SWF In 2013

Guest KingOfKings

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im planning on starting a Hall Of Fame at the Supreme Challenge 34. Who would you put in an SWF Hall of fame?

I guess that would all depend on who is associated with USPW & TCW. Guys like Sean McFly, Sam Keith (Arguably wouldn't be inducted), Rip Chord, Runaway Train and Micky Starr, who aren't currently associated with promotions they're hostile towards, would be good/obvious choices if you ask me.

I guess that would all depend on who is associated with USPW & TCW. Guys like Sean McFly, Sam Keith (Arguably wouldn't be inducted), Rip Chord, Runaway Train and Micky Starr, who aren't currently associated with promotions they're hostile towards, would be good/obvious choices if you ask me.

Add Dread.

I would suggest also Christian Faith. It could be the trigger for a great storyline, especially if you are lucky to have a next big thing wrestler on your roster.

Who you have on the roster right now, I'd induct Runaway Train as your main guy. He just retired and he was a really strong character in the SWF for awhile!

ACTIVE ROSTER

rich money

christian faith

nicky champion

sammy bach

jack bruce

remo

angry gilmore

vengeance

steve frehley

valiant

joey miinesota

des davids

randy bumfhole

jungle lord

matthew keith

eddie peak

eric eisen

james prudence

squeeky mcclean

chris morisette

sean mcfly

rogue

brandon james

jefferson stardust

steven parker

ricky decolt

remmy skye

robbie retro

paul steadyfast

marc dubois

steve flash

zimmy bumfhole

bret starr

cameron vessey

dark angel

donnie j

ash campbell

casey valentine

huey cannonball

clark alexander

sky king

primus allen

jacob jett

scythe

silver tiger

fro sure

gino montero

spencer spade

swoop mccarthy

ernest youngman

kc glenn

quiz master

masa kurata

the architect

cique jr

el mitico jr

davis wayne newton

nicky gilbert

ROAD AGENTS

shino ko

chief two eagles

rikyu okubo

runaway train

marcus mcking

elemental

crippler ray kingman

I'd go with something like this for the first Hall of Fame if I were you, mainly guys on your roster...

Micky Starr inducted by Hollywood Bret Starr

Sam Keith inducted by Matthew Keith

Christian Faith inducted by Richard Eisen

Peter Michaels inducted by Duane Fry

Chief Two Eagles inducted by Nicky Champion

Random worker question:

Does anyone else find Des Davids to be an overness machine?

I've run three SWF games and in every one he seems to get really popular really quickly, despite me not doing anything to help him out. It's not like he has amazing charisma or star quality. Just seems weird to me.

Random worker question:

I've run three SWF games and in every one he seems to get really popular really quickly, despite me not doing anything to help him out. It's not like he has amazing charisma or star quality. Just seems weird to me.

Nope he's been pretty useless for me plus he's partnered with a guy I never like using, American Machine. They've both lost the titls and about 10 pts of overness a piece as I use them as a midcard team to help boost the guys I really want to push.

Although my three team storyline between The Sinners (tag champs), The Bumfholes and The Platinum Blondes just got sidetracked as james Prudence is out for 8 months. it was 11 but the surgery worked.

Right now I'm building toward Times of Trouble which should look like this.

The Sinners vs The Amazing Bumfholes and The Platinum Blondes

The Sinners have held the titles since January and the Bumfholes got their shot already and then drew The Blondes last month. With Prudences injury though I'm going to have to build toward a surprise partner for Garcia so they can stay in the match.

Remo over Lobster Warrior

Warrior had a big feud going with Rich Money for a bit and kept losing because of Money's hired muscle Khoklov. After a final loss to Khooklov straight up Warrior has been looking to show he can be a monster and then go bak for Khoklov. Remo on theother hand lost 3 times single to Frehley and then a final four way battle and took some of his frustration out Warrior and Gilmore whom Eric Eisen payed Remo to build up. Eisen and Remo beat Gilmore and Warrior last month.

Rogue over Valiant

This will be the final battle in the saga between Valiant and The Chase Agency. Valiant will take the loss and then look to rebuild himself picking the unbeatable Khoklov as his opponent for next month, while with the win Rogue will claim he has a shot at the title but Frehley who wil lose his remach against Money this month will say he needs to go through him first.

Joseph Lust over Angry Gilmore, Eric Eisen and Robbie Retro

Joseph Lust (sexy( has started a program with Robbie Retro, interrupting Retro's dance with a fan segment on my B show uprising. Lust and Retro will some how work themselves into a title match for the North American title in a four way match. Lust will pin Retro to take Gilmore's title. This will end Gilmore versus Eisen and Gilmore will go on to face Money for the World title next month while Eisen will look to destroy everything his father created but have to go through Faith who will be coming off a thrid singles loos to Vengeance.

