Road to Glory Challenge

You should asked the friends or fans that you have to nominate you, if you wanted it that much.

I posted in this topic .__________________.

*coff*

In other news, I've had my first encouner with auto-save, as you might have noticed with the diary. Now NYCW is safe (or is it PSW?) from me trying to jump to them. For now.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured "my fans" would have read it here. *shrug*

Anyway, okay, let's say that maybe you happen to go to war with another company, and maybe you steal their owner, leaving a spot open. Legal to go for it?

<_<

>_>

Too bad it won't automatically switch head bookers with a new owner...

3 years completed in my RTG challenge... I rolled an 11 so gained +5 to Rumble skills, which I put all of into my brawling stat. As a technical wrestler I can't help but feel that I'm somehow not helping myself at all with all these end of year rolls so far. :p Anywho, my stats screen...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c33/DerekB83/year4.png

I have 31 popularity in South UK, with 5 spillover elsewhere in the UK. I'm currently in the midcard pack for the company I started with, Infinity Pro Wrestling, based in South UK and still owned by Jamie Anderson. As a company we are at Small size, having held 37 shows for a total popularity gain of about 21, requiring about 8 more points to grow in size which I intend to do this year by spending as much of our saved 55,000 as required within the first half of the year. The UK economy has been in the crapper all year, but is just pulling above 10 again in time for the wrestling industry to dip below 50... at a time where 21CW just cut a load of guys (mostly NSOW grads but also Adam Matravers) for financial reasons and HIW just opened at the start of the new year.

My roster has gone through a lot of changes, with Daniel Black Francis being my crown jewel for much of it. He held the British Heavyweight and British Tag Team (with genned all rounder Leroy Berry) for much of the year before losing both belts in one night in our August show, IPW Rough Justice... the tag belts were lost to genned tag team The Scandinavian Invasion (both good wrestlers with star quality, but lacking psych) thanks to the interference and distractions of El Jefe Militar and manager Randy Garcia, all of whom for part of The International Incident. Later that night DBF lost the singles gold to The Tower Of London (Danny Patterson) who has been roaring through the singles ranks and is unbeaten so far. If Tower had his way, and he usually does, he will destroy everyone (and has done so to many people leaving the company) but Beast Bantom has been keeping him in check, using his own size to stop the giant ruining the company. But Bantom has yet to stop him being champion, even failing at IPW last show of the year in a hardcore match. After that match Tower declared himself unbeatable and issued an open challenge for a battle royale... anyone who can throw him out the ring can have a title shot against him.

Meanwhile the likes of UK Dragon, Jamie Anderson, Wade Orson, Keith Adams and Nigel Svensson (crown jewel of International Incident) have been fighting for the privilege of being beaten up by Tower in recent months... Dragon has been leading the pack but these 8 men are largely in control of the upper card.

Earlier in the year we had a strong tag division... but Don Henderson wanted 2000 per show and after overpaying Billy Robinson 1500 per show it was going to cost us, so when Henderson made his ridiculous demands both men left the company. Leroy Berry is a terrible influence on my roster and is likely to be next to leave, following in the footsteps of Norman Gates (who sucked), Glen Ward (attitude issues), Hector Allen (tool) and Bas Hagen (too lame).

I have only a handful of tag teams again just now, so when I hit regional I'm going to be looking to add some. The Ivanoffs, the Elimination Agents and the X Force are all on the list... I may also sign Edward Cornell (now head booker of NOTBPW) and Adam Matravers (despite owner goals against crusierweights)... Burning Exile may even come visit for a while, perhaps while I'm hitting up an intense run of shows anyways. :)

Year 4 should be big for us... the jump to regional may allow us TV, or it may at least mean we can start to run enough shows to help our roster actually develop at a significant rate. Regardless, I'm hoping for a good roll at the end of the year... gotta land on something that will improve my chances at glory, otherwise I'm just on a road to nowhere. :p

Tiny update.... after tweaking my product to increase Realism to high (from medium) to take slight advantage of a product trending and Mainstream to high (from medium) to take advantage of there being huge entertainment fanbase in the UK , less than a week later 21CW declare hostility on me. They're almost bankrupt and we don't even share any workers... I guess Jeff Nova doesn't want any potential competition in the entertainment-style wrestling market or something. Sadly, Jamie Anderson won't let me go to war with them... this makes me slightly sad, but is probably for the best given that I'm actually trying yo set up the UK to be something of a wrestling hotbed for the future. :)

So I've since fed hopped into the Regional Exodus 2010 (using the excellent 2011 mod by Nachtfalter) and I was originally in my created fed that was small.

My question is I have two wrestlers from my old promotion with a Loyal relationship to me in Bradley Blaze and Blockbuster. Do you think it's ok to edit them into working Japan?

I figure that by the time I'm in a Global fed the new Klique will be ready to run a rough shed over TCW or something :rolleyes:

End of year 4 and I rolled a 4, giving me this result “4 "Christmas Pudding" You have been piling on the pounds, go up one level of weight class. (Cruiserweight's and spot monkeys must become regular wrestlers)”… not very helpful but that bumps me up from a lightweight to a middleweight, which I’m not going to complain about. The company is never going to be about me so just being a solid midcard hand is fine by me, even though I really would like to get a roll that boosts me up a bit.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c33/DerekB83/Year5.png

I’ve also got 33 popularity in South UK where my promotion is running, giving myself 5 overspill across the rest of the UK. That puts me in the midcard with the promotion for now, which is probably still higher up the card than I should be. My booking reputation is at very high after a total of 59 shows with IPW, with this last year being our most productive with 22 shows in total, 2 almost every month from start to finish of the year with only 2 exceptions when I needed to stash a little cash before the leap to regional.

