Coach Mau and his Career

[b]Recruiting: Week 4 of 10[/b] [b]Signings:[/b] None. *I'm keeping this short and sweet rather than using a lot of time to list all of the players like I did last season. I'm also getting frustrated at the game when it doesn't allow me to advance stages during recruiting without quitting and loading it back up. Which takes a minute or two.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]Recruiting Week 5 of 10[/b] [b]Signings:[/b] None. [b]Big News:[/b] It is a sad day here at San Diego State University. I just have received news that OLB Eason White will declare for the draft. He feels he'll be a top pick in the upcoming draft and has told me that he and his family want to get paid the big bucks. I wish him the best of luck. I just wish he could have waited one more season, I don't feel like he was quite ready yet. :( [b]Recruiting Week 6 of 10[/b] [b]Signings:[/b] None [b]Recruiting Week 7 of 10[/b] [b]Signings:[/b] ILB Johnny Wonsley - 3 Star Linebacker who will definitely be playing on our defense one day. [b]Recruiting Week 8 of 10[/b] - We need to start getting more signees or we're going to have a small freshman class this year. [b]Signings:[/b] WR Bruce Pace - We didn't really need any receivers, but you can never have enough. CB Leonard Hayes - Our needs don't want to sign with us so we'll keep getting players we don't really need. [b]Recruiting Week 9 of 10[/b] [b]Signings:[/b] ILB Scott Jue - Our 2nd recruit that is an ILB. These two guys may be a good tandem a few years down the road. [b]Recruiting Week 10 of 10[/b] - I was nervous about this last week, as there were a few guys out there that I still wanted. An OLB to help replace Eason White, who is going to be missed greatly! A QB who seems to be a better passer than anybody I have except the transfer. And two running backs both who could give Olszewski good breaks now and then. [b]Signings:[/b] FB Justin Griggs - Whew. Will be a good replacement for Banfield next season. 3 stars. I had a few other 3 star players sign along with four 2-star recruits. Looks to be a recruiting season that was a little worse than last season's. We'll probably be around 70th overall this time around. Maybe with our first winning season, I can change that.

[b]Notes:[/b] WR John Tomich, a freshman who didn't play much last season improved greatly over the summer becoming quite possibly our number one receiver before training day. He was a 1/5 last season and now is a 4/9. Hopefully he can train even harder and become a legitimate threat. At linebacker, we've got a bunch of undeveloped young players. Tatum and Zola Dean look to be our top LB's, but even so they're still only rated 2's with potentials of 5 and 6. [b]Proceeding to Next Season[/b] We were ranked 89th this year in the recruiting effort. Dang. Our training regiment seemed to go okay. Delhomme (3/5) will be slated as the starter this year while Garay has to sit out a year for transferring. Our offensive line is very solid with everybody rated 4 or better. This bodes well for Senior RB Olszewski(5/8), it also bodes well for WR John Tomich who could be one of the best wide receivers in the nation (6/10) next season. I wish I could have red shirted him last season, but we were short on receivers. He'll be the #1 WR this year with Brandon May and Thad Matthews behind him. Ricky Davis lost some skill over the summer and is now 3/4. Our defensive ends should be solid this year with Sr Perry(4/6) coming back and Jr Preston Morgan (4/5) who backed up Pritchett and Perry last season. Our DT's will be pretty bad, as we'll have Sr Rutkowski (2/3) playing NT and Kipps(1/2) backing him up in our 3-4 Defense.

[b]New Season[/b] We've gone with one of the best recruiting services this year, we want to get some better recruits next season, especially on the defensive line and Gridiron.com never gave us anything to look at.. Recruiting Power hopefully will give us what gridiron didn't. [b]Expectations[/b] Once again, our expectations are pretty low, finish 7th. Have faith! [b]Philosophiesp/b] We're going to go with a balanced offense and 3-3-5 on defense. [b]Scheduling[/b] No new additions as we have 11 games already scheduled. 1 at Connecticut - 2 at Central Florida - 3 OPEN - 4 at Utah - 5 Cincinnati - 6 Air Force - 7 at Texas Christian - 8 Wyoming - 9 at Brigham Young - 10 Colorado State - 11 Nevada-Las Vegas - 12 OPEN - 13 at New Mexico - 14 OPEN - 15 OPEN -

