World Championship Wrestling: Where The Big Boys Play (1995)

This dynasty starts with the first ever episode of Monday Nitro and goes on from there. Some things will be kept the same in WCW, some won't. I hope you all enjoy a look back into the history of professional wrestling and the beginning of the Monday Night Wars.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/WCW_Monday_Nitro1_cutout_by_Crank.png

Monday, September Week 1, 1995: Tonight live on TNT a new day will dawn in the world of professional wrestling. Gone are the days of fans having no choice in the "wrestling" programming they watch on television. Tonight, for the first time ever World Championship Wrestling will come into your homes live on Monday night. WCW's new flagship show, Monday Nitro will take viewers on a one hour thrill ride like no other television programming can offer. Names such as Hulk Hogan, Sting, Ric Flair, Randy Savage, The Dungeon of Doom and many more will be appearing on this groundbreaking television program that will give you the fan what you want week in and week out. World Championship Wrestling not only promises to bring in the biggest names in professional wrestling, we also promise to provide you with innovative matches from great athletes from across the globe.

It's time for World Championship Wrestling to shake things up. The competition should be worried, because World Championship Wrestling is truly where the big boys play!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

World Championship Wrestling Titleholders

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/biggoldwcw2.jpg

World Heavyweight Championship

Hulk Hogan

Won July, Week 3, 1994

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/wcwus.jpg

United States Championship

Arn Anderson

Won November, Week 3, 1995

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/wcwtag3.jpg

World Tag Team Championship

Harlem Heat

Won September, Week 3, 1995

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/wcwtv.jpg

World Television Championship

Diamond Dallas Page

Won September, Week 3, 1995

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/WCW_Monday_Nitro1_cutout_by_Crank.png

The first ever WCW Monday Nitro comes to you live this week from Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky. All the big names are lined up to appear at this historic event in some way, and there promises to be some surprises as the evening unfolds as well. Be sure to be one of the great WCW fans watching the first hour of WCW television on Monday Nights and show the competition where a true wrestling fan's heart lies.

The first ever Monday Nitro has a blockbuster double main event prepared for the sell-out crowd expected in Freedom Hall. In the first main event two bitter rivals will collide as former World Champions and long time rivals Sting and Ric Flair will go one-on-one. These two men embody all that WCW is about, and they will provide lifelong WCW fans, as well as first time viewers a great match.

The other main event features the most popular wrestler in the history of wrestling, the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan going up against one of the deadliest members of The Taskmaster's Dungeon of Doom, Shark. The Taskmaster is hellbent on ending Hulkamania once and for all, and he will be at ringside to see if one of his many monsters can squash Hulkamania and deliver the power of the Hulkamaniacs to him.

Be sure you tune into this historic television event this Monday night on TNT, you don't want to be the only one of your friends to miss out on it. Monday Nitro promises to be the most exciting hour of television all week, and you never know who will show up or what will happen. World Championship Wrestling and Monday Nitro truly is where the big boys play!

Quick Picks

Hulk Hogan vs. Shark

Sting vs. Ric Flair

Eddy Guerrero vs. Flyin' Brian

Hulk Hogan vs. Shark

Sting vs. Ric Flair

Eddy Guerrero vs. Flyin' Brian

Nice card to kick things off... Pillman/Guerrero steal the show... Classic Flair/Sting never know what going to happen and of course Hogan, where we absolutely know what going to happen (Powers up comeback, no sell, big legdrop 1..2..3..)

Thanks for predicting. I usually don't do predictions for TV shows, but I felt it'd be cool for the first Nitro card ever. Hope you all enjoy the show.

WCW Monday Nitro

Monday, September Week 1, 1995

Live from Freedom Hall in Louisville, Kentucky

Attendance: 15,000 (Sellout)

The first ever Monday Nitro gets kicked off with a great opening video of the camera going down a dark street with explosions going off around the images of the stars of World Championship Wrestling. The camera then pans to the inside of a packed Freedom Hall in Louisville as the announce team of Eric Bischoff and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan welcome the fans to this groundbreaking event in professional wrestling history. After the fans are welcomed by the duo they pitch it to World Championship Wrestling’s main interviewer, Mean Gene Okerlund.

Gene Okerlund

Thanks a lot Eric and Brain. I’d like to first add that I’m personally very proud to be coming to you live on TNT here on this groundbreaking edition of WCW Monday Nitro! With this historic event there can only be one man to start off Monday Nitro. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the man that has been WCW World Heavyweight Champion for well over a year now, The Immortal Hulk Hogan!

Hogan’s music plays as the overflow crowd shoots to their feet to see the entrance of their World Heavyweight Champion. Hogan enters the arena in his signature red and yellow with the big gold belt secured tightly around his waist. He high fives fans down the entrance area as he makes his way to the ring and shakes the hand of his longtime friend Mean Gene Okerlund.

Gene Okerlund

Hulk Hogan everybody! It’s an exciting time here in World Championship Wrestling, and tonight you are going to be in the first ever main event of Monday Nitro when you take on one of The Taskmaster’s newest monsters in the Dungeon of Doom, Shark. You’re thoughts champ?

Hulk Hogan

Well let me tell you something Mean Gene! Ever since that bald headed pasty guy who holds the power in the Dungeon of Doom has showed up there has been nothing but trouble for Hulk Hogan. The Master has been providing the Taskmaster with new monsters week in and week out, and now I get to face off against Shark tonight in the main event. I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t worried about his sheer size, but I’ve toppled bigger men in my career.

Speaking of which, The Taskmaster’s newest monster has me scratching my head. The Giant has started showing up at WCW events, and as you may have heard he is the son of my late friend Andre the Giant. I just don’t get it, sure Andre and I had the biggest battle in the history of professional wrestling, but why does his son blame me for his death? Andre and I had reconciled from our differences back in 87, now his son is set on destroying Hulkamania in the name of his father. This guy is eerily similar to his father early in his career as well, he moves around better than guy’s half his size, and….

Just then, the maniacal laughing of The Taskmaster cuts off Hulk Hogan as he makes his way out into the entrance way, but doesn’t dare step in the ring with Hogan by himself.