As for IPW itself, we’re up to regional as of July, just days after 21CW folded… seems Jeff Nova isn’t as good a businessman as he thinks he is, with 21CW going bankrupt decide my pre-game edit to make Nova an active wrestler which did seem to help develop overness within the top end of the roster. Unfortunately for them it didn’t translate into enough PPV buys in a low economy/wrestlig industry situation to be able to keep them afloat. They declared a hostile relationship on us shortly before they died, I guess Nova thought he could at least go out of the business angrily though it did spark some of our top rated stuff. As we jumped to regional we went from posting shows in the D+ to C range, while we’re now putting out shows in the C to B range… though that is only 1 B rated show and no B- rated shows. Mostly we’re sitting in the high 60s/low 70s just now, which is great for our 38 popularity we’re currently sitting on in the South UK. We’re currently the #1 UK based promotion, edging slightly ahead of ROF in terms of prestige and with our momentum getting closer and closer. High Impact Wrestling are the #3 promotion in the UK just now but aren’t up to much, sitting at Small size and putting on shows way behind us and ROF in terms of quality. With the help of Joss Thompson we’ve been storming the UK… he’s at 70 pop across the US when I signed him and is in the 90s now for South UK where I’m running shows. He’s got charisma, psychology and a hot storyling… the perfect storm to bring IPW to the next level over the coming months. But beyond him, here is the cast of IPW. :)

MAIN EVENT

Beast Bantom

Daniel Black Francis

Phillip Cooper

Wade Orson

Joss Thompson

The Tower of London (Danny Patterson)

UPPERCARD

Jamie Anderson

UK Dragon

Adam Matravers

Merle O’Curle

Nigel Svensson

War Machine

MIDCARD

Christian Black

Christopher Lister

El Jefe Militar

Gordon Leve

Lance Martin

Kelly Martin

Sifu

Don Henderson

Magnus Jansson (genned guy, is good backstage and average in ring)

Gudmundur Hamalainen (genned guy, has great top row but weak psychology)

LOWER

Jase Cole

Josh Jones

Jacques DuPont

Pierre DuPont

Soul (a genned Dutch guy with a tough name, he used to team with Heart before he left)

Viktor Beskov

Yuri Iliakov

JOBBERS

Wesley Howard (genned worker)

Patrick Hannigan (genned worker)

Psycho Phillip (genned worker with his name flipped around)

NON-WRESTLERS

Emma Evans (manager, recently debuted but without strong direction so far)

Randy Garcia (manager of International Incident)

Bethany Hurst (manager who hasn’t done much for a while)

Simona Cox (manager of The X Force)

Juan Hogan (lead announcer)

Papa O’Keefe (colour commentator and main interview guy)

Referee Roy Worrall (our sole referee, the best in the UK)

Nick Adams (road agent)

STABLES

21st Century Men (heel invading group led by Joss Thompson. Members are Adam Matravers, Merle O’Curle and War Machine)

International Incident (heel group of international stars led by Randy Garcia. Members are Nigel Svensson, Magnus Jansson and Gudmundur Hamalainen)

TEAMS

21st Century Men – Joss Thompson and Adam Matravers (1 exp)

Absolutely Flawless – Lance Martin and Kelly Martin (98 exp)

Black and Leve – Christian Black and Gordon Leve (13 exp)

Love & Hat – Daniel Black Francis and Phillip Cooper (1 exp)

The Destroyers – Merle O’Curle and War Machine (4 exp)

The Devil and The Beast – Jamie Anderson and Beast Bantom (61 exp)

The Foreign Legion – Jacques DuPont and Pierre DuPont (100 exp)

The Red Devils – Viktor Beskov and Yuri Iliakov (31 exp)

The Scandinavian Invasion – Magnus Jansson and Gudmundur Hamalainen (27 exp)

…..

…..

…..

The year 2013 was a big one for UK wrestling, with 21CW dying in mid-year at the same time as IPW rose to regional and became the #1 promotion based in the area, though the major powers of NOTBPW, TCW and SWF are all doing well in the region. Prior to 21CW’s demise, IPW had The Tower of London dominating the company, going undefeated for almost a year and picking up the IPW British Heavyweight title from Daniel Black Francis. The main chasing babyfaces were DBF, Beast Bantom and UK Dragon, while the likes of Keith Adams, Svensson and Orson were supporting them whenever they weren’t chasing the top guy. Tower dominated almost everyone in the company from top to bottom, often beating 2 guys a night for fun while the rest of the people he’d beaten fought between themselves for a shot. In the end, Tower saw everyone off a second time before Phillip Cooper challenged at IPW’s August event “IPW Here Comes a New Challenger” and managed a fluke roll up for the win. However, the same show also saw the debut of the 21st Century Men (Joss Thompson, Adam Matravers, Merle O’Curle and War Machine), who beat the ever loving tar out of Cooper to close out the show… Cooper aimed to set things straight as quickly as he could, but Joss stole himself the win on the next show and has been champion ever since.