[b]Week 1 AT UCONN[/b] I've got a good feeling this game despite UConn being favored by 8 points. Olszewski will run the ball well along with Delhomme throwing the ball well to Tomich. [b]1st Q[/b] UConn has a damn good RB in Greg Adams. He had some good runs on the opening drive but in the end UConn had to settle for 3 points. 3-0. Ouch, after a punt Greg Adams took the first hand off 69 yards for a touchdown. 10-0. Ut-oh. 17-0 after Adams manhandled us once again. He's got 8 carries for 130 yards so far. Ouch. We'll have to put 11 guys in the box from now on.. or something. [b]2nd Q[/b] We had a chance to score a TD but Delhomme threw a pick instead allowing UConn to drive down the field for another score to start the blowout. 24-0. Haltime score is a dreadful 34-7. I'm still convinced we're a good team and just ran into too good of a team for us too handle at the moment. We'll win more this year than lose, GAURANTEED! The final score to this one was 44-14. We showed lots of good signs for our first game of the season, but more bad signs. We turned the ball over 7 times. That's unacceptable, but acceptable after falling down so quickly. I didn't care anymore after the 1st quarter. It was just a game to see how we would look for the rest of the season and I still believe we'll be all right. Delhomme had over 50% completion, and nearly 300 yards before being taken out by Clare who failed miserably in 2 attempts, both of which ended up intercepted. *I will probably be done for a day or two with this dynasty as I have life happening starting tomorrow. I may be able to sneak in a few games.. possibly more, who knows.*

[b]Week 2 @ Central Florida[/b] We're favored by a dozen this week, so I hope we can follow through with that. [b]1st Q[/b] We start with the ball and put up a solid drive for six points to make it 7-0 early on. UCF answered right back with a touchdown of their own to tie it at 7. A 3 and out later, UCF got the ball back and took it down the field for a field goal, 10-7. [b]2nd Q[/b] A fumble on the kickoff, recovered by UCF allows Central Florida to score another TD to push it to 17-7. Ugh. We give up another touchdown. Our defense is just not as good without Eason White who's probably enjoying the sideline for the Colts or something. Good for him. 24-7. Luckily we made a few defensive stops before the end of the half and took the ball 3 plays for 59 yards for a touchdown- Delhomme to TE Kevin Roberts. 24-14 on the way to the locker rooms for halftime. [b]3rd Q[/b] After a nice defensive stop to start the half, we got the ball back at mid field after a nice return. We were able to go down the field within the 10 yard line but were stopped and held to a field goal. We're right back in it, 24-17 with lots of time in the 3rd to go. 6 plays and 86 yards later the Aztecs tie the ball game up as the 3rd quarter almost comes to an end. 24-24 following a 64 yard screen play to Olszy that set up his 6 yard Olszewski touchdown run. [b]4th Q[/b] The defense was able to come up with a big interception to give us the ball on our 30 yard line, 1st and 10! Nothing good came out of the drive except the 54 yard punt that was downed on the opponents 4 yard line with 12 minutes to play. 1st and 10 - SACK, 3 yard loss. 2 and 13 on the 1 - Pitch to the right stopped for a 1 yard gain. 3rd and 12 - 8 yard pass play. A punt to midfield returned 17 yards for first and 10 on the 33 yard line for the Azzies! Kevin Roberts hauls in his 2nd TD catch of the day to give us our first lead since the opening drive, 31-24. Nice comeback. The first play from scrimmage for UCF is a caught pass but he was drilled by the SS who forced the ball loose and that was picked up DT Rutkowski who took it to the house 18 yards out and that is all she wrote! 38-24 with 9 minutes to play. Finally the turnover Gods aren't against me so badly today. When it looked to be over after a 4th and Goal on the 1 yard line for UCF was held strong by our defense, Olszewski just had to give the ball up to UCF on the next play to allow UCF to get into the endzone after just one try. 38-31 with 3:14 to play. NOt over quite yet. We go three and out and punt it 43 yards to the 37 yard line of UCF with 1:32 to play. Eeks. Central Florida was able to go down the field and get a chance to score but with 8 seconds to play on the 18 yard line they went for the end zone and got picked off to end the game. What a great victory for us. Down 24-7 early on and come back to win 38-31. Delhomme - 14-34, 301 yards, 3 TDs and an INT. Good game. TE Kevin Roberts - 2 receptions, 52 yards, 2 TDs TE Brinker - 1 catch, 25 yards TD. RB Olszewski - 21 carries, 78 yards, 1 TD AND A LOST FUMBLE!!!!! His millionth of his career. DE Perry - 2 sacks Zola Dean replacing White nicely with 7 tackles.

