Coach Mau and his Career

[b]Week 3[/b] - OFF We get to get ready for probably the three easiest conference games of the season against UNLV, New Mexico and Wyoming. We should go 3-0 in these games with the Rebels being the hardest game in Week 4. [b]Week 4 @ 1-1 UNLV[/b] - Rebels favorites by 8 UNLV favored by quite a bit... hmm... let's see why: Graham, OUT, Whigham, OUT, Center Johnson, OUT, CB Rogers, OUT...... Those are just our injuries. Our nice fullback is out because of grades now, too. We've got two running backs to rely on for a while now that Graham is done for 9-11 weeks. Sheesh. What was turning out to be a great start is now turning into what could be lots of trouble. At least we've still got All-American Coleman on our team. [b]1st Quarter[/b] UNLV gets on the board first with a one play drive, 67 yard touchdown pass. 7-0 four minutes into the game. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Coleman leads us down the field to tie up the ball game. He connected Blount from 5 yards out for the TD. 7-7. Carlson gets hurt during the drive for another touchdown. The last RB, Bennett on our team gets the touchdown from 3 yards out on a 1st and goal run. 14-7. 6 to go in the half. Backup RB Bennett catches the pass on a hook route, breaks a few tackles and scores on a 53 yard pass play for the 21-7 lead as the half comes to an end! Coleman at the half is 13 of 17 for 201 yards and 2 TDs. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] 24-7 midway through the 3rd quarter as Turner nails the field goal. Following a punt, UNLV neeeds one play to get into the endzone as they go 77 yards for the TD. 24-14. Coleman connects with Moss this time for the touchdown as the 3rd quarter comes to and end. 31-14. Coleman hits the 300 yard mark on that drive. [b]4th Quarter[/b] The only scoring in the 4th quarter was a safety that gave UNLV two points. The final score is 31-16. Coleman was 27 of 39 for 315 yards, 3 TDs. Both backs played great... Bennett had 16 carries for 93 yards while Carlson had 18 carries for 87 yards. Morin gets his 3rd sack of the season.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[b]Week 5 vs 1-3 New Mexico[/b] - We're faves by 4 New Mexico isn't very good this year, they've got no quarterback to lead them down the field. They may be able to get some sort of running game going, but that's it. We're going to give everyone that is slightly hurt, a day of. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We get on the board first midway through the 1st quarter with a field goal. 3-0. Coleman hits WR Nomellini in the endzone for a touchdown. 10-0 as we near the end of the 1st quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] As we near the end of the half, Coleman gets another touchdown, this one a 13 yard pass to Shuler. 17-0 with 2 minutes to play in the half. Blah. New Mexico scores on an 81 yard pass play while we sitting in deep zone.. That must be the FIRST time in AGES that I've used that defense... I knew there was a reason why I hadn't touched it in so long! Sheesh. 17-7 and there goes the shutout. Pissed off, we go deep and Coleman connects to Shuler for a 65 yard gain. 12 yard gain later we're have to kick a field goal since there's only five seconds left. 20-7 at the half. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] 3rd and 15 for New Mexico and they get off a nice pass and catch for a 75 yard touchdown, bringing New Mexico back into the game. 20-14. We answer back, but only with a field goal. 23-14 midway through the 3rd. [b]4th Quarter[/b] I don't feel comfortable with a 9 point lead. NM has the ball to start the 4th following a punt from us. New Mexico pulls within 6 points after knocking in a 39 yard field goal. 23-17. I stick with the passing game as we can't seem to get anything together on the ground. We've got 16 carries for 26 yards from our two backs. Following a two yard loss, we face a 2nd and 12 with 10 minutes to play in the game and we decide to go back to the air yet again... The play breaks down and Moss sticks his hand in the air as he breaks towards the endzone, Coleman whips it to him in stride and touchdown! 58 yards! NOW I feel a little better, but not until we stop them on defense. 30-17. The defense comes up with a three and out and our ball... Coleman gives it back with an interception.. NM ball on our 40 yard line. The defense steps it up again, three and out..punt. That is the ball game. 30-17. Our running game is horrid without Graham, it'd probably be bad even with him. Between the two of them we had 30 carries for a measly 48 yards. Oh, well, a win is a win even if we ran for two yards. Why do we need a running game anyways? We've got Coleman. Cole-MAN. 29 of 41, 361 yards, 3 TDs and an INT. We move to 4-0. We were starting to get some votes for the top 25, so we should continue to receive more votes. I'm surprised we started the season so low, but I guess the initial Top 25 is based of Prestige mainly, not if you did real well the previous season as a smaller school.

[b]Week 6 vs 1-2 Wyoming[/b] - Aztecs favor the Cowboys by 15 Like Vegas says, we should KILL them. We'll come close to our biggest blowout, if I keep in the starters...wait, even if I take 'em out we'll do well.. I'll get Coleman all the stats he can get in the 1st half and I'll eventally take him out in the 3rd, perhaps. [b]1st Quarter[/b] WR Sam Alexander receives the first touchdown of the day from Coleman. Alexander gets his first career touchdown. 7-0. 7-3 after a Wyoming field goal. Carlson gets three carries during the next drive for 47 yards, the last run being 13 yards for a touchdown. 14-3. 3 minutes to play in the 1st. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Coleman throws his 2nd TD of the game, this one to Shuler who catches his 4th TD of the year. Shuler has 4 catches for 140 yards already in this game. 21-3. Coleman gets his 3rd TD of the game as halftime nears. This passing touchdown was caught by WR Nomellini who's got 2 touchdown catches on the year as the #4-5 receiver. 28-3. Coleman finishes the half, and perhaps the game with a 20 of 25, 248, 3 TD performance. But wait, the half isn't over as we pick it off with 45 seconds left. We run out of time on the 12 yard line.. the clock as messed up there as on the first play it drew 25 seconds off the clock after we called a timeout.. 'the heck? Coleman finishes the half with these numbers: 23/28, 283, 3 TDs Carlson has 10 carries for 57 yards, good game for him. He'll have a big 2nd half I imagine. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Sam Alexander catches his 2nd TD of the game as Coleman connected to him on 3rd and goal from the 6 yard line. 35-3. One more drive for Coleman before we take him out for the game... Oooh, jeez. Coleman just cannot miss! I'm not even trying to score TDs with him, just first downs, but no, he throws touchdowns instead. Alexander gets his 3rd td of the game, this one from 11 yards out. 42-3 as Coleman goes back to the sideline where I tell him he's done for the game. "Okay, Coach" he says as he laughs. [b]4th Quarter[/b] As we enter the 4th quarter, I'd like to mention that Wyoming has a whopping 92 yards up to this point. George Moss gets in on the touchdown receptions. On 3rd and 11 from the 13 yard line, backup QB, Schobel, connects with Moss. It was Schobel's first pass of his career.. Nice way to start your career, buddy! 49-3. Wow!! DE Morin makes a case to be one of the best defensive players in the conference, perhaps the nation as he returns an interception 47 yards for the touchdown! 56-3. 10 minutes to play in the game still. Morin starts the next Wyoming drive with a sack. Impressive kid. 59-3 after a field goal. Coleman goes crazy in the 1st half + 4 minutes of the 2nd half. He was 28 of 33, 334 yards, 5 touchdowns. Amazing. If he continues this pace, I don't see how he can't be named player of the year. Carlson gets a little hurt this game, but he still has a great game, 34 carries for 172 yards and a touchdown. 5-0! Not sure if this is our best start ever. I'd have to go back and look, but I'm pretty sure we've never started 5-0. I could be wrong. After this game, we're now ranked 13th offense and 14th defense! Niiiice! We outgained the weak Wyoming team 627 to 134.

