Coach Mau and his Career

[b]Week 5[/b] We've got the bye. We now have the #3 defense in the country along with the #28 offense. This is good enough for us to be ranked 26th in the GDCS Polls. [b]Week 6 @ 2-2 TCU[/b] - I don't know how, but TCU is favored by 20. A bye week allowed for the top two teams give up plenty of yards giving us the #1 spot in the nation defensively going into week 6! We'll have our hands full against TCU, that's for sure. We also move up to #20 in the GDCS Polls and #12 in the Computer polls! Nice. Rogers is 2nd in the country in YPG, averaging 177 YPG so far this season. We'll have to contain DeAndrew Beckham(9/10) if we want to win this game. That's all we have to do as that's all they have on offense. It will be a tough task though. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We stop TCU on their first drive, but Coleman gives the ball back after an interception. Thankfully, the defense came up big again forcing them to punt it back to us nearing midway through the 1st quarter. Rogers is now hurt. He had 5 carries for 0 yards so far. He's definitely out for the game. Damn. We go 9 plays, 58 yards before Ephraim nails a 44 yard field goal giving us the lead, 3-0 as time runs out in the 1st quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] We weren't able to stop the Horned Frogs until they got within our 10 yard line, where we held them to a 25 yard field goal. 5 minutes to play in the half. 3-3 TCU scores a touchdown with 30 seconds remaining in the half. The defense just could not come up with a big stop. No answers yet for Beckham so far. :( That will be the half with the score 10-3, TCU lead. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We need to do something with the ball to start the half. Hopefully Coleman can step it up a bit. We don't. Our defense still has no answer for the TCU offense as they get into the endzone again. 17-3 midway through the 3rd. We answer back with a 3 minute drive, 8 plays, 79 yards as Coleman hit Pace for a 23 yard touchdown pass and catch! 17-10 and its a game again. Still, we have no answer for the TCU offense until Abramowicz crushed Beckham in the backfield forcing a fumble, which the LB recovered! 1st down and 10 for the Aztecs on our 30 yard line now. A minute to go in the 3rd. [b]4th Quarter[/b] We have to punt it after coming up a yard short of the first down on our 39 yard line. We punt it to the 12 yard line though, giving TCU tough field position. After romping down the field yet again, TCU turned it over again, again it's Abramowicz who comes up with an interception this time! 1st down Aztecs on our 23 now. Coleman steps it up and takes a big hit as the Aztecs set up a flanker screen to Houston who took it 42 yards for the touchdown. I nearly said game tying touchdown but usually sure-handed Ephraim, missed the extra point. 17-16! Ugh. 9 minutes to go still. TCU has 467 yards of total offense this game, we just can't stop Beckham or the QB since we're so focused on the run. After just continuing to dominate on offense, TCU went down the field only to fumble it again, but this time they recovered, but not before they lost 6 yards on the play. They eventually punted it back to us with over 4 minutes to play to our 14 yard line. WE get a first down but have to punt the ball as the clock goes under 3 minutes. A nice return for TCU gives them the ball on their 41 yard line to start the drive. We were able to stop them, except a huge face masking penalty gave the Horned Frogs a first down. Currently we've got a 2nd and 11 to go with 2:22 on the clock. We've got one timeout left and the ball is on our 24 yard line. *huff and puff* We're able to hold them to fourth down where they nail a 40 yard field goal. The lead goes to 4, 20-16 forcing us to go the length of the field with no timeouts left and less than two minutes remaining. We face a critical 4th and 1 on our 44 yard line with just under a minute to play and that will be the end of the game as Coleman couldn't hit a wide open Houston on a quick out route. *sigh* 3-1 we go as we lose this one. That's the last game of the day for me as I've got to get ready for bed since I've got class tomorrow.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]Week 7 AT 4-2 BYU[/b] - BYU is favorites by 5 Despite a loss, we stay ranked in the GDCS Polls and also some votes in the media/coach's poll. This year's BYU team is pretty average, if not below average. They've got a decent OL, but that's about it, no outstanding skill players...but neither do I, so it may be a good game, but I still say we win comfortably despite having no RB Rogers for the game. [b]1st Quarter[/b] BYU gets on the board first with a quick touchdown. The defense continues to struggle. Our rank of 17 will continue to fall as we play better teams, I guess! :) 7-0 Denson receives a 12 yard touchdown pass from Coleman as we tie the ball game up midway through the first quarter. It looked like we were going to have to punt it earlier in the drive, but a 63 yard pass to Pace gives us a first down after 3rd and 15. 7-7 BYU comes right back with another six. 14-7 We come back with a 63 yard drive which ended with a 26 yard field goal from Ephraim to end the 1st quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] We've made a change on defense, and hopefully it'll pay off; otherwise we're going to have to make lots more changes. After two sackless games in a row, Dantzler comes up with his sixth sack of the season to bring up fourth down for the Cougars. This time we go 82 yards down the field for a 25 yard field goal. Can't get the touchdown within 10 yards for some reason. 14-13 with 8 minutes to play in the half. Coleman is nearing 200 yards passing on the day already. Erik Houston returned a BYU punt 67 yards for the touchdown to give us a 20-14 lead! Dantzler comes up big again on defense with a sack for a 13 yard loss this time! His 7th sack of the season. Just as the half nearly comes to an end, we were able to hold BYU to a field goal after they got to the 3 yard line. 20-17 with less than a minute to play in the half. We fumble the kickoff giving BYU another chance to get some points before the half comes to an end. My, oh, my! They get the ball down to the 1 yard line where they attempt a 19 yard field goal and miss it, leaving us with the lead as we head into the half. Coleman needs to continue his good game, 14 of 23 for 213 yards and a TD. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We take the ball all the way down the field through the perfect arm of Coleman who went 6 for 6 during the drive for 70 yards but Houston who caught a pass ran it 12 yards to the 1 yard line where he fumbled the ball into BYU hands! DAMN! 1st down for BYU. BYU takes advantage of the turnover and goes 80+ yards for the touchdown. 24-20. [b]4th Quarter[/b] We can't get anything going on offense which allowed BYU good field position. The result is a touchdown for the Cougars taking a 31-20 lead with 11 minutes to play. After having to punt the ball thanks to a holding penalty after getting a first down on fourth down, BYU held the ball for a few minutes before finally punting it back with less than 4 minutes to play in the game with the score still 31-20. We turn the ball over on downs allowing BYU to get another field goal making it 34-20 with two+ minutes to go. We finally get something going with less than a minute to play, a 54 yard touchdown catch after a defensive breakdown. 34-27 with 46 seconds to go. We'll need the onside kick. I'd have a better chance if the stupid running time on extra points didn't happen, we're at 38 seconds now. Well, we could have gotten the ball back with a better clock management system, we had all three timeouts left and the clock runs out. There's no way that more than 20 seconds runs out f'real, but ah, well. It's a text game, can't expect everything to be perfect. 34-27 final, BYU wins and we're off to a horrible run now, 3-2 on the season after a nice 3-0 start. I'm guessing the loss of Joseph for a few weeks doesn't help, but he couldn't have made that much of an impact to go from #1 to #23 in defense in just two weeks. The polls won't be liking us much after that letdown. We lose despite 348 yards passing for Coleman, but we were held under 100 yards rushing, so that hurts. A much needed bye week coming up.