[b]Week Four @ Utah[/b] We begin our conference play this year against Utah who is 1-2 so far this season. They're favored to whoop us by twenty, but that won't happen if I've got somethin to say about it. Hopefully our team does as well! [b]1st Q[/b] Utah gets off to a quick start and scores on a field goal, 3-0 early on. We go three and out but the defense comes up with an interception deep in Utah territory allowing Olszewski to run it in for a TD later on. 7-3 SDSU [b]2nd Q[/b] Utah opens up the 2nd quarter with a field goal to lessen our lead to 7-6. I'd really like to bench Olszewski, but I don't have anything by 1 star players behind him. He fumbled another one deep in our territory. Gerome "Fumbilitis" Olszewski he shall forever be known as. TD Utah three plays later thanks to Olszy. He better make up for it big time. 13-7 Utes. *sigh* 22 yard touchdown run against a much depleted defense. They're really pretty bad now. We're just young and inexperienced, our offense has to really carry this team. 20-7 with 7 mintues to go in the half. We were able to take it alllllll the way down to the 2 yard line for 4th and 1; we decided to go for it and we're stopped for a no gain. T.O.D. First and 10 for Utah on their own 2 yard line. That may have cost me the game right there. It seemed like the right move. After another try for the endzone we came up short as Delhomme threw a pick to end the half on the Utah 10 yard line :( [b]3rd Q[/b] Bolden kicks a 48 yard field goal to make it 20-10 with 8 minutes to play here in the 3rd. 27-10 following a Utah TD with 3 minutes to play in the 3rd. [b]4th Q[/b] Another Utah TD puts them up 34-10. A pretty pathetic football team out there. Our offense continues to be okay, but our defense just can't handle anybody with any sort of offense. Final is 34-16.

[b]Week 5 against Cininatti[/b] I've come upon a problem and won't be able to play this game. I had to click Sim Season in order to get by this week as there was no way my depth chart could be filled as I had one injury too many. We couldn't win the simmed game, the final score being 20-9. I'll have to do some HEAVY recruiting for the defensive line. We're really quite solid in the secondary in terms of talent, our linebackers are undeveloped but also good players. I still believe we can salvage this season and win a few more.

[b]Week 6 against Air Force[/b] A quick scoring drive for the Aztecs gave us a 7-0 lead early on. [b]2nd Q[/b] Scoreles 2nd quarter allows us to maintain our 7-0 lead going into the half. [b]3rd Q[/b] Scoreless 3rd quarter! Still 7-0 Aztecs! [b]4th Q[/b] Three minutes to play in the game and we still hold our lead, we're punting the ball now from the Air Force 42 yard line. I'm hoping for a brilliant punt here. Like 41 yards. Nope, 21 yard punt. Nicely done. 3 Minutes to play for Air Force.. Plenty of time for them to tie up the ball game. Defense needs to play like they have been all game! 4th and 4 on our 32 yard line with 44 seconds to go in the game. The play - INCOMPLETE PASS! We shut out 2-2 Air Force!! 7-0 Aztecs win! 1-1 in conference play and 2-3 overall. I'm so glad we were able to get out of that funk.