[b]Week 7[/b] We're off, but we find out we're ranked #24 in the media polls. The coaches have us at 27 though, so not quite there! We may move higher though during our bye week. Never know! But! In the GDCS we're 24th while the compters have us at 18! Nice. GDCS Bowl???????? Ookay, I won't get ahead of myself. [b]Week 8 at 4-1 TCU[/b] - TCU faves by 12 We move up to 18th in the Media Poll, and 20th in the Coaches poll! Woohoo! My highest achieved rank yet! GDCS ranks us at 16 while the computers put us at 11! Wowza. We've got our hands full this week though as we go to Texas to face TCU. It seems like they're always favored by a bunch of points but we either beat them or lose by a small sum. With a week off, we were able to get Graham to get handoffs....NOT! He's got a stinkin' broken neck and he's doubtful for the game. No way he sees the field yet. Ed Johnson is pretty much ready to come back, but we'll keep a close eye on him during the game, as I don't want him to injure himself even more. Carlson is somewhat hurt, our coach's are against playing him this week, but he has to at least backup Bennett. He'll have to be tough today. We can't afford to play a fullback at the HB position. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We have to settle for a 27 yard field goal after not being able to get a first down. 3-0 with 10 minutes to go in the 1st. Whoa! Fumble on the kickoff, picked up by us, returned 12 yards for the touchdown! 10-0 a few seconds later. FUMBLED again on the kickoff! But we don't recover. Dang. Three and out anyways for TCU. After some nice running by Bennett(6 carries 36 yards already), we decide to get some short passing yards, but instead one of the passes turns into a 40 yard touchdown pass and catch!!! Coleman hit Carlson for a 40 yard touchdown pass. 17-0! I can't say I expected to be up by this much..but I know I won't expect to hold this lead as TCU is good. TCU can't catch a break as they go 3 and out again. TCU then holds us to a three and out as we started out drive on teh 4 yard line. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] TCU receives our punt on the 49 yard line, good field position for the 2nd time in a row, do they capitalize this time? They don't as they punt it away. TCU gets it back thaniks to a Blount fumble after a first down. 1st and 10 for TCU on their own 35 yard line. We were SO threatening to score again. TCU takes advantage this time, 17-7 now after a nice drive by 'em. 7 minutes to play in the half. TCU misses a 48 yard field goal.. Giving us the ball back with 4 minutes to play. TCU gets another shot to score before the half as they get the ball back on our punt. The Horned Frogs get into the endzone before the half coems to a close to pull within 3! 17-14 at the half now, unless we score with 20 seconds on the clock. We do get a quick 16 yards to midfield where Coleman throws a hail mary that is picked off. Oops. 17-14 at the half. Bennett has 11 carries for 55 yards at the half. Coleman is 13 of 18 for 140 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] .....Why do I change my game plan? I start running a little more than normal and it doesn't pay off as we gain about -3 yards on 5 carries on our opening drive. To top it off, Bennett fumbled it at the TCU 18 yard line. Gosh! Luckily, two plays later, the TCU back fumbled it back to us thanks to a crushing hit by Villapiano. We only get one first down which is still good enough for a 40 yard field goal, which Turner nails. He's having quite a season, I tell ya. 14 of 15 on the season, counting today's game. His only miss being that 51 yarder in the first game of the season against Arkansas. 20-14 midway through the 3rd quarter now. The O-Line continues to let in lots of sacks, as Coleman has been sacked for the 5th time today. [b]4th Quarter[/b] TCU has the ball as we start the 4th quarter. They're facing a 3rd and 4 from our 48 yard line. They get a 3 yard pass gain! And they'll go for it on 4th and 1. Oh, snap. They get the 1 yard they needed on a draw play. We sniffed it out too. Ah, well. Picked off by Petruziello! He returns it 19 yards as we get the ball back on the TCU 38 yard line! We move the ball a little bit, well, far enough as we nail a 38 yard field goal to take the lead by 9. 23-14 with 12 minutes to play in the ball game. TCU looks unstoppable until their running back gets called for Unnecessary Roughness, which puts them at 2nd and 21 at our 23 yard line. Two incomplete passes later they miss the 41 yard field goal! Bam! We don't do anything as we punt it back with 6:30 left on the game clock. TCU gets a 37 yard touchdown pass and catch as they pull within 2 points with 4 minutes left in the game! Damn. 23-21 We pick up a huge first down on 3rd and 7 as we pick up 8 yards on a pass from Coleman to FB Dillon. Whew! Let's keep 'er going. 2:40 left as we have the ball on our 44 yard line. We get ANOTHER first down on 3rd and 7 as we run a screen play for 8 yards! Yes! 1:53 left now and a fresh set of downs. We don't pass on 3rd and 8 with 1:08 left and don't get the first down. Punt it from the TCU 43 yard line with :49 on the clock. The punt goes into the end zone. Touchback. 1st and 10 for TCU with 43 seconds left. All they need to do is get into field goal position. Let's not let that happen. BALL GAME as TCU gets a few first downs, but nothing too much to scare me(okay, I was a little scared after they converted 4th and 1). 6-0! We continue our great start. Top 10????? Maybe! Coleman was held for his lowest passing yard total of the season, but a good enough game for us. He was 26 of 37 for 225 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT. Bennett, 23 carries 90 yards. We did fine! Real fine!