[b]Week 9 vs 5-2 Utah[/b] - Utes by 20 Ouch, Utah looks to win their 4th in a row against us as we look to break a 2 game losing streak. Vegas has us losing by 20 points, which I think is a little too much, but we'll see. We're still miraculously hanging in the polls with a few votes, so a few wins and we'll be back into the mix of things. Rogers will likely be coming back for next weeks game, so he'll have missed only two games on the season, which is two more than we wanted, but that's all right. Utah is a lot better than us offensively, they bring some good receivers and a great back to the game. We're going to have a tough time stopping these guys. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Two completions, 20 yards for Coleman, except on the 2nd completion, RB Monroe fumbled the ball in our territory where Utah recovered. Great start! Him and Denson lose their jobs for the year. They both will be backing up Graham for the rest of the season until Rogers gets back. Graham's a slow back, but he's a good runner. Sylvester Smith(8/10) is the man to stop on Utah, he's a great running back with lots of talent. We were able to hold Utah to a 49 yard field goal as they gain 9 yards on the drive. 3-0 early on. We get the ball down to the 4 yard line for 4th and 2. Because it's such a big game, we decide to just kick the field goal to get the sure 3. 3-3 midway through the 1st quarter. Reese last year was the only running back who didn't have that big of a problem holding onto the football, but other than that everyone we've had fumbles like a mad man. Graham fumbles deep in our territory after a niec first down gain. Utah ball in our red zone. Yipee. RB Smith gets into the endzone on a 6 yard touchdown run. 10-3 Utah as the 1st quarter comes to an end. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] It's Coleman's turn to fumble it on our next drive. Utah ball again in our territory, this time on the 33 yard line. Utah turns it over on downs as they go for it on 4th and 1 only to get stuffed in the backfield! Whew! That's the kind of play we needed. Doesn't matter as we try to catch Utah off guard by going deep, and it didn't as Coleman throws an interception for our 4th turnover of the half. But, we do come up with a defensive stop, getting the ball back on our 17 yard line after a punt. We convert a big 4th and 11 play on our 38 yard line with a nice 12 yard screen pass play. Whew! With 5 minutes to play in the half we come up on another 4th down call, this time on the 11 yard line, 4th and 1. Probably a mistake, but we go for it and fail to get the first down. Sad. LB Michael Dawkins comes up with an interception to halt Utah's drive in our red zone to keep the score at 10-3 as we go into the half. Dumb DUMB ME! I just thought I'd see what happens if we passed it once... picked off and returned for a touchdown with 20 seconds left in the half. 17-3 and we're screwed now. I'm dizzy. guh. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We stop Utah to a long three and out(Utah had 3 penalties for 25 yards total) and get the ball back where we drove down the field and eventually Coleman hit FB Williams with a 1 yard strike for six points. 17-10. The drive consisted of 54 yards on the ground, so good to see we can still run the ball without Rogers. We come up with a 4th and 1 after we couldn't get a yard on 3rd down. We've got the ball on the Utah 29 yard line. I don't feel good about kicking a field goal, but I do anyways. Ephraim nails the 47 yarder to make it 17-13(should be 13-10, huh? LOL) We're outgaining Utah 311-157 so far this game, Utah has been getting lucky with the short field position, but that's the way football goes. 3 minutes to play in the 3rd. Which of course after the kickoff, Utah gets the ball in our territory after a nice return. But SS Wynn comes up with a pick on 3rd down and 7, it would have been a 3 and out anyways on an incomplete pass. We're absolutely killing them defensively...now if our offense can come up big here. 5 plays 59 yards later Graham fumbles it for the 2nd time today and loses it. Utah gets the ball back on their 3 yard line! The offense was clicking. ****! No more running. I don't know how much longer the defense will hold Utah, but they do. Giving us the ball back as the fourth quarter gets rolling. [b]4th Quarter[/b] We don't get anything going after one first down at mid field, punting it 44 yards to the 5 yard line for Utah, 1st and 10. Still 11 minutes to play with the score still 17-13 Utah lead. 24-13 as Utah moves down the field effortlessly for a touchdown. I knew we'd eventually not be able to stop them. After a great return to the Utah 40 yard line, we set up a play action curl pass that broke down but Pace sprinted down field to get open where Coleman hit him for a 32 yard pass to move us into 1st and Goal with over 7 minutes to play. Not dead yet! A costly first down holding penalty on the tight end makes us go to the air more than we wanted too, forcing us to kick a field goal eventually. Ephraim MISSED it left from 36 yards out. Atta boy. That about ends it with under 6 minutes to go. HOuston comes up big again this week with a 69 yard punt return for a touchdown with over 4 minutes to play! I accidently clicked TIMEOUT once too only leaving us with two timeouts as we near the end of the ball game. I wanted to go for two, but just in case Utah gets down the field for a field goal I wanted to be able to tie it up that way. 24-20, 4 to play. Utah tries to catch us off guard while we blitz all expecting a run and goes deep, but falls incomplete leaving them with a costly 2nd and 10 with the clock stopped. Woot! They do pass again! This time they complete it for a 23 yard gain. Damn. Gutsy coach I tell ya. 6 yard losso n the next running play. 2nd and 16 now. Ah, boo after two little gains Utah had 4th down on the 33 yard line where they NAILED the 51 yard field goal. 27-20 with just under two minutes to go. Still alive! We go 0 for 3 on the next three plays on our 20 yard line to make it 4th and 10 with less than a minute to go. Pffft. Here we go. Incomplete. We lose another close one, this one could have been avoided too, had I made a better decision at the end of the 1st half. The final is 30-20 as Utah kicked a field goal with 5 seconds to play. *******s. We move to 3-3 and I now predict that we win out just because there aren't any more tough games except a 6-1 New Mexico who's played nobody and could lose out. Hopefully Rogers is back next week, we need him back badly.

