World Championship Wrestling: Where The Big Boys Play (1995)

World Heavyweight Championship: Hulk Hogan © vs. The Taskmaster

Do love how you're basically giving away a months-long built-up match on free tv. Very WCW.

World Television Championship: Diamond Dallas Page © vs. Eddy Guerrero

There will be nothing clean about this win, but it will be a win. An Eddy push for the TV belt will be a good thing.

Randy Savage vs. Arn Anderson

Quite unfortunate really, just that we haven't seen Arn around enough to be able to pick up a win here that won't piss off Savage.

Road Warrior Hawk vs. Lex Luger

Luger seems to be the next big title contender, whereas Hawk will be something once you can eventually sign Animal. It's all about placement.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Heavyweight Championship: Hulk Hogan © vs. The Taskmaster

I really don´t see Taskmaster winning this one.

World Television Championship: Diamond Dallas Page © vs. Eddy Guerrero

Still too early for a title change.

Randy has just done more so far though I could see someone costing him this one.

Road Warrior Hawk vs. Lex Luger

Hawk haven´t done anything so far and Luger seems to be on collision course with Hogan and some other big names.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/WCW_Monday_Nitro.jpg

WCW Monday Nitro

Monday, October Week 1, 1995

Live from MetraPark Arena in Billings, Montana

Attendance: 9,449

Monday Nitro opens up with an impressive pyrotechnics display on the stage, and the fans go crazy for the most explosive hour of live television today. Their mood changes when they see that Jimmy Hart is already standing in the ring with a microphone, it seems none of them have forgiven him for turning his back on Hulk Hogan during the War Games match a few weeks ago.

Jimmy Hart

Easy, easy, before you get all worked up I have to pieces of good news for all you WCW fans. First, we are now the number one wrestling show in the world! It only took a month and we’ve already passed up the opposition on Monday nights! WCW is number one baby!

The fans cheered wildly at this piece of news and chanted WCW several times, proud that their favorite company had surpassed the evil WWF at the top of the rating charts on Monday Night.

Jimmy Hart

And that’s not all folks! I have more good news for you. Tonight you get to see the most impressive athlete WCW has ever seen perform in this ring. That’s right. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the man who will become the new WCW World Heavyweight Champion at Halloween Havoc, Lex Luger!

The fans then showered Hart with a chorus of boos, suddenly remembering Luger and Hart’s backstabbing of the fan favorite, the World Heavyweight Champion, Hulk Hogan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RoadWarriorHawk.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/LexLuger.jpg

Road Warrior Hawk vs. Lex Luger w/ Jimmy Hart

Road Warrior Hawk returns from injury in this match, but he looked like he had a fair amount of ring rust, plus Lex Luger has been on a roll since returning to WCW last month. Neither man is the quickest to ever step foot in a ring, but their hard hitting styles meshed well together, and there were several instances in the match where they stood toe to toe trading heavy artillery back and forth with each other. Hawk had Luger on the ropes several times, but didn’t seem to have anything that could put the future challenger for the WCW Championship away. Luger on the other hand did. He charged and hit the running forearm on Hawk, then hosited him up on his shoulders and locked in the Torture Rack. Hawk become unresponsive and the referee was forced to call for the bell.

Winner: Lex Luger

Time: 8:43

Match Rating: 81

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RandySavage.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/ArnAnderson.jpg

There were a lot of years of experience combined in this match. These two crafty veterans tried everything in the books to gain the upper hand on the other, but both men knew how to defend against these attacks and it looked like a stalemate for much of the beginning of the match. That changed when Macho Man turned up his speed and started using it on Anderson, who couldn’t seem to connect on anything with the former World Champion. Savage charged at Anderson at one point, who went to hit a spinebuster on Savage, but Macho Man reached down and grabbed Anderson’s head, spiking him to the mat with the DDT. Macho Man then saw his opportunity and headed up top, where he flew off with the Flying Elbow Drop, driving his elbow right into the heart of Anderson and putting him down for the three count.

Winner: Randy Savage

Time: 8:17

Match Rating: 80

After the match Macho Man went straight down to ringside and grabbed a microphone and a steel chair. He certainly didn’t to seem to be in his excited Macho Man post-win mood. He got back in the ring and held the chair in one hand and the microphone in the other and began to nearly yell.

Randy Savage

Giant! I know you are back there. Are you afraid to come down and jump me from behind two weeks in a row!? You don’t know who you are messing with do you? I’m the Macho Man Randy Savage, oh yeah! You made the biggest mistake of your life chokeslamming me like you did last week. Why don’t you come down here and face me like a man!

With that challenge The Giant emerged from the entrance way with an evil looking grin on his face. He slowly stalked down towards the ring as Macho Man clutched his steel chair tightly, ready to inflict the same damage that he was put through last week on Nitro. The Giant stepped up on the apron as the fans were buzzing with anticipation. Macho Man was ready to explode as he was ready to throw down right there with the much bigger man. The Giant then let out a scary laugh and dropped back down off the apron, letting Macho Man know that his time will come, but it won’t be tonight on Nitro. Macho Man yelled that The Giant was a coward, but it had no effect on The Giant, who made his way towards the back before he and Savage could have another confrontation.

