D.O.T.T. - World Wrestling Federation

Tuesday Night Titans, week 2, April 1983 [CENTER][SIZE=5] [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/cowboys3356/tuesdaynighttitans.jpg[/IMG][/SIZE][/CENTER] [SIZE=4][CENTER] [COLOR=Purple]TUESDAY NIGHT TITANS Alumni Hall located in New York City, New York Showing Live on TV Local – Tri State 5,000 people are in attendance[/COLOR][/CENTER][/SIZE] --------------------------------------- [SIZE=5][U][B]Pre-Show:[/B][/U][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Steiner Brothers (Rick & Scott) vs Total Perfection (Lex Luger & Rick Rude) vs Tony Atlas/RockyJohnson (C Rating)[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~The jobbing of the soon departing Rocky Johnson continues as he is led to slaughter and used as a practice dummy during this pre show match. Johnson is beaten senseless by both opposing teams before the Steiner Brothers get the win by submission as [B]Scott Steiner finishes Rocky Johnson with the Steiner Recliner[/B]. --------------------------------------- [SIZE=5][U][B]Main Show:[/B][/U][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]Too Many Contenders! (C+ Rating)[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~Things start off with Vince McMahon, Jr in the ring proclaiming that Wrestlemania was a huge success and announcing that this month’s PPV will be called Backlash! Vince’s little monologue is interrupted by [B]Jake Roberts who comes out demanding an Intercontinental Title shot[/B]! The two men argue briefly before [B]Pedro Morales[/B] runs out and claims that he was robbed in his match against Roberts and [B]should be the one getting the title shot[/B]. Just as Roberts and Morales are ready to start fighting, [B]the Iron Sheik appears out of the back and says that he is the true #1 IC Title Contender[/B] because he is the only worker that is forced to work two matches in one night! McMahon finally throws his hands up in disgust and says that [B]all three men will face each other in a triple threat match tonight and the winner will get a title shot[/B] at Backlash against Don Muraco for the IC title. [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Mr. Fuji vs Big John Studd (B- Rating)[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~The running series between Fuji and Studd continues with Fuji holding the upper hand with 2 wins to Studd’s 1 win. These two workers have excellent chemistry and are able to put together a good match every time they are together. The match follows its usual back and forth pattern until [B]Fuji finally puts away Studd[/B] with the Kamikaze Clothesline! The fans rise to their feet cheering the action and Fuji raises his hands in victory. [SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]Macho Man on a Mission (A Rating)[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~The cameras take us behind the scenes to find Vince McMahon, Jr in his office with Macho Man Randy Savage. [B]Vince tells Savage to “take out” the Minnesota Wrecking Crew[/B] and to eliminate anyone that gets in his way. He goes on to say that his father Vince McMahon, Sr will be next once Savage eliminates the muscle but before he can say anything else, the door is busted open by Andre the Giant! [B]The crowd cheers as Andre demands a title shot against Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund[/B]. Vince says that Andre is a talented worker but others are more deserving of a title match. Andre doesn’t take the news well and begins to toss chairs around the room! Vince and Randy quickly exit the room as the rampaging Giant begins to destroy everything in sight! [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Bob Roop vs Randy Savage (B Rating)[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~Late word around the WWF is that Bob Roop is jumping ship to the rival Georgia Championship Wrestling! With that in mind this match is very predictable as Savage absolutely destroys Roop and makes him look VERY bad in the process. [B]Savage finally gets the win with a flying elbow drop off the top ropes and then the pin fall[/B]. Savage finishes things off by continuing the beating of Roop while the fans boo in the stands. [SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]Paying the Piper (C+ Rating)[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~Ray Stevens is shown walking in the backstage area and receives a big cheer from the crowd. As everyone knows, Stevens turned on Vince McMahon, Jr at Wrestlemania which cost Vince the win and allowed Pat Patterson to take full control of his talk show. [B]As Stevens turns the corner he is jumped by Corporation members Superstar Billy Graham and Paul Orndorff[/B]! Graham and Orndorff are armed with crow bars and proceed to beat Stevens to within in an inch of his life! The segment ends with Stevens lying on the ground in a pool of blood and Graham telling Orndorff “[B]it is time to get paid[/B]”! [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Rocky Johnson vs George “The Animal” Steele (C+Rating)[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~This match is absolutely brutal to watch as Johnson is bleeding within about a minute of the match starting. Steele rips apart the turnbuckle covers and repeatedly slams Johnson’s head into it over and over. The crowd cheers and begins yelling “Rocky Sucks” as Steele continues to dismantle Rocky Johnson. [B]The match ends with George Steele getting the pin by submission[/B] as the pain is just too much for Johnson to endure and he is forced to give up. If this is Johnson’s last match in the WWF then he certainly paid a heavy price to leave the company. [SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]Heavyweight Title Tournament (B Rating)[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~Vince McMahon comes out to the ring to announce an [B]8 Man Tournament for the WWF Heavyweight Title #1 Contender Spot[/B] and a match against Bob Backlund at Backlash. The tournament is set up as follows: Andre the Giant versus Paul Orndorff The Spoiler versus Tito Santana Jerry Stubbs versus Billy Graham Tony Atlas versus Tiger Chung Lee [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Jake Roberts vs Pedro Morales vs The Iron Sheik (B+ Rating)[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~Easily the best match of the night as three of the best workers in the WWF really have their A game tonight. Each man takes his turn looking strong and all three guys are put over at some point in the match. The match finally ends around the 15 minute mark as all three guys are outside the ring battling and [B]the referee ends up counting them all out[/B]! The workers turn back and all appeared shocked that they have been counted out and begin to protest the decision! The referee quickly runs to the back as all three guys stare in disbelief at the outcome of the match. [B]The TV announcers play up the confusion and hype up the fact that now McMahon will have to a make a decision on which man is the #1 contender[/B] for the IC Title will be! [SIZE=4][COLOR=Blue]Andre the Giant vs Paul Orndorff (1st Round Heavyweight Title Tournament Match) (A Rating)[/COLOR][/SIZE] ~The surprised audience is informed that the Tournament for the Heavyweight Title #1 Contender spot will begin tonight! The TV announcers play it up that the show has entered “extra time” and that this match is a bonus! Orndorff is clearly being paid back for the work he has done for McMahon and Andre really seems to have a chip on his shoulder tonight…not a good thing for Orndorff who receives a major beat down by the Giant as Andre is put over in a big way. [B]The match ends with Andre choke slamming Orndorff into the canvas and then sitting on him to get the 1-2-3 and the win[/B]. Andre advances to the second round and the show ends with Andre celebrating in the ring and a brief glimpse of Bob Backlund watching the match on a TV in the backstage area. --------------------------------------- [SIZE=5][U][B]WWF Challenge Preview:[/B][/U][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Purple] *Jimmy Snuka vs George "The Animal" Steele *Big John Studd vs Mr Fuji *Tito Santana vs The Spoiler (1st Round #1 Contender Match) *The Samoans vs Ax & The Spoiler [/COLOR][/SIZE] --------------------------------------- [SIZE=5][COLOR=Orange]Show Final Rating: B+[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Johnson sucks...I'm surprised we didn't hear any "Rocky Sucks" I'm starting to feel sorry for him...How much longer does he have? I guess I rooting for Billy Graham to win the tournament seeing it seems as if he the most heat behind him.. Could Stevens be going at it as a loner...Or will Patterson come to his aid??? Oh yeah, Good stuff as usual!