[b]Week 9 @ 4-2 Colorado St.[/b] - Rams faves by 2 [b]REAL TIME ERROR-91 - Don't read game unless you want too. It was a helluva game with 6 minutes to go in the game. I'm so upset that it happened, win or loss[/b] We are ranked in both polls at 18. The GDCS has us at 16, and computers still at 11. No gain after a huge win!? Boo. Carlson continues to ail, but he'll have to stick it out and back us up at RB. We lose our FB Dillon for a while, so we'll have to go with the youngsters there again. Through six games, Coleman has 1894 yards passing, 16 TDs, 3 INts. Helluva season so far. We're also out of study hall hours with one more round of academic checks too. Our kicker, Turner, is on probation, so we have to put 2 hours in him and 2 in our starting OG, Joseph. None of the other guys are starters, so that helps a little. CSU on a down year, they've got nobody on offense that can take over a game, so we should have a relatively easy game. It may be close because of their defense, which is better than ours all around. But I don't see a close game happening. [b]1st Quarter[/b] After a stupid hold that called a first down back for us, we have to punt. CSU comes flying down the field for a quick six. Ouch. 7-0 early on. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] As the 2nd quarter begins, we continue our stellar drive, 2nd and 14 after a sack at the CSU 27 yard line. We don't convert the 3rd and 1. Coleman ran the wrong play as I wanted the QB Sneak. 34 yard field goal is good. 7-3. One play. One missed tackle. One touchdown. 80 yards. CSU. 14-3 fifteen seconds later. Yay. 21-3 as we can't get **** going on offense. 5 minutes to go in the half. No more running, I can say that much. After a decent start for Bennett, he's done nothing. Ugh. We face a 4th and Goal on the three. In the past, nothing has worked this close to the goal line, but we press our luck and go for it anyways. Coleman connects with TE Triplett for the touchdown! 21-10 as we near the end of the half. 21 of 30 for 129 yards at the half for Coleman. The receivers just aren't breaking any tackles this game like they did in the past. The short passing game isn't working as well as I'd like, but hopefully that'll change in the second half as I have no plans in changing the game plan. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] We hold CSU's first drive as they punt it away. Whew! That to me was a big stop. And the WR's start breaking tackles. They take the first two plays for 13 and 15 yards for first downs. Let's keep it up big guys. A nice 13 yard run for Bennett on the next play. We get down to the 8 yard line for 3rd and Goal. We run a short pass that only gains 2 yards forcing us to kick a field goal. 23 yarder. 21-13 midway through the 3rd quarter. Three 'n out for CSU. A 36 yard return by Blount sets us up on the CSU 31 yard line! 1st n 10. Triplett catches his second touchdown pass of the game from Coleman, this one from 13 yards out on 3rd and 3! Playaction sucked 'em in and we score. 21-20... 4 to go in the 3rd. [b]4th Quarter[/b] As the 3rd quarter comes to an end, they kick a field goal to make it 24-20 as we start the 4th quarter.

[b]Week 9 @ 4-2 Colorado St.[/b] - Rams faves by 2 We are ranked in both polls at 18. The GDCS has us at 16, and computers still at 11. No gain after a huge win!? Boo. Carlson continues to ail, but he'll have to stick it out and back us up at RB. We lose our FB Dillon for a while, so we'll have to go with the youngsters there again. Through six games, Coleman has 1894 yards passing, 16 TDs, 3 INts. Helluva season so far. We're also out of study hall hours with one more round of academic checks too. Our kicker, Turner, is on probation, so we have to put 2 hours in him and 2 in our starting OG, Joseph. None of the other guys are starters, so that helps a little. CSU on a down year, they've got nobody on offense that can take over a game, so we should have a relatively easy game. It may be close because of their defense, which is better than ours all around. But I don't see a close game happening. [b]1st Quarter[/b] The first quarter is scoreless until 6 seconds left where WR Alexander catches one from Coleman to capitalize a 70 yard drive. 7-0 as we go into the 2nd quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] FS Baker picks off the deep pass and returns it 84 yards for the touchdown! 14-0 only a minute into the 2nd quarter! Wow! This game is way different than the last one. The last game was really scrappy, but this one, we're gaining yards a lot easier. :( 3rd and 12 at midfield, CSU gets a nice pass off and they get a 46 yard touchdown pass. 14-7. Damn. 14-7 would be the score as we go into halftime with the Aztecs leading! Coleman, 18 of 22 for 138 yards, 1 TD. Low yards like last game, but he's got a better completion % this time around. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] CSU doesn't take advantage of an Aztec fumble as they miss a 45 yard field goal. 14-14 as the Rams close out the 3rd quarter with a touchdown. We could not stop them at all on their last drive as they took advantage of a rare Coleman interception. [b]4th Quarter[/b] The ball goes back and forth for a while. Coleman continues his awful 2nd half as he's 5 for 14 with 29 yards and an interception for the half. Weee. We do have the ball though with 10 minutes to play, on our 13 yard line. Damn. Holding on the OL as we gain a first down that would have put us into CSU territory. C'mon. 3rd and 20 now instead. We get 13 yards on the next play...plus!... Roughing the Passer! First and 10 now on the 43 yard line of CSU, 8 minutes and rollin. Turner has his 34 yard field goal blocked after being perfect since the after the first quarter of the year. Bah. 1st and 10 for CSU on their 20 yard line with 6 to play. We get the ball back on the 24 following a punt. Under five minutes to go. Let's put together a nice 5 minute drive. We're called for what seems like our 20th hold of the game after a decent gain. So instead of 3rd and 4, it's 2nd and 20. Whoo.. *sigh at our line today* 3 minu tes to go as we face 3rd and 12 on our 42 yard line. We go with a middle deep route, something we don't do very often. Incomplete pass. Punting away. An impressive 24 yard punt later, CSU has the ball on the 36 yard line with over two minutes to go in the 14-14 ball game. Woohoo, a three and out for CSU. They punt it 31 yards only to have more than half those yards brought back on the 21 yard return to our 49 yard line, and that's where we start with 1:20 left in the ball game. 1st down after a gain of 9 and a gain of 1. 1st and 10 at the CSU 41 yard line, under a minute to play now. 1st and 10 - Gain of 7 2nd and 3 - Gain of 6 1st and 10(30 seconds left, 28 yard line) - We need some more yards before we kick it. We gain 2 on the scramble by Coleman. 2nd and 8 - We gain two more yards on a Coleman scramble. 3rd and 6, 18 seconds left. 24 seconds left... What to do... We decide to kick a field goal so not to turn it over. Turner sets up.. gets the kick off... it's up and GOOD! 17-14! We kick an onside kick with two seconds left to make sure they don't get a return. The time runs out. GAME OVER! 17-14 win over a pesky Colorado State team. 7-0!!! I never thought we'd be undefeated this far into the season, especially with all these injuries, including our starting RB, WR and #1 CB. Crazy stuff. Coleman - 35 of 51, 264 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 16 rushes for 99 yards as well. Quite the nice all around game. He did A LOT of work tonight. Bennett was pretty worthless running the ball, 15 carries for 40 yards, but not worthless as a reciever, 10 catches for 96 yards. Baker's got a team leading 3 picks for the year. BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR NEXT: UTAH! AT OUR HOUSE!