Eric Bischoff and Bobby Heenan throw things backstage, where Sting and Ric Flair were all set up for their United States Championship match contract signing. Lots of fans and members of the media were in the crowd, and there were several WCW officials sitting between the two men at a long table with a podium in the middle. Sting was called up to the podium first, and he had some words as he put his name as the champion on the contract for the title defense at Halloween Havoc.

Sting

Ric, you and I have been through the ringer with each other. Every time it seems like one of us is finally going to get a little peace in our careers, up pops that old rival. We have both been in WCW for a long time Ric, granted I never jumped shipped for a bigger pay day, but that’s distant history. You say you are the greatest thing going in WCW today, but I’d have to disagree. I heard we are number one in the ratings now, I think that was a team effort. WCW is as great as it is because of names like Hogan, the Stinger, Luger, Savage, Flair. It isn’t one man who makes WCW Ric, it’s all of us. And hopefully after I beat you and put you back in your place at Halloween Havoc, you’ll be able to see that and become the Nature Boy that everybody has learned to respect through the years. But until then, I have no qualms in slapping you around and making sure you know that you are not what makes WCW go around, it’s the fans in the stands and the dedicated roster we have. With that said, I’m hoping all you fans are looking forward to Halloween Havoc, it’s going to be a great event, and I’ll see you all there!

With that Sting signed his name to the contract and went back to his seat to a rousing ovation from the fans in attendance. It was now Ric Flair’s turn, and for some reason Ric Flair was laughing as he approached the podium to put his name down as the challenger for Sting’s United States Championship at Halloween Havoc.

Ric Flair

What a load of crap! You actually think these fans are what make WCW go around Sting? You know they are only here to see the Nature Boy! I’m the greatest thing to ever happen to professional wrestling. When I show up somewhere, people pay big bucks to put their butts in the seats to see the greatest professional wrestler in the world today! When we face off for that United States Championship at Halloween Havoc, you can guarantee that the house will be packed to see me take that championship from your waist. Then I have the leverage I need to come at the World Heavyweight Championship. I don’t care who is holding it, Ric Flair will be the World Champion. That’s right Sting, I don’t care about your United States Championship. I’m going to take it off your waist, them I’m using it to get back into the main event. The Championship Committee can’t snub me after I beat you for the United States title.

After Flair had said this Sting stood up and yelled at Flair that he has to respect this championship. Flair laughed again and then signed his name on the contract, making this huge match official for the end of the month at Halloween Havoc. Flair then showed ultimate disrespect as he walked over to Sting and then spit on his United States Championship. This set Sting off. The United States Champion charged at Flair and the two exchanged blows for a few seconds before security stepped in and separated the duo before they could do too much damage to each other before their match in a little less than a month. It’s clear these men hate each other, and there might be an explosion even before they hook up at Halloween Havoc.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/wcwtv.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/DDP.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/EddieGuerrero.jpg

World Television Championship Match

Diamond Dallas Page © w/ Diamond Doll vs. Eddy Guerrero

Page was the man who issued this open challenge on Saturday Night, but he didn’t seem to think it through all the way. As Page looked like he wanted no part of Guerrero, Eddy came out firing, ready to claim the Television Championship. Page was having a very hard time with the lucha libre style of Guerrero, and he had several near falls in the match, but Page had enough in him to kick out time after time. Page got in a little offense, but it was nothing enough to keep Guerrero down for a three count. Page finally had enough and yelled at the Diamond Doll to get his title, and she handed it to him as he walked out on the match. As the referee counted down Page was leaving, but Guerrero wasn’t having it. He gave chase to Page, who was expecting it and turned around and hit Guerrero square in the head with his title belt, earning the instant disqualification, but keeping his title for another day.

Winner by DQ: Eddy Guerrero

Time: 6:51

Match Rating: 68

The camera goes backstage where Hulk Hogan is marching through the halls, ready to make his way into the arena to put his World Championship up for grabs against his bitter rival, The Taskmaster. When he turned one of the last corners Lex Luger was standing there waiting for him. Hogan readied himself for a fight, but Luger let him know he had nothing to worry about.

Lex Luger

Take it easy champ, I’m not going to fight you now. I’m sure your blood is boiling looking at me, and trust me, we’ll have our time in the middle of the ring. I just wanted to come out here and wish you luck in your title match tonight. To tell the truth Hulk, I hope you destroy The Taskmaster tonight, because when it comes to my title match at Halloween Havoc, I want it to be against you. I want to prove to the world that I am better than you, and I’ll do just that when I become World Heavyweight Champion!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/biggoldwcw2.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/HulkHogan.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/KevinSullivan.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Hulk Hogan © vs. The Taskmaster

The crowd was buzzing for this match, ready to see The Taskmaster get what he has coming to him. Taskmaster is no dummy though as he got the ball in his court with an early rake of the eyes. The Taskmaster let out evil laughs as he hit dirty move after dirty move on Hogan, including biting his forehead and fish hooking his mouth. Hogan looked in pretty rough shape as Taskmaster showed why he is a master at bending the rules and not getting caught. Hogan got on the referee to watch more closely, and as he did Hogan was able to start fighting back with his signature right hands, and the Taskmaster looked like he might be in trouble.