The Taskmaster

Somebody impressed with my new Giant much? Hahahaha! Tonight you shouldn’t be worried about my Giant, you should be worried about Shark eating you whole! Hulkamania will come to an end, but not tonight Hogan. Don’t get me wrong, I’m chomping at the bit to take that title off of you and send you out of wrestling for good, but I’m going to bide my time until War Games in three weeks. That’s right, a 4 on 4 double cage match. My team is already set Hogan, it’ll be myself, Shark, Meng and of course my Giant. I hear you are bringing Sting and Randy Savage with you, but you don’t have a 4th. How are you going to beat me with 3 men Hogan!? I suggest you take this time and reflect on your career, because come Fall Brawl Hulkamania dies!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/EddieGuerrero.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BrianPillman.jpg

Eddy Guerrero vs. Flyin’ Brian

This was the first match in the history of Monday Nitro, and it would set the pace for what WCW is all about. The two men came flying out of the gate starting the match with a handful of holds and counter holds on each other. There were absolutely no rest holds or breathers in this match as they went all out for the entirety. Near the end the two traded about three pinning predicaments each before Guerrero caught Brian with an enzuguri. He then headed straight up to the top, but Brian got up and met him at the top. Guerrero quickly smashed Brian’s head off the top turnbuckle, then lept off with a Frog Splash to get the victory in Nitro’s debut match.

Winner: Eddy Guerrero

Time: 4:45

Rating: 73

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this exciting match the came goes backstage to Mean Gene Okerlund in the locker room of multiple time former World Champion “Nature Boy” Ric Flair.

Gene Okerlund

I’m joined at this time by one of the most decorated men in the history of this sport, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Ric, tonight you have a tough task as you take on one of your most storied rivals, the United States Heavyweight Champion Sting.

Ric Flair

Stinger! You and I have tangoed in the past. I’ve beaten you some, you’ve beaten me some, we both know where we stand in this rivalry we’ve had since you came into my backyard. But the game has changed in the past year Sting. Ever since Hulk Hogan has invaded my backyard much like you have he’s been given all the breaks here in WCW. I’m not going to stand for it anymore! I’m the flagship of this organization. I’m the man who put WCW on the map! Tonight’s match is not for your championship, and I could care less. I don’t want the United States Championship Sting, I want my big gold belt back! Hulk Hogan, my sights are squarely on you. Personally I hope you slap the snot out of the Dungeon of Doom, because once those jokes are out of the way I’m coming for Hulkamania! I’m the greatest thing going today, and once I make you give up in the middle of the ring everybody will realize that Ric Flair is the true ruler of World Championship Wrestling! Woooo!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Sting.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RicFlair.jpg

United States Champion Sting vs. Ric Flair

Both men came into this match very confident. Flair had his famous arrogant personality about him, while Sting was bouncing down the aisle, high fiving fans the whole way and looking like he was having the time of his life on the first ever Nitro. Like other matches between the duo things started out very slow in this one as they spent time trying to feel each other out. Sting was able to match Flair hold for hold, and eventually Flair grew tired of it and poked Sting is the eyes. It didn’t take long for Flair to start going to work on the legs of Sting, trying to soften him up for the Figure Four Leglock. Eventually the crowd starting stomping and chanting for Sting, and he fought out of a leg bar and started whaling away at the Nature Boy.

Sting kept up the offense for a prolonged period of time and it looked like Flair was on the ropes. He hit Flair with an inverted atomic drop, sending him staggering into the corner. Sting then backed to the opposite corner and dashed at Flair. He leaped into the air for the Stinger Splash, but Flair was able to pull the referee in front of him as Sting pancaked the official. It only took moments for Flair’s partner Arn Anderson to come running out and him the ring. He tried for a lariat on Sting, but he was able to duck out of the way and Sting caught him with a Scorpion Death Drop. As the referee started to come to Flair snuck up on Sting and nailed a low blow from behind. Flair shook out the cobwebs and saw his chance as he locked Sting into the Figure Four Leglock. Sting refused to give up as Flair cranked on the hold, but then the bell rang out as Flair looked like he thought he won by submission. Ring announcer Michael Buffer’s voice then filled the arena.

Michael Buffer

Ladies and gentlemen, I have been informed that this match has reached the 20 minute time limit and is declared a draw!

Time Limit Draw

Time: 20:00

Rating: 89

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/HulkHogan.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JohnTenta.jpg

World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan w/ Jimmy Hart vs. Shark w/ The Taskmaster

Shark was led to the ring by The Taskmaster, and he looked hungry. Hogan got straight into the ring and went toe-to-toe with the 500 pound monster. Things got started quickly by Shark swinging at Hogan’s head, but Hogan used his speed to avoid all his attacking attempts and blasted away with the heavy artillery. It didn’t take long for Shark to look winded and Hogan was able to open up the offense as he smashed Shark’s head over every turnbuckle in the ring. He then decided it was time to slam Shark, but that wasn’t happening. As Hogan held his back in pain Shark regained his composure and whipped Hogan into a corner where he hit an Avalanche. Hogan dropped straight to the mat in pain as Shark looked onto The Taskmaster for approval.

Shark then tried to get a pinfall on Hogan, but Hogan somehow kicked out at the last second. Shark started stomping away on Hogan, but Hogan slowly started working his way up to his feet. Shark kept firing away, but Hogan was getting his world famous second wind. He became red in the face as he started shaking his arms as Shark pounded away on him. Eventually Hogan was up to his feet and Taskmaster knew exactly what was happening. He started waving his arms wildly and as The Giant sprinted out to the ring Taskmaster got on the apron to distract the referee from what was coming. Giant got up into the ring and charged at Hogan. Hogan quickly sidestepped him though as Giant speared Shark right in the midsection. Hogan then pushed an off-balance Giant out of the ring as he delivered a Leg Drop to the throat of Shark and was able to get the three count as Taskmaster looked on very angry.

Winner: Hulk Hogan

Time: 8:48

Rating: 73

After the match The Giant and The Taskmaster were irate. They weren’t going to stand for it and stormed into the ring and quickly attacked Hogan. Hogan didn’t have a chance as Giant took his punches like a fly was landing on his and headbutted him straight into the ground. He then locked Hogan in a chokehold. Sting and Savage tried to run down into the ring but it was a trap as all the monsters from the Dungeon of Doom emerged and cut them off. Things were looking very bleak for Hogan when a man jumped out of the stands wielding a steel chair.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/LexLuger.jpg

A shocking appearance, Lex Luger stormed into the ring with the chair to even the odds. The fans were stunned as Luger appeared on the competition’s pay-per-view just last night and nobody knew that he had jumped ship to WCW. He cracked The Giant in the back with the chair, followed by a shot to the head. Giant stumbled back into the ropes, where The Taskmaster ordered him out of the ring. The Dungeon of Doom retreated as Hogan came to and realized that his savior on this occasion was Lex Luger. Hogan didn’t know what to think about this and looked ready to fight Luger. Sting and Savage saw what was happening and worked their way back up into the ring and quickly got between the men. Hogan and Savage are good friends, as are Sting and Luger, so the respective men calmed their friends down as things look like they might explode as the first ever Monday Nitro came to an end.