[QUOTE=Oldschool]Johnson sucks...I'm surprised we didn't hear any "Rocky Sucks" I'm starting to feel sorry for him...How much longer does he have? [/QUOTE] That was his last show and Mr. McMahon made sure he went out with a bang! Also I added the Rocky Sucks chant!

My predictions: [B]Jimmy Snuka[/B] vs George "The Animal" Steele Steele is a crazy man but Snuka just has too much talent to lose this match especially after his wrestlemania defeat. Big John Studd vs [B]Mr Fuji[/B] Seems pretty back and forth so I will guess that it is Fuji's turn for a win. Tito Santana vs [B]The Spoiler[/B] I think the Spoiler is just a little more than jobber Santana can handle. [B]The Samoans[/B] vs Ax & The Spoiler Two matches in one night for Spoiler will end up being too much for him and it will cost his team the match. Wrestlemania was freaking awesome and this diary continues to be my favorite by far!

another great show and a it was written up well The tournament for the number one contendership seems like it should be very good . Not too sure who to place my money on though WWF Challenge Preview: *[B]Jimmy Snuka[/B] vs George "The Animal" Steele *[B]Big John Studd[/B] vs Mr Fuji *Tito Santana vs [B]The Spoiler [/B](1st Round #1 Contender Match) *[B]The Samoans [/B]vs Ax & The Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Just got very busy and actually haven't played TEW in quite awhile. But mostly was frustrated with the fact that TEW 2005 is a very tough game to turn into a long term sim career. However, TEW 2007 looks like it is going to be perfect for building a long term dynasty so expect the diary to begin again!

[QUOTE=the ismailite;163435]To be forthright, this was the standard for DOTT imo.[/QUOTE] Thanks! I will restart once TEW2007 is released and continue where I left off in terms of main characters, storylines, etc. I can't pick up exactly but I will follow the general direction and format of this diary.

• 6 months later...
I just thought I would briefly bump my old diary which I fondly remember writing. While I was never able to pick it up like I hoped I would it is a still a decent read even after all of this time. I wonder how the GCW vs WWF war would have gone!?!?

Archived