[b]Week 10 AT 3-4 UNLV[/b] - We can't afford to lose another game anytime soon as it would be detrimental to me. We're favored 2 points in this one. Rogers will not be starting this week, but may see some action, but likely not as we should handle the Rebels with ease. [b]1st Quarter[/b] The Rebels take advantage of a Coleman interception and go 14 yards on 5 plays for the touchdown. 7-0 nearing the end of the 1st quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] A pretty pitiful 2nd quarter as nobody gets even a chance at some more points. The rest of the 1st half is scoreless after a first quarter TD by UNLV. 7-0 at the half. 188-131 UNLV is outgaining us so far. We've got 11 carries for 32 yards so far, yipee. Rebels ball to start the half. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We finally catch a break as UNLV fumbles the ball and we get it on the 27 yard line of the Rebels. Yay We gain a grand total of two yards and miss a 49 yard field goal. Still 7-0. With under 8 minutes to go in the 3rd, UNLV gets their 2nd touchdown of the afternoon. 14-0! Our offense rocks...not. The freshman quarterback, Coleman can't connect to anything, with nearly all of the passes being short ones. He's 8 of 26 on the day. Great game. TWo minutes later we kick a field goal to make it 14-3. Coleman finally made some completions, four of them for 49 yards. Our defense can't really make a stop, but on a 3rd and 10 where UNLV gained 6 yards to move to our 23 yard line but got called for a hold, we took the penalty and it paid off as they only get 4 yards on the next play. They go ahead and miss the 45 yard field goal. Still 13-3 as we near the end of the 3rd quarter. *woah, I just looked at this paragraph again and I need more periods... lol...but I'll leave it as is to confuse everyone* WoW! We run a short route that turns into a broken play and Houston went zipping down the field where Coleman hit him on the run and he took it to the house. 73 yard touchdown pass, one play, 8 seconds, TOUCHDOWN! 13-10. [b]4th Quarter[/b] LB Jue recovers a fumble and returns it 37 yards to the UNLV 13 yard line, giving us 1st and 10! 13 minutes to go yet. Coleman has been showing all season that he can run the ball pretty well and he shows it off here where he scrambles 13 yards for the touchdown. 17-13 just like that. Jue comes up big again on defense as he returns an interception for 17 yards to the Rebels 40 yard line. The pass was lofted about 45 yards down field where Jue picked it off, heh.. The Rebels starting to get desperate already. 1st and 10! Alston gets a 6 yard touchdown reception from Coleman who's now having a damn good game after his worthless 8 of 26 start. He's now 18 of 40 with 274 yards and 2 TDs. 10 completions in his last 14 attempts, that's more like it. 24-13 with 7 minutes remaining in the ball game. Our defense continues to look poorly overall as they give up a 15 yard pass on 3rd and 5 for the touchdown. Someone missed an assignment which allowed for the TD to make it 24-19(missed 2) with still four minutes to go. We get some strong running from Graham and Monroe who both carry it 51 yards for four first downs to ice this game up. The final score is 24-19. What a big comeback and win for us. We move to 4-3 now, and will still be alive for a decent bowl game. Coleman finished with 280 yards and 2 TDs. Jue had an interception and fumble recovery.

[b]Week 11 vs 5-5 Air Force[/b] - Aztecs favored by 3. We finish out the season now with 5 straight games at home. Nice. I didn't even realize that. We should be able to beat Air Force this year after losing last season in a OT thriller. Rogers will get some handoffs in the backup spot, other than that, not much else as he's still hurting a little. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Air Force's average offense goes 80 yards for a touchdown to start off the game. Our defense continues to struggle against average offenses. 7-0 just like that. Graham... benched after having a nice start of 4 carries and 37 yards, but on his 4th carry of 8 yards he fumbled it in AF's red zone. Rogers will start gettign the bulk of the carries with Monroe helping him out. Coleman connects with Alston from one yard out for the game tying touchdown as the first quarter comes to an end. 7-7 [2nd quarter[/b] Air Force answers abck with a field goal, making it 10-7 early in the 2nd. Coleman throws his 2nd touchdown pass of the game this time to Pace from 9 yards out. 9 plays, 85 yard touchdown, 74 of them in the air. 14-10. Alston gets his 4th touchdown catch of the year from Coleman who gets his 3rd TD pass of the game. Nice game for the true freshman. 21-10 with 2:30 left in the half. We get the ball back on our 19 yard line with just under 2 minutes to go in the half and we decide that since we're rolling that we might as well go for another score and on the first play, play action pass to Alston who catches it for a 43 yard gain to get us into Air Force territory. Coleman leads us all the way to the 10 yard line with 8 seconds left where Ephraim kicks a 28 yard field goal to make it 24-10 at halftime. 22 of 31 for 268 yards for Coleman at the half. Impressive. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Ephraim gets his field goal block as we take the drive 74 yards down the field. Ephraim sucks this year compared to last. He's not making a good impression for those NFL scouts this year, 14 of 20 this season. Damn him. 24-10 still. 24-17 after a 3rd and 10 touchdown pass for 54 yards. Great defense in the secondary[/sarcasm[/]. That's a glaring need that will be solved in the off season, hopefully. Ephraim gets on better terms with me as he hits a 51 yard field goal to take a 10 point lead. 27-17 as we near the end of the 3rd quarter. [b]4th Quarter[/b] We've got 3rd and 15 with 5 minutes to go and we do a play action corner pass which works wonderfully as the defense bit on the fake, Coleman then hit Murphy on the numbers who took care of the rest running it 65 yards for the touchdown. 4th touchdown of the day for Coleman which makes it 34-17. Air Force gets a touchdown and the game would finish at 34-24. Coleman had an excellent game. 33-47, 404 yards, 4 TDs, no interceptions. His best game of his young career by far. Monroe proved to be a great backup running back, running it 11 times for -9 yards. Rogers was a help running the ball, and he should get the bulk next week. He ran it 21 times for 61 yards. At one point he had 12 carries for 59 yards. The defense just keyed on the running game once it got to be a 17 point ball game. We move to 5-3 and things are looking up again. 3-3 in conference play doesn't look great, but it's good for fourth, but we still play two guys ahead of us, CSU and New Mexico, both of whom we should kill now that Rogers is back full time...hopefully.