[b]Week 10 vs 7-1 #14 Utah[/b] - Utah by 13 We're ranked 13 in both polls, and in the GDCS we're 13th and 12th in the computer polls(down one from last week..bummer) Carlson is improving his health little by little, he'll get the start this week against Utah. But I won't hesitate to bring in Bennett or Graham(still really hurt, but can play if I really really want to break his neck even more) if I have too. Coleman will need to pick apart a good secondary and scramble away from a tough defensive line. We're over matched on defense as well, Utah has a good running back, but not as good as Sylvester Smith. They've got three very good wide receivers that will give us trouble all game long. We're really going to need to minimize our mistakes if we want to have a shot. Coleman will need to have a big game as well. Shall we get to it? [b]1st Quarter[/b] We get the ball to start the game. OT Luce gets called for ineligible receiver down field after we gained 13 yards for the first down. That let me down as we didn't do anything the next two plays to go three and out. Not a good start. The offensive line of Utah proves to be way to much for us as they push us around and eventually get three points after we were able to come up with a big sack. 3-0 with 9 minutes to play in the 1st. We answer back with a field goal of our own. 37 yarder. 3-3. 10-3 after a nice catch in the endzone from 18 yards out for Utah! 10-3 Utah leads as we head into the 2nd quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Coleman and Bennett lead the Aztecs down the field for a touchdown to tie it right back up. 10-10 as Coleman connected with Blount for the 4 yard TD. Utah takes 3 plays to answer our touchdown with a touchdown of their own. 17-10 less than two minutes later. We face a 4th and 31 at midfield thanks to an offensive pass interference and a holding penalty after a gain that would have given us 1st and Goal. How awesome is that? We punt. Touchback. We get the ball back with three minutes to go at our own 3 yard line following a Utah punt. We're able to move all the way down to the 34 yard line with 6 seconds left, so we attempt a 52 yard field goal. The kick is short. 14-7 at the half. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Midway through the 3rd quarter, Utah gets a 76 yard gain, but thankfully, we hold them in the goal line situations. Field goal for Utah. 20-10. We turn it over on downs after we can't get a first down from the Utah 33 yard line. We do get the ball back though... First play is a quick out that breaks open for a 69 yard gain...but the OL comes through with a hold. *shrug* Kind of expected that. Villapiano comes up with a big sack on 3rd down after Utah had a nice punt return into our red zone. The sack nearly pushes Utah out of field goal range, but they still make the 48 yarder. 23-10 nearing the end of the 3rd. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Oooh, boy. We're at midfield and Coleman can't come through big as he throws an interception. He's just not clickin' today. 31-10(2 points). Utah another TD. Nothing is going right for us. Stupid turnovers. Can't come up with the big first down when we're finally moving. Nothing nothing nothing. Whew! This offensive line is about to make me scream. 2nd and goal on the 2, touchdown, but called back due to the OL. BUT! Alexander catches a touchdown pass from Coleman from 5 yards out! 31-17. Somewhat still in it with 8 minutes to go in the game. Utah does punt it. Just over five minutes to play, our ball at the 21 yard line. Here we go Coleman, take us to heaven. **** Coleman fumbles it as he tries to scramble ahead for more yards. We were on the Utah 20 yard line!!! CCC'monnnnnnn. Moving moving movin, fumble. What the hell is that? 4 minutes to go. We get the ball back, and move down the field to the 18 yard line, but we don't get what we need, a touchdown. The final score is 31-17 as we lose a winnable game to Utah. Just an absolutely frustrating game for us. Horrible. 33 of 52, 266 yards for Coleman, 2 TDs, 1 INT. 7-1 as we come into BYU and Air Force.

[b]Week 11 @ 3-6 BYU[/b] - Cougars by 4 I don't see the Cougars winning by four, or even winning at all. We're still too dominant through the air for most teams to stop us. So we'll win through the arm of Coleman and hopefully through the legs of our backs. BYU has two good players on defense, both of them linebackers. Will they be enough? Nope. Our defense should play well today too as BYU has got nothing speical on offense. [b]1st Quarter[/b] 4 plays, 80 yards later, we get the game opening drive touchdown. 7-0 through the arm of Coleman, 3 passes, 81 yards, and a touchdown pass to Moss. 7-3 after BYU was nearly unstoppable as they answered our touchdown with a field goal. 10-3 as we come right back down the field with a FG. Coleman threw his first incomplete pas on 3rd and 4, thanks to a drop by a WR. He's near perfect. 8/9, 137 yards, 1 TD. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] 9 carries for 56 yards for Carlson is all wiped out as he fumbles it in BYU territory giving them the ball back. Now he'll have to get 100 yards before he will be able to make up for that fumble. Ugh. BYU ties it up at 10 midway through the 2nd quarter. Moss catches his 2nd touchdown pass from Coleman to take the lead back, 17-10. 10 yard touchdown pass. Bennett runs it in from 1 yard out for the touchdown with 3 minutes to go in the half. 24-10. Coleman cools it off as the half comes to an end. 19 for 27, 245 yards, 2 TDs. Carlson, 12 carries for 59 yards in the 1st half. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] BYU starts the 2nd half out en fuedo, on 3rd and 7, the defense looking to force a 3 and out, but the offense wants something else as they connect for a 77 yard touchdown pass and catch. 24-17 as BYU doesn't want to go anywhere but back into the game. We march right back down the field where we face a 4th and Goal on the 1 yard line. We run a QB Draw and Coleman gets some space and gets into the endzone to increase the lead back to 14. 31-17. Bennett picks up his 2nd rushing touchdown of the day as we increase the lead, 38-17 with a few minutes left in the 3rd quarter. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Turner kicks a 25 yard field goal making it 41-17 with 9 minutes left in the ball game. That would be the only scoring of the 4th quarter as we take the win and bounce back onto the winning track after losing to Utah. 41-17 final, 8-1 record now. We'll fight our way back to get into the top 10 after being so close at 13 two weeks ago. 562 yards to 311 yards we outgained 'em. Coleman - 27/38 329 yards, 3(1 rushing) TDs, 1 INT Carlson - 35 carries for 179 yards. Bennett - 5 carries, 7 cards, 2 TDs(made Carlson do all the hard work). Villapiano with 3 sacks, putting him at 6 on the year. Baker with another interception, his 4th Air Force next week.

