesome. I so would have expected Sukarno to take it, especially being the bigger fighter.

I was looking over both in my game, and I was honestly a bit disappointed in Ho's skills. He's not poor by any means... but the consensus #1 FW, he doesn't seem quite as elite as some of the top clear top guys. I definitely would have expected Sukarno to take that one.

What kind of rating did it get?

That's awesome. I so would have expected Sukarno to take it, especially being the bigger fighter.

I was looking over both in my game, and I was honestly a bit disappointed in Ho's skills. He's not poor by any means... but the consensus #1 FW, he doesn't seem quite as elite as some of the top clear top guys. I definitely would have expected Sukarno to take that one.

Yeah I expected Sukarno to take it too. I didn't even know he'd go down to featherweight till after I'd signed him! Soon as I figured that out, I set out plans in my head for him to be my first featherweight champ. But alas, he got the Ho treatment. Which is not nearly as sexy as it sounds.

It got a Good rating. While it was hardly the mindblowing rating I was hoping for, it could have been worse. Gonna set a rematch up soon ish, I'll have to see what rating they get then.

OMG Watson got pounded by Cohen. Never thought this could happen. He slipped from a high kick, and Cohen was on him like a German Messerschmitt, dropping the bombs till the lights went out! And the commission slapped him with a 3 month suspension to make things worse...

Sweet. Ladies and gentlemen, your new GAMMA LHW champ! This must set GAMMA back a couple of lightyears. :p

Wow. Just had the rematch, got the exact same result! A Sukarno submission in the first round. He lasted slightly longer this time, mind. He tapped out after 5:00 on the dot this time round.

Ho is most certainly the dominant featherweight competitor. Gonna pair him up against Go Yamamoto next and see how he fares.

How far into the game are you? I'm a high High Level Regional with FLB after two years and a bit...

2 Years 5 Months. I have been helped by turning off CEO block and stealing every good fighter, which allows me to hold a strict routine of 1 TV & 1 Event a month.

Just need to get to Low Level International now so I can sign Tadamasa Yamada who just ditched ALPHA-1 for not being big enough.

One of my fights won fight of the year in 1999.

Murray O'Hare vs Pete Shilton got a Fantastic rating, it went the distance.

Round 3 victory for O'Hare by Unanimous Decision. It is currently ranked #4 in the top fights of all time.

I also have another Fantastic fight, currently ranked #10 of all time ,

William Harrison vs Marcos Maciel.

Wow. Just had the rematch, got the exact same result! A Sukarno submission in the first round. He lasted slightly longer this time, mind. He tapped out after 5:00 on the dot this time round.

Ho is most certainly the dominant featherweight competitor. Gonna pair him up against Go Yamamoto next and see how he fares.

Ho won by submission after 5:07.

:|

Try obtaining Philip Ziskie, or any other featherweight with 90-100% takedown defense and high level striking.

Ziskie destroyed Ho in my game, Sukarno is kind of a can due to his bad ground game.

I'm ALPHA-1, and after a couple of victories, Bambang Sriyanto is the #1 Middleweight in the world on current rankings.

His contract just came up for renewal, and at low level national popularity (in Asia AND Japan) he wanted around £7,500-8,000 per fight. Stupid Japanese dude says "max we will offer is £5,000"! :eek:

Sriyanto rejects our offer, and can (feasibly) now go anywhere.

Damn heirarchy!

Try obtaining Philip Ziskie, or any other featherweight with 90-100% takedown defense and high level striking.

Ziskie destroyed Ho in my game, Sukarno is kind of a can due to his bad ground game.

Yeah I've got Ziskie on my shortlist. XCC seem to be taking forever to book him in matches though!

Tomohiro Takeuchi is gonna be Ho's next challenger for now.

Yeah I've got Ziskie on my shortlist. XCC seem to be taking forever to book him in matches though!

takeuchi has beat ho twice in my game. takeuchi is so inconsistent in my game. he beat ho then he losses to shuler eigenberg.

.. Ho wins by submission. Takeuchi lasted the longest of all the challengers thogh, tapping after 3:22 of Round 3.