[b]Week 12 vs 0-8 Wyoming[/b] - Favored by 15, we are. I should win this game by 100, but I'll settle with a 10 point win too. If this game goes the way it should, I'm going to whizz through it, otherwise you'll get detail if it stays close. Rogers is 100% healthy, so we'll be seeing him alllll game. Our offense rank is 36th in the nation and defense is still pretty good at 33! NOt too shabby, eh. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Rogers takes our first drive in his hands as he gets 9 carries for 33 yards. He kept getting 3-4 yards every time so I gave it to him all drive until he came out which was at the 2 yard line where Coleman hit Houston in the end zone for a 2 yard touchdown pass. 7-0. 3rd and 5 for us on the 29 yard line, we set up a screen to Rogers who juked out a few defenders and raced up the side line for a 71 yard touchdown catch! 14-0 midway through the 1st quarter. Not going to be typing much more as I'm goign to try speeding things up. I will still call the plays as I've been bitten in the ass in the past when I hand things over to the OC. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Wyoming gets a touchdown as they go for it on 4th and goal from the 2. 14-7 at the start of the 2nd quarter. Coleman continues his near perfect(8/10, 131 yards, 3 TDs) game going.. 21-7 as Coleman hit Pace from 14 yards out. Ephraim nails a field goal as time expires in the half. We got the ball back at midfield after Wyoming went for it on 4th and 2 and got BOOOOOMED(sacked) giving us the ball back with 24 seconds left. 24-7 at the half. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Ephraim starts out the 2nd half with another field goal. 27-7. We get it back on the 45 yard line of WYO. The first play we go to the air with a short pass(I swear) and Pace breaks a tackle and takes it all the way for a 45 yard touchdown play. 34-7. I'm going to bench my starters very soon.. Still early in the 3rd quarter it is. Coleman's got 4 TDs. Nice. We get the ball back as Wyoming fumbles it on their first play of the drive.... Oops. Rogers needs two carries(3 except he got a gain of 0 on one of them), one for 13 yards and the 2nd a 10 yard touchdown run to make it 41-7...8 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Didn't I say something about winning by 100? Hmm. I've got ahead and benched all the players who were slightly hurt, which happened to be one player, Joseph, the linebacker who's now back from his injury. Looks like he makes all the difference! Rogers is now benched, 19 carries for 88 yards for the big guy. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Wyoming just surpassed the 200 yard mark on the day. But nothing happens for a while until a 17 play drive for 54 yards that resulted in a 40 yard field goal for Ephraim to make it 44-7. Coleman runs in a touchdown from 7 yards out on 3rd and goal. 51-7 with less than two minutes to go. Wyoming gets some more yards to total up to 280 yards on the day. Good defense today as we win 51-7! The defense forced three turnovers, Dantzler gets his 8th sack while Clark had two sacks making it THREE on the season. What a weak season for Triplett(4 sacks) and Clark. Coleman finished 15 of 22 for 229 yards, 4 TD passes, 1 TD run. Yowza! We move to 6-3 and get our 3rd consecutive bowl bid! Woohoo. Way to go Aztecs.

[b]Week 13 News[/b] Cecil Coleman is named as an award finalist for the Golden Arm Award! Nice! Coleman's stats through 9 games: 209 of 333(62.8%) completions 2564 yards 21 TDs, 7 INTs 144.0 Rating Pretty impressive for a true freshman, no? His yards are good for 17th best in the country, too. He's still got three relatively easy games to improve his totals! :)

[b]Week 13 vs 5-4 New Mexico[/b] - We're favored by 3. With a win and a Colorado State loss, we could still get 2nd place! So we're going to be rooting for Air Force to beat 'em this week. This game should be much like the Wyoming game except we probably won't score that much. :) [b]1st Quarter[/b] On the first drive, DE Triplett finally comes alive as he sacks the QB and forces a fumble which Clark recovered! We get nothing and turn it over on downs but CB Dawson gets it back with an interception. We give the ball back as we converted a 3rd and long, but WR Houston fumbled it giving it back to NM. Both QB's struggle throughout the first quarter but New Mexico finally strikes first with a field goal at the end of the 1st quarter, 3-0. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Ephraim ties it up with a 44 yard field goal. 12 minutes to play in the half, 3-3. New Mexico fumbles the return giving us the ball back on the 12 yard line! Matt Rogers gets into the end zone from 1 yard out. 10-3. Good game for Rogers so far, 15 carries for 75 yards. New Mexico hits a 51 yard field goal with under two minutes left in the half. 10-6. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We start the 2nd half with a field goal as Rogers gets back to his normal ways clearing the 100 yard mark on the day so far. 13-6. Our defense melts down up to the point where they held them in the red zone to three points. 13-9 midway through the 3rd quarter. Rogers shows off his all around game by catching one from Coleman and taking it all the way down the field for a 41 yard touchdown. I didn't even realize he was in the spread formation. Nice. 19-9(EPHRAIM! JERK FACE). Coleman's numbers are finally improving a little. 12 of 24 with a touchdown and no picks, 156 yards. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Our defense, run defense to be specific, gave up 60 yards on that drive that allowed New Mexico to pull within three, 19-16 now. Coleman throws a pick in NM territory, but it's returned 10 yards to bring it back to midfield. Aaaarggh. 11 minutes to play. Thankfully, New Mexico misses the 51 yard field go to tie it up. We get the ball back with 8 minutes to play now. We're forced to punt once we get to midfield. We punt 51 yards for the touchback. 6 minutes to go. Triplett comes up with a huge sack on 2nd and 6 at mid field, the sack was for a 7 yard loss. 3rd and 13 coming up on the NM 48 which they throw an incomplete passing, forcing them to punt it back to us. 4 minutes to go now, 1st down and 10 for us at the 9 yard line following the punt. The New Mexico defense comes up big not allowing any first downs, we punt it back to them with 2:38 left. Ball on the NM 41 yard line, 1st down. 21 yard gain. 1st and 10 - incomplete 2nd - incomplete 3rd - Scott Jue sack!! Woot. 4th and 11 on the 39 yard line of SDSU - AAAAGH! TOUCHDOWN New Mexico, 39 yards out! What in the hell happened? 23-19, New Mexico leads, 1:21 left in the game.... New Mexico wins it as we choke... Two scrambles for Coleman for no yards and a pass completion for 0 yards ends the game. Unbelievable finish. 6-4(4-4) now as we finish quite possibly 5th place. We do finish 5th as CSU ended up losing, and they tie with 3 teams for 3rd place, including New Mexico. UGH. What a horrible season this has been. We've still got two more games against SJSU and Idaho, which should be very easy games... I just can't believe this performance.

