World Championship Wrestling: Where The Big Boys Play (1995)

Hulk Hogan vs. Meng

No question here, Hogan simply doesn´t lose all that much.

Sting and Randy Savage vs. The Giant and Shark

Dungeon needs to win at least one match here in order to look dangerous and The Giant is pretty much only one of them who I could see going over anyone from Hogan´s team

If Luger wins he is part of Hogan's team: Lex Luger vs. The Taskmaster

Could go other way too but I still expect Luger to be part of the team so he has to win here.

Jushin Liger vs. Ric Flair

Flair picks up a win while he waits for Hogan getting rid of Dungeon.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Impressed with this diary, will be following.

Hulk Hogan vs. Meng

The American Males?:eek: I hope you find some better tag teams soon.:D

Hulk Hogan vs. Meng

Okay, so while I've been reading, I've seen a lot of people commenting that they "don't know much on the time frame". While that's all well and good, I do know the time frame, so first off, I will give you your props; you're doing amazing with the feel of this diary, it really does come off as 1995 WCW action. Case in point, the roll of coins in Big Bubba vs Duggan. That part really made me smile. I like Hogan not trusting Luger right away while Sting sings his praises, that's very true to life. And while your interviews are all good, a special note goes out to how you have Sullivan's interviews down to a science, I can just hear the thick Boston accent in his words every time he speaks.

But now, I have to say that I have three things that have disappointed me a little. As I said, there are people who say they don't know the time well, but The Giant's first career match really should have had more fanfare. As it was, it was like he'd been with WCW for a long time, when he'd never wrestled on a televised show in his life. Same goes with Alex Wright, though on a different scale; he was in a big undefeated streak, and then he just drops a random match to Disco Inferno and nobody says anything, he doesn't even get all mad about it. However, annoying as those are, they're minor blips. The biggest thing, and this one has nearly been cause for me to not continue, which shows how big this is, is how the feud between Flair and Anderson has not been prevalent whatsoever. In fact, they even shook hands and had a brief moment, when in reality, the feud between them was the best thing going on early Nitro, and especially when within a few months it led to the forming of what could have been the best incarnation of the Horsemen ever.

(Edit: Okay so Wright may not have been completely undefeated but he was still touted for pretty much beating everyone, which he did very, very often.)

Regardless, I am still reading, because I guess overall I'm not as huge a stickler for real life as some may be (Hive kinda messed up by not including the Flair/Arn feud in the starting storylines, so I'm going lenient there) and because overall you do have a very nice feel for the era. The only thing missing has been Bischoff revealing Raw's main events on air (would have technically been on the last episode of Nitro, if we were judging by IRL), so in good faith, here are my Nitro predictions.

Hulk Hogan vs. Meng

If Luger wins he is part of Hogan's team:Lex Luger vs. The Taskmaster

Thanks for the great feedback man. I watched it when it happened in 1995 but I was only 8 so I didn't really remember all the details well. I re-watched all of September's Nitro's and Fall Brawl to get a feel of what was going on so that helped a lot.

In terms of stuff being a little bit different, that was from me choosing to go that other route instead of not knowing what was going on. I wanted to show Flair and Arn on a united front from the beginning instead of them in a feud because I've got other plans for Flair that wouldn't really mesh with the direction that I'm taking his character. On the Alex Wright thing, I know he was pushed well and was talented, but I didn't want to give him the same push WCW gave him. And then with The Giant, I just really wanted to get him in the ring and start improving him. I've entered him in the War Games match unlike real life to add more importance to it as well. He has a lot of work to do in terms of stats to get him up to the level that I need him to be to headline shows with the other talent that I have in the company, and the faster I can get him there the better.

Thanks again for giving me great feedback, I really enjoy hearing that people are actually reading in detail what I'm writing and what I can do to improve the experience for everybody reading it. I'm glad you like things so far with the promos and everything. I tried to cut them down a little bit for this diary, I cut out most of the extra and just highlight the keys to what the person is trying to say. Hope everybody else is enjoying as well.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/WCW_Monday_Nitro1_cutout_by_Crank.png

WCW Monday Nitro

Monday, September Week 3, 1995

Live from the Five Seasons Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Attendance: 10,000 (Sellout)

This edition of Monday Nitro starts off backstage as Hulk Hogan is in a huddle with his manager Jimmy Hart, the two members of his team for War Games, Sting and Randy Savage, and the man who competes next for the right to represent the Hulkamanaics at War Games, Lex Luger. All four men are dressed for action in tonight’s hour long show as they will all be taking on their opponents for the big double cage match this Sunday, the Dungeon of Doom, in three different matches. Hogan is very animated as he hypes his team up for this huge night, knowing the momentum picked up or dropped tonight could give one team the advantage heading into War Games.