The main rivalries at the moment are centered around the 21st Century Men, former 21CW guys that look at the company as their own personal playground. Joss sees the entire UK as something of a joke and has made it clear that he is the greatest thing to ever hit UK wrestling, while being American himself. Adam Matravers is his second in command, a less dominant presence but one with the skills to essentially win over everyone as thinking he’s better. Somewhere down the line he’s the one who will break ranks and do some big things, he;s just working on his entertainment skills first. War Machine and O’Curle… well, they’re muscle. O’Curle will tear you apart, Machine will blow you apart. They picked up the tag belts a couple of months ago and look set to dominate the tag ranks. There’s something about them as a team that I love, so hopefully they can gel and become awesome for me. I’m working on developing some other tag teams to help compete with them, but the big main event teams are too high up for them and the lower teams are lacking too much to be real players just now. They’re either lacking in top row skills or tag experience or something…just not enough to put them anywhere near the level I’d expect from a real tag team division like in TCW.

Below those I’ve got a few storylines that have been bubbling away. Randy Garcia’s stable “International Incident” has been a long running group of stars from around the world. El Jefe Militar used to be part of the grou puntil he grew tired of what Garcia was making him do, especially when Svensson replaced him as top wrestler in the group. Since then Militar has been plagued by Garcia’s interference (Militar also wrestles for OLLIE and MHW in Mexico now, so is improving fairly quickly) which has been holding him back… Militar eventually challenged the group to a series of matches, demanding he get Garcia in the ring in exchange for no longer getting even by running interference on all their matches. Garcia beat both Magnus and Gudmundur in singles matches in November/December before failing to beat Svensson due to Garcia interference… a cage match has been set for the new year to settle things, which will take place on our first event of the year “IPW Kickstart 2014”. Fun for Militar who is definitely one to watch if he keeps going at the rate he’s going.

2014 will also see the debut of IPW’s new showcase event, the Wrestling World Cup. The event will take over May, perhaps April too, and will see guys of many nationalities take each other on in the quest to become the best in the world. I’m considering having Joss Thompson hold both the World Cup and the IPW British Heavyweight belt leading to him renaming it the IPW World title… I’m also planning to introduce a secondary singles title, as I currently have a lot of good talent bouncing around doing very little because only so many peopl can chase the main gold at once. Not sure what to call it though, but I kinda want to introduce it at my February anniversary show “IPW Crowning Glory”, which is an event I’ve held every year and has debuted all my other belts so far with the singles gold in 2010 and the tag gold in 2012.

…..

Elsewhere in the world there are a few interesting developments. Aaron Andrews has somehow managed to find himself as TCW World champion despite having a psychology cap at 66. Wolf Hawkins still hasn’t been champion there but has a chain wrestling score of 90 and psych of 80… but at least he’s in a main event spot. With the addition of Sean McFly, most of TCW’s main event scene is roughly what you’d expect. Rocky Golden is their worst guy up there still, showing some improvement in his top row but he’s now an average brawler with depth in TCW instead of an average brawler. At age 52 Sam Keith is still kicking it in the uppercard, but he is fighting a slow time decline. I can’t see him lasting another couple of years but he is one of the elder statesmen of the world at this point. More on that later.

The SWF are struggling, but still global. Only 1 man on the roster has higher than 80 popularity in the US and that’s Rich Money.. not a terrible choice, but he’s not even been champion for them. Instead they’ve put their faith in Eric Eisen (16 months), Vengeance (6 months), Runaway Train (19 months) and most recently, Marat Khoklov (7 months) who just left the company as champion to go pound on some fiery midgets in PGHW. SWF World title is at 70 prestige and vacant heading into 2014. with the best title match in 4 years being Vengeance over Rich Money in September 2011, rating at 90. Luckily the SWF has other guys picking up the slack, with Rich Money featuring in almost every top 10 match and the now retired Christian Faith being in the others. The SWF’s 8 main eventers at this time are as follows:

Brandon James (their second most over guy, his entertainment skills are weak but otherwise is good)

Jack Bruce (who can entertain and with brawling at 79 is still good… lacks main event psychology)

Jack Giedroyc (reigning North American champion, can do a bit of everything, master of nothing)

Lobster Warrior (still going strong, Lobby can do everything and almost has the psychology to carry n00bs… almost)

Marc DuBois (aged 26 and still learning, not many are better than him in the top row… wouldn’t be a bad champion for them)

Nicky Champion (a 2013 steal from USPW after Strong left, Champion seems capped at uppercard level IMO. His USPW popularity as champion til August made him an SWF main eventer, which is worrying for SWF)

Rich Money (The MVP of the SWF, he has the psych, charisma, star quality and top row to carry the company. Should be champion, but will probably be overlooked despite being their top star)

Runaway Train (49 years old and fading… at least has the decency to still be learning psychology, which is up to 71 now. Will probably be SWF champion again but should be phased out ASAP if SWF know what is good for them)

Sitting just outside the main event scene are Angry Gilmore (STILL!), Bruce the Giant (recently returned, stolen from USPW), Jay Darkness (aka TCW’s Danny Fonzarelli) and Remo. IMO, SWF could achieve a lot if they could work out how to develop workers and get people over, but it seems Peter Michaels doesn’t know what he’s doing. The sooner he puts the belt on a talented guy instead of a monster the better the SWF will be.