[b]Week 7 @ TCU[/b] TCU is 3-1 on the season, 2-0 in conference play. We'll definitely have our hands full with the Horny Frogs, I mean Horned Frogs. QB Trung Germany(7/7) will keep our corner backs busy all game. We'll need to get pressure on him from DE Preston Morgan, our sack leader with 5. Perry continues to be sidelined with a groin injury, torn muscle. We may be over matched in this game, but hopefully our defense can step it up big like against Air Force. [b]1st Quarter[/b] No defense on the first drive for us as TCU marched right down the field with ease getting a quick six points. 7-0. The rest of the 1st quarter is scoreless so TCU stays ahead 7-0. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] So far we've thrown three interceptions, two from Delhomme and one from Clare(who was slated to start for some reason. I didn't change it in the depth chart). But finally we took advantage of a TCU turnover and settled on a field goal from 32 yards out to make it 7-3 half way through the 2nd Quarter. An 8 play, 56 yard drive was capped off with a 1 yard touchdown run by Olszewski to give us the lead with three minutes to go in the half. 10-7. We go into the half with the lead and we'll start the 2nd half with the ball. 10-7. Nobody is really having a standout day so far, Olszy has 14 carries for 52 yards and a TD. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] 4th and Goal on the 3 for TCU and they go for it. The computer always runs a screen on me in this situation and succeeds every single time. 14-10 TCU with time remaining in the 3rd. After a failed fake field goal attempt by TCU we were able to get the ball back at our 44 yard line. On the first play, Delhomme connected to John Tomich on a curl who snaked up the field for a first down and more...56 yards for a touchdown! 17-14 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd Q. [b]4th Quarter[/b] After a drive cut short by our improving defense, TCU punted the ball to our 4 yard line. The first play we ran it for a yard. Olszewski took the next handoff and broke a tackle up the middle and took it outside and TOOK IT ALL THE WAAAY! 95 yards for the touchdown and a 24-14 lead!! Still lots of time on the clock though, 14 minutes. Nice game for Olszewski, coming up on 200 yards for the day. And the defense comes up big again, forcing a fumble on the first play TCU's drive, giving us the ball on TCU's 24 yard line! 1st and 10 After a few nice plays, we had to settle for a field goal after being on the 1 yard line with 1st and Goal to go. Olszewski got stuffed twice and we had an incomplete pass. 27-14 with 11 minutes to play in the game. I'm still nervous. I was right to be nervous. TCU marched down the field for an easy six. 27-21 9 minutes to go. The nerves were calmed on the kickoff return as it was returned into TCU territory! Lets get a few yards and kick a field goal to make it a two possession game again. After a few nice pickups we found ourselves on the 10 yard line and a 4th down. This brought out Bolden who knocked in the field goal for another 3 points. 30-21, 5 minutes to go. TCU got to mid field before being held by our defense to 4th down with under four minutes to go. They punted it beautifully to our 1 yard line. If we get safetied they're right back in it. Time to give the ball to Olszewski. Or maybe a play action? A play action pass fell incomplete, 2nd down was a run up the middle that went no where for 0 yards. We decide to punt on 3rd down with two minutes to go. We'll let TCU's offense go against our defense. We punt it 54 yards to TCU's side of the field and it's time for the defense to come up big. And the defense does just that on the first play, a sack by DE Morgan, which I believe makes six on the season! One a game for him so far. TCU does manage to convert on 4th down later on in the drive and eventually score a touchdown with 29 seconds to go. They'll have to get the onside kick to have a chance now. And we recover the onside kick to seal the victory! What a big win for us! That puts us at 2-1 in conference play and 3-3 overall. I'm pumped. Everyone's pumped. 30-28 final. Olszewski was the player of the game easily, he nearly got 200 yards rushing but fell short with 31 carries for 195 yards and 2 much deserved TDs. Delhomme had a decent game after an awful 2 interception start. 13/30 227 yards, 1 TD/2 INTs. Also a nice day for our receivers as well. [code] REC YDS YPC YAC TD LG DRP WR J. Tomich 4 96 24.00 28 1 53 0 RB G. Olszewski 7 84 12.00 59 0 36 0 WR R. Davis 3 57 19.00 8 0 23 0 WR T. Matthews 3 38 12.70 10 0 22 1 WR B. May 3 25 8.30 6 0 12 0 [/code] We've got a 1-4 Wyoming team next. We should win this one, but knowing our team I can't count on anything. We beat the good teams but lose to the bad ones. Maybe we can turn it around.