Hulk Hogan

Tonight is a huge night brothers! Not only do we get a chance to cripple the Dungeon of Doom heading into war this Sunday, we’ll see if Lex here has what it takes to wear the colors of the Hulkamaniacs. Lex, you know I’ve had my questions about where your intentions are since you’ve come back here, but the Stinger has assured me that you’ll do what’s right by the millions of Hulkamaniacs across the world. I’m sure you’ll be able to squash The Taskmaster in a little bit, and we’ll have your back if his goons stick their noses in it.

Macho Man and Stinger, you guys have a big hill to climb tonight, but I know with the power of the people behind you two you’ll show The Giant and Shark where the power really lies in WCW. It isn’t in following that evil Taskmaster, it’s with the power of the vitamins and prayers of all the Hulkamaniacs. I know that I can handle Meng in the main event. He’s a mean brother, but I’ve shown everybody what I do with Taskmaster’s monsters before.

All you all ready men? Tonight is a huge night for us! Hulkamaniacs on three…1…2…3! HULKAMANIACS!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/LexLuger.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/KevinSullivan.jpg

If Luger Wins He Is Part Of The Hulkamaniacs

Lex Luger vs. The Taskmaster

The crowd was red hot behind Lex Luger, very excited to see him back in WCW and wanting to see him in the main event of Fall Brawl very badly. The Taskmaster yelled insults at the crowd as he came out, then after the bell rang he did everything he could to stall the action of the match. Luger chased him all over the ring, but couldn’t get to him. Taskmaster finally accepted his fate and kicked Luger right in the gut, but Lex laughed and hoisted him straight up into the Torture Rack and before he could even try to escape Taskmaster had quit.

Winner: Lex Luger

Time: 1:47

Rating: 67

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RandySavage.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Sting.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/TheGiant.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JohnTenta.jpg

Randy Savage and Sting vs. The Giant and Shark

The crowd was hot after seeing Luger make Taskmaster submit so easily, and we ready to see Sting and Savage do the same to the team of The Giant and Shark. These two men weren’t afraid of the action though as Shark came right at Savage. He went to work on the neck that was still sore from the Chokeslam he took last week and Savage was gasping for air as Shark was putting a beating on him. Sting got the fans up to their feet and willed Savage over into the corner, but Shark dragged him back over and tagged in the totally dominant Giant.

The Giant showed no remorse as he choked out Savage several times and was teasing at the Chokeslam but couldn’t quite get a hold of the illusive Macho Man. Savage started throwing elbows at The Giant, which caught him off guard and allowed Sting to get into the ring, where he opened up the offense. He staggered Giant into the corner where he hit him with 2 Stinger Splashes, but The Giant never fell to the ground. With a third attempt Giant caught Sting in a bearhug and started to squeeze the life out of him. Giant needed a breather so got Shark back in, but Sting quickly turned things back around on him and even took him down with a dropkick. Sting then headed to the top rope, but as Shark staggered to his feet he reached out for the referee, distracting him. Giant then rushed into the corner and headbutted Sting right off the top rope. Shark then was able to tag in Giant, who picked up Sting by the throat off the mat and dropped him right back down with the Chokeslam. Shark kept Savage from coming back in as The Giant pinned Sting for another shocking victory.

Winners: The Giant and Shark

Time: 9:28

Rating: 71

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JushinLiger.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RicFlair.jpg

Ric Flair has been talking about how he is the top of the mountain in WCW, and this is the type of match he has to prove it in. Liger comes over from Japan and has been impressive in America, and Flair was out to show that outsiders don’t come in and walk over him. He was very chop happy in this match as he was out to punish Liger, who wasn’t able to get any of his high risk offense off. He would hit a kick or two every once in a while, but Flair did an excellent job of keeping him in check. Flair’s purpose was to work on Liger’s legs all match, and it paid off when he locked him in the Figure Four Leglock, and after a lengthy struggle which almost saw Liger turn Flair over the referee called for the bell as Liger had submitted.