NOTBPW are still a bunch of soul-less wrestling machines… but they have managed to play a series of practical jokes on the world by pushing Dan Dalay from unranked in the Power 100 in 2009 and 2010 while he was with CGC to 15, 9 and now 5 over the last 3 years. DaLay hasn’t held any titles and still sucks about as hard as he did at game start, so it must be a practical joke from NOTBPW. It has to be. In addition, Edward Cornell (and presumably Tommy) must be in on the joke as Eddie is the booker of NOTBPW and has been slowly rising up the card, getting to 56 popularity at this point. You NEVER see those kinds of gains in the TCW or SWF undercard, so I must also assume all of Canada is in on the joke too. Only other odd thing is Ryan Powell sneaking into the main event scene. Not sure how he’s managed it either… a slightly above .500 win/loss but no really oustanding matches or any title reigns… I guess he’s just a shooting star who has managed to sneak past the drones of NOTBPW. Possibly by virute of the pink feather boa he’s wearing counting as “personality”.

Japan has been fairly interesting to observe, with BHOTWG, PGHW, WLW and GCG all being national at the same time briefly before National battles started to take their tolls. The touring schedules worked together for a while to stop too many of them fighitng, but ultimately GCG fell from grace and it has cost them a few big names in Jimmy Cox, Oleg Dorosklov, Eisaku Hoshino and Mito Miwa. WLW has yet to lock up everyone they can to written deals, which may be putting them in a race with OLLIE over in Mexico to seal the deal on Champagne Lover’s written deal since SOTBPW don’t seem to care about him. OLLIE are probably 3 months away from National, with SOTBPW already there and putting on some great shows. Mexico actually has the most stable scene of all the areas, though I find it hard to care about them when I can’t trace any obvious storylines through them and they don’t put on anywhere near as many insane 6 man tag as I might want them to.

The rest of the world is quiet and stable… nothing of note happening, which is sad. I might shake that up in the future if I decide to move job if/when a position comes up, but there hasn’t been any job opportunities for a while. So for now, it’s onwards and upwards for IPW and Christian Black. The future awaits, and if I start turning some real cash soon (hopefully!) I’m thinkof opening my own dojo or purchasing the 21CW World title to add to Joss Thompson’s collection of belts… possibly make my main title a triple crown of some sort. :)

Just started this as EMLL - Extremo Moderno Lucha Libre in Northern Mexico last night. Luis Montero is my owner (sweeeeeet, never have to worry about my road agent getting poached).

Product:

Key - Modern, Daredevil & Lucha

Medium - Mainstream

This was me at the start:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/3074/emdyr1.jpg

At September now and we're a couple of shows off hitting small. Hired Gino Montero & Luis Montero Jr to keep the boss happy. Good move on my part, Gino is pretty much the star of the show although he recently lost the EMML Campeon de Mundo title to a debuting Magnifico (contract) due to his brother screwing up the interferance.

Current Roster:

ME - Magnifico©, Gino Montero, Amazing Fire Fly, Mr. Lucha III, Hysteria, Hijo Del Relámpago

UM - Cyclón, Dragón Del Arco Iris Jr, El Serpiente, Hernando Campos(gen), Hypnotiq Jr, La Bestia Púrpura, Luis Montero Jr, Mustang Blanco Jr

M - Crazy Miguel, El Diablo Mexicana (avatar), Latin Lion Jr, Masked Cougar

LM - Santiago Campos(gen), Surfeador Californiano

ET - Kamikaze Christian Vars

Teams:

El Cult - La Bestia Púrpura & El Diablo Mexicana (Good chem)

Los Latinos - Cyclon & Latin Lion Jr (excellent chem)

Los Campos - Hernando & Sangiago Campos (both LHW technicians with B-/B menace, wrestling in a world of LW/SML flyers, they are the monsters of EMLL

Los Monteros - Gino Montero & Luis Montero Jr

Staff:

Announcer : Benito Saez

Col Com: Teadoro Nieto

Ref: Ref Benn

Manager: Chica De Partido. Brought her in to make Luis Montero Jr happy as they are dating, currently managing Luis, Surfeador Californiano (they even have good chem!) and my avatar (to try and hide my AWFUL entertainment skills)

Titles:

EMLL Campeon de Mundo (ME) - Magnifico

EMLL Campeon de Parajas (M) - El Cult

EMLL Campeon de Trios (F) - Vacant

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else is still playing this but I’ve been playing a Road To Glory game and have some ideas for improvements on the stats and boxes. The current stats set-up biases somewhat against workrate style promotions due to the low stiffness/intensity/toughness that needs to be added early (at the cost of other skills) or never since they aren't available in boxes at all. I’d suggest that intensity/stiffness can be set anywhere up to 50 for free, with anything above that costing points from the original 750. Just seems that they aren't "skills" so much as things are just traits, so anything up to fairly average seems like it should be free, if people want it, with anything higher becoming exceptionla and therefore costly. Would love to hear others' thoughts on that. :)

The end of year rolls have been bothering me for a while too… seems to be too much of sending people one way with not enough going the other way. So here is a similar, but revised list that also comes with some additions. I resisted the urge to add rolls that would take points from stats though... seems we're starting so very lowly in the first place that penalising us any further would be outright mean. Scarily, the list ended up at exactly 50 though no effort was made to get it to that number. That worries me a little bit...

If people like this list I could edit them into the first post for ease of use. Being a mod around here has some benefits. :)

1. "Friends with Benefits" You gain one Working Agreement (you may try a different company if you are rejected)

2. "War is Good for Business" Your owner demands you declare war on another promotion in the same area. (do nothing if your owner blocks you)

3. "Trusted companion" You gain the Loyalty of one of your roster (random roll from the list of your current roster),

4. "Chance Encounter" While on holiday abroad you have befriended a wrestler and offered them a job (choose a wrestler in another regional area who is unemployed, make them active in your area and create a Strong Friendship between you and them)

5. "Lean On Me" Gain Strong Friendship with random wrestler in your promotion. -15 to both your character's and the random wrestler's Bad Personal Extras (Smoking, Drinking etc), and set to Reformed.