[b]Week 8 VS Wyoming[/b] Our first drive got off to a fine start but Delhomme threw one into traffic at the 15 yard line which got returned 85 yards for the TD. A bad start for us as Wyoming gets off to a quick 7-0 lead. Ouch. After a few nice runs by Olszy, we went to the air in an attempt to catch the defense off guard and we did jsut that as Delhomme connected with Tomich for 47 yards and a touchdown! Tied up at 7. Still early in the game. After a 3 and out we marched down the field and were poised to score another touchdown until Thad Matthews fumbled after an 8 yard reception giving Wyoming the ball. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] I think the referees have something against me. We've had three first downs called back due to some B.S. call(well maybe they were, but whatever man!). This has forced to punt it on numerous occasions. I won't let these refs take over the game. The first play for Wyoming after a punt turned out to be a 66 yard touchdown play as our defense changed from a soft zone coverage into a blitz which allowed them to go deep on our arse. I can't wait until this is fixed in the patch. 14-7 Wyoming with 12 minutes to play in the 2nd Quarter. A holding penatly on our SS allowed Wyoming's drive to continue. Those refs again! Two plays later a 33 yard touchdown pass. Ugh. 21-7. We're getting beat up by an inferior opponent. 6 penalties for 41 yards against us so far. Tomich is now hurt with 4 minutes to play in the half. Great. At least we're relatively deep at the WR position. 21-7 going into the half, Wyoming leading. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Bolden knocks in a field goal to make the score 21-10. We're still pretty much beating up Wyoming, but they're coming up with the big plays at the right team. We need a turnover on defense to get back into this thing. There's still 7 minutes to go in the 3rd yet, so I'm not in panic mode at all. We do just that on our 40 yard line, on 3rd and 1 we send some blitzers who make a big hit on the opposing running back forcing a fumble! 1st and 10 at around mid field after a 7 yard run return! Olszewski takes it 13 yards out for a touchdown after a massive hole created by the offensive line. 21-17, we continue our dominance but we continue to be behind, making a comeback though of course. 4 minutes to play in the 3rd still. Plenty of time to blow 'em out. RB Long of Wyoming has 16 carries for a whopping 6 yards. *raises eyebrows* Nice! After the kickoff the Wyoming offense tries to catch us off guard but is unsuccessful and a Rutkowski sack forces a fumble which is recovered by Zola Dean on the Wyoming 21 yard line!!!! Goooo Aztecs! We get to the three yard line for first and goal and get stuffed on 1st and Goal for a 1 yard loss. A play action pass out of Goal Line formation is unsuccessful as we're sacked for a 4 yard loss. 3rd and Goal on the 8 yard line now... Hopefully we can connect from this far out. 3rd and Goal - Pass to the corner of the end zone to Thad Matthews is CAUGHT! Touchdown Aztecs! 24-21 and we finally have the lead! 1:33 left in the 3rd. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Our 8th penalty is another one that brought back a first down play after a 22 yard gain. Our offensive line is way above average for the conference but they just can't seem to do anything right today. This makes it 2nd and Long for us on our 40 yard line which will probably make us eventually punt. Which it does, but not before we gained 10 yards to make me feel a little better. Talk about defense stepping it up again: Wyoming ball, Q4, 2-9-WYO24 (10:44) 21-24 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-TE-playact-SE-in Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-pass-Man-B7 QB B. Asad gets sacked for a 3 yard loss (DE B. Rutkowski). He fumbles the ball after a hit by B. Rutkowski. It's recovered by P. Morgan of San Diego State. He returns it 21 yards for the touchdown! I was wondering mid way through the game if we're just not that good, and we aren't great, but we're easily better than Wyoming. I am glad it's finally showing to be that way! We're missing some key players too, but we're still a decent squad. With just over two minutes to play Wyoming has the ball on the 2 yard line with 4th down and goal to go. We go into Goal Line defense but a pass GL D in hopes that we can stop the screen that I'm predicting will come. We're still unable to stop the screen, this time it was to the TE who got it into the endzone for six. 1:42 to play and it's our ball at the 40 yard line after a shanked kick out of bounds. 31-28 Aztecs. After a first down we were able to knee it and run the clock out to seal the Vic-Tor-Ree! Wooot! 4-3 on the season and we're not slowing down! 3-1 in conference play. That was quite an impressive display by our team. We fell down early but came back strong to win this one moderately comfortably(can I say that? lol). Olszewski and Delhomme had stellar games on the offensive side. Preston Morgan and DE Rutkowski came up big on the defensive side. Delhomme was 13 of 30 with 189 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT. Olszewski had 33 carries for 156 yards, 1 TD. DE Rutkowski had THREE sacks and THREE FORCED FUMBLES along with 6 tackles altogether. Wowza! Player of the Week in the NATION. In the end we outgained Wyoming 332 to 301. Good defensive effort by our team. No, no. Great defensive effort minus a few dumb boneheaded plays. Thanks to the referees, Wyoming was able to stay in the game. I'm writing to the NCAA Referee Association...or something. We go to BYU next week, who's 3-4 on the season and 1-3 in conference play.