[b]Week 12 vs 5-4 Air Force[/b] - AF faves by 1 It should be a close game all the way down to the stretch. If either defense is going to be able to stop the other team, I say it'll be us because of my defensive knowledge! I'm a genius, I say(I stay in 3-4 nearly the WHOLE game). [b]1st Quarter[/b] Villapiano opens up the game with a sack for a four yards loss, putting AF in a tight spot already. Woot. 3 'n out. We get on the board first with a Coleman to Shuler touchdown. 7-0 in the early going. The rest of the quarter goes down quietly with a few punts. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] We start off the second quarter with a field goal to make it 10-0. Abramowicz comes up with the interception to give us the ball back! Nice. Blowout time? Yup. 17-0 after a nice Coleman scramble from 4 yards out. Not quite halfway through the 2nd quarter. It will end as 17-0 when the time runs out for the 2nd quarter. Nice game defensively as we're outgaining AF 298 to 56 yards. Nice! I never thought in a hundred years I'd hold these guys under 100 yards in a half. They always play us tough. Coleman is having a good day, as usual: 19 of 28, 218 yards, 1 TD and 1 running TD. Carlson, 14 carries 51 yards on the day. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Sam Alexander recieves a 29 yard touchdown pass from Coleman to take a 23-0 lead as we start off the 2nd half! But we missed the EP. Air Force finally gets some points as they get into the end zone with just over a minute left in the 3rd quarter. 23-8 as they get the 2 point conversion. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Terry Turner knocks in the 51 yard field goal attempt giving us a 3 score lead with 10 minutes to play. 26-8. 29-8 as we nail another field goal, this time from 42 yards. 5 minutes to play in this one. Air Force converts two fourth down plays as they scoot down the field for six. 29-15 with under a minute to play. That would be all as we recover the onside kick. Coleman finishes 25 of 39, 342 yards, 3 TDs(1 rushing), 1 INT Carlson finishes the game with 30 carries for 133 yards. Impressive game for him. We move to a coaching best, 9-1!

[b]Week 13 News[/b] We stay ranked #16 in both polls. The award finalists were announced this week, so lets take a look at 'em. Oh, how flattering... Michael Mau up for the Coach of the Year Award. How sweet of the NCAA. 2013 POY finalists: QB Cecil Coleman, San Diego State 2013 Steel toe finalists: K Terry Turner, San Diego State - Not so surprising considering he's nailed 22 of 25 on the season. He's missed two field goals in the last three games though, so I doubt he wins the award. 2013 Golden arm finalists: QB Cecil Coleman, San Diego State - This isn't a surprise. He's actually listed first on the last. Does that mean he's the top vote getter so far? :) Ooh! It's alphabetical. I was pretty displeased when Villapiano wasn't announced as a Disruptor Finalist. Ah, well, he is the man in my book. He's got 8 sacks on the season after two of them came in the last game. We've got Cincinatti in two weeks along with UTEP in three to close out our season. It's been a great run, I tell ya. Coleman is leading the nation in yards thrown. He's also 2nd in the nation for completion %. He's at 70.6% with the guy ahead of him having a 71.2% but with nearly half the attempts. We'll win the conference outright if Utah gets upset at home against a bad UNLV team. I won't expect an upset, but it would be great if it happened! Otherwise, we'll tie for first place! Which isn't bad either, except they beat us, so I guess they'll be considered the winners.

[b]Week 14 @ 0-10 Cincinatti[/b] - SDSU faves by 6 Cinci way better than their record shows. They're better than everyone in our conference but maybe three teams. I played this game out until the end. But I had to not let it count for a number of reasons. Twice Cincinatti got mysterious first downs in which they were able to take advantage of for ten points in all. They also had another mysteriouos first down which we were able to stop, but all of these bugs are going to be my excuse to why I lost this game by 3 points. Just. Plain. Silly. This shouldn't be happening, it wasn't much of a problem in the past. I have no idea why it's happening all the time now. I usually just let it slide in previous games(Happened once in the Utah game...) and chalk it up as a roughing the punter or somethin'. You won't be seeing this Dynasty updated anymore until these things are 100% gauranteed fixed. Sorry readers.

[b]Week 13 - Off[/b] Utah won their game to make it a tie between us and them. They've got the head to head against us, which I don't think matters. [b]Week 14 @ 0-10 Cincinatti[/b] - We're favored by 6... I hope we can make it more than that though! Like I said before, this Cincinatti team is way better than their record suggests. They're a well-rounded team that would be in the Top Three of our conference, so we'll need to be careful with this one. I still expect Coleman to have a great game, why wouldn't he? We come into the game ranked 14th in both offense and defense! Not too shabby. [b]1st Quarter[/b] Turner gets us on the board first in the opening drive, 3-0. The first quarter ends with no more scoring, 3-0 as we're pretty much manhandling them so far. We'll get the ball as Cinci punts it to us as the quarter comes to an end. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] Not a whole lot happening, but Carlson helps us move down the field for an 18 yard touchdown pass to Shuler! 10-0. Carlson has 14 carries for 36 yards thus far. Coleman, 17/20, 174 yards, 1 Td. Following a missed field goal for Cincinatti, Coleman gives them another shot as he throws his first interception of the game. Cincinatti this time wanted more than a field goal attempt, they took it into the endzone for six. 10-7 as we near halftime. As we made another shot for a score, Coleman throws another pick as we were at midfield. That ended the half pretty much as Cinci had one more play but did nothing with it. Coleman starting to lose it a little, throwing two picks on the game. I don't know if he's done that yet this year... [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Turner gives us a six point lead part way into the 2nd half. 13-7. The third quarter comes to an end, but Cincinatti threatening to score with 2nd and Goal on the 4 yard line. [b]4th Quarter[/b] 3rd and Goal on the 3....a loss! The Bearcats get a field goal after coming up short of the endzone! 13-10 as we are barely into the 4th quarter. We get knocked back, three and out and punt it away.. our punter, who's been hurt for a while, nails a 27 yard punt to our 43 yard line where Cincinatti will start their drive. I think it's time to bench this guy despite the fact that he's twice as good as our backup punter. Ah, well. The defense comes up huge, incomplete pass, sack, interception by LaFleur! 11 minutes left in the 4th quarter, we get the ball back! Woot. We get another three points as we fail to score a touchdown in the red zone. 16-10 with less than nine minutes to play. Cincinatti fumbles it in our redzone and we get the ball back with 5 minutes to go in this one. Carlson is having a much better game in the second half. He is leading us down the field now as he's got 30 carries for 119 yards now. He's really picking up the slack of Coleman, who's having a horrible half. 19-10 with under a minute to play as we lock up this one! Nice solid defensive effort and by Carlson who finished with 37 carries for 161 yards! Impressive! Coleman finished 22 of 32 with 203 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INT's. Definitely not his best performance of the year. Bummer, kid. That could ruin any chance he had to win the POY! Ah, well, there's next year! 10-1 with one final game left against UTEP.