6. “Master And Disciple” You can become the protégé of anyone 10 years or more older than you are (they must be on your roster) OR you can become the mentor of anyone 10 years or more younger than you (they must be on your roster). Randomly roll from anyone who is eligble.

7. “That Loving Feeling…” Your love life has something happen. Move along the scale from left to right, starting a new relationship with someone appropriate (according to their own preferences) on your roster. Dating->Engaged->Married->Separated->Dating->… (use your own discretion if you need to work out if they are the parent of any children you may have. IF you are separated you may choose to start dating someone else, or start over again with them)

8. “LEGEN… wait for it… DARY!” Gain a Best Friend relationship with someone on your roster whose picture is of them wearing a suit. If no-one on your roster is wearing a suit, you must hire someone who wears a suit and become their Best Friend anyway then add +10% to your Drinking habit.

9. "Like A Chimney" +20% to your character’s Smoking.

10. "Ghosts Of Wrestling Past" +20% to your character’s Drinking.

11. “P-A-R-T-why? Cos I Gotta!” +20% to your character’s Soft Drugs habit.

12. “Forgive Me Father, For I Have Wrestled…” +20% to your character’s religious behaviours/habit

13. “I Fought The Law And The Law Won” +20% to your Law Problems

14. "Chance to Train" You have been offered the chance to train with a Wrestling Legend. Gain +20 points to spend on any performance row stats. (Basics, Psychology, Safety, Consistency, Selling)

15. “Nose To The Grindstone” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 any top row skill of your choice

16. "Fists of Fury" You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Brawling skill

17. “Feet of Fury” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Puroresu skill

18. “Drunken Monkey Style” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Hardcore skill

19. "Life of a Saint" You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to Mat Wrestling skill

20. “Link To The Past” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Chain Wrestling skill

21. “Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, OWWWW!” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Submissions skill

22. "Top Rope Hero" You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to Aerial skill

23. “Flash, AAAHH!!” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Flashiness skill

24. “World’s Most Dangerous Man” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +10 (yes, +10!) to your MMA skill

25. “Hit The Bricks” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the gym. +10 to spend on physical skills. (Athleticism, Toughness, Stamina, Power)

26. “Bit Part" You have been hired for a small role in a tv pilot +10 points to spend across Microphone Skills, Charisma and Acting

27. “A Bumpy Ride” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Basics skill

28. “So, Tell Me About Your Mother…”You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Psychology skill

29. “You Can Dance If You Wanna” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Safety skill

30. “Solid? Liquid? Gas?” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Consistency skill

31. “Snow To An Eskimo” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Selling skill

32. "You're a Natural" After a booking error you are forced to step into the role of referee for a match and discover a yet unknown skill in that area. +15 to Refereeing.

33. “Puntastic Punditry” You realise you’re better at commentating than you thought, +15 to Announcing

34. “Makeover Time” You get yourself an image makeover. Your sex appeal, star quality and menace EACH randomly change by anything between -5 and +15.

35. ”Healing Hands” Over the holiday season you book yourself in for several massages and physio appointments. +7.5 to all Physical Condition.

36. "Making Movies" You are unavailable for events for one month due to a role in a small movie (can be January, February or March). Gain +5 Star Quality.

37. “I Can Hit THIS Hard” You may set your stiffness score to be whatever you want it to be.

38. “RAAAAAAWRR!!” You may set your intensity score to be whatever you want it to be.

39. "Step Into The Light" You get your 15 minutes of fame. +15 Pop across entire base country.

40. "Internet Sensation" One of your wrestlers (random roll from the list) has become an internet video hit due to a pirate recording of his last match. +5 pop for your company in your home area and +15 pop for the wrestler in all areas.

41. "Christmas Pudding" You have been piling on the pounds, go up one level of weight class. If you are now middleweight or higher, you can no longer be a cruiserweight, spot monkey or super junior and must be reclassified as a Regular Wrestler.

42. “New Year’s Resolution” You have resolved to go on a diet, go down one level of weight class. If you become a lightweight or lower weightclass you may change your style to cruiserweight, spot monkey or super junior.

43. “Cold Turkey” Change any habit you have formed to be “reformed”, but do not change the base percentage of that habit.

44. "A New Beginning" You may choose to evolve your wrestling style to anything you want.

45. "Unsound Investment" Lose $10,000 (Local or Small) or $100,000 (Regional or larger) (down to a possible 0).

46. "Loan Shark" Gain either $10,000 (Local or Small) or $100,000 (Regional or larger) but in 12 months you must pay back twice that amount.

47. "Charity Event" Your owner has decided to host a charity event. Your next wrestling show gains you no money, but the company gets twice the amount of popularity from it. (Remove how much profit you gain from the next event, after having paid Workers and Show Costs

48. "What's In A Name" Your company has been rebranded in an attempt to appeal to the changing industry. Lose $20,000 Gain 3 Promotion Overness across all areas you have popularity in, and +20% Momentum.

49. "Where There’s A Will" One of your die hard fans has passed on bequeathing their worldly possessions to your promotion. Do you accept it or donate it to charity? Gain EITHER $56,609 or +5 Popularity across your home area.