[b]Week 9 @ BYU[/b] This game means a lot to us, and not so much to BYU who is spiraling down to the bottom. We're tied for 1st place with Air Force and TCU. BOTH of whom we beat! Oooh, yeah. Sadly, I've learned that Preston Morgan will be suspended due to bad grades. I alloted him 12 hours of study time with freakin' tutors, but he must've been skipping them. That will definitely hurt us on the defensive front. We also found out that WR Tomich's injury is very serious and he will be out 10-12 weeks which is pretty much for the rest of the season; he may be okay for the bowl game if we get one. We've got 10 guys on the injury list... This really needs to be tweaked... 8 of them won't be playing this week; which will probably bite us in the butt. It doesn't make much sense though as I am maxed out in Medical Help.. Ah well. We'll need a another good game from Olszewski to win this one. [b]1st Quarter[/b] A failed 4th and 1 by our offense set up BYU with a short field which they didn't take too much advantage of settling with a 48 yard field goal to make it 3-0. After a 3 and out for us, our defense also stepped it up. Backups to Perry/Morgan, DE's Tillman and Rutkowski both come up with a sack to force BYU to punt. Once again I didn't notice Clare starting over Delhomme.. I didn't change it.. What the heck. Clare ends up with some yards passing which led us to a 3 yard touchdown run for Olszewski to give us a 7-3 lead as we near the end of the 1st quarter. On the kickoff, BYU fumbles it, and it's picked up by backup center, Riley, who returns it 16 yards for the score. 14-3 just like that. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Delhomme connected to Ricky Davis for a 28 yard strike to increase the lead to 20-3(Boldeennnnn!!! Argh) with 12 minutes to play in the half. We're looking good so far, despite all the injuries and failed players. After the defense's second interception on the day, Delhomme connected to Brandon may from 11 yards out for his 2nd TD of the day. 27-3, 10 minutes to play in the half yet. Eek. Blowout city at BYU. I can see some of the fans leaving already. Poor kids. BYU closes out the half with a field goal, 27-6. Statistically we're not doing that great, but our big plays have given us this lead. We outgained BYU 140 to 136 in the first half. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] BYU starts the half with a good drive and TD to make it 27-13. Nothing happened the rest of the 3rd, except at the end of the 3rd we were driving down the field. [b]4th Quarter[/b] On 3rd and Goal Delhomme throws a pick in the endzone. Damn. It would have been nice to get a field goal there at least; bad call by me apparently. Dang. We were able to stop 3rd and 1 on our 23 yard line forcing BYU to kick a field goal, 27-16 with 9 minutes to play in the game. Another BYU field goal pulls the Cougars to 8 points. 27-19. We can't afford to give the ball up here. We need a few first downs to close out this game. Five minutes to play. We're unable to come up with a first down and BYU will have the ball on the 37 yard line with under 4 minutes to play... Eek. We need a big stop here, or at least on the 2-point conversion, assuming they score. Ugh. Two minute drive, touchdown. They converted a 3rd and 5 for 44 yards through the air. 27-25, less than two minutes to go. Here comes the 2-point attempt....YES, finally we stop a 2-point conversion! It stays 27-25 with 1:31 to play. BYU has all three timeouts remaining and we have the ball on the 20 after they decided to kick it deep. Annnnnd that's the ball game folks. We finish the game with the ball in our hands and improve our record to 5-3. This is our first 5-win season with me as the head coach. "I'm so proud of my players who played their hearts out today." That also puts us at 4-1 in conference play which still leaves us tied with Air Force, who we beat, I should remind ya. ;) We were outgained by a good margin today, 390 to 227, but that was only because I started to get real conservative with the play calling, which almost cost us the game. Olszewski didn't have the game I wanted him to have, 22 carries 44 yards, 1 TD. DT Mervyn Kipps(1/2) came up nicely for us with two sacks on the day with his first start of the season. We've got Colorado State and UNLV coming up as our next two games. I wish we could get a week off to rest our players and let them heal up, but it's not going to happen the easy way! Winning, that is.

[b]Week 10 Vs 5-1 Colorado State(3-1)[/b] These Rams have a few good players on the defensive line, but our offensive line should be able to contain them barring any injuries. Colorado State is ranked 23 in the GDCS. it should be an interesting game, hopefully our defense can step up big this week! Big game.. Coming later! I've got city league basketball and I need to study some, but I'll definitely play this game before the end of the night. Can everybody notice when I'm enjoying the game? When I write a lot it means we're winning, and when we're playing horribly I write less. Too funny.

[QUOTE=ahnyung]Great job! I have a quick question though are you still callin all the plays?[/QUOTE] I am. We have been doing lots better when I am doing the playcalling. When we got up 27-3 I gave the OC/DC the reigns and look what happened. I don't think I'll be doing that again. I'll have the next game up hopefully in the next hour; weeee haw, I'm excited.

[b]Week 10 vs Colorado State[/b] This game is a re-do after getting a runtime error 3022. If you want to see what happened in the first game. Read way down below. Hopefully it won't happen again or it looks like this dynasty will come to an end... Pllease... I'm going to just sim through the game at a brisk pace as I shouldn't get any chance whatsoever to win this game. 20-0 at the half this time around, CSU still killing us. [b]2nd half[/b] The final ends up being 30-3 this time, instead of this game: [b][size=5]Week 10 vs Colorado State - 1st Try Before Real Time Error[/b][/size] This one is going to be reeeeal tough to win. Our defense is completely depleted from either injuries or morons who can't get C's in their classes. We've got red and orange all across the board. If we can come up with some big turnovers we may stay in this game, otehrwise I don't see how we have a chance. 1st Quarter CSU scores first, a TD after great field position on a nice punt return. 7-0. A Olszewski fumble................... lets CSU get good field position again and score yet agian, 14-0. Still two minutes left in the 1st quarter. 2nd Quarter We drove down the field quite smoothly until Delhomme was forced to run the ball and got hit hard which caused a fumble on the CSU 7 yard line. Not good. 11 plays, 93 yards CSU TD. 21-0. Damn, we just couldn't make the big 3rd down stop, twice. We finally score on a 24 yard field goal, 21-3. Yipee! 7 minutes to play in the half. We need to get the ball back and score once more before halftime. The defense does make a 3 and out stop on the next drive for CSU. But nothing came out of it as we're called back on an ineligible receiver down field on a 19 yard gain and a no call on jersey grabbing on a deep route. *sigh* Punt. *********************!!! Damn it. They march right down the field and score before half, 28-3 and that about wraps it up. Our defense is just too depleted. It'd be a much better game if we had half our guys on defense playing. Bummer. Nothing is going right for us going into the half. *shrug* 3rd Quarter Hey, hey! A defensive play! Zola Dean returns a fumble 20 yard for a touchdown, 28-10 just like that. Not even a minute into the 2nd half. Bummer, another big chance for a score but we were held up on 3rd and short making Bolden come in for a 50 yard field goal , which he missed wide left. That does it. Blown assignment in the secondary lets CSU go 79 yards for the TD. 35-10. Man we were playing well so far in the half up to that point. 35-13, 4th quarter now. 4th Quarter Final score 42-13 as we get blown out by an, actually average ball club. I swear if we had Perry and Morgan on the ends with two of our CB's in their as well, we'd have put up a much better fight. Now I've got to deal with Delhomme being hurt. Ugh. He didn't make it through the game then Clare came in and threw junk all game, going 4 of 17, 2 INts with the offensive coordinator making the calls most of the 2nd half. Sad game. Hopefully we can still get a bowl bid. That would be huge for us. Edit/Delete Message