Final Rating: 81

TV Rating: 6.22 (-)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/WCW_Saturday_Night.jpg

Fresh off the heels of the biggest nationally televised event in the history of WCW, the first ever Monday Nitro on TNT, comes WCW Saturday Night. Saturday Night has been a part of the WCW schedule for years and features not only WCW's premiere talent, but it mixes in new up and coming faces in World Championship Wrestling.

This week's broadcast features appearances by World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan, Sting, Lex Luger, Randy Savage, Ric Flair and many, many more big names in WCW. Word around the locker room is that Lex Luger will begin Saturday Night by discussing his defection from the competition and his hasty return to the world of WCW on this week's Nitro. It is unclear at this time if Luger will participate in a match, though all wrestlers have told to be come prepared to fight given the new unpredictable nature of WCW.

In another interview Hulk Hogan will discuss with the audience what he thought of what went down at the first ever Monday Nitro. He will discuss his victory of the Dungeon of Doom's Shark as well as Lex Luger's surprising appearance when he came to the Hulkster's aid. Will Hulk Hogan appreciate the help, or is he questioning Luger's motives? And what about the fourth member of the World Champion's team, The Hulkamaniacs for War Games coming up in less than three weeks? Will Hogan name the final member of his team that will do battle with him inside the double steel cage?

The World Television Championship will be on the line on Saturday Night as defending champion The Renegade will storm to the ring and put his title up against Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff. Fans don't know much about Renegade as he recently burst onto the scene, will Orndorff be able to use his experience to wrestle the title away from him?

In other action two heavy hitters will face off as Big Bubba Rogers and Hacksaw Jim Duggan will do battle, The American Males will face off with The Blue Bloods, Jushin "Thunder" Liger will bring his exciting ability into the ring to face Dean Malenko and The Giant will also be in action. You don't want to miss out on these exciting matches, plus much much more!

WCW Saturday Night

Saturday, September Week 1, 1995

Taped at the Frankfort Convention Center in Frankfort, Kentucky

Attendance: 4,958

WCW Saturday Night starts out with the usual pyro and a smoke filled arena as fans get to their feet, excited to see two hours of great WCW action. They pop even louder when the music of Sting plays, and he and new WCW recruit Lex Luger emerge from behind the sliding doors on the Saturday Night set. The duo high five in the entrance way, then greet the fans as they work their way down into the ring and grab a microphone from David Penzer at ringside. The two high five again in the ring as the fans continue to shower them with applause, very excited to see them live and in person.

Sting

Man it feels good to have this guy back! It was hard for me when Lex left for the competition. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy for him, he was living out his dream and showing the guys up north how real professional wrestlers get the job done. But now I’m so glad that my buddy here has come home to World Championship Wrestling! And what a return you had Lex. Everybody knows that Hulk Hogan is a great asset to this company. We all want to beat him, but what the Dungeon of Doom was planning would have been bad all around for WCW. Whoever beats Hulkamania should do it the right way, not the way they have planned. You showed everybody your true character when you turned those monster back single handed, and personally I think Hulk should make you the 4th member of our War Games team. What do you think about that buddy?

Lex Luger

Thanks a lot Sting, that really means a lot coming from such a standup guy as yourself. You are right, it is good to be back here in WCW, and I want to thank all the amazing fans for welcoming me back with open arms. I did what I needed to do up north, now I’m back to the place I love, World Championship Wrestling. And Hulk, I know you and I haven’t crossed paths much in our careers, but I couldn’t sit in the back and watch the Dungeon of Doom take you out like that. And on the topic of your Hulkamaniac team at War Games, I would love to round out your team. It would be a great honor to…

Just then Luger is cut off by the music of one of the hottest tag teams in WCW, Harlem Heat. Booker T and Stevie Ray appear on the video screen with their manager Sister Sherri, who begins to address the two men standing in the ring.

Sister Sherri

Aww, what a cute little family reunion we have going here. It makes us feel so tingly inside. Too bad that we are going to have to crush this little reunion in its first week. We went to the WCW Board of Directors and told them we wanted a chance to prove that there is no better team in WCW today than Harlem Heat. That’s why you two should head to the back and get ready, because in tonight’s main event it’s going to be Sting and Lex Luger going up against Harlem Heat!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JushinLiger.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/DeanMalenko.jpg

Jushin Liger vs. Dean Malenko

These two men are trying to prove to the WCW fans that despite their size, they can wrestle with the best of the best in the world. This match featured the two trying to out wrestle the other in the early going, but Liger’s speed was too great while Malenko’s technical skill was too great and thus we had a stalemate in the opening moments of the match. The action picked up with Liger starting to use his high risk, innovative offense to stop the Malenko technical onslaught. After more than ten minutes of great action Liger headed up top and flew off feet first at Malenko. Dean caught Liger’s legs though, then went straight into the Texas Cloverleaf. After a short struggle Liger was forced to submit at the hands of Dean Malenko.

Winner: Dean Malenko

Time: 12:38

Rating: 67

After Saturday Night came back from commercial, the demented Taskmaster came down to the ring, followed by the awe-inspiring son of Andre the Giant, the man Taskmaster was calling his Giant. The duo entered the ring with The Giant easily hopping over the top rope, showing great agility. The Taskmaster began to speak to the audience who was in shock at the sheer size of this man.

The Taskmaster

What’s wrong everybody, speechless? None of you believed me when I said that I was going to unleash my monsters here on WCW, and now that my Giant has come by my side nobody seems to be making fun of me anymore. This man just wants to honor the memory of his father by destroying the legacy of the man who caused Andre’s early death, Hulk Hogan. But tonight isn’t about Hogan, it’s about all you seeing what The Giant can do first hand. I understand Cobra has challenged The Giant tonight, well come out on son, there’s nothing to be scared of. Hahahahaha!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Cobra.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/TheGiant.jpg

Cobra vs. The Giant w/ The Taskmaster

Cobra usually comes out looking like a man with supreme confidence in his ability. He still looked sure of himself, but he was in no hurry to lock up with The Giant. Giant showed great agility in moving faster than the much smaller Cobra, and when he got a hold of him it was all over. Giant threw him around the ring like a ragdoll and choked him out numerous times. The final time he grabbed him by the throat, then hoisted him high in the air and dropped him with a sickening thud as Taskmaster yelled at ringside, CHOKESLAM!!! The Giant put one foot on Cobra as the referee could have counted to 100.

