Saddest Day In Your Game

This has to be something incredibly rare.

About 3 months into my PSW game, Alex Braun was found dead (can't remember the way he died, doesn't really matter).

One week later, Johnny Martin was found dead!!!

What deaths or monents in your games were incredibly sad and tragic???

It's not a death, but I felt genuinely betrayed.

In my personal TCW game, Joshua Taylor's contract came up a few days before he was set to win the big feud ending blowoff with Steve DeColt with both the International (Taylor's second reign) and NOTBPW (carried from buying out NOTBPW, DeColt held it multiple times). I went right ahead and had him win, and the negotiations came up.

Basically, he opted for SWF because of money. He'd just won one of the biggest belts in the company, had a strong friendship with one of my big names - Rocky Golden, and was in a tag team with my user character - with great chemistry.

It was like a knife to the gut. Even RDJ leaving wasn't this bad.

The day that Hell's Bouncer main evented and beat a jobber, Tyson Kidd, and caused my card to be rated as a 15 overall...

Yep.

It was my own fault, but it was still brutal.

So far everyone who has left I've known would leave eventually, as I run a small fed. Thankfully no one has yet died.

When I realised Dark Angel wasnt going to resign with HIW.

My dream matchup was him and UK Dragon. I signed them both and they absolutely TORE IT UP and then Angel decided to go back to Canada.

Seriously Ive spent a lot of time there and in the UK Midlands and theres no contest...;)

It's not a death, but I felt genuinely betrayed.

In my personal TCW game, Joshua Taylor's contract came up a few days before he was set to win the big feud ending blowoff with Steve DeColt with both the International (Taylor's second reign) and NOTBPW (carried from buying out NOTBPW, DeColt held it multiple times). I went right ahead and had him win, and the negotiations came up.

Basically, he opted for SWF because of money. He'd just won one of the biggest belts in the company, had a strong friendship with one of my big names - Rocky Golden, and was in a tag team with my user character - with great chemistry.

It was like a knife to the gut. Even RDJ leaving wasn't this bad.

Look on the bright side: Joshua Taylor is hands down one of the blandest wrestlers in the game. I've seen planks of wood with more personality than him. And not just good wood, like oaks either. He's below a 2x4 made out of pine.

Look on the bright side: Joshua Taylor is hands down one of the blandest wrestlers in the game. I've seen planks of wood with more personality than him. And not just good wood, like oaks either. He's below a 2x4 made out of pine.

Tell that to TCW whose utilized him to the fullest in my WCW game. He's 40-years old and has been on the Power 100 every year since 2017. He had a 22-defence title reign from October 2020 to March 2022 losing to Koshiro Ino. It was his first reign with the title and he won it from Tommy Cornell himself (Cornell's 8th reign came to an end).

A year and a half of attention had grown him a character and developed his skills substantially. A lot of the reason it hurt was because he was pretty much my user character's closest onscreen ally for that entire stretch - so somebody I paid a lot of care to booking (more in fact that my avatar himself), and as a tag team, was one of only two teams that I've found with great chemistry.

Also the DeColt thing was a massive deal, with him coming in and running his mouth about how awesome he was and how inferior TCW was and how nobody could prove it and take his belt off of him. The storyline didn't just include Taylor. So yeah, added kick in the teeth to have the champion of TCW pack up for SWF the day after winning the title (well, he signed the contract, so I still got to bleed his overness, but still)

In my AWA game, NJPW have finished their tour so are hiring a few guys to written deals to bolster their roster after losing their touring guys, at exactly the same time, NWA have risen to National. This means that in the space of 1 week, I have lost:

Scott Norton

Kokina Maximus (Yokozuna)

Brad Rheingans

Dustin Rhodes

Ricky Morton

Robert Gibson

Diamond Dallas Page

Norton and Maxumis were both scheduled for a push and Rhodes, Morton and Gibson were all very over. Was a bit of a killer.

The day Curt Hennig died. I'd spent a year building him up to taking the belt off Hogan (had to, Hogan had creative control) but I knew it was on because Hogan let him go over on a post-show dark match two weeks previous. Two days before Wrestlemania 7 he ODed. Such a waste :( I don't think I've played a RW mod since

I ran a RW WWE game for 3 years. Raw, Smackdown and ECW every week, and a PPV once a month. 13 shows every month. I had nearlly full popularity world wide, and the game was just so fun to play! Then, the faithfull day came when Vince McMahon retired, and Stephanie took over.

I was fired :(

I ran a RW WWE game for 3 years. Raw, Smackdown and ECW every week, and a PPV once a month. 13 shows every month. I had nearlly full popularity world wide, and the game was just so fun to play! Then, the faithfull day came when Vince McMahon retired, and Stephanie took over.

That sucks dude but go figure she will be taking over in real life once Vince retires so she will probably can some people along the way.

Did you try and apply again or did she want to be booker. If she is being booker go into the in game editor and put all of her booking skill (rep, skill) down to zero then try and apply for the job of booker, that is presuming that she is booker.

• 3 weeks later...

The day "mainstream" started to be an unpopular trend in the US, which was around the same time the economy and the wrestling industry were in the red. On top of that, my two best workers at the time were gone. Davey Richards died and Chris Hero went to jail for 3 years. And I was lucky to get them cuz I was still regional at the time....

that was a rough hole to dig out of...I felt like I couldn't give away tickets to my shows, and if they did come..it was like they didn't care lol

-Chief

I'm pretty sure I just hit the saddest day at least for my promotion. I'm a high regional promotion about 4 importance points away from hitting cult and I get a ton of bad news. In one week, two of my top stars are signed away bu a newly global JAPW and the only top worker left standing is hit with a major concussion knocking him out for a year :(

Playing Genadi's Montreal Aftermath as ECWA, I signed Adam Copeland as I already had Christian Cage. I wanted to build the two of them up to be my biggest guys (as singles competitors), then have them wrestle each other hoping that their friendship would mean strong chemistry.

As he is totally unknown in the Mid Atlantic region, I debuted Adam up against my top face in a match he was to lose but be kept strong in. On a last minute whim, I asked him to take a crazy bump, and now he's out for 13 months with a brain tumour!

Playing Genadi's Montreal Aftermath as ECWA, I signed Adam Copeland as I already had Christian Cage. I wanted to build the two of them up to be my biggest guys (as singles competitors), then have them wrestle each other hoping that their friendship would mean strong chemistry.

As he is totally unknown in the Mid Atlantic region, I debuted Adam up against my top face in a match he was to lose but be kept strong in. On a last minute whim, I asked him to take a crazy bump, and now he's out for 13 months with a brain tumour!

Wait... He got a brain tumor after a crazy bump? Did he jump to a nuclear reactor or what?!

Wait... He got a brain tumor after a crazy bump? Did he jump to a nuclear reactor or what?!

That was my first reaction, but looking into it, apparently there's a tiny chance that a tumour can form if the head undergoes severe trauma.

Within a month of Adam's injury, Marty Jannetty (who I'd brought in as a bit of a jobber to help build up some of the younger guys) died of a drug overdose and entirely unrelated to me and my company, but Joey Styles also died. I'm wondering if the game is cursed or something as deaths are on low!

Archived