[b]Week 11 vs UNLV[/b] We're favored 9 points this week. It should be a good game, Perry is listed as probable and will play as long as I have something to say about it. Delhomme is not hurt as the RT Error replay game he didn't get hurt. Nobody else is back, hopefully next week we can get Morgan off the suspended list. I could really use him back. [b]1st Quarter[/b] After a breakdown in the secondary let up a 50 yard gain for UNLV, they had to settle for a field goal to take the early lead 3-0. We tie it right back up with a field goal of our own after a nifty drive of 11 plays for 67 yards. 3-3. FS Griffith makes a pick on the 13 yard line and returns it 87 yards for the score! 10-3 Aztecs! [b]2nd Quarter[/b] 10-6 after another field goal for UNLV. Bolden knocks in a 43 yard field goal to make the lead 7 again. 13-6 with 6 minutes left in the half. Three and out for UNLV led to a 2 play drive, 64 yards and a TD from Delhomme to Ricky Davis from 31 yards out! 20-6 with five minutes to play in the half. Delhomme and Davis connect again for a 12 yard score to nearly close out the half. 27-6. Wow. What a weird finish to the half. With 59 seconds to go, we intercept it deep in UNLV territory only to fumble the ball which was returned 59 yards with 9 seconds to play and the Rebels kick a field goal to make it 27-9 to end the half. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] A field goal mid way through the 3rd quarter increases our lead to 21, 30-9. Another UNLV field goal makes it 30-12. Three minutes to go in the 3rd. An Olszewski TD pretty much seasls the game, 37-12 to start the 4th. [b]4th Quarter[/b] A Delhomme to Thad Matthews strike makes it 44-12 with 10 minutes to play in the 4th. ANOTHER FG for UNLV makes it 44-15. Final score is 44-22 as UNLV got a bit lucky there at the end to get their only TD of the game. Delhomme had three TD passes, good game for him. This really improves our shot, if not gaurantees a bowl bid. Woohoo! Bring out the champagne.. Wait, I don't want to lose anymore players, never mind. Bring out the orange juice!

[b]Notes[/b] We're 6-4 now with a week off before we face New Mexico. A win would be nice, but I'm happy with the way the season has gone with all the crap that's happened with injuries and suspensions. Both Tomich and Morgan stay suspended... Dang... Hopefully we can get them back for the Bowl Game. Well, Tomich is injured anyways, but still, it'd be nice to have him if he was okay by then. We've still got an outside shot at a share of the conference title, otherwise we'll be happy with 2nd Place, or 3rd depending on if Air Force and CSU win out. This is a bye week for us, and we'll take it! We needed it big time as we were all very worn out.

[b]Week 13 vs New Mexico[/b] [b]1st Quarter[/b] The first quarter is pretty lame except the TD for New Mexico to take a 7-0 early on. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Another New Mexico touchdown gives them a 14-0 lead. We're not playing well as an offensive unit at all. Olszewski fumbled it again earlier in the 2nd quarter. It'll be nice to have him gone except we don't have any replacements for him that are ready. ANOTHER TD for UNM to make it 21-0. We're getting smoked, not much time left in the half for them to score again at least. Scratch that. Field goal for UNM, 24-0. Sheesh. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] YES! A field goal for us, 24-3. YES again! Allen Harper returns an interception for the touchdown to make it a game again with 12 minutes to go in the 3rd still. 24-10. A 35 yard punt return sets up two sacks for UNM to force us to punt after having the ball on the 17. Nice. Bummer, UNM takes the ball down the field 80 yards for the TD. 31-10. Mid way through the 3rd q. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Final score is 40-17 New Mexico wins easily. That makes it tough for us to get a bowl bid, but still should with a 6-5 record. Nobody on our team had a good game whatsoever, except maybe Harper who returned the interception for a TD, but that's it, really.