[b]Week 14 vs 5-5 SJSU[/b] - We're favored by 2 SJSU has a great WR, but that's about it. WR P.J. Peterson will look to run deep on our piss poor secondary all game. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Safety Wynn denies Peterson a deep ball by pickin it off and returning it 17 yards! Woot. Coleman, uh, gives the ball back after trying to go deep himself. First down for SJSU on the SJSU 10 yard line now. There goes any chance of getting the Golden Arm award for the young kid. Maybe in the next three seasons. SJSU scores a touchdown to take a 7-0 lead with four minutes to play in the 1st. We come right back with a good drive that ends with an Ephraim field goal making it 7-3. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Jue makes a nice interception to give us the ball back with 10 minutes to go in the half. Coleman continues to redeem himself since the interception in the 1st quarter, he gets his first TD of the game this one to FB Williams. 10-7 with 5 minutes to play in the half. We get the ball back with just over a minute to go after a 4th and 2 fumble which we recovered on the 24 yard line. Let's go Coleman! C'mon baby. We get two tries on goal line tries after driving it 78 yards where we failed to get into the end zone. Ephraim hits the 21 yard field goal to give us a 13-7 lead going into the half. Coleman is impressive thus far, 17 of 22, 188 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Not only did SJSU get the lead to start the 2nd half, they really took the lead once we fumbled the kickoff which they returned for a touchdown giving them a quick 21-13 lead after 15 seconds! OOUUUUCH! Hudson receives a pass from Coleman from five yards out for the touchdown catch. 21-19 as we kick the extra point to make it 21-20. That'll be the end of the 3rd quarter. Rogers ran the ball lots of times and got 51 yards rushing during the drive pushing him over 100 yards on the day. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Wonsley comes up with an interception as SJSU tries to go 50 yards into the endzone. 1st and 10 at the 20. Cecil Coleman hits HOuston in the end zone for the touchdown from 3 yards out! What a drive! What a drive! 43 yards on the ground for Rogers and 37 in the air for Coleman. What a balanced kick ass drive to give us the lead back. We go for 2 and get it to make it a 7 point game. 28-21 with 7 minutes to play in the game. SJSU kicks a 37 yard field goal with 3 and a half left in the game only to miss it giving us the ball back! Woohoo! SJSU will get the ball back with a minute to play and two timeouts at the 22 yard line after a good punt from Plum, probably his only good one all year.. lol it was only 47 yards, but still, he's stunk all year long. This game ends interestingly as SJSU was able to get into our territory but after that nothing happened except two sacks by our defense, one of them Triplett, giving him 7 on the season. 28-21 is the final after a stupid 14 point swing that nearly cost us the ball game, but we overcame that and won it. 26-34 262, 3 TDs, 1 INT for Coleman. Impresive as hell, that high %. Rogers finished with 31 carries for 150 yards. Good to have him when he's healthy, holy cow. 7-4 now. Looks a heckuva lot better than 6-5. ;)

[b]Week 15 vs 1-9 Idaho[/b] - We're favored 18 points. Going to quickly get this one over with. I hope to win by at least 21. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Houston receives a punt from Idaho after they went 3 and out and took it to the house giving us a quick 7-0 lead. We get it back after a Dawson interception and Ephraim hit a field goal to make it 10-0. Idaho answers back with a touchdown making it 10-7. We get another field goal before the 1st quarter comes to an end. 13-7 thanks to the legs of Rogers who has 10 carries for 67 yards already. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Before the half ends scoreless, we finally get something going and Coleman got a screen pass out to Rogers who took it all the way for the touchdown from 42 yards out. 20-7, three minutes to go in the half.. We get another shot at a score as we get the ball back near midfield with 1:14 on the clock. Coleman moves the ball down the field nicely and we get 3 more points before the half comes to a close. 23-7. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] 26-7 as Ephraim hits another field goal. Rogers gets hurt a little, so we take him out to save him for the bowl game. He finishes with 19 carries for 123 yards. Coleman connects with Pace from 12 yards out for the Touchdown, making it 33-7. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Ephraim gets another field goal, his fifth, 36-7. Houston gets another touchdown from Coleman, 43-7. 5 minutes to go...yes I tried to get Coleman another TD.. heheh.. it was 3rd and goal from the 7 tho..I'm not going to run it :) We keep Idaho under 200 yards, nearly under 150 until they got a 25 yard gain on their final drive. That should help our defensive ranking as we win 43-7 in a route of Idaho.

[b]End of Regular Season Stats and Notes[/b] - Stats attached. We finish the season a respectable 8-4. Coleman, easily the team MVP led us the way when Rogers became hurt, who could have easily been the team MVP had that not happened. But that's the way it goes. Coleman nearly came out with the Golden Arm Award. 3268 yards, 28 TDs, 9 INTs, plus 2 rushing touchdowns. Rogers finished with a respectable season, gaining 1081 yards in just 7 starts, and two games where he was a backup. We nearly got back into the top 25, but missed out. A win could possibly put us into the top 25, maybe. [b]All American - 3rd Team[/b] Fr QB Cecil Coleman! Oooh, yeah. Stud man makes 3rd team. [b]MWC - 1st Team[/b] - POY Year in MWC - Fr QB CECIL COLEMAN! (Also named Freshman of the year). Fr QB Cecil Coleman, of course. Jr WR Houston - 853 yards, 8 TDs. Sr OT Boobie Bland - After having such an awful first three seasons, Bland finally steps up and has a good senior year. Sr Kicker Ben Ephraim - 28 of 34 after a rusty start. [b]2nd Team MWC[/b] Jr RB Matt Rogers - Coulda been first team with a full season, ah well! **** happens. Good year for the kid anyhow. Sr FS George Williams - 75 tackles, 4 INTs Jr DE Seth Triplett - 7 sacks [b]3rd Team[/b] Sr DE Dantzler - 8 sacks, 7 sacks in the first 5 games then nothing after that pretty much. Loser. So CB Fred Dawson - 2 Ints, 12 pass deflections A good year for our players. Our defense finishes ranked 19th in the nation and 42nd offensively. Definitely our best season numbers-wise. Let's finish it off with a bowl win! [b]Bowl Bound[/b] We're going to the Charlotte Bowl where we'll face North Carolina! North Carolina got screwed out of a better bowl, as they're 10-2 and ranked 12th in the country. Ouch, looks like I'll have to wait another year to win a bowl game.