Winner: Ric Flair

Time: 9:11

Rating: 77

After the match Ric Flair immediately went for the microphone, as he hadn’t finished making his point yet.

Ric Flair

See! This is what happens when people come into my yard and play! Sting, I can at least respect you as I beat the snot out of you because you’ve been here almost your whole career. But Hogan, I’ve got no respect for you! You came into WCW and were handed everything on a silver platter. Nobody handed Ric Flair anything on a silver platter Jack! I had to fight and bleed all over this country to get to the top of the mountain, and you come in and they just pushed me off the peak so you could rule without a challenge. I’ve had enough of it Hulk! It’s time for….

With that Ric Flair is cut off by the music of Eddy Guerrero, the man that he attacked in the middle of the ring last week after his match with Flair’s friend, Arn Anderson. If Flair wasn’t angry before, he certainly was now as it looked like his blood pressure shot through the roof with the interruption as he was beet red and had veins popping all over his head. He shouted at Guerrero, who had a simple message for Flair.

Eddy Guerrero

Ric! You think you run this company esse? I don’t think so. I gave up everything to come here from the wrestling empire my family had built, and I’m showing these great fans why the Guerrero name is such a great one in wrestling. I’m not going to have some over the hill bitter old man disrespect me in that ring, getting me vato? It’s the Guerrero thing to do to stand up for yoru name, that’s why I’m challenging you to a match at Fall Brawl this Sunday!

Ric Flair

YOU WANT A MATCH WITH THE KING?!?!? You better be careful what you wish for because you got it!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/HulkHogan.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Meng.jpg

Hulk Hogan w/ Jimmy Hart vs. Meng w/ The Taskmaster

The Taskmaster was back out there for this match with Meng. He shouted instructions to Meng, who seemed to have Hogan well scouted as he was able to be one step ahead of the champion in the early goings. The two had tests of strength throughout the first several minutes, and much to the fans chagrin Meng was matching Hogan in power. Hogan outsmarted him through and started using a more amateur style as he took Meng to the mat and made him look very uncomfortable. Hogan isn’t the world’s most sound technician, but he definitely had the advantage over Meng here and was in control of the match.

Just when it looked like Hogan was getting ready to get rolling Meng hit him with a huge thrust kick that sent Hogan straight to his back. Meng worked over the throat of Hogan preparing to lock in the Tongan Death Grip as Jimmy Hart looked on very concerned. Meng used all of his large frame to put everything he had behind all his moves on Hogan. Taskmaster yelled at him to end it, and he went for the Tongan Death Grip on the throat of Hogan, but the World Champion got his hand up and blocked it. Hogan held onto Meng’s arm as the two were shaking from exerting so much force, and eventually Hogan was able to shove Meng’s arm away. Meng then charged at Hogan arms held high, but Hogan leveled him with a big boot. He followed right up with the Legdrop and the referee counted to three, giving Hogan the victory in the main event.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Time: 10:37

Rating: 79

As soon as the referee reached three Taskmaster hopped in the ring and yelled for his troops. All four members of the Taskmaster’s team were coming out, but just then the other three members of the Hulkamaniacs emerged from the back. Things exploded very quickly as the men matched off and an all out brawl broke out. The eight men were fighting all over the outside as Eric Bischoff and Bobby Heenan thanked the fans for tuning in tonight and urged them to order Fall Brawl: War Games this Sunday night.

Final Rating: 82

TV Rating: 5.93 (+)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/WCW_Saturday_Night.jpg

This week's Monday Nitro had a very War Games feel about it as all eight men who will be locked in the double cage together this Sunday did battle in the middle of the ring. It was a fairly split night, but the two men from the Hulkamaniacs who came out on the losing end are heading to Saturday Night looking for a little pick me up in a pair of warmup matches just a night before Fall Brawl. Sting will face Dungeon of Doom member Zodiac in the main event, while Macho Man Randy Savage will do battle with an old nemesis from a previous life, Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff. Is it smart for Sting and Macho Man to compete this close to War Games or is it just what they need heading into the huge match?

The Television Championship will be up for grabs on Saturday Night as well as champion The Renegade has a huge challenge in front of him as he puts the title on the line against One Man Gang. Diamond Dallas Page has been given a title shot at Fall Brawl by the Championship Committee this week, so you have to figure he'll be watching this match closely to see who he will face at Fall Brawl.