50. "Keeping It In The Family" Create a younger sibling wrestler aged 17 (same 750 skill point split). If you are over 32 treat this as a son/daughter.

Liking those Derek. If I wasn't so heavily engaged in a 0/0/0/0 I'd definitely be giving this challenge a go.

8. “LEGEN… wait for it… DARY!” Gain a Best Friend relationship with someone on your roster whose picture is of them wearing a suit. If no-one on your roster is wearing a suit, you must hire someone who wears a suit and become their Best Friend anyway then add +10% to your Drinking habit.

Is possibly one of my favourite things ever.

Started my Road to Glory game and two years in so far

Ragnar Wolfbane started with Heroes of Wrestling based in Scandinavia. Vladimir Smertin became the very cheap owner who promptly displayed his cheapness by negative acts on a monthly basis.

2010 came and went and i gained a useful +5 to aerial (for a big heavyweight entertainer) and then in March 2011 the head booker of UEW came open.... like the rat i am I jumped ship and watched my old company go under next month.

I spent six months re-organising the UEW roster and bringing in a ton of performance based stars (Faust, Joss Thompson, Merle O'Curle, Nigel Svensson, Matravers, Rolling Johnny Stones...) before grabbing the opportunity to form my own promotion WOLF in October 2011

2012 rolls around and a chance encounter on holiday brings Australian manager Jamie G to my company. Hope it is not too anti the spirit of RTG but i changed strong friendship to dating.

Product: balanced on performance/pop

Key Mainstream, Medium on Realism, Comedy and Pure

MEs:Doctor Insane, Wade Orson, Armand Hardwicke (surely a temporary blip) and Rolling Johnny Stone

Liking those Derek. If I wasn't so heavily engaged in a 0/0/0/0 I'd definitely be giving this challenge a go.

Is possibly one of my favourite things ever.

I had a feeling someone might like that. :) If I were to roll it with my current roster I'd end up with either Papa O'Keefe or Martin Bloydell as my new best friend. I might have to head to the alts threads and start requesting suited alts for people on my roster just in case. :p

A) Since my XBOX 360 died I'll be starting one of these.

B) 48. "What's In A Name" Your company has been rebranded in an attempt to appeal to the changing industry. Lose $20,000 Gain 3 Promotion Overness across all areas you have popularity in, and +20% Momentum.

Should you have to change your companies name for this?

29. “You Can Dance If You Wanna” You have devoted your holiday season to training in the ring +5 to your Safety skill

Big Smack Scott should really try and leave his friends behind then...

Careful, incurring the wrath of the Big Smacker can result in a fate worse than death. The Big Smack Shuffle is not something to be messed with! :p

A) Since my XBOX 360 died I'll be starting one of these.

B) 48. "What's In A Name" Your company has been rebranded in an attempt to appeal to the changing industry. Lose $20,000 Gain 3 Promotion Overness across all areas you have popularity in, and +20% Momentum.

Should you have to change your companies name for this?

It's one of the original 25 before I added my own additions... I figure it's the same as any marketing campaign, like TNA's rebranding of TNA Impact to Impact Wrestling or just inventing terms like the Attitude Era. Feel free to change your name if you want to though, but I don't think it should be a requirement. :)

I'm still doing it and later today when I get a chance I'm gonna write up a big thing about where I am. As far as the new table goes I like it very much and I rolled step into the light and will be adding +15 across Japan for myself.

BCG is stuck at 70 overness in my main region but in January 2015 we've got 2 million in the bank and its time to start pushing toward cult. Should be good times.

Cant recall if I posted (but figured I would before I grabbed my flashdrive and played my save for the first time in....well... in a while...) that i had finally gotten myself into SOTBPW. Hadnt played much since then since every one of my shows dropped my promotions pop down.... I had to cancel the tv shows before I fell back to cult. I blame the repeated match penalties.

Ok here it goes

BCG has finished its 5th year and begins 2015 with 2 million in the bank and 70 overness in the Kinki region of Japan, and 29 overness everywhere else. The Black Lion has 61 Prestige and a 100 momentum. Most of the core roster has been with BCG from day one and are loyal to the code of the Black Lion. BCG heads out on three tours a year, March-April, July-August and November-December. In 2013 the middle tour of the year became a group tournament where teams of four (Prides) vie for the best team in BCG gathering points in 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3 and 4 on 4 matches. The worker with the most wins (pins) for his team and the record of best matches (average match rating of tour) is granted a title shot at the next tour. The two winners have been KAZ and KC Glenn both of whom have gone on to win the BCG Ebon Lion Championship.

The core roster is 22 men and 10 women. Most tours see the addition of 10 male and 6 female young lions to compete on the Black Canvas.