Hogan started mashing Taskmaster’s head around every corner of the ring, and the challenger looked like he was ready to give in. But as quickly as the tide turned earlier, Taskmaster slipped in a low blow to bring Hogan back down on his knees again. The Taskmaster laid the boots to Hogan for a while, then had him flat on his back in the middle of the ring. The fans were in shock as he hit his Double Foot Stomp on Hogan, then The Taskmaster let out an evil laugh at the fans. He was unaware though that this move had no effect on Hogan, and he shot straight up to his feet. The Taskmaster finally saw this and charged at Hogan, who was waiting and hit the Big Boot. He then bounced off the ropes and hit the Legdrop on Taskmaster and got the 1-2-3, putting this bitter rivalry to an end and successfully defending his World Heavyweight Championship.

Winner and Still World Heavyweight Champion: Hulk Hogan

Time: 11:15

Match Rating: 89

Final Rating: 84

TV Rating: 6.24 (+)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/WCW_Saturday_Night.jpg

WCW Saturday Night has a tag team feel to it this week. There will be two tag team matches, plus a handicap match over the two hours of action this week. With all this tag team action the World Tag Team Champions Harlem Heat will be on hand to scout all the talent of the division. The biggest match of the night will occur in the main event as Ric Flair and Arn Anderson will team together to take on the previous Tag Team Champions, The American Males. Flair is gearing up for his big United States Championship match against Sting at Halloween Havoc, so with a focused Nature Boy and his best friend Arn Anderson by his side, the Males could be in trouble.

Last week on Nitro Road Warrior Hawk returned to action after an arm injury, but he fell short of a victory as he fell at the hands of Lex Luger. Hawk gets a second chance on Saturday as he faces former Dungeon of Doom member, Zodiac. Zodiac looked very impressive against Hulk Hogan on last week's Saturday Night, can he pull out a victory in this one against a rusty Road Warrior Hawk.

In other action Johnny B. Badd will be taking on Brian Pillman, who is more focused than ever following his recent behavior change. There will be a handicap match as The Giant will face the team of The Renegade and Cobra. VK Wallstreet will be in action as he battles Chris Benoit, and a solid tag team match will take place as The Nasty Boys face The Blue Bloods.

Quick Pick Guide

The American Males vs. Ric Flair and Arn Anderson

Road Warrior Hawk vs. Zodiac

Johnny B. Badd vs. Brian Pillman

The Renegade and Cobra vs. The Giant

Chris Benoit vs. VK Wallstreet

The Nasty Boys vs. The Blue Bloods

<p>The American Males vs. <em>Ric Flair and Arn Anderson</em></p><p><em>

If not, we riot.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Road Warrior Hawk</em> vs. Zodiac</p><p>

<em>A JTTS Zodiac is still far better than a winning Booty Man.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Johnny B. Badd vs. <em>Brian Pillman</em></p><p>

<em>Badd has had little exposure around, whereas Pillman is getting into this seeming feud with your "fan" who I am hoping is one of the two people I think it is.</em></p><p> </p><p>

The Renegade and Cobra vs. <em>The Giant</em></p><p>

<em>Solid squash.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>Chris Benoit</em> vs. VK Wallstreet</p><p>

<em>As solid as he is, Wallstreet's best days are behind him and should best be putting over the fresh talents.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<em>The Nasty Boys</em> vs. The Blue Bloods</p><p>

<em>God do I wish it would be going the other way, but something tells me not. Nastys vs Heat seems pretty okay for a brawl.</em></p>

<p>The American Males vs. <strong>Ric Flair and Arn Anderson</strong></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Road Warrior Hawk </strong>vs. Zodiac</p><p> </p><p>

Johnny B. Badd vs. <strong>Brian Pillman</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The Renegade and Cobra vs. <strong>The Giant</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Chris Benoit vs. <strong>VK Wallstreet</strong></p><p> </p><p>

The Nasty Boys vs. <strong>The Blue Bloods</strong> </p><p> </p><p>

To hell with the Nasty Boy, I just can't bring myself to pick them.</p>

<p>The American Males vs. <strong>Ric Flair and Arn Anderson</strong></p><p>

<em>Males couldn´t beat Paul Orndorff and One Man Gang so I really don´t see winning this one either.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Road Warrior Hawk </strong>vs. Zodiac</p><p>

<em>I just have to go with Hawk here.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Johnny B. Badd vs. <strong>Brian Pillman</strong></p><p>

<em>Pillman is doing more</em></p><p> </p><p>

The Renegade and Cobra vs. <strong>The Giant</strong></p><p>

<em>Giant won´t lose here even though it´s 2 vs. 1</em></p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chris Benoit </strong>vs. VK Wallstreet</p><p>

<em>Wallstreet haven´t done much yet.</em></p><p> </p><p>

The Nasty Boys vs. <strong>The Blue Bloods </strong></p><p>

<em>Personal preference</em></p>

<p>The American Males vs. <strong>Ric Flair and Arn Anderson</strong></p><p>

No doubt about this one</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Road Warrior Hawk</strong> vs. Zodiac</p><p>

Boy, Hawk wasnt impressive vs Luger... He needs to be built back up.. And a loss to The Zodiac, would mean he must be on his way out (i'd think)</p><p> </p><p>

Johnny B. Badd vs. <strong>Brian Pillman</strong></p><p>

Nice little match here, but like others said...Pillman has more going on</p><p> </p><p>

The Renegade and Cobra vs. <strong>The Giant</strong></p><p>

squash</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Chris Benoit</strong> vs. VK Wallstreet</p><p>

If this was Benoit vs Mike Rotundo (say of the Varsity Club) that would be a great match, but this is VK Wallstreet JTTS</p><p> </p><p>

The Nasty Boys vs. <strong>The Blue Bloods </strong></p><p>

Probably wrong on this one, but I too prefere the Blue Bloods or just prefer everyone else to The Nasty's</p>

WCW Saturday Night

Saturday, October Week 1, 1995

Taped at the Pacific Sports Center in Vallejo, California

Attendance: 1,000 (Sellout!)