Eddy Guerrero will be in action a night before the biggest match in his career with Ric Flair at Fall Brawl. On Saturday Night he will be doing battle with the mysterious Sabu to try to work the kinks out before he faces one of the greatest wrestlers of all time at the pay-per-view.

The number one contendership for the Tag Team Titles will be up for grabs as well as four teams will do battle: The former champions Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater, The Blood Bloods, Harlem Heat and The Nasty Boys. Whoever wins this elimination match will then move onto Fall Brawl to face new champions The American Males.

Flyin' Brian will be in attendance on Saturday Night as word is that he is looking for an opponent for Fall Brawl. The other match of the evening will see Dean Malenko face off against a mystery opponent as well. Who could be in the cards to face the technical wizard? Will it be somebody on the WCW roster or another big new signing for the company? Tune into Saturday Night on TBS to find out.

Quick Pick Guide

Sting vs. Zodiac

Randy Savage vs. Paul Orndorff

Television Championship Match: The Renegade © vs. One Man Gang

Elimination Match for the #1 Contendership for the Tag Team Titles: The Nasty Boys vs. Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater vs. Harlem Heat vs. The Blue Bloods

Dean Malenko vs. ???

Eddy Guerrero vs. Sabu

Sting vs. Zodiac

Good quick win for Stinger to get ahead a little. Brutus is always my go-to Dungeon member for that too.

Should be a damn fine little match, actually.

Something tells me you're a man who's into taking a gamble on keeping the belt on Renegade for a solid little run. If nothing else, he powers past the Gang to make it to DDP at Fall Brawl.

Elimination Match for the #1 Contendership for the Tag Team Titles: The Nasty Boys vs. Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater vs. Harlem Heat vs. The Blue Bloods

I don't see the Heat or Blue Bloods getting the nod here just yet, because if you go this route then the Males have a quick team to make a defense against and move past into one of the other, better teams. Protip: Give the belts to the Blue Bloods. They can be gold. Just sayin' :)

Dean Malenko vs. ???

Shot in the dark here, mystery man is either Benoit or Jericho.

Eddy Guerrero vs. Sabu

Yeah, Eddy is gonna need some major momentum leading into a match with Ric Flair.

Sting vs. Zodiac

Dean Malenko vs. ???-MONDAY NIGHT JERICHO!

Eddy Guerrero vs. Sabu

Sting vs. Zodiac

Why is Zodiac still here?:D

Dean Malenko vs. ???

Eddy Guerrero vs. Sabu

Sting vs. Zodiac

Zodiac didn´t manage to beat Duggan so no change for him to go over Sting either.

Savage has more going on

I doubt that title change would happen here.

No idea really but Heat looks like a good bet to me.

Dean Malenko vs. ???

I go with mystery man once again

Eddy Guerrero vs. Sabu

Guerro needs the win since he is challenging Flair

Sting vs. Zodiac

Dean Malenko vs. ???

Eddy Guerrero vs. Sabu

Sting vs. Zodiac

Dean Malenko vs. ???

Eddy Guerrero vs. Sabu

Sting vs. Zodiac

Dean Malenko vs. ???

Eddy Guerrero vs. Sabu

I've been out of town all week. Just wanted to thank everybody for their predictions and let you know that I'll be back home tomorrow afternoon and the show will be up shortly after that so get your predictions in before then if you haven't yet.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/WCW_Saturday_Night.jpg

WCW Saturday Night

Saturday, September Week 3, 1995

Taped at Joplin Memorial Hall in Joplin, MO

Attendance: 2,000 (Sellout)

WCW Saturday Night starts off with Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan welcoming the audience to the show and running down the importance of tonight leading into Fall Brawl: War Games tomorrow night live on pay-per-view. The duo then throws it down to the ring where David Penzer introduces the current United States Champion, Sting. He makes his way down to the ring to a chorus of cheers from the fans, and he enters the ring and has some things on his mind.