Ho is unstoppable though.

IN THE FAR FUTURE OF THE YEAR 2000~!

Fight League Brazil has emerged as a true alternative in the war between GAMMA and ALPHA-1. After slowly losing money over the course of two years (but all the while delivering great action and showcasing world ranked fighters) it finally scored a PPV deal with OLHAR network late November and its first two PPVs were huge successes, gathering nearly 100k buys each and recouping significant losses.

Its lightweight division was the most tumultuous. Helio, rising super prospect, battered the former champion Branco to a first round stoppage. Already in his first defense, however, his hype train would be derailed by experienced veteran and (pre-game) former champion Caca de Andrade, who took the title for a second time. He fared no better, succumbing to a rear naked choke by Edson Edmilson in the last five seconds of the fight after winning the first four rounds. The belt's curse carried on when Edmilson tapped to a kneebar by rising regional prospects Manoel Cabral, and Cabral himself proved himself by defending the title for the first time since 1997 against Branco, ironically, the man last man who defended the title successfully.

Cabral has his hands full however as recently poached Jake Keane (ranked #2 in the world, just after Sean Morrison) scored a victory over Helio and looks to provide a stiff challenge for the champion and, perhaps, a way for him to enter the top 5. Should he get past Keane there are a slew of dangerous competitors nabbing for a title shot such as Carl Chenoweth, karate sensation and 1998 rookie of the year, or Tarcisio Dantas, fellow undefeated prospect.

Interestingly all three former champions have seemingly been unable to regain the former glory. Helio, once predicted for great success, has been frustratingly inconsistent. Destructions of Gustavo Bautista and Paulo Roberto Bezerra have been tempered by a quick knockout loss to Anderson Desailly and a submission loss to Jake Keane. Caca de Andrade has dropped two in a row since losing the title and is now not even ranked top 10 within the company and Edson Edmilson was submitted by a kimura in his last fight.

The welterweight division has been FLB's greatest star Manuel Silva's playground. Disposing of five world ranked challengers, never going beyond the third round, he has looked truly dominant. However now he faces a different threat than before as undefeated #7 ranked Datuk Ong Ka Ting has made a name for himself with four straight victories and while his plodding grappling style hasn't made him a fan favorite there's no denying his success.

The rest of the division is scrambling to find a new challenger for Manuel after his next, assumed, victory. Charles Stiles and Gabriel Gallego are both on the comeback trail. Procopio Golias is on a tear and undefeated Mexican prospect Louis De La Torre could be the next crossover star for the Brazilian promotion.

The middleweight division has been a story of unlikely wins. Braulio Moura, largely considered the second best middleweight in the world at the start of 1998, beat up challenger Joaquim Fontes for four and a half round before being tripped to the mat, mounted, and armbarred for the victory. Fontes' next challenger, Thais Antonio Taffarel, had a more competitive fight before also tapping out in the fifth round. Marinho Gomes lasted only two before being submitted, however with Jerezo it was a back and forth until Fontes secured the armbar in the fifth, continuing his streak of armbars from mount and having three of his last four fights end in the fifth round. His fight against Mario de Souza was a largely tepid affair ending with a triangle in the third, but his next challenger would prove his toughest in the to date largest fight in FLB history.

Leonardo da Costa, BJJ black belt and former teacher, had a record not at all indicative of his capabilities. Six losses by knockout and finally being cut from the promotion caused him to reevaluate his fighting style. All it took was a quick tapout from a local fighter to get him resigned with the promotion and there he truly showed his rekindled fighting ability. In 1998 he shocked the promotion by beating world ranked Zaco in a fight most people thought was set up to keep Zaco busy for his title shot. At the beginning of 1999 he was in an enviable position and he did not disappoint. Climbing the rankings with three straight finishes against world ranked competition he finally came face to face with the seemingly unbeatable champion - and gave him a taste of his own medicine. A tired Joaquim Fontes pushed him up against the cage in the fith, where da Costa locked in a standing guillotine, securing the tap, the spot as the internationally recognized #1 middleweight in the world and the award for fighter of the year.