[b]Week 15 @ 5-5 UTEP[/b] - UTEP somehow faves by 5 Whigham is ready to go!!!! But....We're not going to play him this week unless we really have too. I'd like to have him back nearly 100% healthy for the bowl game. Graham is fully healed, but he's still suspended. Our punter will be benched for the week. We should be a force to be reckoned with in our bowl game, as we'll have nearly everyone back, fully healthy! I'm looking forward to playing with a full team! UTEP has a defense that is comparable to ours, but they do have a GOOD DE and LB, but their very poor DB's balance it out. On offense they've got a decent OL, but not better than ours. They've got a RB who relates a lot to our own Carlson. Their fullback is a near stud though.. so it could be interesting. [b]1st Quarter[/b] We get on the board first midway through the 1st quarter with a field goal. 3-0. Not a whole lot is clicking. Coleman isn't throwing well, Carlson isn't running well, receivers dropping passes. We get another field goal as the 1st quarter comes to an end. 6-0. UTEP yet to get a first down. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] After getting no first downs in the first quarter, UTEP picks up five first downs as they maneuver their way into the endzone, taking the lead 7-6. Turner nails a 50 yard field goal to give us the lead back. 9-6. We're having a lot of trouble in the last few games getting into the endzone...hmm 10-9 after UTEP comes right back with a field goal. 6 to play in the half. Ugh. Not able to get into the endzone again. 12-10 after another field goal from Turner. 3 minutes to go in the half. UTEP gets the lead back as they move down the field and set themselves up for a 52 yard field goal. 13-12! Field goal-crazy game so far. Less than a minute left to play. 13-12 at the half. Nothing special happening up to this point. We'll need to get into the endzone at least once if we want to win this game. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] Midway through the 3rd quarter after a few punts, we finally get into the endzone! An 84 yard drive is capped off by a 2 yard touchdown pass to Shuler on 3rd down. Play action, easy toucdown. 2 point conversion no good. 18-13 our lead. We start out next drive at our own 4 yard line following a nice punt from UTEP. 3 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter. [b]4th Quarter[/b] UTEP doesn't take full advantage of the short field following our three and out. They do get three points, however. 18-16 at the start of the 4th. After failing to get a fourth down conversion on the UTEP 40 yard line on 4th and 1, UTEP turns it over a few players later. Not only turns it over, but Dawson took it 79 yards for the touchdown! 2 point conversion is good, to make the score 26-16. Still 10 minutes to go in the game. Coleman hits Triplett in the endzone for his 2nd TD of the game. A decent game for Coleman today. 33-16 with less than 5 minutes to play. Bennett gets a rushing touchdown as we near the end of the game. 40-16. What was once a close game, turned into a route. Coleman finishes 21 of 34 for 227 yards, and 2 TD passes. Carlson finishes off the season strongly. 37 rushes for exactly 200 yards. Impressive. Our defense gave up a minimal amount of yards, 255 to be exact. That may push us into the Top 5 Defenses in the country; we were 9th going into this week's game.

[b]End of Regular Season Notes[/b] - Offensive/Defensive Stats Attached to WORD DOC! We finish the season(still conference championships to go though) ranked 11th in media and 15th in coach's polls. We also finish 12th in the GDCS Rankings. Not too shabby! [b]Awards[/b] COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO MICHAEL MAU!! *crowd goes silent* [in-game]We are pleased to announce that the recipient of the 2013 COY Award is our own Michael Mau. We ended up with an overall record of 11-1, 7-1 in the conference. Coach Mau's leadership also helped us finish ranked No. 11 in the Media Top 25 poll, as well as a No. 12 ranking in the Grey Dog Championship Series. Nice. I can't believe I actually won the award. That's pretty sweet. That makes up for the fact that Coleman didn't win any awards and got left off 1st Team All-American, yet again. But his season was as good as last, so I understand completely. [b]1st Team All-American[/b] Sophomore Kicker, Terry Turner - Nice... the only 1st teamer this year. [b]2nd Team All-American[/b] Junior QB, Cecil Coleman [b]1st Team - MWC[/b] - For the 3rd straight year, QB Coleman gets named as the POY in the conference! Can he make it four in a row next season? Jr QB Coleman So WR Blair Shuler - 7 TDs So Kicker Turner - 30 of 33 FG's [b]2nd Team[/b] Fr RB Carlson - Nice! He got over 1000 yards as a freshman after a nice 200 yard performance in the final game of the year. Fr WR George Moss Jr OG Gary Joseph Jr LB Petruziello Sr CB Fred Dawson [b]3rd Team[/b] Both Senior OT's made 3rd team, Luce and Elam. Sr OG Saimes Sr LB Abramowicz Jr CB LaFleur A real good season in terms of stats and players making the all-conference team. Nice!

[b]BOWL BOUND![/b] From Email: We just found out we will be heading to a postseason bowl this year! The Nevada Bowl has extended us an invitation to take on California during week 18. Nice! Not. California is 6-5 and unranked. We got jipped! Boo! :) Just kidding, I know this happens IRL, so I don't care. We'll probably get beat up pretty good. California is favorites by 15 points. Utah made their way up to #6, giving them a GDCS Bowl Game against #3 Nebraska. Should be an interesting bowl season.