Sting

It’s a great time to be a WCW fan. Man is this place exciting these days. Hulk Hogan is looking like him old self again, we are on national television every Monday night, going head to head with our competition. Ric Flair is running around Figure Fouring everybody in his path and the Dungeon of Doom are unleashing monsters left and right. Sure not everybody wants to see what The Taskmaster does every night, but boy is it exciting. I live for this kind of excitement, and tomorrow night at War Games I’m going to show the Dungeon of Doom how we do things here in WCW. I’m not like some people around here…Ric Flair, cough cough. I welcome new competition here in World Championship Wrestling. I’ve got nothing to prove to all of you, you already know who the Stinger is. But when these guys come in here and try to take out me and my friends, that’s where I draw the line. Tonight I plan on making sure Zodiac can’t help the Dungeon of Doom anymore, then it’s on to War Games where Stinger and the Hulkamaniacs will be victorious!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/wcwtv.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Renegade.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/OneManGang.jpg

World Television Championship Match

The Renegade © vs. One Man Gang

The Renegade was giving up a ton of size in this title defense, but he came out with an intensity that few can match in professional wrestling today. He went into the match wildly, which caught One Man Gang off guard as he is used to people being shaken by his sheer size. Renegade’s strategy didn’t look to strong as the Gang threw him around for a little bit, but Renegade showed he can take a beating as he bounced back and kept on fighting. The finish came with Renegade somehow bodyslamming the huge One Man Gang, then bouncing off the ropes and hitting a big splash to get the victory and title defense.

Winner and Still World Television Champion: The Renegade

Time: 8:51

Rating: 65

After the match Diamond Dallas Page came out from the back with a big smile on his face. He looked very confident heading into his newly announced title match at Fall Brawl against The Renegade, and he had something to say about it.

Diamond Dallas Page

Well waddya know, looks like I get to fight the worst ripoff in the history of professional wrestling for his strap at Fall Brawl. We all know you aren’t the real McCoy bro. Trust me when I tell you this, the second you step into the ring with a real wrestler, DDP for instance, you are going to fall at my feet and beg me to hit the Diamond Cutter so that your pain and suffering comes to an end. When Fall Brawl is over you all will have a new World Television Champion, it’s me, it’s DDP!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/EddieGuerrero.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Sabu.jpg

Eddy Guerrero vs. Sabu

This match featured two very unique offensive sets. Eddy Guerrero has the biggest match of his life coming up this Sunday, so it was important for him to pick up some momentum in this match if he is to have a chance against Ric Flair. Sabu showed why so many in pro wrestling are impressed with him as he bounced all over the ring as he hit Guerrero with a variety of offensive moves. Guerrero countered back with his great technical lucha libre style that Sabu couldn’t keep up with. The turning point came when Sabu botched a dive off the top rope and landed short of Guerrero. Guerrero then scooped him up and hit a Fisherman’s Suplex and bridged it to get the three count and the victory.

Winner: Eddy Guerrero

Time: 7:29

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BrianKnobbs.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JerrySags.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JimmyGolden.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/DickSlater.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BookerT.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/StevieRay.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/StevenRegal.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BobbyEaton.jpg

Elimination Match

Winners Face The American Males at Fall Brawl For The Titles

The Nasty Boys vs. Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater vs. Harlem Heat vs. The Blue Bloods

The match started out with teams trying to tag out often due to the elimination style of the match as they didn’t want to be caught in the ring with a big move and lose their chance of fighting for the titles. The Nasty Boys took this opportunity and went all out on offense as other teams tried to escape the ring. This worked out very well for them as they earned the first elimination of the match as Brian Knobbs hit a piledriver on Bunkhouse Buck to eliminate the former World Tag Team Champions.

The match continued on for a while longer with no eliminations, although Harlem Heat and the Blue Bloods were starting to team together to work over The Nasty Boys. Jerry Sags was in very big trouble as Steven Regal and Stevie Ray double teamed him in the middle of the ring, then held him so that Booker T could fly off the top rope with the Missile Dropkick to take Sags out. The Nasty Boy was able to break free though and Booker hit Steven Regal squarely with the Missile Dropkick. Sags then pinned Regal and quickly eliminated The Blue Bloods.

This left The Nasty Boys and Harlem Heat together competing for the shot at the Tag Team Championship held by The American Males. The Nasty Boys looked a bit winded as they had been in the ring for the vast majority of the match, but they kept on fighting as they knew what was at stake in this match. The crowd wanted to see the Nastys pull this one out as they had fought so hard, but when they were unable to hit any big moves on Harlem Heat, Booker and Stevie hit the Heat Seeker to pickup the huge victory and stamp their tickets to Fall Brawl.