WCW Saturday Night starts of with the familiar music of The Nature Boy Ric Flair, and he makes his way out to the ring with his best friend Arn Anderson. The duo aren’t even acknowledging fans as they walk down the aisle towards the ring, and the fans are letting them hear it with a chorus of boos to let them know they disapprove of their current attitudes. Neither man looks like he could care less as Anderson grabs the microphone from ringside.

Arn Anderson

You know what? I’m getting sick and tired of every one of you disrespecting the greatest wrestler of this generation like this. Ric Flair has done more in his life than every one of you put together. It makes me sick to hear Ric booed like this everywhere we go. You wonder why Ric does some of the things that he does? It’s because each one of you push him to do it. No matter what he does it’s not good enough for you all, so why care about you when you don’t show him any respect anyways.

Ric Flair

Thanks for the kind words pal, and he’s right, I don’t respect a single one of you because you don’t respect me. Just like that good for nothing Sting doesn’t respect me. I paved the way for him to come into WCW and make quite the career for himself. But what does he do, he constantly questions everything I do and won’t stay out of my business! I had no problem with you this time Sting, I wanted Hogan. But you went and stuck your nose where it didn’t belong, now I’m going to slap the paint off your face! You showed me Monday that you don’t have any respect for the greatest athlete WCW has ever seen, well come Halloween Havoc, I’ll beat some respect into you! WOOOO!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BrianKnobbs.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JerrySags.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/StevenRegal.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BobbyEaton.jpg

Talk about a contrast in styles. These two teams met a few weeks ago with The Nasty’s coming out on top over the technical stylings of Regal and Eaton. The Blue Bloods aren’t dumb though and they completely changed their style coming into this match and impressed everybody as they were throwing hands with Sags and Knobbs very well. Brawling is the Nasty’s game though and they had the upper hand, that is until an Eaton right hand found it’s way below the belt, then Regal was tagged in. He then locked Jerry Sags in a move he calls the Regal Stretch, and after a short struggle the referee called for the bell.

Winners: The Blue Bloods

Time: 10:03

Match Rating: 69

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/ChrisBenoit.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/IRS.jpg

Chris Benoit vs. VK Wallstreet

These two men are both solid technicians, and it showed in their work together. Wallstreet isn’t the most honest competitor though and he found several shortcuts to catch the youngster off guard and give himself the advantage. He then pummeled Benoit into the mat as the fans booed him for several minutes to having to use underhanded tactics to get the hand up on Benoit. Wallstreet then worked over Benoit as the fans tried to get behind him, and it worked for him as he reversed a move from Wallstreet into a German Suplex. Benoit then hit several variations on the suplex before going up top and nailing the Flying Headbutt to get the three count.

Winner: Chris Benoit

Time: 15:24

Match Rating: 67

The Renegade and Cobra made their way into the ring for their upcoming handicap match against The Giant, and as the mammoth wrestler made his way to the ring Cobra tried barking orders at Renegade to prepare for their match, but Renegade was too busy running around the aprons firing himself up. The Giant wasn’t quite ready for the match though as he grabbed a microphone from ringside and entered the ring as he spoke for one of the first times in WCW on his own.

The Giant

Macho Man Randy Savage! Consider yourself lucky. If I wanted to I could have swatted that chair out of your hands on Monday night and Chokeslammed you in the middle of the ring once again. But I wanted you healthy Savage. The first time I took you out it was to send a message, I’m coming after you. Now you serve one purpose. At Halloween Havoc I’m challenging you to a match, and when I beat you in the middle of the ring everybody will know that The Giant isn’t going to let anybody stand in his way! And your friend Hulk Hogan can watch too, because sooner or later he’ll have to pay the piper for what he did to my father, and when I get the chance I will destroy him!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Renegade.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Cobra.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/TheGiant.jpg

The Renegade and Cobra vs. The Giant

Last week The Renegade felt what The Giant could do first hand, but once again, he didn’t have much strategy other than charging straight forward. This time though he had the military man, Cobra on his side. As Giant was trying to fight off Renegade, Cobra struck from behind. The two unloaded on Giant, who was staggered but never fell down to his feet. Cobra jumped on Giant’s back, which was the worst thing he could have done because it gave The Giant a weapon. The Giant grabbed him and used him as a projectile as he threw him right into The Renegade, sending him out of the ring. He then grabbed Cobra around the throat and hit the Chokeslam to get yet another victory.

Winner: The Giant

Time: 7:36

Match Rating: 65

Saturday Night is thrown to a pre-recorded video segment as Lex Luger and Jimmy Hart are standing by with something to say.

Jimmy Hart

Well done Hogan, you are still World Heavyweight Champion, I had a feeling you would beat Sullivan. How does it feel to know that your days as champion are numbered Hulk? At Halloween Havoc you will be facing off with my newest client, Lex Luger!