Winner: The Giant

Time: 4:37

Rating: 56

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/MarcusBagwell.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/ScottyRiggs.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/StevenRegal.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BobbyEaton.jpg

The American Males vs. The Blue Bloods

This match feature two of the top tag teams here in WCW as The American Males of Marcus Bagwell and Scotty Riggs faced The Blue Bloods of Steven Regal and Robert Eaton. The Males worked up the crowd as they took it to the Blue Bloods early, a sight that the fans loved to see. The Blue Bloods reached into their bag of tricks though as they used every shortcut they could to gain an advantage over their opponents. They looked to have things well in hand as they had Riggs backed into their corner and traded frequent tags back and forth to each other. Their signals got crossed once though as they butted heads, allowing Riggs to tag into Bagwell. Bagwell cleaned house, then went to the second rope and hit a move he calls the Blockbuster on Regal, giving his team the victory.

Winners: The American Males

Time: 11:58

Rating: 75

When Saturday Night came back on the air for it’s second hour the arena got a yellow and red tint, and the music of World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan hit as the man himself emerged on the stage, sending the fans into an uproar. They all reached out to give the champion a five, and he obliged all the way down to the ring, where he grabbed a microphone from ringside, ready to address his Hulkamaniacs all across the globe.

Hulk Hogan

It’s been awhile since I’ve been here live on WCW Saturday Night, I love seeing all you fans, I should do it more often. I’ve come here and asked for this time to address what the Dungeon of Doom attempted to do to me Monday Night on Nitro. It was a despicable act, and thanks to Lex Luger I was able to escape unharmed. I know it looked bad Monday, but I had no clue why Luger was there, I didn’t know if he was one of Taskmaster’s new monsters or what. But I’d like to personally thank Lex Luger for helping me out, and I consider him a friend. As for him being on my team at Fall Brawl: War Games, time will only tell on that one. I’m watching all the matches here in WCW looking for the 4th member of the team, and I’m sure you’ll all have your answer very soon. But Giant, Taskmaster, you all are going to get what’s coming to you in that steel cage, because whatcha gonna do when Hulk Hogan and his Hulkamaniacs run wild on you!?!?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JimDuggan.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RayTraylor.jpg

Hacksaw Jim Duggan vs. Big Bubba Rogers

These two big men are not strangers by any stretch of the imagination. While they haven’t met much in WCW they have fought around the globe previously in their careers. Duggan got the fans firmly behind him with USA chants, and Rogers spent the whole time trying to battle this swell from the crowd and Duggan. This wasn’t the prettiest technical match, but it had lots of heavy artillery unloaded. He was unsuccessful though as Duggan was primed and ready with the Three Point Stance but Rogers had pulled something from his trunks and hit Duggan in the head with it. The referee somehow didn’t notice all the quarters flying through the air and counted the three count in favor of Rogers, who had knocked out Duggan with a roll of coins.

Winner: Big Bubba Rogers

Time: 10:38

Rating: 62

After the match the fans really let Rogers have it, and this just seemed to tick him off more than when the match was going on. He told the fans to shut up or Duggan was going to get it again, and he followed through as he went and got a steel chair, and he wasn’t intending on using it to sit down. He entered the ring and promptly started to unload on Duggan with the chair across his back. The fans were booing him like crazy as he looked like he was getting great pleasure from hurting one of their favorite wrestlers. He had a sadistic smile on his face as he went to the back and was very pleased with himself after beating Duggan into the mat.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/wcwtv.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Renegade.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/PaulOrndorff.jpg

World Television Title Match

The Renegade © vs. Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorff

The fans were excited to see The Renegade as he exploded out of the entrance way through a wall of smoke towards the ring. He had his Television Championship in his hand swinging it wildly as Orndorff snuck up behind him and chopped blocked him to start the match. Orndorff worked over the leg of Renegade for much of the match and was able to lock in a Figure Four at one point, but Renegade powered out of it and went on the offensive. He controlled the action for the rest of the way, and when Orndorff tried to fight back Renegade shook it off, then hit him with a Press Slam followed by a Big Splash to get the victory.

Winner and Still Television Champion: The Renegade

Time: 7:45

Rating: 67

The camera goes backstage to Gene Okerlund, who is standing by with Ric Flair.

Gene Okerlund

Thank you very much Tony and Bobby. I’m here with the man who fought a great match on the first ever Monday Nitro against Sting, Nature Boy Ric Flair. Ric, the two of you have had a rivalry for years, and it showed in that amazing time limit draw on Nitro. I know everybody wanted to see a victor, but we could have been there into the next day the way you two have gone before.

Ric Flair

Thanks Gene, I agree that it was a good match, but it wasn’t good enough! Sting! You know I’m better than you. If the time limit would have been 21 minutes instead of 20 I had you beat. As much pleasure as I get from stomping you into the mat you are not who I’m concerned with right now. Hulk Hogan! You don’t deserve to be carrying my World Heavyweight Championship belt. You almost got jumped again this week, you are lucky Lex Luger was there to save your butt. Are you scared of me Hulk? All I want is one shot at that championship. One is all it will take for me to take the WCW banner right back! I’m the Nature Boy Ric Flair, and I AM WCW!

The camera cuts away to another locker room in the back, where Macho Man Randy Savage has something to say about what went down Monday Night on Nitro.

Randy Savage

Oooh Yeah! Macho Man here! With everybody talking about this Monday I thought I’d add my two cents, yeah. I’m glad to see Lex Luger here in WCW. He’s a great athlete and will make World Championship Wrestling a better place, plus I think that he’d be a great member of our team at War Games. Dungeon of Doom, you are all going down! I’ve heard this Monday that I’ll be in the main event of Nitro against The Giant. I knew Giant’s dad well, and taking on his own flesh and blood isn’t going to be an easy thing to do. But you’ve made it clear that you want to destroy all that’s around you. You won’t destroy the Macho Man Randy Savage, yeah! Macho Man is going to fly off the top rope and send you back to the dungeon with an elbow drop, DIG IT?!?!?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Sting.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/LexLuger.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BookerT.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/StevieRay.jpg

Sting and Lex Luger vs. Harlem Heat w/ Sister Sherri

The crowd was very excited to see Sting and Lex Luger teaming together once again, but after they were on offense for a few minutes Harlem Heat took over the match, much to the crowd’s surprise. Booker T and Stevie Ray showed that they are a well oiled machine as most of their moves came after tags where they double teamed Sting in the corner. Luger tried getting the crowd behind Sting, but it wasn’t doing much as Harlem Heat used their years of experience together to isolate Sting, who’d already taken quite a beating. They even hit the Heat Seeker at one point, but Luger was able to break up the pinfall attempt.