[b]Bowl Game vs 10-2 North Carolina[/b] - Tar Heels favorites by 11 After looking more closely at the UNC squad, I really like our chances. We're better at the QB and WR positions, along with our OL. Our DL will be able to make some plays while or OL should be able to dominate up front. The only problem will be tryin to stop the running back in So RB R.J. Ware(6/10). Denson will be out for this game, but that's okay because I don't like him anyways. Rogers is good to go along with Dantzler who is banged up a little. We also move Smith to backup Abramowicz who will get the start today after noticing how many stinkin' out of position plays Smith had. I can't afford too many mistakes today. The team that makes the least mistakes, will win today! [b]1st Quarter[/b] UNC started out with the ball. We hold them to three and out barely as on 3rd and 11 they gained 10 yards. 1st and 10 for us at the 33 yard line on our end. Rogers gets 33 yards on the ground on 6 carries, which is good enough to get us into field goal position where Ephraim makes the 39 yarder. 3-0! 10 minutes to play in the 1st. RB Ware comes back with 61 yards on the ground for UNC but they come up short of the endzone and settle for a field goal that ties it up at 3-3. 4 minutes to go in the 1st quarter. We have to punt it to UNC as the 1st quarter expires. We came up just short of the first down. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Ware breaks a 46 yard touchdown catch and run on a screen play giving North Carolina a 10-3 lead early on in the 2nd quarter. We punt again as Coleman can't get anything going. 3 and out. This time it's a tight end screen play that burns us on 3rd down, a 45 yard gain that puts UNC in the red zone. 3rd and 7 on the 17 yard line and the QB scrambles for UNC who breaks it open and scores a touchdown. 17-3. Ouch. Nice play though. Ugh, another three and out as nothing is working on 3rd and short for us. UNC goes 3 and out right after that, so we've got the ball back now with 8 minutes to go on our 11 yard line. 3 'n out again for us, now UNC gets good field position at their 48 yard line to start. 5 minutes to go in the half. We need another big stop here on defense. We do get a big stop, three and out and a punt that goes into the end zone for a touchback. We need to get something going on offense now! The defense did their part, Coleman needs to do his. Show America that All-American player from the regular season. 3:55 left in the half. Rogers keeps getting eaten up as he loses yards on a few plays. He's got 13 carries for 30 yards in the game. Coleman isn't doing much better with 6 of 14 for 50 yards. We punt it away again with 1:55 on the clock. We get the ball back, but do nothing with it and go into the half down 17-3. We're not out of it at all. We've shown signs of life at times on offense and defense. All we need to do is come up with a big turnover some time in the 2nd half and we'll be right back in it. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We get good field position to start the 2nd half, bringing it up to our 43 yard line. We get one yard before having to punt it. The punt is downed on the 7 yard line. Lets make a big stop! Let's go D! Let's go D! 3 and out for UNC as they punt it back to us to the 45 where Houston returns it 5 yards to the UNC 40 yard line. Great field position! AGH! Coleman scrambles and fumbles it for the 8th time this season, 4th lost fumble and it's UNC ball after great field position. It was the first play of the drive, hot damn. North Carolina not able to do much with the ball punting it back to us and we get the ball back at the 28 yard line. On 3rd and 1 at midfield we run the first QB sneak of the year and it seems to have caught UNC off guard as we gain 20 yards on it. Hmm. I should've done this earlier in the year.. lmao 1st down at the 30 yard line of UNC now. Oooh, my.. After a nice pass and catch Murphy fumbles it into the arms of the UNC defenders. Now I really need to catch a break. C'mon BBCF! Give me a break! LOL Thanks BBCF! The next play from scrimmage, DE Clark gets into the backfield and nails the FB of UNC and knocks the ball loose, giving us the ball back one play later on the 22 yard line. Aaaaahhh.. I knew I shouldn't have thrown it on first down. Picked off UNC. What on Earth. 3 plays, 3 Turnovers in a row. 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter and still no scoring in the 2nd half so far. UNC gets down the field a bit, far enough to attempt a 57 yard field goal on 4th and 5 which is BLOCKED! ...... "Offsides, defense. First down" Are you kidding me!?!? The defense still holds them to a field goal as the score goes to 20-3 with over a minute to go in the 3rd quarter. [b]4th Quarter[/b] The game is over after a 56 yard screen pass touchdown play. Damn! 27-3 Tarheels with 11 minutes to go. I've not seen such bad luck in one game before. We finally get on the board in the 2nd half with a 48 yard field goal from Ephraim. 27-6. 30-6 after a UNC field goal with 2 minutes to play. That would be the final as we can't get into the end zone as the clock runs out. What a piss poor way to end the season. We played so awful it's not even funny. We got no breaks. Offsides, I mean, seriously! Booooo REFS! They were obvoiusly ACC referees. Heh. Coleman finished 16 of 40 for 206 yards and a pick. Poor. Rogers had 18 carries for 48 yards. Pathetic. That does it. It might be the end for me at San Diego State. I'm sick of this luck. If I get a good offer I'm prolly going to take it, despite the fact that I want to see Coleman again next season. He may be reason enough to stick around for another year. Damn. See you all next year.

[b]2012[/b] [b]EVALUATION[/b] Team Performance: C Talent: D Recruiting: F Board Expectations: B Prestige: B Overall: C (Again) Air Force offers us a job again - Declined. TCU - Declined Army - Declined Nothing worth changing schools this year. Bummer. I guess I get to see Coleman try for the Heisman ;) [b]New Coach[/b] We get the former DC of VT, Luckman, to come be our DC this year. [b]Transfers[/b] Wow, tons of kids want to be an Aztec this year. Not just bad player, but GOOD players. We offer 6 kids scholarships to play here. All of them are VERY HIGH's! Hopefully I can get one or two, that would be awesome as they have potential ratings of 7 and 8's! We go into the last week with still 6 shots at good players! Annnd, the emails come flooding in. Transfers elsewhere. Transfers elsewhere. Transfers elsewhere. Transfers elsewhere. Transfers elsewhere. Transfers elsewhere. Dang, not one of the six good players. Recruiting should go lots better this year as I have 4 times the amount of scholarships and money to offer the recruits. Last year was a weird year, I guess.