Roster

Main Event

Bulldozer Brandon Smith

Kalu Owusu

Roku Sotomura

UK Dragon

Upper Midcard

Fox Mask

KC Glenn (BCG Ebon Lion Champion)

Lobo (User Character and one half of the BCG Lion’s Pride Champions)

Morimasa Kato

Midcard

Brother Kada (Gonnohyoe Kada)

Haranobu Kobayashi

Josh Jones

Punisher Paul Hughes

Taheiji Konoe

The Big Problem

Yuri Illiakov

Lower Midcard

Lion Genji

Sterling Whitlock

Viktor Beskov

Openers

Acid II (One half of the BCG Lion’s Pride Champions)

Nichiren Kaminaga (Regen of Spyder Yakuta who died at age 30)

Enhancement Talent

Brother Yoshitaka

Stretch the Chicken Boy

Women’s Division

Alicia Strong

Amber Allen

Chiyeko Kita

Emma Bitch

Ginko Kuroda

HEART Saitoh

Joanne Rodriguez

Megumi Nakajima

Ochiyo Iijima

Sakura Sada

Titles

BCG Ebon Lion Championship

KC Glenn

Roku Sotomura

KAZ

Bulldozer Brandon Smith

KAZ

Bulldozer Brandon Smith

Shingen Miyazaki

Stone Yoshikawa

Mr. Lucha III

Merle O’Curle

BCG Lion’s Pride Championships

High Impact (Acid II and Lobo)

Monster Inc (Punisher Paul Hughes and The Big Problem)

The Pack (KC Glenn and Lobo)

The Mad Monks (Brother Kada and Brother Yoshitaka)

BCG Ebon Lioness Championship

Chiyeko Kita

Alicia Strong

Joanne Rodriguez

HEART Saitoh

Megumi Nakajima

Chiyeko Kita

Yukiko Matusmara

BCG Jade Lioness’ Pride Tournament

The Gaijin Girls II – 2014

Team 5SSW – 2013

Former Black Canvas Luminaries include

Merle O’Curle (Back in the UK working for ROF), Extraordinario Jr. (part of BHOTWG Junior Division), Kaii Hanari (working for WLW), KAZ (Working for WLW), Mr. Lucha III (Working for GCG), Shingen Miyazaki (Working for GCG and touring repreatedly for WLW), Nigel Svensson (Working for UEW and NWF), Stephanie “Principessa” Hazel (Retired Road Agent for NOTBPW) The Tic (working for WLW and ACPW) and Yukiko Matsumara (Injured for another 4 months)

BCG is big on tag teams with every member of the roster being paired off with another all the way up through the main event. This does not mean partners don’t meet in singles combat and the BCG Lion’s Pride championships are still a midcard title.

Fox & Dragon (34) – Fox Mask and UK Dragon

High Impact (18) – Acid II and Lobo (Current BCG Lion’s Pride champions)

Kato & Sotomura (17) – Morimasa Kato and Roku Sotomura

Killer Instinct (51) – Emma Bitch and Ginko Kuroda

Kobayashi & Konoe (25) – Haranobu Kobayashi and Taheiji Konoe

Lion & Chicken (32) – Lion Genji and Stretch the Chicken Boy

Monster Inc (77) – Punisher Paul Hughes and The Big Problem

Strike Force (38) – Nichiren Kaminaga and Sterling Whitlock

Strong & Kita (6) – Alicia Strong and Chiyeko Kita

Tea, 5SSW (38) – HEART Saitoh and Megumi Nakajima

The Gaijin Warriors (25) – Josh Jones and KC Glenn

The Gaijin Girls II (37) – Amber Allen and Joanne Rodriguez (for reference the original Gaijin Girls was Allen and Stephanie Hazel. Rodriguez replaced Hazel when she retired)

The Mad Monks (66) – Brother Kada and Brother Yoshitaka

The Red Devils (76) – Viktor Beskov and Yuri Iliakov (The only team to work together before BCG)

The Top Rope All-Stars (54) – Ochiyo Iijima and Sakura Sada

Unstoppable Force (24) – Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Kalu Owusu (They have bad chemistry but I haven’t really had a chance to separate them so I’m pushing through one day their tag experience will counter their poor cohesion)

In the middle of the last tour of 2014 The Big Problem was caught with steroids. Since we have had no program in place to test for it, the media grab a hold of the story and dropped our prestige. The tur was such a success we gained it all back plus some. Problem received my message well but the fear is he has continued we may need to start testing him on a regular basis. He has however stopped being a poor backstage presence although his tag partner Hughes has not, although he hardly ever causes trouble.

Next up the summary of the 2013 and 2014 Pride Tour...

The Pride Tour saw the first ever four man team tournaments go on. Each team fought in Four 4 vs 4 matches, eight 3 vs 3 matches (every combination twice so all 4 members of the team got 6 matches), eight Tag Team matches (4 matches four each tag team) and 16 singles matches (four singles matches for each worker). Each match was worth a number of points equal to the number of team mates in the match 1 point for 1 vs 1, 2 points for 2 vs 2, ect. The battle was brutal and this is how it turned out.

Pride 1 – 71 Points

Bulldozer Brandon Smith

Kalu Owusu

UK Dragon

Fox Mask

Pride 2 – 56 Points

Roku Sotomura

Morimasa Kato

Munemitsu Senmatsu

Battle Sakata

Pride 3 – 52 Points

KAZ

Silver Shibanuma

KC Glenn

Lobo

Pride 4 – 34 Points

The Big Problem

Punisher Paul Hughes

Brother Yoshitaka

Brother Kada

Pride 5 – 20 Points

Acid II

Josh Jones

Haranobu Kobayashi

Nichiren Kaminaga

Pride 6 – 44 Points

Stretch the Chicken Boy

Sterling Whitlock

Yuri Iliakov

Viktor Beskov

Pride 7 – 11 Points

Haruhiro Tsumemasa

Taro Shionoya

Lion Genji

Kiyotaka

Team 8 – 0 Points

Arinori Inoguchi

Seiki Shiga

Giant Brody

Steel

Winning Team

Team 1 – Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Kalu Owusu, Fox Mask and UK Dragon

Worker of the Tour – Most wins for your team (Mean got the pin or submission)