After Sherri shouted instructions at Harlem Heat they carried on the offensive, but Sting got a second wind and fought them off and was able to get to Luger. The fans exploded as he came in like a house of fire against Harlem Heat. He hit forearms multiple times on both men before powerslamming each of them. The then challenged them to get in the ring, and Booker T accepted. He was met with a few power moves from Luger, who had him set up for the Torture Rack. He got him up, but Stevie Ray came in to break things up. Sting wouldn’t let that happen though as he came flying off the top rope onto Stevie Ray, allowing Luger to lock in the Torture Rack. It didn’t take long for Booker to have enough and submit, ending this great tag team main event.

Winners: Sting and Lex Luger

Time: 15:27

Rating: 90

Final Rating: 86

TV Rating: 0.49 (-)

Fresh off the heels of a very successful first ever WCW Monday Nitro comes the second edition of the weekly broadcast which promises to give the fans the excitement they've been missing on Monday nights. On last week's program World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan squared off with a member of the Dungeon of Doom, Shark, in the evening's main event. Tonight another pairing from the War Games match faces off as Hulk Hogan's friend Macho Man Randy Savage will take on the pride of the Dungeon of Doom, The Giant. Will Savage be able to chop this redwood down to size, or will Macho Man fall at the feet of the son of Andre?

There will also be some great tag team action on Nitro as the 3rd member of Hulk Hogan's team, Sting teams with his good friend Lex Luger to take on two more of The Taskmaster's monsters, Meng and Kamala. These two wild men can't be controlled, so how will Sting and Luger be able to do anything with them? They showed that they didn't miss a beat in their friendship when they teamed to beat Harlem Heat on Saturday Night, will that success carry over to WCW's flagship show?

In other action Arn Anderson will go one-on-one with Eddy Guerrero. Anderson is one of the most established members of the WCW roster, but Guerrero is on a roll after winning the first ever match on Monday Nitro last week. Many believe that Guerrero is waiting to explode onto the scene as a breakout star, but Anderson is known for not wanting to give up his spot among WCW's elite. The opening match of the evening will feature Flyin' Brian, who is looking to avenge his loss from last week against fan favorite Johnny B. Badd. Badd has impressed many people here in WCW and the consensus is that he is also on the verge of being a star in this company.

Be sure to tune into this explosive edition of Monday Nitro to see this great in-ring action, plus the dynamic happenings leading up to Fall Brawl: War Games in two weeks time. Will Hulk Hogan finally announce the final member of his team or will he leave the Dungeon of Doom in the dark about his decision. Will Ric Flair continue his war against both Sting and Hulk Hogan? Be sure to have your TV's on TNT this Monday night for the hardest hitting hour of professional wrestling today!

Quick Picks

Randy Savage vs. The Giant

Sting and Lex Luger vs. Meng and Kamala

Eddy Guerrero vs. Arn Anderson

Johnny B. Badd vs. Flyin' Brian

Nice start, unfortunately my knowledge on WCW is pretty limited so my reasonings are likely little off but I give it a shot anyway.

Randy Savage vs. The Giant

Unless I´m totally wrong Giant was the biggest name from Dungeon so I´d assume that he and Hogan are on a collision course and that neither guy doesn´t lose much before that.

Bigger names

Anderson is more established at this point

Johnny B. Badd vs. Flyin' Brian

Simply picking the guy I´m more familiar with

<p>Randy Savage vs. <strong>The Giant</strong> - I believe this would be his first career match. Maybe not?</p><p>

<strong>Sting and Lex Luger</strong> vs. Meng and Kamala</p><p>

Eddy Guerrero vs. <strong>Arn Anderson</strong></p><p>

<strong>Johnny B. Badd</strong> vs. Flyin' Brian</p>

WCW Monday Nitro

Monday, September Week 2, 1995

Live from the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas, Texas

Attendance: 10,000 (Sellout)

The second ever Monday Nitro starts out with an impressive pyro show in the ring as the fans are very excited to witness the most exciting show on cable television, Monday Nitro on TNT. Eric Bischoff and Bobby Heenan welcome the fans to Dallas, Texas, then the music of Macho Man Randy Savage plays over the speakers. Macho Man receives a big ovation as he works his way down to the ring and grabs a microphone from ringside.

Randy Savage

OH YEAH!!! It’s good to be back in Dallas! Tonight the Macho Man Randy Savage is in his first Nitro main event, and I’m doing battle with The Giant, yeah. It’s become clear that Giant is no pushover in the ring, but he’s no Macho Man! I’ve done battle with the best in the history of wrestling, including Giant’s dad, and tonight I’m going to show him why….

Macho Man’s interview time is cut off by the evil laugh of The Taskmaster, and he and The Giant make their way out to entrance ramp to reply to Savage.

The Taskmaster

Savage, I’ve heard enough of people running their mouths saying how impressive my Giant is. We all know that, you’d have to be blind not to. Tonight you are going to get to see how impressive he is first hand when he wraps his giant paws around your neck and chokes the life out of you! Last week I put Shark in the main event, I won’t make that mistake again. I’m going straight to my most prized pupil, The Giant to destroy Team Hulkamania before they can ever step foot in the door of War Games! Hahahahaha!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/MarcMero.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BrianPillman.jpg

Johnny B. Badd vs. Flyin’ Brian

Flyin’ Brian came up short on the first ever match on WCW Monday Nitro, and tonight he looks to avenge that loss by taking on Johnny B. Badd in the opening bout. Badd has been impressive in his time with WCW and got the crowd behind him early as he does in so many of his matches. The two fought a high paced match, which started to play towards the hand of Brian. He went up top and tried a missile dropkick, but Badd got out of the way, then lift up Brian and looked for a back suplex. Brian saw his opportunity and lifted his leg back, kicking Badd right between the legs without the referee being able to see it. He then rolled Badd up and got the three count victory.