Winners and Number One Contenders: Harlem Heat

Time: 16:11

When Saturday Night comes back Flyin’ Brian is standing in the middle of the ring, looking unstable at best, which some people actually say is sort of an improvement from where he is usually at. He grabs the microphone as the fans heckle him.

Flyin’ Brian

I was looking at the card for Fall Brawl the other day and I couldn’t help but notice I wasn’t anywhere on it. After some of the performances I’ve put on here in WCW I think I at least deserve to be showcased on a pay-per-view every now and then. I’m better than everybody back behind that curtain, and certainly better than anybody else on the Fall Brawl card, main event included. I’ve gone to the Board of Directors and demanded a match this Sunday, and I’m still waiting to hear back from them, and I intend to stay out here until my request is answered.

After a short moment of silence Eric Bischoff appeared on the stage with a microphone with an announcement from the Board of Directors on Brian’s request.

Eric Bischoff

I’ve been handed an official message from the WCW Board of Directors. Brian, you will indeed have a match at Fall Brawl. And it will be against a man that you are going to get to see in action right now against Dean Malenko. I’m sure some of you remember him from his short time here a few years ago, ladies and gentlemen, Chris Benoit!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/ChrisBenoit.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/DeanMalenko.jpg

Chris Benoit vs. Dean Malenko

These two men aren’t the most famous wrestlers in the world, but there are few that can put on a breath-taking technical showcase like the duo can. They started out the match with very impressive amateur wrestling, each trying to score a takedown so they could get the upper hand. Malenko had the early advantage, but then the pair started a lightning quick series of pinfall attempts with 2 counts in the double digits. Malenko came out of one rollup with the Texas Cloverleaf locked in though, but Benoit reached the ropes. After some more jockeying for position Benoit spiked Malenko with a beautiful German suplex, then headed straight up top where he delivered a Flying Headbutt for the victory.

Winner: Chris Benoit

Time: 11:45

Rating: 69

Ric Flair is seen backstage, and one would think that he would have Eddy Guerrero on the mind, but he didn’t, he still had Hulk Hogan and Sting firmly in his crosshairs.

Ric Flair

I’m not here tonight to talk about my match I’ll have with Eddy Guerrero tomorrow night at Fall Brawl. I’m here to talk about why Ric Flair is the top of the mountain in WCW. Sure some people might say I’m overlooking Eddy. Well damn right I’m overlooking Eddy. He’s a nobody compared to Ric Flair. I built this business! After I make Guerrero submit tomorrow night I’m coming for Hogan and Sting. You two both think you run this company, especially you Hulk. Well I’ve got news for you, you don’t! I’m coming for your World Title Hulk, and Sting, if you get in my way I just might have to take the United States title from you just to show you who’s boss!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RandySavage.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/PaulOrndorff.jpg

This match sees two men who are very established names and are trying to prove that they can still get the job done heading into the second half of the ‘90s. Orndorff looked like he has lost a step in the recent years, and it showed in this match. Savage ran all over the ring, hitting Mr. Wonderful from every angle imaginable, inside the ring and out. Orndorff wasn’t able to get much offense going as Macho Man was looking in great form heading into War Games. Near the end Orndorff got a little spark, but that was put out when he was backdropped while going for the piledriver. Savage quickly headed up top and dropped the Elbow Drop to pick up the momentum building victory.

Winner: Randy Savage

Time: 10:07

Rating: 83

Before the main event of the evening the camera went backstage, where the manager of the Hulkamaniacs going into the War Games match, Jimmy Hart, was in the back talking to Lex Luger. Hart was laying out Luger’s part of the game plan for tomorrow night and Lex looked very pleased at what Hart was saying. They shared a hand shake as they went their separate ways for the evening.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Sting.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/TheZodiac.jpg

Sting vs. Zodiac

These two men with painted faces did battle in the main event of Saturday Night. Zodiac is one of The Taskmaster’s monsters but will not be heading into War Games with his fellow Dungeon of Doom teammates tomorrow night. Zodiac came storming straight out of the gates and wanted to prove to everybody that he’s a productive member of The Dungeon of Doom by taking out Sting. That task proved to be a little more than Zodiac could handle though as Sting over powered him and avoided all of his offense. Zodiac tried a Sleeper Hold, but Sting threw him over his shoulder. After hitting the Stinger Splash, then the Scorpion Deathdrop, Sting locked in the Scorpion Death Lock and Zodiac was forced to submit.