Lex Luger

I told you not to worry Hogan, I’d let you take care of your business on Monday night, and boy did you ever. You looked very good in your title defense Hulk, but you have to realize that I’m no Kevin Sullivan. You are not dealing with some mastermind who hides behind his monsters anymore, you are dealing with the Total Package! I’ve come to WCW to prove that I’m the best professional wrestler in the world, regardless of promotion. When I take the World Title from around your waist and hoist it into the air, everybody will recognize that The Total Package is the real deal!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/MarcMero.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BrianPillman.jpg

Johnny B. Badd vs. Brian Pillman

This match was a very high paced match between two men who would do anything to get the three count for himself. It started out like a normal wrestling match with several back and forth moves between the two men for several minutes. Johnny B. Badd realized that what sets him apart is his high speed, high risk moves, and he started opening the offense up as Pillman got hit by several big moves, highlighted by the Badd Day, which only got Johnny a two count. Badd had a number of close pinfalls after that, but Pillman kept fighting back, then finally hit Air Pillman out of nowhere to get the three count victory.

Winner: Brian Pillman

Time: 12:13

After the match Brian Pillman was celebrating his victory in the middle of the ring, when all of a sudden he was attacked by a fan once again. The cameras caught the mystery man jumping onto Pillman, then unloading with right hands. The security team rushed the ring as the cameras cut to the announce table as Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan told the fans that this man was being dragged away and was probably going to spend the night in jail, and Heenan called him a real idiot. The camera went back to Pillman after the fan was out of the ring, and he was irate. He yelled at security for letting the fan get to him again, then yelled that if the fan shows back up here in WCW he’s going to get hurt.

Saturday Night goes back to another pre-recorded interview, this time Gene Okerlund is standing by with Eddy Guerrero.

Gene Okerlund

Eddy, you had a tough night on Nitro in your Television Title match with Diamond Dallas Page. You were able to pick up the victory, but it was by disqualification as DDP used his championship belt up against your head as he tried to run from the match. Your thoughts?

Eddy Guerrero

It was a cowardly act Gene. DDP knew that I had him beat. I was getting fired up knowing that I was going to be the new Television Champion. Then Page, you ran like a little girl esse. I wasn’t going to let that happen, so I went to get you. I should have known you had something planned, and the next thing I know I was getting scraped off the entrance ramp by the medical team. Page, you can’t think this is over. You crossed the line DDP, and next time you cross my path, I don’t care about the championship, I’m coming after your career!

The camera goes to a different spot in the backstage area, where Mike Tenay is standing by with Road Warrior Hawk.

Mike Tenay

I’m here with Road Warrior Hawk, who returned to action on Nitro after being out several months with an arm injury. Hawk, you were unable to defeat Lex Luger in your first match back, but you get a second chance tonight as you face off with former Dungeon of Doom member, Zodiac.

Road Warrior Hawk

Weeelllllll Mike. You’re right, I couldn’t get the job done against Lex Luger. It’d been awhile since I was in the middle of the ring, and Lex is at the top of his game, I have to give him the respect he deserves for a good victory. But Zodiac, you are in trouble my friend. Lots of people say that Road Warrior Hawk is go good without my long time tag team partner, just like he’s no good with me. I say that we can each stand on our own two feet and get the job done, and tonight I’m going to prove to everybody in this arena that I can get the job done on my own! What a rush!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RoadWarriorHawk.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/TheZodiac.jpg

Road Warrior Hawk vs. Zodiac

Both of these face painted wrestlers came into this match wanting to prove that they could stand on their own two feet and get the job done. Zodiac looked very good near the beginning of the match, but as things wore on Hawk started to look stronger and stronger, and it appeared since Monday night most of the ring rust had worn off. He powered Zodiac around for a few mintues, before heading up top and waiting for him to get back up. Hawk then flew off and hit the Flying Clothesline and got the three count.

Winner: Road Warrior Hawk

Time: 7:34

When Saturday Night came back from commercial, the World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan was backstage talking to WCW crew members, then all of a sudden a defeated Zodiac came into view. Hogan must have sensed something, because he came up to Zodiac, who looked like he was ready to fight Hogan.

Hulk Hogan

Easy, easy, I don’t want to fight. You aren’t fooling anybody brother, we all know it’s you. Why do you continue to be under the trance of The Taskmaster brother? Everybody knows that you are a good man and that you were a victim in this whole thing. I know you are in there deep Brother Brutus. We are family, I could really use my brother back right now.

Zodiac’s face changed all of a sudden, and he looked like he was about to say something to Hogan, but instead just put his head down like a broken man and walked out of view as the champion just shook his head in disappointment.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/MarcusBagwell.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/ScottyRiggs.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RicFlair.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/ArnAnderson.jpg

The American Males vs. Ric Flair and Arn Anderson

While the American Males are the former World Tag Team Champions, they were severe underdogs against one of the greatest duos to step foot in a wrestling ring. The Males are pure energy, and they showed that by coming out of the gate very quickly. Flair and Anderson knew that this match wasn’t going to be won in the opening moments though and bid their time throughout. Every chance they got they planted a big shot in on either Riggs or Bagwell, and it was obvious that their plan was working as the former Tag Champs slowed down considerably. Flair smelled blood in the water then and started working over Bagwell. Anderson then asked to be tagged in, and Flair obliged. Bagwell saw Anderson and got up and charged at him, but Arn was ready with a huge Spinebuster that got his team the main event victory.