[b]Bowl Game #10 SDSU vs 6-5 California. [/b] - California 15 point favories We get Graham, CB Rogers, WR Whigham, Center Johnson, basically EVERYONE back from either injury or academic suspension. This will help wonders as we face a decent Golden Bears team. Cal has a QB that has had a season that's comparable to Coleman's, less yards but more touchdowns. He's got the same talent as Coleman and the same potential, so we're even there. At running back, they're a little better, but not by much. Their wideouts though, are what's going to be tough to stop this game. We'll really need our DB's to step it up today if we want to win this game. The Cal O-Line also looks to absolutely dominate this game in the trenches...which they should do. Cal on defense should be able to stop our run, but we may be able to break open a few here and there. Coleman should be able to pass pretty well today as the DB's for the Bears aren't all that spectacular. Overall, it should be a helluva game. Carlson will get the start over Graham, but I won't hesitate to bring Graham in if Carlson struggles early on. Let's bring it on!!! Our 5th ranked defense is set to go! [b]1st Quarter[/b] Cal got the ball first and a sack by Morin for a 10 yard loss put Cal in a tight spot which they didn't get out of for a quick three and out! That's the Freshman's 7th sack on the season. We gain 18 yards before we punt it back to Cal. Cal settles for a 42 yard field goal after a Petruziello sack that pushed Cal 11 yards back. 3-0 midway through the 1st quarter. Cal gets the ball back at midfield following a weak 24 yard punt. Seriously... A Cal fumble gives us the ball back on our 20 yard line as we near the end of the 1st quarter. [b]2nd Quarter[/b] A 10 play, 78 yard drive is finished off with a Coleman to Shuler touchdown from 19 yards out!!! 7-3 to start off the 2nd quarter. Such an impressive drive for everyone, basically. On 3rd and 8 on our 18 yard line, Cal run one into the endzone. Ouch. Just an easy run for their RB. 10-7 with 7 minutes to go in the half. A first down is called back, from what could have been 1st and 10 at the 22 yard line of Cal, turns into 3rd and 16. A few yards gained on the pass play, but not enough, we punt it. A 23 yard punt puts Cal at their own 16 yard line. We get the ball back with just under 4 minutes to play in the half at our own 30 yard line. Let's get one more before the half. One more touchdown that is. :) We don't, as we go 3 and out. Cal takes advantage of the 2 and a half minutes and takes it all the way down for a touchdown. 17-7 with 30 seconds left. Nothing happens. 17-7 at the half. We'll need Coleman to step it up a little more than he alraedy has if we want to stay in this one. He's 13 of 18 so far, 144 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs. He's not getting a lot of help from the running game. We'll try to get the ball going a little more on the ground as we start off with the ball to start the 2nd half. [b]3rd Quarter[/b] What a great start! We get 36 yards on the ground from Carlson. That set up a 13 yard pass from Coleman to Moss for the touchdown! 17-14. Such a nice balance of yards that drive, 36 rushing, 39 passing. Midway through the 3rd we get the ball back on our 38 yard line. Good field position for another touchdown, perhaps? We come up three yards short for the first down and are forced to punt it away. 1st and 10 on the Cal 29 yard line following a 15 yard face mask. Idiots. Doesn't matter much, the first two plays for Cal are both dumped for losses as Cal tried to run outside on us. On 3rd and 17, Cal throws it deeper, but it falls incomplete forcing Cal to punt it back to us with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. 1st and 10 on the 34 for us. Cal blows an assignment in the secondary that allowed Blount to go flying down the field where he finally got tackled after gaining 47 yards. 1st and 10 on the Cal 18 yard line now. Graham takes it in from 1 yard out on 2nd and Goal! 21-17 with a minute to go in the 3rd quarter. We needed a better half from Coleman, so far we're getting it. Just don't make any mistakes. [b]4th Quarter[/b] Cal moves down the field a bit and find themselves in a 3rd and 9 situation after a loss of 3 on a run play. They run it for 1 yard, which puts them at a 49 yard field goal try. Missed! Stays 21-17 as we're still in the early going of the 4th quarter. Carlson gets nailed in the backfield, which allowed for the ball to get jarred loose. The Bears recover the ball in our territory, the 35 yard line. Bummer. Step it up 'D'. On 3rd and 10, Cal gets called for a 5 yard penalty, making it 3rd and 15 at the 40 now. They get called for another penalty, but it's declined because it was an incomplete pass. Cal punts it and downs the ball on our own 5 yard line. Yikes. We only get 6 yards as we have to punt. Cal gets the ball back on our 38 yard line. Good field position again, but our defense is back on the field, where Cal hasn't been able to do much. The D comes up big again, forcing Cal to kick another long field goal, this one 51 yards. The field goal comes up short as we get the ball back again. 8 minutes to play in this one. We immediately start moving down the field with a few nice pass gains from Coleman, including a 23 yarder. Eventually Carlson takes a handoff for 15 yards to put us at the 10 yard line of Cal just like that. Still six minutes to go. We get into the endzone and we've nearly got this game wrapped up, settle for a field goal and Cal is still very well in this one. We face a 3rd and Goal on the 5 yard line after a nice 5 yard gain from Carlson. We do a play action pass out of single back formation.... it was an all out blitz from the Cal defense, it didn't pay off, but it didn't hurt them either as they were able to stop us on the 1 yard line!!! We decide to go for it! QB Sneak time!!! The snap to Coleman, he steps back like he's going to pass... he looks to the inside and breaks for the hole... he dives annnd.. is he in?? The refs are not signalling the touchdown.... still nothing, and no it will be 1st and 10 for Cal on the one yard line.....! The score stays at 21-17 with just over 4 minutes to play. On 2nd and 10, following a 1st down incompletion, Cal decides to run the ball, something they've been absolutely inneffective with all game, and it continues as the defense SMOTHERS the Cal RB in the endzone for a safety! 23-17! Over three minutes to go and its our ball at the 36 yard line following the kick! 3 runs later, and -2 yards, we punt it away.. 1:44 on the clock for California to go 79 yards for the touchdown they'll need to win it. What looked to be a long gain turns into an interception as Senior linebacker, Abramowicz, comes out of nowhere to PICK IT OFF! This one is over! The Nevada Bowl winners will be the AZTECS OUT OF SAN DIEGO STATE!! Coleman was 25 of 32 on the day with 295 yards, 2 TDs, no INT's! Coleman was also named the Player of the Game. Wow! 12-1 to finish the season! I never thought we'd be here, winning the bowl game against a good Cal team who just couldn't do anything against our 5th ranked defense! We outgained Cal 392 to their 311 yards. Verrrry impressive defensive showing for us, especially since Cal was ranked 24th in the nation on offense. Just makes things that much sweeter! Carlson ran the ball 28 times for 89 yards. Blount had 6 receptions for 142 yards and no touchdown catches. Moss and Shuler caught the two TD passes while Graham ran in the other. Abramowicz finishes his career as a 4 year starter for us, but last year he was hurt a little and missed a few games. He ended his career with perhaps his biggest interception with 45 seconds to go in the game.

[b]2013 Season Comes to an End[/b] We finished 12-1. Utah lost 34-17 to Nebraska, and they finished #6 in the GDCS while we move to #10 after winning our game, we were 12th prior to our game(10th in the media poll). We are ranked 7th in the media poll, so that's all good! Some controversy in the polls as both the Media and Coach's poll have Florida State as the #1 team while the GDCS says Georgia is #1. They both have a 12-1 record, but Georgia LOST to Florida State in the National Championship. It looks like the Media and Coach's Polls got this one right. We're saying good bye to quite a few seniors, a few being: OG Saimes C Johnson CB Rogers WR Blount OG Johnson OT Elam OT Luce CB Dawson LB Abramowicz Plus more, a few who were starters... but we've got a good young team still, so we shouldn't lose much ground, if any at all. [b]Season Performance[/b] Team Performance: A Talent: D Recruiting: D Board Expectations: A Prestige: A Overall: B+ Back to back seasons we get our best overall grade; last season being a B-. Such good news. Our prestige has gained a few points from 44(I think) last year to 47 now. Will we land a few 4 star players this off-season?? If either of my coach's want to leave for another school, they're out of their minds! Well, I guess if they get offered HC positions, it's all good, otherwise...grr! :) Let's move onto 2014.