[b]Recruiting[/b] [b]1st Week[/b] We get our first GREEN player to be interested in us. He's a strong safety by the name of Paul Blake. 10 interest, the only green guy that interested in us until 7 interest where we have a BLUE WR, Terrell Baker. Wow. SS Paul Blake also happens to be the player who really wants to come here because we were his favorite team when he lived in San Diego before moving out to Rhode Island. Nice. We should definitely get him. This could be our biggest recruiting year yet! It's our scouting week, so nothing happens here. [b]2nd Week[/b] Nothing happened, but we've started to recruit players quite heavily. With some luck we'll start signing them within the next few weeks. [b]3rd Week[/b] Pretty boring week once again, but we're definitely gaining interest in some players. [b]Week 4[/b] Players committing to San Diego State Players recruited that committed to other schools OT Leon Adams - Fresno State TE JT Dawson - San Jose State QB Lamar Shelton - Hawaii DT Dennis Leaf - Washington We lose a few players that we were recruiting. That's a real bummer. At least I found out this week that Air Force lost a player to the NFL Draft. They're going to be hurting even more next season. Tee-hee. [b]Week 5[/b] - I'm going start recruiting running backs like mad after this week. I'm going to also focus on getting some DE's/DT's as I lose two of my three starting DL. Triplett is a senior this year so we'll definitely be needing help after this season. We lose more recruits to that stinkin' SJSU school. Jerks! Players committing to San Diego State Players recruited that committed to other schools OT Al Hunter - Brigham Young FS Solomon Lyman - Iowa State DE Kurt Moore - San Jose State QB Eric Rivera - San Jose State OT Bobby Johnson - Cincinnati

[b]Week 6[/b] - This has been the worst recruiting season in terms of the amount of guys I'm losing that I was really going after. I'm hitting them in the right spot for recruiting, but they just don't like me, I guess. At least SJSU didn't take any of my guys. I've also lost Blake as a potential recruit. He's got no more interest in coming here, sadly. Players committing to San Diego State Players recruited that committed to other schools RB Frank Papale - Wisconsin WR Terrell Baker - Utah ILB Hakim Harrison - Stanford K R.Jay Beebe - Utah ILB Ricky Kattus - Illinois OG Trent Dantzler - Stanford WR Reggie Comella - Utah State WR Sam McCutcheon - Hawaii OLB Mitch Brown - Boise State QB Jim Bergey - Miss State [b]Week 7[/b] This is it. We better sign at least five guys this week, or there is something wrong with SDSU that I don't know about. Sheesh. The list of lost players just keeps growing as we lose a bunch more. Players committing to San Diego State Players recruited that committed to other schools FS Tremain Davis - Boise State WR Bob VanNote - San Jose State QB Brady Porter - Mississippi ILB Jason Brackens - Bowling Green ILB Terry Pickard - South Carolina CB John McCaffrey - Colorado State C Glen Williams - Fresno State RB Richard Okeafor - Stanford

[b]Week 8[/b] Tough recruiting class to get this year. I can't sign anybody and I'm really hurting at a few positions such as DE, DT, CB and RB(Beyond Rogers). I really need to get a few this week. Well, we get a first few players. Players committing to San Diego State WR George Moss FS Tony Stingley Players recruited that committed to other schools ILB Lou Phillips - Stanford ILB Ben Blankenship - Western Michigan FS Travis Carter - Stanford CB Fred Harris - Arizona QB Mike Marion - Boise State CB Jon Wilson - Nevada-Las Vegas Both Stingley and Moss will be playing at one point in their career, they're both 3 star players. Both athletes as well. [b]Week 9[/b] We still have the potential to sign 13 guys, all of who are interested in us with 10! C'mon. Come to SDSU! We're going to win a national championship(you think they'll fall for that?). We get quite possibly the biggest signing of the year with the RB, Carlson. We also don't lose any players of importance. We also get a good kicker to backup Sr Bernard(6/6) and step in as a starter next season. Players committing to San Diego State K Terry Turner RB Lamar Carlson Players recruited that committed to other schools SS Paul Blake - Maryland WR Bob Rodgers - Arizona State CB Bill Hearst - New Mexico [b]Final Week[/b] I sense a huge week coming up for us. We're going to get 8 guys, I predict....please! Players committing to San Diego State WR Gabe Bates CB Onterrio Hill QB Charles Waters CB Vinny Hope SS Junior Craig FS James Stephens QB I.M. Meade CB Nick Mills ILB Anthony O'Connell ILB Chris Hill Players recruited that committed to other schools RB Itula Cullors - Texas K Mike Toneff - California-LA WR Gene Pendergrass - Fresno State ILB Mike Davis - Boise State I was close with my guess, but we got 10 guys. No DE's or DT's as you can notice. Bummer. We'll have to rely on our bad one's this year. RB Lamar Carlson was listed as a 3 star player, but now he's a 2 star player.. dang. FS Tony Stingley, 3-stars Lincoln (Lincoln, AR) National Rank: 897, Regional: 200, Position: 46 CB Vinny Hope, 3-stars Bishop Garcia Diego (Santa Barbara, CA) National Rank: 1073, Regional: 212, Position: 109 QB Charles Waters, 3-stars Paramount (Paramount, CA) National Rank: 716, Regional: 132, Position: 67 ILB Chris Hill, 3-stars Thibodaux (Thibodaux, LA) National Rank: 1557, Regional: 347, Position: 99 WR George Moss, 3-stars Etna (Etna, CA) National Rank: 681, Regional: 124, Position: 66 WR Gabe Bates, 3-stars Gonzales (Gonzales, CA) National Rank: 818, Regional: 163, Position: 96 K Terry Turner, 3-stars Menlo-Atherton (Atherton, CA) National Rank: 383, Regional: 61, Position: 13 QB I.M. Meade, 3-stars Drummond (Drummond, MT) National Rank: 560, Regional: 93, Position: 43 SS Junior Craig, 2-stars Galileo Academy (San Francisco, CA) National Rank: 813, Regional: 161, Position: 43 FS James Stephens, 2-stars Saratoga (Saratoga, CA) National Rank: 1052, Regional: 205, Position: 53 CB Nick Mills, 2-stars Calvary Temple (Modesto, CA) National Rank: 1072, Regional: 211, Position: 108 ILB Anthony O'Connell, 2-stars Grapeland (Grapeland, TX) National Rank: 1254, Regional: 224, Position: 85 CB Onterrio Hill, 2-stars Los Alamitos (Los Alamitos, CA) National Rank: 957, Regional: 187, Position: 86 RB Lamar Carlson, 2-stars Katy (Katy, TX) National Rank: 858, Regional: 148, Position: 42 ONTO TRAINING NOW.