Winners: Ric Flair and Arn Anderson

Time: 14:39

Match Rating: 78

Final Rating: 69

TV Rating: 0.42 (-)

Monday Nitro is going to be headlined by a blockbuster main event this week. Three weeks short of their matches at Halloween Havoc, four very combustable elements step in the ring as the team of The Giant and Lex Luger will face off with their respective opponents for the pay-per-view, Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan in the biggest tag team match in the short history of Monday Nitro. Luger will be challenging Hogan for the title at Halloween Havoc, so this is his chance to team with The Giant to hurt Hulkamania. On the other hand, Macho Man Randy Savage will have his good friend Hulk Hogan on his side to try to show The Giant that he can hold his own against him in a fight. This main event will reveal the answers to lots of questions, don't miss it.

The undercard will see a great match between two very prominent wrestlers in WCW as Sting will do battle with The Taskmaster. These two have crossed paths before as Sting was on Hulk Hogan's team in his battle with The Dungeon of Doom. Now Sting is preparing for an epic encounter with Ric Flair at Halloween Havoc. With that showdown on the horizon, will Sting be able to keep focused on the task at hand, or is he looking over The Taskmaster to his fight with his longtime rival.

Other action will see two very powerful wrestlers do battle as the recently returned Road Warrior Hawk will face Meng. Hawk had an up and down week in his first week back, he looks to get his second week off to a better start than last week. Meng is no pushover though, and he is looking to get his solo career in WCW off the ground since his split with The Dungeon of Doom. The other match of the evening will see Eddy Guerrero against Brian Pillman. Guerrero had a Television Title match on Nitro last week, but DDP used underhanded tactics to keep his title. Pillman has been troubled as well recently as an obsessive fan has attacked him twice already. Will this match be a clean and fair one, or will some other sort of shinnanegans that seems to follow these two around happen again?

Quick Picks

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage vs. Lex Luger and The Giant

Sting vs. The Taskmaster

Road Warrior Hawk vs. Meng

Eddy Guerrero vs. Brian Pillman

I think Luger is going to need some build heading into a singles match with Hogan... Im sure Hogan wont job, so maybe a DQ or CO gives Luger the "W"

Sting vs. The Taskmaster

10 years too late for Sullivan in this match

Meng just isnt a singles push guy in WCW... Hawk you can get some mileage out of..

Guerrero thanks to the fan

This seems like a match were Hulk can lose and I think that heels would get more from the win.

Sting vs. The Taskmaster

I just don´t trust Taskmaster and his ability to get big wins.

Hawk is doing more.

fan makes another interference costing Pillman this match.

The Mega-Powers don't lose. It doesn't happen, no matter who its to. DQ win, I'm sure.

Sting vs. The Taskmaster

I'd say the Taskmaster is pretty well done. It won't be long until he's disappeared into managing Giant solely, or else just disappeared.

They're kinda both JTTS for now...

It's a solid push forward for Eddy, and I won't be surprised to see him with gold before long. Pillman, however, has his own problems with the fan, and that will be the deciding factor in what should be a very even-paced match.

WCW Monday Nitro

Monday, October Week 2, 1995

Live from Selland Arena in Fresno, California

Attendance: 10,000 (Sellout!)

Monday Nitro gets underway with it’s very impressive pyrotechnics display that gets the fans pumped up for the most exciting hour of professional wrestling on television today. Just when you think the crowd couldn’t get any louder, the music of World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan played over the arena and sent the crowd into a frenzy. Hogan made his way down to the ring, stopping and high fiving all the little Hulkamaniacs that he could before he got to the ring steps and entered the ring. He got a microphone from ringside and started to address the sellout crowd here tonight.

Hulk Hogan

Let me tell you all something brothers, it feels good to finally have gotten that monkey known as The Taskmaster off my back. I don’t think he’ll be bothering any of the Hulkamaniacs anymore. Now it seems that I’m going from one challenge to another as I’ve got a match for this World Title with Lex Luger in a few weeks at Halloween Havoc. That just comes with the territory of being the man who holds this title though. Luger, if you think you are just going to walk over me to take this title, you’ve got another thing coming brother…

It didn’t take long for Lex Luger to have heard enough from Hulk Hogan, and he came down to the ring, but he wasn’t alone. Trailing him closely behind was the behemoth, The Giant. Luger had a microphone in his hand, and he seemed like he had words for the man he would challenge for the World Championship at Halloween Havoc.

Lex Luger

Hogan, I’m glad you came ready for action, because as you may have heard we have quite the tag team main event planned for tonight. For those of you that haven’t heard, it will be Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage teaming to go against The Giant and The Total Package! Everybody says that Hogan and Savage are unbeatable when they get together, but they will learn tonight that The Giant is the most intimidating force in WCW, and Lex Luger is the greatest professional wrestler in the world today! And after you two fall here tonight, you will both fall at Halloween Havoc, and WCW will be ushered into a whole new era!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/EddieGuerrero.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BrianPillman.jpg

These two men faced off in the first ever match on Monday Nitro more than a month ago with Guerrero coming out on top, and Pillman was ready to bring his new attitude into play and turn that result around. Things were going very good for Pillman as he was clearly dominating the match as it looked like Guerrero was foggy after taking a belt shot to the head last week. He was able to shake the cobwebs loose though as Pillman tried his finisher, Air Pillman, and Eddy got out of the way. He started chaining moves together before Pillman squashed it with a DDT. The referee went to see if Guerrero could continue, fearing he had a concussion, as Pillman headed up top. In a split second a man jumped up on the apron and shoved Pillman off and into the middle of the ring. Guerrero came around and rolled Pillman up in a complicated pinning predicament and got the victory.

