The Organic Effverse Mod

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<p>Thanks for this. I've actually simmed to 1952 so far while I did a bunch of other chores. Currently there are 18 promotion active and all except for 1 are Regional, the other is small. In 1951 CFW was cult but it looks like they fell to regional again.</p><p> </p><p>

Other Info:</p><p>

- The top 3 promotions are: Full Force Assault; Joshi Japan Championship; Kinki Puroresu.</p><p>

- United Women's Wrestling lost a war with another promotion and sat at 0 popularity from 1943 to 1948 running 0 shows in that period. Apparently there were not enough workers of the correct style for them to hire and thus they didn't have enough workers for shows.</p><p>

- 57 year old El Espiritu won wrestler of the year 14 times.</p><p>

- No one in the hall of immortals yet.</p><p>

- 33 deaths since the start of the game (medium freq).</p><p>

- 2629 workers generated according to the news section with new worker frequency set to high.</p><p>

- 898 new relationships generated. 12 engagements, 1 divorce, I didn't actually see the marriage story.</p><p>

- It's taking about 20 min to process a full year now.</p>

Any issues people have found? Any changes I should look into making?

I've thought about doing a version that starts with TV and PPV available from the start or with the date pushed back to such a time.

I'm going to try this one now. Never did it in the earlier versions though this is exactyl my cup of tea...being a 0/0/0/0 fedder from back in the EWR days. I even never tried playing a bigger fed before.

I´m really loving this mod, great work!

I started a game as unemployed and applied for PoG head booker position when they opened. It´s only October 1922 so I haven´t played long yet. No real issues so far but here´s few odd things that I found:

-SPW doesn´t hire more than 12 workers even when they go up on size. This is something that was in 2010 version too though. I guess it´s that very small roster size that causes that.

- SPW didn´t hire any canadian workers despite them being available and even though there weren´t any unemployed American workers. I doubt there´s much that can be do with this just though of pointing it out.

- PoG has women title despite not having women division.

Enjoying this mod even more than its incarnation in TEW 2010. Much obliged, i effin rule. I'd totally be up for a variant that started at the beginning of the TV era. Also, if it's not too much trouble, I'd love a pic of a younger member of the Loomis family to use as a User Character in SPW games. (Sorry, Frank Norris.)

I am up to 1936 with 11 active promotions, but no one has ran a single show yet. Is that normal?

check to see how many active workers are around the promotions area's, and also if they have owners yet (sometimes takes a while for a promotion to get an owner). I play this mod on the highest setting for new workers, til' I get a few thousand workers, then I tone it down.

I've been having a blast playing around with this, I simmed up to 1940 and picked up the book in UWA, I went through a full year of shows and it has been a great experience, altough extremely challenging, because of the lack of good workers and SPW's competition to get those few (since they are bigger).

Great job with the mod i effin rule!

Any issues people have found? Any changes I should look into making?

I've thought about doing a version that starts with TV and PPV available from the start or with the date pushed back to such a time.

I don't know if this is a common issue, but I played to 1970 so far with no promotion rising above regional. Only one promotion has ever had a TV show.

I think perhaps you need to make some more tiny TV stations that will be willing to deal with less popular promotions, since I see TV as how promotions can take their popularity to the next level.

Also, I think all the single-area TV networks (e.g scotland public access, tri-state public access) are superfluous. They serve no purpose.

Other than that, great mod. Have really enjoyed playing it. That's why I've simmed 50 years, so far! Looking forward to seeing what the next 50 bring!

• 2 weeks later...
I´m really loving this mod, great work!

I started a game as unemployed and applied for PoG head booker position when they opened. It´s only October 1922 so I haven´t played long yet. No real issues so far but here´s few odd things that I found:

-SPW doesn´t hire more than 12 workers even when they go up on size. This is something that was in 2010 version too though. I guess it´s that very small roster size that causes that.

- SPW didn´t hire any canadian workers despite them being available and even though there weren´t any unemployed American workers. I doubt there´s much that can be do with this just though of pointing it out.

- PoG has women title despite not having women division.

The Canadian thing is likely due to financial issues with the travel expenses and all. Just a guess though.

As for the women's title, I think I just went through and made them for everyone promotions when I started, as a just in case. If I recall correctly, in earlier versions of the game, the promotion wouldn't automatically create a women's title, so there was always a division without a title.

Enjoying this mod even more than its incarnation in TEW 2010. Much obliged, i effin rule. I'd totally be up for a variant that started at the beginning of the TV era. Also, if it's not too much trouble, I'd love a pic of a younger member of the Loomis family to use as a User Character in SPW games. (Sorry, Frank Norris.)

I'll see if I can find the original file and do one up.

I don't know if this is a common issue, but I played to 1970 so far with no promotion rising above regional. Only one promotion has ever had a TV show.

I think perhaps you need to make some more tiny TV stations that will be willing to deal with less popular promotions, since I see TV as how promotions can take their popularity to the next level.

Also, I think all the single-area TV networks (e.g scotland public access, tri-state public access) are superfluous. They serve no purpose.

Other than that, great mod. Have really enjoyed playing it. That's why I've simmed 50 years, so far! Looking forward to seeing what the next 50 bring!

I understand the issues with the TV stuff. What I was going for, and it seems to be working, is similar to how things unfolded in the real world. For the most part, up until cable television, you were only watching regional promotions on a regional channel. It may have been on NBC or CBS or whatever, but it was during a local time slot. This ties into the the "public access" stations. They are meant to represent that "local" tv.

How I envisioned it working was once you were able to land that public access show, you could branch out more to surrounding regions since your pop would be going to where you had the TV show anyhow. Expanding your area along with spillover would mean you could potentially land a PA spot in one of the surrounding regions, allowing you to expand further.

----------------------

Now onto other things. I'm still around, just been busy and trying to wrap my head around how to do the "TV" version of the mod. I'm happy to say that I've finally figured some of it out.

It will definitely be in line with this universe, so SPW and other promotions will still have existed and those first 9 wrestlers will still have been around. But there will be a nice little story that will help explain things.

A few notes:

It will likely start with one promotions and spread, similarly to this one. But the spread is likely to be much faster.

Starting promotion will have nearly full roster from the start.

Starting promotion will be in the US.

Starting promotion will be at Regional or Cult at start.

Starting promotion will have a television deal and may be owned by a network or media group.

It will be pretty much an entirely new database built from the ground up.

Archived