Winner: Sting

Time: 11:53

Rating: 76

After the bell Randy Savage hit the ring and raised Sting’s hand up in the air. The duo was congratulating each other on their big victories heading into War Games tomorrow night and it look like the Hulkamaniacs made up any momentum they may have lost earlier in the week on Monday Nitro. The fans were giving Sting and Savage a huge ovation as they walked to the back and headed towards tomorrow night’s pay-per-view.

Final Rating: 76

TV Rating: 0.43 (+)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/WCWFallBrawl.jpg

WCW Fall Brawl: War Games

WCW Fall Brawl is headlined by the annual showcase, the War Games match. The Hulkamaniacs and The Dungeon of Doom will do battle in the double cage match as Hulk Hogan leads Randy Savage, Sting and Lex Luger to face off with The Taskmaster's team of The Giant, Shark and Meng. The Taskmaster is hellbent on destroying everything involved with Hulk Hogan, so the World Heavyweight Champion could be in trouble being locked in the cages with The Taskmaster's monsters. Hogan has a formidable team though. Which side will come out on top?

Ric Flair has been saying that he is the tops in WCW, and he used force on Eddy Guerrero to get his point across. Eddy broke out of his shell though and said that he will not be pushed around and has to stick up for the Guerrero name. Many people are saying that Flair is overlooking Guerrero. Can Eddy sneak up on Flair and steal a huge pay-per-view victory?

Two titles will be up for grabs at Fall Brawl as The Renegade will defend the World Television Championship against Diamond Dallas Page. The Tag Team Titles will be up for grabs as well as newly crowned champions, The American Males will defend against the number one contenders Harlem Heat.

Other action will see the returning Chris Benoit face off with Flyin' Brian in what promises to be one of the most exciting matches on the card. Jim Duggan will be looking for retribution for the beatings he's taken from Big Bubba Rogers as the two will go one-on-one. In the evening's opening match The Nasty Boys will face The Blue Bloods in a tag team attraction.

Quick Picks

War Games: Hulkamaniacs (Hogan, Savage, Sting, Luger) vs. The Dungeon of Doom (Taskmaster, Shark, The Giant, Meng)

Tag Team Championship: The American Males © vs. Harlem Heat

TV Championship: The Renegade © vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Eddy Guerrero vs. Ric Flair

Chris Benoit vs. Flyin' Brian

Jim Duggan vs. Big Bubba Rogers

The Nasty Boys vs. The Blue Bloods

War Games: Hulkamaniacs (Hogan, Savage, Sting, Luger) vs. The Dungeon of Doom (Taskmaster, Shark, The Giant, Meng)

Giant is the only guy in the Dungeon who I could really see beating anyone from other team so I give this one to Hulk and co.

Males just got the titles so I don´t see them losing those yet.

It´s DDP

Normally I would go with Flair but since the Dungeon vs. Hogan feud will likely continue a little while Flair needs some distraction and loss to Guerro would provide just that.

Personal preferense

Coin flip but since Rogers won their last encounter I´m giving this one to Duggan.

Another coin flip to me, but Nasty´s did better job in that four team elimination match so I give them the edge here.

Because that DOD team really sucks...I mean really sucks...:D

Because I see this show as your way of getting rid of the crappy champions.

Hoooooooo! USA! USA!

Because I really hate the Nasty Boys.

It's not so much that the Dungeon team sucks (I have Meng and Shark pushed well in my game, actually) it's just that the other side has Hogan on it.

It physically pains me to take Marcus Bagwell over Booker T here, but with the Males having just won the belts, I don't see them leaving right away. Unless of course you do feel like being realistic, cause in 95 those titles changed hands more times than people change underwear.

As I stated previous, something tells me you may be one of those guys who would like to see if he can make it work. I don't know why. But I get that feeling.

A win for Eddy would be great, but it'll put him over just as well to have a strong showing. Point goes to Flair, who will be the next contender following the Dungeon.

I see the future loose cannon pulling this one off, and pray that you still turn this around into the Horsemen :D

If your game is like the one I'm playing is, then your upper card is overrun with faces while there are literally no incredibly over heels. Rogers will make a damn good one.

This way we can transition straight into Males vs Blue Bloods for the titles.

Archived