[b]Offensive Depth Chart[/b] - Pic Attached Like last year, we've got one of the better offensive linemen we've had in my career especially at the Guard position. They'll be blocking for Coleman again this year, who improved a little in the off season. Next season could be a great year for him, but he'll have to settle with a good year this year. Both starting tackles are Juniors this year and will be very good next year if they improve some yet. Ezerins and Saimes will start at the guard positions, Ezerins being a SR while Saimes a JR. Karcher will be the center, who is a senior. I think we're a little better this year on offense, which could be scary for the other MWC teams.

[b]Defense Depth Chart[/b] - Pic attached. Our DL will struggle a little, but Sr Triplett and True Freshman Hampton should be able to hold their own at the DE positions. Our OLB's are plenty better than our ILB's, but Dawkins will get the start as an ILB. Sophomore Bly will get playing time when we go to 3-4, which will be the majority of the time. Petruziello, a sophomore, will be the big guy on the outside getting the bulk of the tackles this year. He's a helluva tackler, the best on the team. Our secondary will struggle again this year, but it can't be much worse than last year's team who let up quite a few big plays.

[QUOTE=Xenophon]Looks like some decent recruits this year Coach. Go Aztecs[/QUOTE] Quite possibly. A few of these didn't really turn out but some of them turned out real nice like these guys: DE Johnny Hampton(3/6), DE, a walk-on, since he didn't come in as a recruit. QB I.M. Meade (2/5), he will be a good backup for Wong and Coleman, but he probably won't see the field for at least a few years. Kicker Terry Turner(5/8), he could easily start this year, but the senior kicker will be getting the kicks as Turner isn't as good as Bernard quite yet. DT Kevin Greenwood(1/5), this could finally be what we need two years down the road. Greenwood will be the first DT to start for us in a few years. We've been having to stick DE's in that position lately.

[b]2012 Season[/b] The rankings for best recruiting class came out and we were given a rank of 70. Not bad, considering all of our signings came in the last two weeks pretty much. After much debate, we go back to the best recruiting service possible, as it seems we've been struggling to land a few guys, so we'll go back to the best of the best in the west. As always, our A.D. tells us not to embarrass the program, well, we usually don't, buddy, oh pal. We're going to go with the West Coast Offense this year, as we don't have any real good deep threats this year. Rogers should do well this year though! Defensively, we're going to stick with the 3-4, as we were ranked one of the top 20 teams last season defensively, don't change it if it ain't broke. We don't need to change anything this season with the schedule, as we have 12 games already. One thing interesting this year is that we play Utah as our first conference opponent! That will definitely be a fun game! [b]Team Schedule[/b] 1 at Central Michigan - 2 New Mexico St - 3 Idaho - 4 Utah - 5 OPEN - 6 at Air Force - 7 Texas Christian - 8 at Wyoming - 9 Brigham Young - 10 at Colorado State - 11 at Nevada-Las Vegas - 12 OPEN - 13 New Mexico - 14 San Jose State - 15 OPEN - [b]Class Breakdown[/b] 26 Seniors 19 Juniors 22 Sophomores 25 Freshman

[b]Week 1 @ 0-0 Central Michigan[/b] - CMU faves by 5 Well, I got news that Coleman has completely stopped going to class, his GPA is down to 1.68, I'm going to have to put all the time I can into getting him to pass his classes. Damn, kid. Rogers, too, is having problems in the classroom. I should have focused more on academics in training, I guess. I put lots of points into him as well along with OT Luce. Gosh! Central Michigan sports a good, balanced team. They're much like us offensively, but a little worse defensively. It will be a good battle to start off the season. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We hold the Chippewas to short drive and get the ball back on the 47 yard line to start out. Rogers gets nearly all the action on the first drive of the game, 7 carries for 15 yards and a touchdown run from 3 yards out. The play they got us into scoring position though was a pass from Coleman to Whigham for 34 yards. 7-0 early on. CMU eventually gets on the board with a field goal making it 7-3 as we near the end of the 1st quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Wow, a boring 2nd quarter as there is no score until we get a chance with two minutes to go on the 38 yard line of CMU after a punt. We do score, on 3rd and 8, Houston ran an out route where Coleman hit him nicely but the defense missed a tackle and Houston ran it 40 yards for the touchdown. 14-3 as the half comes to a close. Coleman is 9 of 14, 139 yards, 1 TD so far. Nice to see he's a good QB still. :) [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Ouch. Midway through the 3rd quarter, following a punt, CMU just needed one play as they burned our DB's for a 72 yard touchdown pass. 14-11 after the 2 point conversion is good. Rogers gets his 2nd touchdown run after a nice drive following the CMU touchdown. 21-11 now with a few minutes to go in the 3rd. Rogers gets over the 100 yard mark with 29 carries for 104 yards. Not that impressive, but he's showing signs. CMU comes back strongly with a touchdown of their own. 21-18 as we go into the 4th quarter. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Coleman connects to MacPherson from 13 yards out to answer CMU's touchdown. 28-18, 10 minutes to play in the game. That would actually be the last scoring play of the game as we win 28-18. Coleman finishes up quite nicely with a good game. 21 of 29 for 293 yards and 2 TDs. Rogers had a lot of carries, 41 of them for 143 yards and two touchdowns. He's off to a good start. 1-0 start. That's good. I'm curious how Rogers and Coleman will do in class over the next two weeks though, if they get benched, our season may be in trouble, but we do have a good back up QB in Wong and a decent RB in Graham and Monroe. But there fumble machines, so I don't want to have to resort to them.

I totally screwed up and X'd out of the windows as the last game came to an end. So I just lost all my work for Week 2's game. You didn't miss a whole lot, but here it is in a shortened version. [b]Week 2 vs 0-0 NMSU[/b] - We're favored by 11 in this game. In the first half, Bernard hit three field goals to make it 9-0 midway through the 2nd quarter. Then finally we got a touchdown through the arm of Coleman. 16-0. We traded touchdowns after that a few times, 23-14. In the fourth quarter we get another touchdown from Coleman to ice up the game. 30-14. Coleman had a great game, throwing three touchdowns and 1 INT. He was 28 of 43 for 322 yards. The running game was completely inneffective against a bad defense, Rogers had 31 carries for 67 yards. He made his game look better by getting a 30 yard run late in the game, before that he was 28 carries for 33 yards. It was pretty awesome! Our defense didn't give up more than 300 yards, and we're now ranked 32nd in the country in defense. Anyhow, we're 2-0 now and we've got another bad team coming up, Wyoming.

Archived