Winner: Eddy Guerrero

Time: 7:56

Match Rating: B

After the match Guerrero quickly exited the ring as Pillman was trying to figure out what happened in the ring. Then he saw the man start to enter the ring, and he looked around waiting for security, but none came. Pillman looked genuinely frightened as the fans started to realize who this man was and get to their feet. He had been in WCW before, and he was sporting a new shaved head that made him look significantly different, which is why many people didn’t recognize him in the very short bursts they were able to see him as he attacked Pillman in recent weeks. Pillman quickly exited the ring as his attacker slowly stalked him around the ring, and Pillman grabbed a microphone as he tried to stay away from his now stalker.

Brian Pillman

Security! Get out here right now! This man has no business being in a WCW ring anymore, we was fired! Get out here!

With that Pillman was cut off as Gene Okerlund stood came out onto the entrance ramp and seemed to have an announcement for Pillman and all the fans.

Gene Okerlund

Mr. Pillman, the WCW Board of Directors have asked me to come out here and make an announcement. They have recently wrapped up negotiations with that man in the ring with you, and he indeed is a member of WCW once again. I give you all the newest acquisition to WCW, “Stunning” Steve Austin!

Pillman was in shock as he was fully focused on Okerlund. Pillman had quite the history with Austin and looked like he had seen a ghost when he heard this announcement. He was so shocked he even forgot that Austin was in the ring with him. He tapped Pillman on the shoulder, and as Pillman swallowed hard he turned around with a grimaced look on his face. Austin was grinning from ear to ear, then he kicked Pillman square in the gut and hit him with the Stunner, leaving Pillman out cold on the mat as he held his hands high to the great ovation he got for taking out Pillman in his return to the company.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RoadWarriorHawk.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Meng.jpg

This match was all about power. Hawk looked like he didn’t have anymore ring rust as he came out firing against Meng, and the big man from the Pacific was stumbling all over as Hawk pummeled him around the ring. Hawk slammed him a few times, and Meng decided it was time to head out of the ring and collect his thoughts. That’s not all he did though, he slipped on his golden spike which he has used to take out numerous men. As Hawk reached over the ropes to try to pull Meng in, the monster used the spike right into the throat of Hawk, earning himself and instant disqualification.

Winner by DQ: Road Warrior Hawk

Time: 4:10

Match Rating: C

After the match Hawk was holding his throat in the middle of the ring as Meng got back in. He wasn’t alone though as fellow monster Shark made his way down to the ring and stood side by side with Meng. The two shared a look, then started laying the boots to Hawk together. The fans were irate as the two big men were stomping away on Hawk, and Shark was ready to drop a splash onto the chest of him. The fans erupted though as Chris Benoit sprinted down to the ring with a steel chair in his hands. He got a solid swing at Meng, but Shark bailed before he could get hit. Shark helped Meng up as the two backed down while Benoit made sure that Hawk wasn’t injured. Benoit stood on the second rope and asked Meng and Shark to get back in the ring, but they weren’t biting. Hawk thanked Benoit for coming to is aid as Nitro went to commercial.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Sting.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/KevinSullivan.jpg

Sting vs. The Taskmaster

The Taskmaster seemed like a different man in this match. He wasn’t so much a defeated man, but he was certainly more docile. There was no yelling at fans or threats, he just got in the ring and competed. Taskmaster showed why he got as far as he did, he can still go in the ring, and he locked Sting in some holds that could have finished off many men on the WCW roster, but there was no quit in the United States Champion Sting. He forced Taskmaster back into a corner, then uncoiled with the Stinger Splash multiple times. Taskmaster tried fighting back from there, but he wasn’t able to and was dropped with the Scorpion Death Drop. Sting then called out to the fans and locked in the Scorpion Death Lock, and the referee was forced to call for the bell as he felt Taskmaster couldn’t continue.

Winner: Sting

Time: 11:21

Match Rating: B

After the bell there was no time wasted as Ric Flair marched straight down to the ring as security officials quickly made their way down the ramp and tried to stop Flair from getting down into the ring. Flair was shoving them away and pointing at the man he will challenge for the United States Championship at Halloween Havoc, Sting. The WCW Board of Directors must have known it was going to hit the fan because security quickly filed into the ring to keep Sting from getting to Flair as well. Eventually the two came face to face as security tried getting them to give each other a little room. Flair was barking in Sting’s face, then it happened. Sting had heard enough of Flair’s threats and unloaded on The Nature Boy with a right hand.

