Money talks a bit too much

I love the game, my only gripe is that money seems to be a bit too important. Im trying to nick Andre Galvao to the UFC from Strikeforce. So a) im a bigger company which should be an advantage in signing him. He wants 20k but Dana will only let me offer 17.5k. I offer that and bump up the bonuses but strikeforce have the better offer apparantky. So just to test this, I bump up all bonuses except cut of PPV revenue to 100%. I offer 6 fights all guranteed, with +15% performance scale. I also offer him 1million in a signing bonus and Strikeforce still has the better offer. He ends up signing for strikeforce for 20k a week, with 60% bonus and +5% performance scale.

It seems like mine was the much better offer, but because of 2.5k he chose to Strikeforce.

Exact same thing happens with Ribeiro except Dana will let me give him his original asking price of 20k. He signs for 5k more and less bonuses/performance scale again.

I agree, the contracts seem to be a bit messy.

I think that the contracts should take into account signing bonuses LENGHT and all bonuses.

So that you have to pay more for contracts with more fights.

NOW, I also believe that loyalty to a company should play a factor, but when 1 million is on the line....

I can't agree enough. Same thing with WMMA2. The base pay is really the only thing that matters when it comes to enticing. I think depending on the bonus you should be able to entice fighters better. A 5000 deal is probably better than an 8000 when you are getting a 100% bonus for winning, being in a main event, in a title fight, winning a title, getting all the merchandise, etc.

Yeah I think its an improvement but the only time all the extra come into place is when you are dealing with a massive star.

For example medical coverage almost has no importance, I've only had top top guys ask for it. When in reality if you offer a lower level fighter less base money but say 50-100% medical coverage they would possibly accept.

For example medical coverage almost has no importance, I've only had top top guys ask for it. When in reality if you offer a lower level fighter less base money but say 50-100% medical coverage they would possibly accept.

There is no presidence in reality for this whatsoever. It's a game mechanic. Medical issues are covered by AC mandated insurance, a promoter's goodwill (which is as rare as a Leprechaun's pot of gold) or nothing.

I have a mangled knee as proof :-p

I like it personally. If you're willing to spend, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to sign someone. Affliction proved that if you dangle a golden carrot in front of fighters, they'll chase it.

What I'd like to see, is the AI fight a bit harder to keep guys. It's very easy to steal people in WMMA3, and the AI never really comes after your guys. I'd like to see them become more aggressive in future patches.

I like it personally. If you're willing to spend, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to sign someone. Affliction proved that if you dangle a golden carrot in front of fighters, they'll chase it.

What I'd like to see, is the AI fight a bit harder to keep guys. It's very easy to steal people in WMMA3, and the AI never really comes after your guys. I'd like to see them become more aggressive in future patches.

you're missing the point. the rest of the contract options are more of less worthless in comparison to per fight pay. i makes no sense that i can offer a guy a 1 mil signing bonus and he turns it down because i wont give him an additional 5 thousand per fight.

you're missing the point. the rest of the contract options are more of less worthless in comparison to per fight pay. i makes no sense that i can offer a guy a 1 mil signing bonus and he turns it down because i wont give him an additional 5 thousand per fight.

I think signing bonus is bugged. I could be wrong, but you don't have to pay 95% of fighters virtually anything for signing bonus. I'm routinely signing guys for 5,000 per fight and two hundred signing bonus.

No, not always. Match length of 6 is not always a good thing.

Ive also had win bonus and performance scale be a sticking point even with higher pay.

Signing bonus is a joke as Ive never had to pay more then $100 to even national guys.

Really? I just re-signed Yamata (mid level international) and his signing bonus was about $300,000.

Everyone seems to be asking for pretty high signing bonuses from me, which is fair enough.

Complete unknowns are the only ones I've seen ask for $100.

Really? I just re-signed Yamata (mid level international) and his signing bonus was about $300,000.

Everyone seems to be asking for pretty high signing bonuses from me, which is fair enough.

Complete unknowns are the only ones I've seen ask for $100.

It's a joke until you reach the international stage.

yeah, in my view this is an error, i expected this issue to be fixed for this version, however it seems that all that matters is offering the highest base pay. Besides this what i do not understand is if lets say you offer 100k and he wants 50k, why does he reject my offer simply because he wants another 2% increase in win bonus? In effect there is not such a thing as "negotiations" in the game, it is all about giving them what they want and guessing in the time you have left to offer it.

yeah, in my view this is an error, i expected this issue to be fixed for this version, however it seems that all that matters is offering the highest base pay. Besides this what i do not understand is if lets say you offer 100k and he wants 50k, why does he reject my offer simply because he wants another 2% increase in win bonus? In effect there is not such a thing as "negotiations" in the game, it is all about giving them what they want and guessing in the time you have left to offer it.

Not to say development should be made, but remember you're "negotiating" with a computer program, not a live person. When you dive into it there is going to be some break down as it boils down to a (highly complex) rules engine.

If you don't meet a criteria, it doesn't matter how ridiculously over you meet other criteria, it won't satisfy the rule engine and thus won't be signed.

Negotiations work fine if the human uses logic. If someone is asking for more if a win bonus (let's say 5% would secure the deal) why would you say I will give you 50k more per fight but not that 5% more win bonus?

Yes in real life the fighter would accept the new deal obviously, but remember it is a game and it may not be able to determine the reasoning behind your stupid 50k increase. In real life you will give the fighter what he wants, or threaten to leave the negotiations, you won't double his money per fight to save on 5% win bonus. Play like you are in real life and negotiations work perfectly.

The negotiations are a huge improvement on WMMA 2, and I particularly like that you can negotiate - you don't need to give the fighters what they want, within reason, and you can push them to take less. They might, they might not. Proper negotiations. It's good.

But yes, the weighting is wrong. Clearly to turn down a huge signing bonus for a minor incremental increase in salary is nonsense, and the other bonuses should also be taken into account too.

HOWEVER.

If your CEO is blocking you from upping your offer by $2.5k per fight, he pretty obviously WOULDN'T let you offer $1m signing fee anyway IRL. So essentially, what you're asking for is just another dialogue box saying "Dana White has blocked your signing bonus", which just isn't a necessary addition to the game. You can almost think of it as Dana blocking you instead of fighter rejecting you for the sake of a minor flaw. But that's not to say that ALL bonus improvements are either a) going to be blocked or b) overlooked by the fighter, so yes, it's an issue of weighting the fighters needs more accurately.

Here is a question. Can we ever negotiate down the other bonuses? I know we can give them a little less pay but if they are asking for 7.5% win bonus can we negotiate that down to 5? I never seem to be able to get anything lower besides the base pay but I have tried after my first 3 months of in game play or so.

Here is a question. Can we ever negotiate down the other bonuses? I know we can give them a little less pay but if they are asking for 7.5% win bonus can we negotiate that down to 5? I never seem to be able to get anything lower besides the base pay but I have tried after my first 3 months of in game play or so.

Yes, you can. You build a "good will" value every time you give a fighter more than he wanted in a category, and that will off-set any time you give them less in another. As long as the "good will" outweighs the "bad will", you are OK.

Hmm... so we can actually get benefits for giving someone a better deal? I didn't know that. I was so worried about setting a precedent of being too generous that I would always money pinch. Now I will try to build up this good will a bit more.

Reward veteran fighters and guys who've fought for you before, and give rookies very little. That's the way the world works, right? ;)

Archived