Vengenace over Christian Faith

Although Frehley had four contnders he only really go any singles matches with remo which left Vengeace to destroy what he believed to be the corrupt heart of SWF, Christian Faith. These two have great chemistry and will feud again but they've had their three matches and six months and while Faith will be going against Eisen, Vengeance will seek to excise Jack Bruce and all the evil excesses his Rock and Roll lifestyle brings.

Rich Money over Steve Frehley

Remo will loss he rematch against Reich Money and as noted will start going against The Chase Agency while Money will begin a feud with Angry Gilmore which should bring me some great ratings for the next few months.

Random worker question:

Yeah, he's jumped up the card really fast in every SWF game I've played actually. Well, besides one, but he started off with crap momentum in that one.

Of course this has only been when I've used him as a tag wrestler - I haven't tried pushing him in singles competition yet.

Most companies that don't have a face/heel divide are workrate promotions. Once it becomes more than who is the better athlete you the fans begin to care who is the bad guy and who is the good guy because they need something else to hang on too.

And even most US Indies who focus on workrate have a pretty clear face/heel divide. Early RoH springs to mind... the selling point was clearly the workrate and in a match between say AJ Styles and Low Ki there was no clear face/heel role... but it still had Christopher Daniels and the Prophecy playing the role of heels.

These days I believe Evolve try to act as a workrate fed (keeping win/loss records for example) and while I haven't seen much of their product again I understand they still have faces/heels.

I saw the talk about Des Davids and was wondering if anybody split him from American Machine?

I just had him snap on him after they lost the tag titles to The Deadly Sins stable (Joey Lust(Sexy), Squeeky McClean, The Wrath of Marc Dubois, and John Greed).

I had a few segments where he was caught chatting with Remo and eventually after he turned Remo announced that he was taking him under his wing. I plan for this to eventually lead to a Remo face turn and a huge money making feud down the line. I think with a year or two of being around Remo would do wonders with him if he's fighting top faces like Faith, Angry, Lobby, etc.

I saw the talk about Des Davids and was wondering if anybody split him from American Machine?

I just had him snap on him after they lost the tag titles to The Deadly Sins stable (Joey Lust(Sexy), Squeeky McClean, The Wrath of Marc Dubois, and John Greed).

I had a few segments where he was caught chatting with Remo and eventually after he turned Remo announced that he was taking him under his wing. I plan for this to eventually lead to a Remo face turn and a huge money making feud down the line. I think with a year or two of being around Remo would do wonders with him if he's fighting top faces like Faith, Angry, Lobby, etc.

Des Davids has gotten really good in my game as he is at 82 pop and I"m on the third week of May. He's a full 15 points higher then American Machine in popularity and they are still tag team champions. I'm going to have them drop the titles at Times of Trouble to The Human Chess Team (Lenny Brown and Spensor Spade managed by Monica Rude (Haley Buck)). But I'm doing the opposite of what you're doing as far as turning Des.

I'm going to start to turn American Machine now as he starts getting jealous over the fans love for Davids, clearly getting annoyed as his partner overshadows him and soaks up all the love and attention. At the PPV A.M is going to leave Davids by himself causing them to lose before attacking his partner. I will then have Des destroy American Machine in a short fued, before he finally takes on a more formidable opponent such as Remo and eventually getting a fued with the SWF World Champion Rich Money...

I usually turn face/heel divide on, then act like it is simply because I don't believe openers/enhancement talent should be affected by it, or at least an option for that.

I'm not sure (besides some Ryback opponents) that anybody is just a non-aligned jobber in WWE, but if you wanted to play it in other eras, I certainly think there are.

I guess an option would be nice, any holes in my logic? I do feel like I'm missing something.

I usually turn face/heel divide on, then act like it is simply because I don't believe openers/enhancement talent should be affected by it, or at least an option for that.

I'm not sure (besides some Ryback opponents) that anybody is just a non-aligned jobber in WWE, but if you wanted to play it in other eras, I certainly think there are.

I guess an option would be nice, any holes in my logic? I do feel like I'm missing something.

I see where you are coming from yes. I play with the face/heel divide on in SWF. Although my jobbers may have a face/heel alignment I tend to not care who they face, and many of my squash matches end up being heel/heel and face/face. It's a squash match, it's not going to rate highly anyway, so I don't care about the added penalty really.

However, I did notice one thing. I'm pretty sure that face/face tag team matches a) do not get penalised at all or b)get a very, very small penalty, so all my jobber tag teams are set as face teams for this reason. If I decide I want to push a team then I'll possibly turn them heel.

Do many of you add storylines right from the first day of the game? I ran into the problem of growing to International three cards in right after When Hell Freezes over and then was penalized at the next Supreme TV for not having enough storylines over 65 heat. Seems logical to add something for the tag division, and then get something going with Rich Money who isn't in a storyline to start the game, but was wondering what you all do. Thanks!

