DC - Icons

DC - Icons

What Is This?

DC Icons is a mod for Comic Book Hero - The Greatest Cape. It focuses on the DC universe, and works to present as many of the line's great characters as possible in a way that best represents them as they are perceived by the casual fan.

What Are Your Goals?

The main goal of this mod is to put the characters out there in the way you likely remember them. That means a classic approach to the lineup of teams like the Justice League, a Superman who is married to Lois Lane, and under no circumstances are we paying attention to "The New 52."

What About The Flash?

He's Wally. The current generation of comic book readers and TV watchers grew up with Wally as The Flash, and that's what he'll be. Barry Allen is a great, iconic hero - when he's the guy who died saving the universe.

What About Green Lantern?

The Corps will be active, but all of the fun associated with those guys will probably wait until a later update.

When Is This Getting Released?

Look for the first release a few weeks after the game's launch date, when I should have something barebones that represents most of the bigger heroes and their environments. Past that, I'll try and update further to represent more aspects of the DC Universe.

Yay!

Whats the status of Robin going to be?

i think the best idea would be to set Robin as the "current" Robin, Damien Wayne. Then have all previous Robin's be at their current position in the universe as well..

Dick Grayson - Nightwing

Jason Todd - Red Hood

Tim Drake - Red Robin

Stephanie Brown - Bat Girl

Damian Wayne - Robin

Yay!

Whats the status of Robin going to be?

i think the best idea would be to set Robin as the "current" Robin, Damien Wayne. Then have all previous Robin's be at their current position in the universe as well..

Dick Grayson - Nightwing

Jason Todd - Red Hood

Tim Drake - Red Robin

Stephanie Brown - Bat Girl

Damian Wayne - Robin

I could get behind that... partially because I'd much rather have Barbara Gordon as Oracle instead of Batgirl.

As I've said about a DC mod before, it should be a little loose with the characters, the Robin/Batgirl characters being good examples. It should be a good overview of the DC universe, not a specific point in one of its existences.

agreed completley.

works to present as many of the line's great characters as possible in a way that best represents them as they are perceived by the casual fan.

So I think thats what his intention is. However, once a good overall mod like this comes out, people can then fine tune it to represent a specific time.

I for one am more in favor of Brown as Spoiler & Cain as Batgirl, just to name one instance, but Damian as Robin. Don't tell me it isn't synchronised, because with DC, nothing really is anymore.

But this is just one of the reasons the mod maker should just decide to go with one particular setting and make it final. :p

And like Canada says, it's always customisable by the player, so ya...

A DC mod is exactly what I would like for this game. However I have to ask what is wrong with The New 52. I'm actually liking the new Superman, Batman and Justice League books. Not that I am against the classic version of DC, I'm just curious what you have against The New 52.

I was never a DC fan and I think the new 52 is the best thing to ever happen to them.

Then again I'm making a modern marvel mod so maybe I'm biased :p

A DC mod is exactly what I would like for this game. However I have to ask what is wrong with The New 52. I'm actually liking the new Superman, Batman and Justice League books. Not that I am against the classic version of DC, I'm just curious what you have against The New 52.

The problem with the new 52 is that there is no continuity. It's impossible for me as a modder to create a consistent universe for the game because the writers and editors at DC haven't done that yet either.

<p>I am so so so excited for a DC mod! I have been trying to make my own but i dont think its balancing well, and I don't really have the time to work on it much. Much more a DC guy than Marvel, so I am really excited for this one. Goodluck with it! </p><p> </p><p>

I have been making some Batman characters and its been rough to figure out how to level them and everything. Very confusing stuff for sure, goodluck!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shamelessposer" data-cite="shamelessposer" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="32656" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The problem with the new 52 is that there is no continuity. It's impossible for me as a modder to create a consistent universe for the game because the writers and editors at DC haven't done that yet either.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thats very true, I was just wondering if you did not like the new books.</p>

Archived