[b]Job Offers[/b] Louisiana Tech - Nope. New Mexico St. - Nope. New Mexico - Nope! Cincinatti - No...although that would be interesting, I did like their team, but I'll decline. One more offer...the most interesting offer I've ever received... Iowa Hawkeyes - Ouch. I'm going to really need to think about this one. Iowa hasn't been so hot in the last few seasons though, there Presige is 59, which is average. This past season they missed out on the bowl game going 5-6. The year before they were 5-7. I don't know if I want to take on a team that's on their way down...but maybe I do. They've got a real good running back in Kenan King, who's a Junior now. Gosh! I'm so torn. This would be a step up, but a step down for a few years. The Big Ten is real competitive for a rebuilding team like Iowa's, so it'd be a tough few years, rather than a good next few years with SDSU. I'm going to go ahead and decline the offer .... well, wait .... Yeah, I'm going to decline it, I'm afraid. It was a great offer, but...damn it's hard to say no. [b]Asst Coach Signings[/b] We lost our defensive coordinator, so we need to sign another. DC Jeff Peterson accepts our offer of $500,000 to be our DC for the upcoming season. He's barely a step down from DC James of last season. He develops the defensive players more roundedly than James did, but not as well; but that's all right.

[b]Transfers[/b] Like last year we have lots of youngsters interested in transferring to our school. We're on the up and up, I can understand the interest. We offer NINE players a scholarship. All the players are either Very INterested or High Interested and rated above a 7 potential.. Let's get one this time! [b]Week 1[/b] Great News, WR Kevin Barber has decided to transfer to San Diego State! This will take a lot of pressure off our recruiting season and gets us a more proven guy to boot. The cost on our recruiting budget was the initial $500 plus an extra $4,000. So, our weekly budget now sits at $41,500. Still, that is a small price to pay for a player with the upside of Barber. WR Barber signs! He's a Sophomore who hasn't used his Red-Shirt status yet, so we'll be redshirting him this season so he'll stay a sophomore. His ratings are 4/8! NICE! Almost as good as that player we had about five years back. What was his name? TOMICH! I miss him! But I've got Barber to hopefully bring some of that deep threat back to the Aztecs! [b]Week 2[/b] We lose a few potential transfers and sign nobody. [b]Week 3[/b] We've got 5 offers left; it would be a successful transfer period even if we don't get anybody else. Great News, OT Michael Carpenter has decided to transfer to San Diego State! This will take a lot of pressure off our recruiting season and gets us a more proven guy to boot. The cost on our recruiting budget was the initial $500 plus an extra $4,000. So, our weekly budget now sits at $35,500. Still, that is a small price to pay for a player with the upside of Carpenter. Carpenter is a Freshma who's already been redshirted, so he'll come back next season as a sophomore. Carpenter is rated 4/7. Not too shabby. Nice, two transfers in one year after having one transfer in seven seasons.

[b]Recruiting - Week 1[/b] We've got more 4 star players interested in us this year more than any other year. Two players have interest in us with 9 or better. We've scouted a few 5 star players as well that we'll have a real outside chance of signing, but we'll go after 'em anyways. It should be a real interesting recruiting season! The player that emailed me about wanting to come here is a 4 star ILB. That would be awesome if he signed. Awesome I say. Walker is the 299th best player in the country, not too shabby. [b]Week 2[/b] - No Signings Not a whole lot happens. Just a few players that we scouted but not recruited went elsewhere. [b]Week 3[/b] We should be able to start signing guys by next week I think. We've got some good players lined up to play for us! Nothing though this week. [b]Week 4[/b] - Tough week to swallow as we lose a handful of scholarship offered players.. but we sign a QB. Coleman's follower? We'll see. 3 star QB. Players committing to San Diego State QB Bud Long Players recruited that committed to other schools FS Lynn Looker - Fresno State OT Patrick Lester - Stanford OG George Lawson - Oregon OT Sammy Pryce - California-LA OG Leonard Vigorito - Oregon C Alex Kowalczyk - Stanford OT Winston Hicks - San Jose State DE Tommy Alexander - San Jose State FB Orantes Rogers - Oregon OT Carey Croom - Arizona OG Chuck Woody - New Mexico St [b]Week 5[/b] - Our offensive line really took a hit, but we could still be okay after these few signings. Players committing to San Diego State OG Jimmy Baker C Shaun Wade Players recruited that committed to other schools OLB Ken Butler - Ohio State WR Al Johnson - Fresno State OG Ralph Goode - Oregon State OG Perry Jessie - Stanford ILB Boomer Black - Utah OG Randy Hochstein - NC State OG Mark Croom - Nevada-Las Vegas OG Leo Hannam - Hawaii

[b]Week 6[/b] - Nice week for us as we sign a top-notch(for us) LB in Filipovic(4 stars). We also get much needed OL's too! That puts us at 6 recruits so far. We also lose another handful of recruited players. Players committing to San Diego State OLB Steve Filipovic OG Bill Baker OT David Jones Players recruited that committed to other schools ILB Fred Goode - Louisiana State OG Joe Penrose - Wash State OG Ligarius Glenn - California-LA WR John Ross - California OG Mitch Jensen - Stanford OT Andre Shaw - Wash State TE Perry Akins - Oregon State [b]Week 7[/b] - The linebacker position is set for four years! ILB Travis Walker brings a lot to the table as a 4 star player. If him and Filipovic can gain a lot of skill over the training period, we'll have a deadly defense this year! Players committing to San Diego State ILB Travis Walker WR Jim Jones Players recruited that committed to other schools OG Lance Herndon - Utah OG Warrick Wilkerson - California FS Dhani Williams - Washington QB Mo Randle - Stanford WR Mario Wistert - Arizona [b]Week 8[/b] - We pick up a WR. We look to improve our already best recruiting class ever! Players committing to San Diego State WR Earl Lehan [b]Week 9[/b] We should pick up at least CB Floyd this week. We'll see! Nope, we don't Floyd. [b]Week 10[/b] We pick up a WR in the last day.. Here's the list! We've got three 4 star players, and the list fills out with 3 star players and 2 stars. I may not have had the best class, not better than I thought it would be anyways. The four star players may be enough to push me into the top 50 class though. Time for the training period.

Archived