The Organic Effverse Mod

Enjoying this mod even more than its incarnation in TEW 2010. Much obliged, i effin rule. I'd totally be up for a variant that started at the beginning of the TV era. Also, if it's not too much trouble, I'd love a pic of a younger member of the Loomis family to use as a User Character in SPW games. (Sorry, Frank Norris.)

http://i.imgur.com/hAiJNZA.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had to step away. Things got extremely crazy with work and personal issues. Last I had heard Eric was going to take it over. I haven't even looked at the place since, I just hate the feeling that I failed everyone.

You haven't failed me. Real life takes over.

Let me know if you start LPW up again and I'll certainly join.

Anyone can roadie for a match, so yes, it's necessary to have someone being the road agent, but no, it's not necessary for there to be specific road agent staff.

To go along with this, hopefully in your game, as wrestler's retire from in ring, they go on to behind the scenes work, and "Presto" roadie's and broadcasters start to spring up as well.

It's a fun process, but.... Sometimes it's easier to just sim some years til' these things are happening so you can really enjoy the "time" slipping by. I do this because I get anxious to see what happens. In 2010 I would actually quit a promotion to sim farther into the future and then get hired again (or try to).

I started playing with this mod for and how i never used it before for older versions is beyond me.As it is a fantastic idea, and fun to get lost in...One odd thing.There is a worker in my save called Emilio Suarez, he is listed in the fed SPW.But his picture shows his unmasked face but it says he has a mask 74% prestige self owned.

Anyhow not a problem i thought i would just go into the editor and change him to have a picture with a mask.....But in the editor i can edit his contract...But in the list of workers he is not listed.Is this a problem with the data or the game...I will post this in the technical section also as i am confused.

p.s. thanks for your time for making this mod it is awesome.

No worries i found his worker listing (with help from Adam) i never realised he was El Espiritu but his picture dont show the mask still.

I started playing with this mod for and how i never used it before for older versions is beyond me.As it is a fantastic idea, and fun to get lost in...One odd thing.There is a worker in my save called Emilio Suarez, he is listed in the fed SPW.But his picture shows his unmasked face but it says he has a mask 74% prestige self owned.

Anyhow not a problem i thought i would just go into the editor and change him to have a picture with a mask.....But in the editor i can edit his contract...But in the list of workers he is not listed.Is this a problem with the data or the game...I will post this in the technical section also as i am confused.

p.s. thanks for your time for making this mod it is awesome.

No worries i found his worker listing (with help from Adam) i never realised he was El Espiritu but his picture dont show the mask still.

El Espiritu is his default character and his default picture has a mask. He should have 2 masked versions of the render in the pictures folder that you can switch to. By default in SPW he is under the character Suarez and should be listed as being without the mask there.

El Espiritu is his default character and his default picture has a mask. He should have 2 masked versions of the render in the pictures folder that you can switch to. By default in SPW he is under the character Suarez and should be listed as being without the mask there.

This is the problem then.In his SPW contract he is set to have his default mask, when he should be set to no mask.

US regional promotions controlled by AI are not very good at expanding in surrounding regions. SPW is stuck at around 48 popularity for 10 years and still isn't willing to focus more on spillover regions.

Unfortunately that was one thing not fixed from TEW '10. Regional companies will only go to cult if they already have enough popularity in the whole country to start with to have PPVs/TV. They will never expand on their own.

I´m having a great time playing this one. I´m currently in July 1926 with SPW (started unemployed, joined PoG when they started and jumped to SPW once Loomis retired and Kuroki became the new owner).

One thing that I noticed was that Frank Norris Promotions have Norris as mandatory owner which means that the promotion usually won´t debut at all since Norris is still likely head booker of SPW when the company should be founded. Not sure if this is intentional because of the company´s name but just though I point it out. :)

I´m having a great time playing this one. I´m currently in July 1926 with SPW (started unemployed, joined PoG when they started and jumped to SPW once Loomis retired and Kuroki became the new owner).

One thing that I noticed was that Frank Norris Promotions have Norris as mandatory owner which means that the promotion usually won´t debut at all since Norris is still likely head booker of SPW when the company should be founded. Not sure if this is intentional because of the company´s name but just though I point it out. :)

It is intentional. It is my ode to Jim Crockett. I do wish the promotion popped up more frequently though. Those who don't mind tampering can always get his contract to end early so the promotion is founded.

I had to get back on these forums just to say thanks for this mod. It's such a fantastic idea.

It's July 1921 and whilst waiting on a second promotion opening up, I've just been alerted to the news that Frank Norris has passed away, having fallen out of a 12th floor window which was "ironic, given his life-long love of gravity"... might have to get on board with SPW now.

I have a quick question though which relates to the mod somewhat. I've never really played c-verse or without real workers, and I thought it could be interesting to mix it up a bit, so I've imported all of the workers from a modern day update to debut when they actually debuted. Now, my question is that say, for example, Verne Gagne debuts during the late 40's, early 50's will he debut as a wrestler or will he instantly be retired due to him being retired in the modern day update?

Secondly, would a company be able to convince him to wrestle, or would this be a job for the editor?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks again!

I have a quick question though which relates to the mod somewhat. I've never really played c-verse or without real workers, and I thought it could be interesting to mix it up a bit, so I've imported all of the workers from a modern day update to debut when they actually debuted. Now, my question is that say, for example, Verne Gagne debuts during the late 40's, early 50's will he debut as a wrestler or will he instantly be retired due to him being retired in the modern day update?

Secondly, would a company be able to convince him to wrestle, or would this be a job for the editor?

If I may add a question as well, how would a modder scale the stats for a debuting worker?

What I mean is, taking into account what levels a wrestler will peak at, what percentage of those levels do you assign to the debuting version of that wrestler. For instance, if I import Ric Flair, then set him to debut in 1972, what values would I use for work / psychology / promos so that he peaks and maxes out ten years later?

I will likely be releasing an update to this soon, just to fix a few issues.

I had to get back on these forums just to say thanks for this mod. It's such a fantastic idea.

It's July 1921 and whilst waiting on a second promotion opening up, I've just been alerted to the news that Frank Norris has passed away, having fallen out of a 12th floor window which was "ironic, given his life-long love of gravity"... might have to get on board with SPW now.

If they are set to "retired" or "dead" or anything in the database, that is how they would debut I would imagine.

If I may add a question as well, how would a modder scale the stats for a debuting worker?

What I mean is, taking into account what levels a wrestler will peak at, what percentage of those levels do you assign to the debuting version of that wrestler. For instance, if I import Ric Flair, then set him to debut in 1972, what values would I use for work / psychology / promos so that he peaks and maxes out ten years later?

Can't really help you here, To be honest, it would be pretty hard to try to nail down in that specific time frame I would think.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I know this is probably asking a lot but the link for the download of this mod on the first page can no longer find the file. Does anyone have a copy of this?

I should have a copy somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and upload it.

New link! As a heads up, this also includes all the pictures from Effverse: Not Ready for Prime Time mod. So there will be some promotion logos and people pics that are included but not in the base game.

Boom!

Archived