[b]Notes[/b] We finish 3rd in the conference this year behind 1st place Air Force and 2nd place Colorado St. who lost to UNLV(whom I beat.. Not beat... Killed). Strangeness :) It was a good year overall and we ARE BOWL BOUND! We're playing in the California Bowl against.... wait for it.... wait for it.... Virginia Tech!! Ooh, my goodness. That is going to be a TOUGH one for us. We've got lots of our players back due to weeks off, but it's going to be tough tough. Nobody is suspended academically anymore either.

[b]Week 18 - SDSU (6-5) Vs Virginia Tech (6-5)[/b] VT is ranked 15th in the nation offensively and 26th defensively. We'll have our hands full on both sides of the ball, but like I said before we'll have lots of our players back from suspension and injuries so we may be all right in the end. Who knows! Both our DE's are here and ready to roll, Morgan and Perry look to be a force this game. We're also moving DE Rutkowski to the Nose Tackle position on 3-4 defense as he's better than either of the DT's we have currently. DE Rutki(2/3) has 7 sacks on the season which leads the team. Offensively we'll need our star players to step it up this game, WR John Tomich(6/10) the sophomore needs to be careful and not get hurt early on, if he can stay in and make some plays for us we may keep up with the VT Offense. We also need Olszewski to hold onto the ball for the whole game, no more silly fumbles! Delhomme will have to give us his best performance of the year for us as well. I expect our defense to make some big plays to keep us in the game! [b]1st Quarter[/b] We start out with the ball and run the ball from the get-go. It looks like our offense matches up well with the defense, we've got a good OLine who can stop the DLine from doing too much as they're rated around the same we are. The DBacks look to be of our caliber as well, so it could be a great game. 2 yard gain on the ground to open up the game. 5 yard run for Olszy. 3rd and 3. Defensive holding allows us to get a first down! 2nd and 10 later, 14 yard run by Olszewski for another first down! We're on VT's 49 yard line now. 1st and 10 - 8 yard run! Strong start for Olszy so far! 2nd and 10 - A 5 yard gain is negated as a personal foul call on one of our offensive lineman bring it back some. 3rd and 12 - Incomplete. Punt. 51 yards for a touchback. VT's offense is loaded. QB Dave Moore(8/9), WR Maurice Hayes(8/9), RB Darrell Ayanbadejo(7/8). We'll most definitely have our hands full. VT drives right down the field 80 yards for a touchdown. A few nice 3rd down conversions for VT allowed them to get the TD. 3rd and 10 draw, they get 11 yards. 3rd and 12 pass, 29 yard gain. We need to make those stops to stay in this game, or it's going to be a long one. We were driving down the field quite nicely until Delhomme threw a pick on 1st and 10 from the 50 yard line. 1st and 10 for VT on their 25 yard line now. Woop - 4 plays, 75 yards TD for VT. Damn. These guys are too good for us, obviously. 7 plays, 78 yards later we answer back with a TD of our own as the 1st quarter comes to an end. 14-7! Woot! Lets play some D now. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] 2 plays 81 yards...... *sigh* TD VT, 21-7 now just like that. We got burned again. I may just have to stay in pass defense all game just to prevent those and hope the DL can make some plays. We were able to make some defensive stops finally but nothing clicked on offense. VT settled for a field goal to make it 24-7 with five minutes to play in the half. VT gets the ball back before the end of the half and takes it in for another TD. 31-7. Damn. I wish I had a worser team to play. :) Halftime Score: 31-7 [b]3rd Quarter[/b] 38-7 after a 2 play drive which resulted in a 78 yard touchdown run. What the hell. LOL. Hah! Eat it. Tomich, 1 play later 75 yard touchdown catch. 38-13, we're back in it!! Missed the two. Going for two the rest of the way. That is, if I score ever again. 38-16 after a field goal by Bolden. 8:30 left to play in the 3rd quarter. 41-16 FG for VT. 48-16 - Letting the coordinators call the game now. Damn. [b]4th quarter[/b] Delhomme got PWNZRD by the Tech defense, throwing 7 picks. 55-16, TD VT 55-19, FG SDSU 58-19 final score as VT Kills us pretty badly. Overall not a very good game for us, as you can tell. Our defense needs to improve next season if we want to stay in next year's bowl game. Yeah, you heard me right, we're going again next season!! We were only outgained 410 to 724. Not too bad..... heh..... Delhomme had 330 yards with 2 Tds and 7 interceptions. Tomich had 6 receptions for 180 yards. I hope the scouts didn't see his performance and tell him to go Pro. That would be sad. Georgia defeated USC in the national championship game. So the Bulldogs are champs again. Back to back for them.

Archived