Winner: Flyin’ Brian

Time: 4:48

Rating: 57

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/EddieGuerrero.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/ArnAnderson.jpg

Eddy Guerrero is recognized as one of the fastest rising stars in all of professional wrestling, but Arn Anderson isn’t known for rolling over for up and comers. Guerrero had Anderson well off his game with his lucha libre style though, so it looked like an upset could be in order here. Anderson finally got his barring down and about took Guerrero’s head off with a clothesline. He dominated the action for several minutes from there as the fans chanted for Eddy to get back in the match. He eventually did as he fought out of a sleeper hold, then starting his quick strike offense. He then bounced off the ropes and went to hit a hurricanrana on Anderson, but he pulled him up and powerbombed him, then pinned him for the three count.

Winner: Arn Anderson

Time: 8:50

Rating: 77

After the match the music of Ric Flair hit, and he made his way down to the ring where he shook the hand of Arn Anderson, congratulating him on his victory. Eddy Guerrero started to stir to his feet at this point and saw Anderson and Flair in the other corner of the ring. Guerrero started to retreat, but Flair told him he fought a great match and not to be scared. Anderson went to the middle of the ring to shake his hand, and while the two were exchanging a handshake Flair got behind Guerrero and leveled him with a low blow. He then locked in the Figure Four Leglock and requested a microphone and proceeded to give a promo with Guerrero in his Figure Four.

Ric Flair

Sting! Hogan! What I’m doing to Eddy Guerrero right now is a message straight towards you two. If you keep ducking me and hiding behind the Board of Directors to not face me anymore I will continue to take out competitor after competitor to show why I am the greatest wrestler to ever grace a WCW ring. This is only the beginning, I’m coming for both of you in due time, now get out of my ring rookie!

Flair then kicked Guerrero out of the ring after releasing the submission hold as the fans booed him for his blatant disrespect of a hard working WCW wrestler.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Sting.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/LexLuger.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Meng.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Kamala.jpg

Sting and Luger had a long strategy session before the opening bell rang about how to handle these two giants, and it looked to pay off as they bounced Kamala around in their corner, delivering punishment to him in large amounts. He kept looking to ringside of guidance, but Taskmaster wasn’t around as he was preparing Giant for the main event. He was able to overpower the two men once and got over to Meng, and the man from the Pacific started cleaning house with chops to the throat for everybody. He even got Luger in the Tongan Death Grip before Sting broke it up. Meng looked very impressive during his time in the ring, but once Kamala came back in the tides turned again. The ending came with Sting and Luger hitting a double suplex on Kamala, then Sting dropped him with the Scorpion Deathdrop to give his team the victory as Meng looked on scathing.

Winners: Sting and Lex Luger

Time: 7:53

Rating: 78

After the match Sting and Luger celebrated in the ring, then Sting requested the microphone from ringside.

Sting

Hulkster! I know you are watching wherever you are buddy. Are you convinced that Lex here would make a great 4th member of our team yet? Make the move Hulk, it could give us the victory and finish off the Dungeon of Doom for good!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/RandySavage.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/TheGiant.jpg

Randy Savage vs. The Giant w/ The Taskmaster

Randy Savage looked on as The Giant entered the ring, and he looked more serious than he has in a very long time. As the match started Giant chased Savage around the ring, eager to show the WCW crowd what kind of carnage he is capable of causing. Savage hit with lightning quick strikes against Giant, but they didn’t look to be phasing him all that much. He eventually got his hands on Savage and threw him into the corner, then started unloaded on Macho Man. Savage looked in very bad shape as Giant choked him numerous times, breaking before the five count every time though. As Giant dominated the action Taskmaster yelled encouragement at ringside for him.

Giant went to bodyslam Savage in the middle of the ring, but Macho Man slipped out behind and then chop blocked The Giant, finally staggering him. Savage started hitting elbows like crazy on Giant, and even went up top and hit a double axe handle to the head of the Giant, and for the first time he went down to one knee. He got back up quickly though and Savage grabbed his head and ran towards the ropes and bounced his throat over the top rope as Savage leaped over it to the outside. Giant looked out on his feet as Savage quickly got back into the ring and went up top, but he was distracted by Taskmaster who was threatening to push him off. This distraction allowed Giant to shake the cobwebs loose and sprint to the corner, where he grabbed Macho Man around the throat on the top rope. He then spiked him off the top with a Chokeslam into the middle of the ring and pinned him for the shocking victory.

Time: 8:11

Rating: 63

After the match Taskmaster got in the ring and laughed his evil laugh as he and The Giant surveyed the damaged he caused to an all-time great in Macho Man Randy Savage. Taskmaster told Giant he wasn’t done yet though and he got a Hulk Hogan t-shirt from ringside and forced it onto Savage as Giant choked him out. When the Hogan shirt was on Savage Taskmaster told Giant that he should do what he is going to do to Hogan at War Games. He got Savage around the throat and lifted him for the Chokeslam when the crowd erupted.

Hulk Hogan came sprinting to the ring wielding a steel chair and blasted The Giant in the back as he had Savage up in the air. He immediately dropped Savage to the ground and turned to face Hogan. Hogan blasted him with the chair again, sending him to the outside. Taskmaster then tried to attack Hogan, but Hulk hit him with a big right hand, then whipped in into the ropes for the Big Boot. With Taskmaster laying on the mat Hogan ran off the rope for the Hogan Leg Drop, but Giant reached into the ring and pulled Taskmaster out of harm’s way. As Nitro went off the air Hogan checked on Randy Savage and looked very worried that things might not go his team’s way when they are locked in the cage with The Giant and the rest of the Dungeon of Doom in less than two weeks time.

Final Rating: 70

TV Rating: 5.34 (-)

On Monday Nitro this week the world was shocked when Macho Man Randy Savage was manhandled and defeated at the hands of The Giant. On WCW Saturday Night The Giant will be in action once again against a high flyer, this time Jushin Liger. Liger is very unpredictable and very fast, a duo that could cause problems for the inexperienced Giant. You have to believe that The Taskmaster will have The Giant prepared for battle though as he gets ready for War Games in a little less than a week.

The main event of Saturday Night will see the World Tag Team Titles on the line as Colonel Robert Parker leads the Tag Team Champions, Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater into action against the challengers, Marcus Bagwell and Scotty Riggs, The American Males. Buck and Slater have been on a roll since winning the titles, will the young American Males be able to pry the titles from their hands or will the experienced team of Buck and Slater turn back another challenger?

