DOTM: October 2011 Nominations

RULES

1. Credit goes to The Curator/mistaken for the layout here.

2. You have 3 votes to nominate , 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

3. You may not nominate yourself

4. All nominations do not need to be seconded to make the voting round

5. All nominations must include a reason

6. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

7. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month, the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month, and not started by a Hall of Famer. (non-diary threads are no longer eligible)

8. Hall of Famers include: Monkeypox, Scapino1974, Tristram, Adam Ryland, Nevermore, Tigerkinney, KeefMoon, J Silver, James Casey, BigPapa42, Marcel Fromage, Reaper, Dragonmack, Eisen-verse, Self and Phantom Stranger

9. You CAN nominate the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (21st Century Boys (English c-verse) by Boltinho and NWA 1989: Rise To Glory by angeldelayette)

10. You can NOT nominate Ring of Honor-We Don't Imitate...We Innovate (2002) by The Final Countdown

11. You can NOT nominate SWF: Supreme by James Casey

12. A vote for yourself is an automatic disqualification.

13. The hope is to update this at least once a day.

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

Rules Change: NO 2nd is required this month (I liked the selection last month so lets keep the same again this month)

Nominations will be open until November 1st 2011 (12 pm Eastern)

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510046&page=6

I nominate WWF 1987: The New Challenge by Ritchardo

Picture Wrestlemania III - Hulk Hogan has just beaten Andre the Giant. What does he do next? Go to Disney World? Well no, in this world Ritchardo has created, the Heenan family Brain Trust was in disarry and Harley Race stepped out to challenge Hogan....and BEAT HIM!!! 8 time NWA kingpin Harley Race is the new WWF champion, Hulk-a-mania is no more! That's reason enough to earn my vote this month, but there is plenty more going on.

AND I'm sure it's only going to get better

Olympia beat me too it.... For pretty much the same reason!

Aww shucks! You guys!

Thanks very much coming from writers to two of my favourite diaries that means a lot!

And for anyone who clicks on to the diary and thinks the style is a little too hard to read to persevere with, stick with it - it gets better just after Wrestlemania (think of it as a Wizard of Oz type moment...)

I'll give it some thought and come back with my noms later

If NoNeck would actually post a show, I could...probably not Rookie nom him due to HoF status. Oh.

And if I vote for myself, I'm dq'd ._.

I dunno, really; I haven't added too many non-rookie diaries to my subscriptions, and of the rookies...haven't developed a hell of a lot yet, so I'm want to nominate them.

For Real World I would like to nominate: Nobby_McDonald's TNA's New Beginnings II

Just because he took the risk of putting the TNA Championship on Chris Harris.

C-Verse I would like to nominate: Jingo's The Next Generation of Awesome: SAW!

While Jingo has another great diary going on right now with his RAW diary, this diary is my favorite of the two. The characters in this diary are just great, I often wonder just where Jingo comes up with some of these oddball characters.

C-Verse I would like to nominate: Jingo's The Next Generation of Awesome: SAW!

While Jingo has another great diary going on right now with his RAW diary, this diary is my favorite of the two. The characters in this diary are just great, I often wonder just where Jingo comes up with some of these oddball characters.

Thanks alot BHK being nominated is like winning for me just to be put up alongside some great writers .. So yeah thanks.

Right my nominations,

Michgcs WWE - WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History!

And for Cverse Boltinho's 21CW 21st Century Boys

Thanks alot BHK being nominated is like winning for me just to be put up alongside some great writers .. So yeah thanks.

Right my nominations,

Michgcs WWE - WWE: The Longest-Running Weekly Episodic Cluster of Shows in TV History!

And for Cverse Boltinho's 21CW 21st Century Boys

Thanks very much indeed sir. Much appreciated.

I'd like to volunteer Zergon's FCW Diary - Freedom to Crash.

Not only is it a great example of a living diary where people leave and things go wrong he's also by far (IMO) the best man for feedback on this board. He gives great reactions based on having read very carefully and goes out of his way to be a good reader.

Three cheers for Zergon!

Thanks very much indeed sir. Much appreciated.

I'd like to volunteer Zergon's FCW Diary - Freedom to Crash.

Not only is it a great example of a living diary where people leave and things go wrong he's also by far (IMO) the best man for feedback on this board. He gives great reactions based on having read very carefully and goes out of his way to be a good reader.

Three cheers for Zergon!

Big thanks for Boltinho on both the nomination and the praise though I personally wouldn´t really call myself best feedback guy here. :)

As for my own nominations I go with Phantom Stranger´s TCW: A Quiet Retirement http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47928 on Cornellverse and SHaynes23´s World Championship Wrestling: Where The Big Boys Play (1995) http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509771 on Realworld.

<p>Well I would have nominated Zergon's FCW - Freedom to Crash but Boltinho beat me to it.</p><p> </p><p>

If you haven't read Zergon's dynasty I would highly suggest doing so like Boltinho said its a perfect example of how things can go wrong but Zergon seems to do a great job in fixing things. I had a FCW game go for 26 years and at the end of the game I didn't have a single member of my origional roster left on the roster who was a wrestler. Sure I had Puerto Rican Power and a few other origional staff members but by the end of my game all my origional wrestlers were gone. It is probably one of my favoriote games I have done in TEW next to my current NOTBPW one but sadly after all the origional members had left my highest rated match during advance booking was a 24 and that is not good considering that some of the matches that I advanced booked at the start of the game had 40 to 60 heat. Anyways I will stop my rambling in this thread. Zergon you got my vote!</p>

Archived