First look at Bane from Dark Knight Rises!

brashleyholland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ampulator" data-cite="ampulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31298" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hate to say this, but I'm a bit disappointed that Bane is the next big villain...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> As long as they take the character seriously, which the Schumaker film did not, it will work out just fine. Bane was a serious threat in the comics.</p><p> </p><p> And where it's been fun seeing the last two villains be threats from a mental standpoint it's nice to see a threat who can be just as cunning as Bruce but who poses a real physical threat as well.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Imarevenant" data-cite="Imarevenant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31298" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As long as they take the character seriously, which the Schumaker film did not, it will work out just fine. Bane was a serious threat in the comics.<p> </p><p> And where it's been fun seeing the last two villains be threats from a mental standpoint it's nice to see a threat who can be just as cunning as Bruce but who poses a real physical threat as well.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This.</p>

I am sure that taking Bane's character seriously wont be a problem for Christopher Nolan. He had done a great job in making the previous two films seem dark enough so I am pretty sure this one will be the same. I am wondering what lengths they will go to in order to top how good the Dark Knight was because that film was brilliantly done.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Imarevenant" data-cite="Imarevenant" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31298" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>As long as they take the character seriously, which the Schumaker film did not, it will work out just fine. Bane was a serious threat in the comics.<p> </p><p> And where it's been fun seeing the last two villains be threats from a mental standpoint it's nice to see a threat who can be just as cunning as Bruce but who poses a real physical threat as well.</p></div></blockquote><p> Honestly, I'm not a big Bane fan to begin with.</p>

<p>Bane was badass in Knightfall. He wasn't a big dumb ogre. He was a feverishly motivated mastermind who did some pretty crazy stuff to batman (keeping it spoiler free for those interested).</p><p> </p><p>

I also don't think he's going to be the major conflict in the movie. I feel like he'll be a problem but Catwoman will be the big story there.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MrCanada" data-cite="MrCanada" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="31298" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Bane MUST break someone's back in the film.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> And make them humble...</p>

Archived