KAZ 14 wins average rating of 64 (Bulldozer Brandon Smith also had 14 wins but ranked at an average 62 rating)

Young Lion of the Tour

Stretch the Chicken Boy 10 wins average rating 58 (The next closest was fellow team mate Viktor Beskov at 5 wins with a 58 average rating also)

Tag Team of the Tour

The Pack (KC Glenn and Lobo) 4 wins average rating 68 (Fox & Dragon [Fox mask and UK Dragon], Unstoppable Force [bulldozer Brandon Smith and Kalu Owusu] and The Red Devils (Viktor Beskov and Yuri Iliakov] also had three wins but their average match ratings were 60, 55 and 60 respectively)

Best 1 vs 1 Match

Roku Sotomura over KC Glenn (78) (The 5th best match ever in BCG and one of three to rank at 78 on The Broken Tour, Team 1 over Team 2 and Battle Sakata over KC Glenn also ranked in at 78)

Best 2 vs 2 Match

The Pack (KC Glenn and Lobo) over Team Extreme (Battle Sakata and Munemitsu Senmatsu) (75) (One of two matches to get to 75 on the tour the other being The Pack going over long time rivals Monster Inc [Punisher Paul Hughes and The Big Problem])

Best 3 vs 3 Match

Battle Sakata, Morimasa Kato and Roku Sotomura over KAZ, KC Glenn and Lobo (76)

Best 4 vs 4 Match

Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Kalu Owusu, Fox Mask and UK Dragon over Morimasa Kato, Roku Sotomura, Battle Sakata and Munemitsu Senmatsu (78)

The Pride II Tour repeated last year’s Pride Tour four man team (pride) tournaments. Each team fought in Four 4 vs 4 matches, eight 3 vs 3 matches (every combination twice so all 4 members of the team got 6 matches), eight Tag Team matches (4 matches four each tag team) and 16 singles matches (four singles matches for each worker). Each match was worth a number of points equal to the number of team mates in the match 1 point for 1 vs 1, 2 points for 2 vs 2, ect. The battle was brutal and this is how it turned out.

Pride 1 – 32

Roku Sotomura ME

Eien Miyamoto ME

La Besita Purpura UM

Toyokuni Hardcore UM

Pride 2 – 65

Bulldozer Brandon Smith ME

Kalu Owusu ME

Punisher Paul Hughes UM

The Big Problem UM

Pride 3 – 57

UK Dragon ME

Fox Mask UM

Munemitsu Sen Matsu ME

Battle Sakata UM

Pride 4 – 48

Josh Jones

KC Glenn

Haranobu Kobayashi

Taheiji Konoe

Pride 5 – 22

Lion Genji

Stretch the Chicken Boy

Brother Kada

Brother Yoshitaka

Pride 6 – 51

Viktor Beskov

Yuri Iliakov

Acid II

Lobo

Pride 7 – 10

Hijo Del Aguila Americana

Ogai Miki

Sterling Whitlock

Nichiren Kaminaga

Pride 8 – 3

Shiba Mizoguchi

Yoriyoshi Morisue

Bradley Blaze

Austin Smooth

Winning Team

Pride 2 – Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Kalu Owusu, Punisher Paul Hughes and The Big Problem

Worker of the Tour – Most wins for your team (got the pin or submission)

KC Glenn with 14 wins average rating of 76.1 (Bulldozer Brandon Smith also had 13 wins with an average 67.28 rating and Lobo had 10 wins with an average 63.17 rating)

Young Lion of the Tour

Viktor Beskov 6 wins average rating of 62.33 (The next closest was fellow team mate Yuri Iliakov at 5 wins with a 61.44 average rating also)

Tag Team of the Tour

Miyamoto & Sotomura (Eien Miyamoto and Roku Sotomura) 4 wins average rating 72.25 (High Impact [Acid II and Lobo], Unstoppable Force [bulldozer Brandon Smith and Kalu Owusu] and The Red Devils (Viktor Beskov and Yuri Iliakov] also had four wins but their average match ratings were 67.75, 65.75 and 58.25 respectively)

Best 1 vs 1 Match

KC Glenn over Munemitsu Senmatsu (83) (The 4th best match ever in BCG. Two other matches tied for second at an 82 rating, KC Glenn over Punisher Paul Hughes and Josh Jones over Roku Sotomura)

Best 2 vs 2 Match

Miyamoto & Sotomura (Eien Miyamoto and Roku Sotomura) over The Gaijin Warriors (Josh Jones and KC Glenn) (84) (The Gaijin Warriors were also involved in the second best tag team match on the tour defeating Team Extreme (Battle Sakata and Munemitsu Senmatsu) with an 80 rating)

Best 3 vs 3 Match

Tahieji Konoe and The Gaijin Warriors Warriors (Josh Jones and KC Glenn) over Roku Sotomura and Rage & Fury (La Bestia Purpura and Yoyokuni Hardcore) (79)

Best 4 vs 4 Match

Fox & Dragon (Fox Mask and UK Dragon) and Team Extreme (Battle Sakata and Munemitsu Senmatsu) over Kobayashi & Konoe (Haranobu Kobayashi and Tahieji Konoe) and The Gaijin Warriors (Josh Jones and KC Glenn) (78)

That game looks awesome. I love looking at intricate systems like that, though I think I'd have real trouble putting them into play.

I'm really impressed by Lobo's progression. He's obviously still not that great, but he's not a guy you'd be embarrassed to have on your roster either (shame about that low acting cap though?)

Archived