Has anyone attempted a GOD push with anyone in TEW'13 quite yet? It's never been in my booking practices to really give someone such a dominating streak but was wondering how it went for those who have? I'm sure it's a great way to get someone HIGH in popularity, creating a 'new star', rather quick but also tends to run the risk of pissing others off/creating a personality monster out of the pushed wrestler.

With such an aging roster, it may not be the worst case scenario this time around though. If you had an overtly talented guy & didn't mine sacrificing a number of your 'bigger names', such an approach may pay-off in the end?

Has anyone attempted a GOD push with anyone in TEW'13 quite yet? It's never been in my booking practices to really give someone such a dominating streak but was wondering how it went for those who have? I'm sure it's a great way to get someone HIGH in popularity, creating a 'new star', rather quick but also tends to run the risk of pissing others off/creating a personality monster out of the pushed wrestler.

With such an aging roster, it may not be the worst case scenario this time around though. If you had an overtly talented guy & didn't mine sacrificing a number of your 'bigger names', such an approach may pay-off in the end?

Depends on what you mean by God Push. If you mean someone who's already at the top that keeps winning? Or someone that's lower on the carder but winnning over guys that are more over than him?

Doesn't God Push usually mean taking someone from the undercard and forcing him up the card?

Goldberg and Lesnar are usually the two god pushes that spring to mind for me.

I'm not sure either really count as God Pushes.

Obviously both were fast-tracked to success and both achieved that success on a remarkably short time-table but neither were simply parachuted into the main event. Goldburg's run was actually quite organic... while he never lost he moved up the card in a natural way, crushing the usual set of jobbers (He must have faced Jerry Flynn four or five times) and then moving up the card. He was 75 wins into his streak when he won the US Title and it was about 10 months from his début when he won the world title (and remember, that's 10 months of winning televised matches twice a week). Fast... but I wouldn't really say a God Push.

Lesnar started a bit faster, being essentially parachuted into the midcard (but even then he first appeared by interrupting matches featuring bottom of the card talent) but in the five months or so between his début and his first real main event feud where he won the title from the Rock he had feuds with the Hardy's and Rob Van Dam. In each case while their careers were accelerated they each went up the card in a fairly natural way. Goldberg especially... if someone playing as the SWF took one of the most talented rookies from a development territory and turned them into a world champion in 10 months I don't think too many observers would think it was particularly out of order.

For me a God Push would have been putting Lesnar or Goldberg straight into matches with main eventers, especially if you have them then win those matches. It's the equivalent of if Lesnar's début had been to attack say The Rock, the next week he beat the Undertaker, the week after that he crushed HHH and then he won the title off the Rock.

A better real life example (although it eventually had the plug pulled on it) would be say The Great Khali... his introduction was destroying the Undertaker, shortly afterwards he beat the then World Champ Rey Mysterio, he beat the Undertaker in their first PPV match and generally crushed everyone in sight. Vladimir Kozlov works as well... he came in, spent about a month crushing jobbers and the odd-midcarder and then moved into the World Title picture.

Within the first few months of my save I'm going to run an angle where a relationship between Des Davids and BJ O'Neill ultimately leads to the team's demise, with the couple turning heel on American Machine. My tentative plan is to have the friction start when a relationship forms, with the team dropping the titles (to Joe Sexy and Squeeky McClean) but getting past it and continuing to team and pursue the titles for a few months.

Eventually, I'm going to have an authority figure (not yet decided on who) force them to compete against each other to determine the number one contender for the North American Championship at the June PPV, with American Machine going over, and then Davids and O'Neill turning heel and costing him the title, perfectly setting the feud up leading into Supreme Challenge.

Have you found success turning people who aren't all that great at the new disposition?

If memory serves me right, people like Faith, Valiant, Remo, Money, etc., don't really play the opposite disposition all that well. I think Valiant & Faith are low 70's in heel (again, from what I can remember).

I guess I'm afraid to turn anyone who doesn't at least have their levels in the 80's but, by doing so, these characters can grow rather stale & become lifeless over time.

So, have you had success in turning these kind of people?

Have you found success turning people who aren't all that great at the new disposition?

If memory serves me right, people like Faith, Valiant, Remo, Money, etc., don't really play the opposite disposition all that well. I think Valiant & Faith are low 70's in heel (again, from what I can remember).

I guess I'm afraid to turn anyone who doesn't at least have their levels in the 80's but, by doing so, these characters can grow rather stale & become lifeless over time.

So, have you had success in turning these kind of people?

it wasn't in SWF, it was in CGC back in the TEW '08 I ran a storyline where Steve DeColt ( who had a crappy heel rating back then) masterminded a kidnapping and several month tormenting plot on his brother Jack, and I successfully turned Steve into quite a good heel. I think it took a couple shows to get his heel heat even with where his face level had been, but yes, it can be done, or at least it could be then.

Archived