In other action Jim Duggan comes off his defeat and assault by Big Bubba Rogers to go back into solo action as he faces off with Dungeon of Doom member Zodiac. The Television Champion will be in action as it will be The Renegade is facing Diamond Dallas Page, The Nasty Boys will face Harlem Heat, VK Wallstreet will make his WCW debut with an open challenge, and in the opening bout Alex Wright will battle Disco Inferno.

Be sure to tune into Saturday Night to get the latest on all the happenings around WCW, including news on the big War Games match between the Dungeon of Doom and the Hulkamaniacs in a little more than a week at Fall Brawl!

Quick Pick Guide

Tag Team Title Match: Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater © vs. The American Males

Jim Duggan vs. Zodiac

The Renegade vs. Diamond Dallas Page

VK Wallstreet vs. ???

The Nasty Boys vs. Harlem Heat

Jushin Liger vs. The Giant

Alex Wright vs. Disco Inferno

Well I am not a fan of either team but I like Slater and Buck slightly more.

Jim Duggan vs. Zodiac

VK Wallstreet vs. ???

I truly pains me to do this but I just can't see the Big Slow losing to Jushin.

Jim Duggan vs. Zodiac

VK Wallstreet vs. ???

I really don´t have much idea about either team so might as well go with the champs

Jim Duggan vs. Zodiac

Dungeon of Doom member picks up a victory here.

Because he´s DDP.

VK Wallstreet vs. ???

Mystery man is always a safe pick

Personal preferense.

Np way that Giant would lose this one.

No idea really...

Jim Duggan vs. Zodiac

VK Wallstreet vs. ???

WCW Saturday Night

Saturday, September Week 2, 1995

Taped at the Austin Convention Center in Austin, Texas

Attendance: 2,000 (Sellout)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/AlexWright.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/GlennGilberti.jpg

Both of these guys love to dance, but don’t let that fool you, they can both go in the ring like few in the world can. The action started out very fast in this match with Wright connecting on some of his world class dropkicks that had the fans cheering him on the entire time. The German born wrestler went for his signature German Suplex to get the win, but Disco blocked it and hit the Chart Buster squarely on the jaw of Wright to get the three count of his own.

Winner: Disco Inferno

Time: 9:47

Rating: 64

A video plays showing this week’s Nitro main event as Randy Savage took on The Giant. The package highlighted the damage that The Giant caused in the ring, and showed him ready to take Savage out of action for good after the match. It then showed Hogan coming to Savage’s aid and looking very worried before saying that Hulk Hogan would be making an appearance on Saturday Night with an announcement about his 4th team member for War Games later tonight.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JushinLiger.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/TheGiant.jpg

Jushin Liger vs. The Giant w/ The Taskmaster

The Giant and Taskmaster both came out looking very pleased with the week they had been having, and this match with Liger proved to be just a temporary halt in their celebration. Liger went straight after The Giant with his rapid attacks, but that proved to be a very dumb move as Giant laughed at him then threw him all the way across the ring into the corner. Once he got his hands on Liger it was basically over as he toyed with him for a few minutes. After a string of punishment Taskmaster said that’s enough and The Giant hit Liger with a Chokeslam and pinned him with one foot to get another impressive victory.

Time: 4:55

The camera goes backstage where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with the Tag Team Champions Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater, alongside their manager Colonel Robert Parker.

Gene Okerlund

Thank you Tony and Bobby. I’m here with the World Tag Team Champions and their manager Colonel Robert Parker. Colonel, tonight your men have a big title defense in the main event against the American Males. Your thoughts?

Colonel Robert Parker

Well Gene, I’ve got two of the meanest son of a guns in WCW standing right here by me, the World Tag Team Champions Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater. These two have dominated the south for years, and now they are ready to dominate on a global scale. Tonight Marcus Bagwell and Scotty Riggs are just the first step towards proving that we hold these belts for a reason, we are the greatest team in professional wrestling today. I challenge any team to come in here and prove us otherwise!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BrianKnobbs.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JerrySags.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/BookerT.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/StevieRay.jpg

The Nasty Boys vs. Harlem Heat w/ Sister Sherri

Tonight’s Saturday Night broadcast had a certain tag team feel to it, and you have to figure whoever wins this match will go a long ways towards moving up towards the top of the ladder to face the winners of tonight’s main event for the titles. The Nasty Boys don’t have the raw athletic talent of Harlem Heat, but they showed the teamwork and grittiness that have made them a great team for years, and they had chances to win the match several times but couldn’t. The athleticism proved to be too much for the Nasty’s though and after a Heat Seeker Harlem Heat picked up the victory.

Winners: Harlem Heat

Time: 11:18

Rating: 76

When Saturday Night came back from commercial unfamiliar music played around the arena. It started with a ca-ching of money, and the crowd started booing when they realized it was VK Wallstreet making his WCW debut. He made his name around the world for the competition as I.R.S., but is now out on his own and felt the need for the name change. He grabbed the microphone from ringside and had business to take care of.

VK Wallstreet

It’s good to see me isn’t it? I, VK Wallstreet am here to inflict pain to all the wrestlers in WCW who get in my way. I’m here to prove a point, that I’m the best wrestler in the world today, and that starts with an open challenge to anybody in the back. You may think you can beat me, but that won’t happen…YOU WILL PAY!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/MarcMero.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/IRS.jpg

Johnny B. Badd vs. VK Wallstreet

Johnny B. Badd answered the open challenge of VK Wallstreet and took it too him early and often in this match. Wallstreet even thought of heading to the back a few times, but Badd wouldn’t let that happen as he took the fight to the outside and made sure Wallstreet couldn’t run. Wallstreet lured Badd back out of the ring though, then when Badd gave chase Wallstreet beat him back into the ring, then jumped him when he reentered. This lead to Wallstreet hitting the Stock Market Crash on Johnny to get the debut victory.

Winner: VK Wallstreet

Time: 9:45

Rating: 63

When Saturday Night came back the music of World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan played over the speakers, and the fans immediately shot up to their feet in excitement of seeing the biggest name in the history of professional wrestling. Hogan greeted the fans as he grabbed the microphone from ringside and addressed the topic fans have been all over him about for weeks, the identity of the final man to his team at War Games.

Hulk Hogan

How’s it going Austin? Now I know what you all want to hear from me tonight, and trust me, I’ll get there. But first, I gotta tell you something Taskmaster. You sure do have guts attacking me and Macho Man when you have the numbers advantage on Nitro every week, but once somebody comes out you all scatter. What’s up with that brother? I can’t wait to be locked in those two cages with you and the rest of your misfits, because there’s going to be no running from the Hulkamaniacs; myself, the Stinger, Randy Savage, and now what you’ve all been waiting for, the announcement of the final member of my team for the War Games match at Fall Brawl.