The two traded a flurry of blows as officials got in between the two men and separated them as quickly as this fight had gotten started. Flair broke free of his security and ran back across the ring and he and Sting were quickly going at it again. They matched blow for blow as they were once again separated. Sting calmed down and told security to let him go, he was okay. As soon as they did Sting sprinted towards Flair and leaped in a Stinger Splash style jump and landed right in the middle of Flair and the officials, sending most of them down to the mat. Sting got in a few punches on Flair before Ric rolled out of the ring and headed towards the back, flanked by security. Sting yelled at Flair to get back into the ring, he wasn’t done with him, but Flair had seemed to have enough Sting for one night.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/HulkHogan.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RandySavage.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/LexLuger.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/TheGiant.jpg

The Giant and Lex Luger are a pairing that would intimidate most people, but Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage are no strangers to dealing with giants. From the start Hogan and Savage used their great teamwork to their advantage while Luger and The Giant couldn’t get on the same page at all. That didn’t really matter though once The Giant got in the ring and he started pummeling away on both Hogan and Savage. His attention turned to Hogan solely, and he worked him over as the fans tried to get Hogan back up to his feet, but he was using his raw power to keep him from a comeback. After a few thunderous bodyslams The Giant tagged out to Luger, and it was time for a little preview for Halloween Havoc as the main event competitors were about to square off.

Things weren’t even in this preview though as Luger just continued the beat down that The Giant started on the World Heavyweight Champion. Luger was looking very smug as he kept Hogan from coming back, but after a bodyslam the Hulkster got his second wind and popped right back up. He then ran over Luger with a clothesline, and made the tag to Macho Man. Savage came in like a house of fire and chopped Luger down, then went right after The Giant. He started throwing punches at The Giant, and even knocked him off the apron with a huge dropkick. Savage then went back at Luger and planted him with an atomic drop, then headed up top. He didn’t think The Giant could be back up though, but he was, and he was angry. As the referee was checking on Luger, The Giant got back up on the apron, and this time he had Hogan’s World Title belt in his hands. He blasted the belt right into Macho’s back, which left him out cold on the top rope. Luger almost miraculously came around after this had occurred and went over to Savage. He used his raw strength to lift Savage off the top and into a Torture Rack as The Giant cut Hogan off from breaking this up. The referee checked on Savage, who was out cold, and he called for the bell, bringing this main event to a shocking finish.

Winners: Lex Luger and The Giant

Time: 11:18

Match Rating: B-

Final Rating: C+

TV Rating: 5.34 (Down from last week, Lost to WWF Raw)

WCW Saturday Night continues to put the premier talent in WCW on display every Saturday Night on TBS. This week the main event is a huge United States Championship match. Before the United States Champion Sting can make it through to Halloween Havoc to face Ric Flair, he's got ot go through the mammoth challenge of Shark. The Championship Committee has stated that if Shark should win the title, the Flair vs. Sting match will go on as scheduled, but without the title in the match. Can Sting defeat this giant from the deep, or will Shark use his size to gain a championship of his own.

Macho Man Randy Savage came out on the losing end of Nitro's main event tag team match, and on Saturday Night Macho Man will try to right the ship heading into his Halloween Havoc showdown with The Giant. He won't have an easy tune up though as he faces the talented VK Wallstreet. Will Wallstreet use his cunning style to get a victory, or is Macho Man going to be too much for Wallstreet to handle?

In other action Eddy Guerrero will face a big challenge in Big Bubba Rogers, the WCW Tag Team Champions Harlem Heat will face the team of Alex Wright and Johnny B. Badd, Paul Orndorff and One Man Gang will face Road Warrior Hawk and a partner of his choosing, one half of the former Tag Team Champions, Scotty Riggs will face the Face of Fear, Meng, and in a rematch from last week, The Nasty Boys will face The Blue Bloods. Also tune in to hear from the man who made a shocking return to WCW on Nitro, Steve Austin.

Quick Pick Guide

United States Championship: Sting © vs. Shark

Randy Savage vs. VK Wallstreet

Eddy Guerrero vs. Big Bubba Rogers

Alex Wright and Johnny B. Badd vs. Harlem Heat

Road Warrior Hawk and ??? vs. Paul Orndorff and One Man Gang

Scotty Riggs vs. Meng

Sting will likely move to main event title scene soon but I don´t see Shark being able to get the title off from Stinger.

Bigger name

Guerro had been doing more so far.

Real team over random pairing

Hawk and mystery man in the same team is just too much for me to ignore considering that their opponents aren´t really all that big names

Scotty Riggs vs. Meng

Not sure about this one but one of those former Dungeon of Doom guys could use the win (actually they all could but maybe one of them actually has a shot to get one.)

Blue Bloods got the last win so guess this is Nasty Boys turn.

Scotty Riggs vs. Meng

I know logic dictates that The Nasty Boys should win this match. I say screw logic because I never want to see The Nasty Boys win again.

I like your announcement that if the Shark wins, The Sting vs Flair match is still on without the title... Im really trying to picture the title over the shoulder of the Shark and no matter how hard I try I cant do it

Savage needs some momentum back and he gets it at IRS... I mean Rotundo, I mean Captain Mike, I mean Wallstreet's expense

I want to pick Big Bubba here,... It be cool in my book if he cn beat Guerrero, but I dont think he does

Not a chance

Orndorff and gang had a nice win a bit ago, but The Mystery opponenet makes me go in that direction

Scotty Riggs vs. Meng

I like the faces of fear... Thats a potent team... Not nearly as much love for anything to do with The American males

BHK1978... My Sentiments..exactly

Archived