The light heavyweight division has been another story of dominance. Affonso Villar, the champion, defending his belt six times all through to 2000 and he doesn't look to be slowing down. Roberto Aldez, Pedro Sousa twice, Arthur Franco and Carlos dos Santos all fell before him and called into question whether he can be beat. However the very kickboxing heavy division has had a new force to be reckoned with; Gustavo Spagnol, a regional prospect picked up on a whim turned out to be an absolute wrecking machine with his trademark style of takedowns and ground and pound. No one has left the first round when they've entered the ring with him and he looks to perhaps be the first genuine threat to Villar's title in years. Fellow prospect Nilson Fantoni, a dangerous grappler, once occupied much the same spot as Spagnol but a knockout loss to Roberto Aldez derailed his career and put him out of title contention. For now.

The heavyweight division has seen Murilho Satinho defend his belt four times with six wins total since 1998 - against inferior challengers some would say as none but Gladstone Lopes until his last opponent he's faced has been truly world ranked. The division has suffered greatly from the lack of truly great Brazilian heavyweight fighters. However with initiatives from its new owner a number of international prospects were signed. The SIGMA heavyweight champion was poached under a lucrative deal, as were international prospects Khru Duangjan and Alexander Ivanov, both of whom have torn up the division. After knocking out Terron Cabal and finally getting a big win, Satinho expressed a great desire to face both men, #5 and #6 ranked respectively, to boost his career and perhaps, just perhaps closing in on Hazzan Fezzik and Jeff Carlton in the rankings.

My fingers hurt

Not really my game but I did a quick match for laughs using all weights... Li-Kong Ho vs Hassan Fezzik.

- 'The Big Bad' Hassan Fezzik vs. 'Little Dragon' Li-Kong Ho

- From Quick Sim mode

- Created 18 December 2010

>Blurcat Radio is pleased to bring you a special contest; 'The Big Bad' Hassan Fezzik battles 'Little Dragon' Li-Kong Ho.

>There's the opening bell!

>Ho avoids a jab.

>Fezzik looks to be trying to close the distance between them.

>Ho tries to counter with a takedown, but Fezzik defended it well.

>Ho comes in, looking for a quick takedown.

>Fezzik sprawls, stopping the takedown and forcing Ho down to the ground into a type of turtle position.

>Turtled up, Ho takes a short knee strike to the side of the head.

>Fezzik pounds away with rights, hitting several big shots to the body and side of the head.

>Fezzik hits a short knee to the side of the head of the turtled Ho.

>We move into the second half of this round.

>Ho, turtled up, takes a short knee strike to the side of the head.

>Fezzik pounds away with right hands, but Ho absorbs them and manages to stand back up.

>Fezzik shoots in for a takedown.

>Ho looks to grab a guillotine off the takedown.

>He gets a big takedown and he ends up in half guard.

>Looking to catch his breath, Fezzik is content to just throw a couple of punches to the body.

>Ho reaches over and tries to lock Fezzik in a guillotine.

>Fezzik gets caught by the guillotine, and it's tight enough that he has to tap!

>The winner, by submission, is 'Little Dragon' Li-Kong Ho!

>Official Result: 'Little Dragon' Li-Kong Ho defeats 'The Big Bad' Hassan Fezzik (Submission (Guillotine) in 4:17 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.

Just figured I'd see...

OK, I am def going to start a new game, using four weight classes, Featherweight - Middleweight. I really want to start off small, and expand into new weight divisions later on. I am new and don't want to be overwhelmed.

My long-term goal is to sign Li-Kong Ho and have him dominate.

Any suggests as to where I should base my little upstart fight company?

Brian Clairmont can beat him ;)

Haha you know what, that's not a bad shout. In every game I've hired Claremont in he's a knockout machine. Think last time I looked he was signed with XCC though, have to check when I turn the game back on in a bit.

I may have found Ho's next challenger! haha

EDIT - Claremont has got 6 guaranteed matches on his XCC contract. Never mind.

Archived