I thought about it long and hard, and given his return in the past few weeks I’m inclined to give the spot to Lex Luger! But brother, I can’t just hand you the final spot on my team, you have to earn it. I’ve heard that at Nitro all the members of my team will face off with members of the Dungeon of Doom in matches for a warmup for War Games. Luger, you get to face The Taskmaster one-on-one. If you win then I’ll happily welcome you to the team for next Sunday, but if you can’t get the job done I’ll turn to someone else. It’s as simple as that brother, you win, you’re in!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/Renegade.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/DDP.jpg

The Renegade vs. Diamond Dallas Page w/ Diamond Doll

The Television Champion came storming out of the back, ready to do battle with Diamond Dallas Page, who looked very calm and collected before the match started. Page let Renegade start off in his usual storm, and it looked like Renegade was just going to dominate the match. After beating on Page for awhile something happened that no one had seen yet, Renegade started to slow down considerably. Page took this opportunity and opened his offense and Renegade looked five different kinds of lost. Page spiked him with a DDT, then motioned for the Diamond Cutter. Renegade got his second wind though and fought it off, then lifted Page up for a Gorilla Press. As he dropped him though Page reached out and grabbed his head and nailed the Diamond Cutter to get the three count.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page

Time: 13:18

Rating: 58

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JimDuggan.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/TheZodiac.jpg

Jim Duggan vs. Zodiac

Zodiac came down to the ring like the brainwashed mad man that he is and Jim Duggan, well he’s Jim Duggan, so this match wasn’t a thinking man’s battle. The two slugged away on each other for several minutes and it didn’t seem like either man was feeling any pain as they swung their arms wildly at each other. Zodiac made the first real move though as he ducked a Duggan clothesline and locked in the Sleeper Hold. Just as it looked like Duggan was about to pass out he worked his way back up to his feet and threw Zodiac away. He then got down in the Three Point Stance and leveled Zodiac to pick up the victory.

Winner: Jim Duggan

Time: 9:18

After the match Duggan looked very happy about his victory and celebrated in the middle of the ring with his trusty 2X4 and American flag. The fans were chanting USA with him when he was suddenly attacked from behind by the same man that beat him down last week, Big Bubba Rogers. Rogers continued right where he left off as he stomped Duggan after he had a hard fought match, then took his 2X4 and drove it straight into his gut, sending Duggan down in a heap on the mat as Rogers laughed at the carnage he just caused for the second week in a row.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/wcwtag3.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/JimmyGolden.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/DickSlater.jpg VS http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/MarcusBagwell.jpghttp://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/shaynes23/WCW/ScottyRiggs.jpg

World Tag Team Championship Match

Buckhouse Buck and Dick Slater © w/ Colonel Robert Parker vs. The American Males

The American Males have been getting the WCW crowd behind them since they debuted here in WCW, and it was no different in this match, although there were pockets of Texans who recognize Buck and Slater for their early careers in the South. The Southerners threw fists with the Males, who didn’t seem prepared to deal with this bare knuckles combat the Buck and Slater were accustomed to fighting their whole careers. They used great teamwork to keep the young American Males at bay, but their energy came around and they turned the tide of the match around the midway point.

Riggs and Bagwell impressed everybody in attendance with their frequent tags and flashy double team moves, and Colonel Parker was getting visibly upset on the outside. He sensed that things might not go his teams way so he decided to try to get the momentum back and he got up on the apron. Bagwell met him there and grabbed him by the shirt. This allowed Slater to charge from behind, but Bagwell felt him coming and moved as Slater knocked his manager off the apron. As Slater was stunned Bagwell rolled him up from behind and got the shocking three count, giving us new Tag Team Champions!

Winners and New World Tag Team Champions: The American Males

Time: 11:08

Rating: 60

After the three count the fans shot to their feet and gave the Males a standing ovation for winning the Tag Team Titles and dethroning the much hated Slater and Buck. They grabbed their titles and got up on the turnbuckles and held them high for everybody to see, proud of this huge accomplishment in their careers. As Saturday Night went off the air the American Males, the new World Tag Team Champions were sharing a hug in this very emotional moment for the young duo.

Final Rating: 63

TV Rating: 0.41 (-)

It's only one week until Fall Brawl: War Games and the excitement level has been turned up to full blast for this week's Monday Nitro. All eight men who will compete in the War Games match in the main event of Fall Brawl will be in action over the span of two singles matches and a tag team match. Sting and Randy Savage will team together to take on the monstrous team of The Giant and Shark. Can the two members of the Hulkamaniacs overcome the huge size difference and give their team a boost of momentum before the War Games match?

The main event of the evening will see World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan in a match against a wildman with no regard for anyone's personal well-being, Meng. Meng has been a one man wrecking crew since joining WCW, and the Hulkster could be in some serious trouble in this match. Hogan hasn't been the World Heavyweight Champion for well over a year for nothing though, there isn't many people in the world that can give him a run for his money in that ring.

The match with perhaps the most on the line is perspective final member of the Hulkamaniacs team, Lex Luger. Luger was told by Hogan Saturday night that if he wins his match against The Taskmaster then he gets into the War Games match. If he loses then Hogan will be looking for a new fourth member to his team. Taskmaster is sure to have something up his sleeve to make sure Luger isn't able to join the Hulkamaniacs at Fall Brawl, but it's anybody's guess as to what it will be.

In the background of this Hogan vs. Dungeon of Doom feud is a very upset Ric Flair. Flair is angry that the spotlight has been on Hogan and his team for the past month, while he believes that he is the centerpiece of WCW, not Hogan. Flair says he could take the World Title away from Hogan any time he wishes, he just hasn't been given the opportunity because WCW management wants to ride this Hulk Hogan wave as long as they can, and Flair believes he would put that in jeopardy for them. On Nitro this week Flair has a very challenging match as he faces someone who uses a very different style than him, Japanese import Jushin Liger. Can Liger give Flair a run for his money or will Nature Boy show why he considers himself to be the top of the WCW mountain?

Quick Picks

Hulk Hogan vs. Meng

Sting and Randy Savage vs. The Giant and Shark

If Luger wins he is part of Hogan's team: Lex Luger vs. The Taskmaster

Jushin Liger vs. Ric Flair

Archived