• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week 1

January 2013

NEWS

RESULTS

MONDAY

SOTBPW Television @ Parque Miguel Miscosa, South Eastern Mexico, 14,151 in attendance.

Main Event: Xtinction def. Ultimate Phoenix, B+. Show Grade B

OLLIE Kings Of Wrestling @ Plaza La Esperanza, West Central Mexico, 4.483 in attendance.

Main Event: Silver Tiger def. Phoenix I to retain Campeon De Universal OLLIE title, C+. Show Grade C+

CZCW Revolution @ Grissom Auditorium, South West. 2,000 in attendance.

Main Event: Mikey James def. Remmy Skye to retain Coastal Zone Championship title, C+. Show Grade: C

TUESDAY:

Main Event: The Syndicate def. Rocky Golden & Koshiro Ino, B. Show Grade: B-

Main Event: Remo def. Angry Gilmore, B. Show Grade: B

AAA Pretty Amazing @ Washington State Gymnasium, North West. 1,931 in attendance.

Main Event: Sara Marie York def. Nadia Snow to retain Femme Fatale title, C-. Show Grade: C-

BCG Genesis Tour (Tue) @ Doshisha Athletic Center, Kinki. 877 in attendance

Main Event: Junnosuke Fukazawa def. Naonobu Murkami, D-. Show Grade: D

WEDNESDAY:

Main Event: Nicky Champion def. Jumbo Jackson to retain USPW World title, B. Show Grade: B-

Main Event: Sean McFly def. Johnny Bloodstone & R. K Hayes to retain Canadian title, A. Show grade: B+

BCG Genesis Tour (Wed) @ Toyama Hall, Chubu. 913 in attendance.

Main Event: Pistol Pete Hall def. Masayuki Shiga, D-. Show Grade: D

5SSW On The Edge Tour (Wed) @ Doshisha Athletic Center, Kinki. 1,000 in attendance.

Main Event: Huntress Makiko def. HEART Saitoh, D+. Show Grade: D+

THURSDAY:

Main Event: Hiroshi Morisue def. Munemitsu Senmatsu to retain Warrior's Heart title, C. Show Grade: C

21CW Best of British Wrestling @ Leamington Spa Arena, Central England. 7,291 in attendance.

Main Event: Kevin Jones def. Harry Wilson, C. Show Grade: C

VWA Black And White @ Bremen Hall, Central Europe, 300 in attendance.

Main Event: Sebastian Koller def. Cub Balowicz to retain European title, D. Show Grade: D

FRIDAY:

SOTBPW Lucha Libre @ Plaza Monumental, West Central Mexico, 12,319 in attendance.

Main Event: Mayan Idol def. El Leon, B+. Show Grade: B+

RAW Attitude @ Sportsman's Range, New Zealand, 2,000 in attendance.

Main Event: Montgomery Croft def. Frogue Element to retain Television title, C-. Show Grade: C

MPWF Explosion @ Parque la Junta, Northern Mexico, 5,000 in attendance.

Main Event: Genio Verde and Magnifico def. Heroic and Superfly, C-. Show Grade: C

GCG Battle Into The City @ Kyoto Arena, Kinki, 2,000 in attendance.

Main Event: Toshiharu Hyobanshi def. Kiminobu Kuroki to retain World Heavyweight title, B. Show Grade: B-

SATURDAY:

BCG The Champion Attack 2013 @ Muroran Hall, Hokkaido, 208 in attendance.

Main Event: Fukazawa & Funakoshi def. Shiga & Torii, C-. Show Grade: C-

DIW Living In Hell 2013: Marv's Sports Central, Eastern Australia, 126 in attendance.

Main Event: Dumfrey Pinn def. The Comedian to retain Championship title, D+. Show Grade: D

SUNDAY:

Main Event: Alex DeColt def. Trent Shaffer to retain World title, B-. Show Grade: B-

Personally I was a little bummed to see such my rivals making such big movements into the women's ranks. While I had no plans to launch a women's division, I do enjoy a character-based show, and women add a fun variety of characters. Plus, there are some talented girls out there, who I hoped would remain free and available in case I wanted to go in that direction. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that my opponents also saw the positives to using women.

I don't think Wallbanger has quite the monopoly of North American when it comes to the women, however. Alliance or not, a PPA is just a PPA, and many of the old favourites of the C-verse are just that; Old.

So, what did all the other members make of Wallbanger essentially stringing up the entire women's talent pool in North America for himself on day one?

It certainly must have put foolinc on the back foot somewhat.

I'm not really that concerned and was really into the idea of joining the alliance at the beginning (in fact the argument that Strong and Sneer had week 1 was initially about joining the alliance until I decided not to join).

USPW only has so much TV and is a popularity based company. I already have the most over women in the US and they are pretty damn good wrestlers to boot. I really just need a couple more women to develop in the coming months.

Honestly, the alliance doesn't do anything other that give the AI companies a vehicle to trade with each other. Now, let's say that TCW and USPW both joined the alliance; a side benefit to being able to trade with each other and any of the other members is that they couldn't hurt each other in their current National Battle. They're not being constrained at all, really; they're #2 and #3 in the game; if they want to hire for their women's division, they're going to.

I wanted to build the alliance as an alternative to pillaging AAA and QAW. I was lobbying behind the scenes pretty strongly to get Blake and foolinc to join for that same reason; Blake, of course, had to hire some women for his initial division, but that necessarily created opportunities for other women to step into larger roles.

I just want more women working and developing instead of being an afterthought in this iteration of the Cornellverse, and the alliance was an attempt to do that. It's not working out quite the way I had hoped it would, but it is also not hurting anyone.

Self, if you create a women's division and use them in an in-ring capacity, apply for membership in the alliance and I'll approve you. And since the game doesn't artificially limit the alliance to trading women, it can also be a de facto working agreement between us.

FIN, BHOTWG's shows will always be on the Monday... I know they technically aren't results but the results of my touring events will be included in them so it would probably be best to add links to my shows in there for people to find what I'm writing, otherwise I'm not sure what you're going to link to except my PPV events. :)

So, what did all the other members make of Wallbanger essentially stringing up the entire women's talent pool in North America for himself on day one?

It certainly must have put foolinc on the back foot somewhat.

Those that I didn't steal, anyway. :p

I wanted to build the alliance as an alternative to pillaging AAA and QAW. I was lobbying behind the scenes pretty strongly to get Blake and foolinc to join for that same reason; Blake, of course, had to hire some women for his initial division, but that necessarily created opportunities for other women to step into larger roles.

*Her, but yes, I was going to join the alliance, then wavered a bit, and now am sort've flirting with the prospect. xD.

Basically it's wound up being a bit of a pillage job but I guess it'll put more workers in circulation for AAA and QAW to have had some of their rosters lifted away to bigger things, and I already have some pretty fun ideas for my division. ...Which won't bear fruit immediately, I have no intention of just introducing the division right off the bat.

Loving the intrigue, guys! Hell of a lot better than Ryu Kajahara spamming Tommy Cornell's inbox >_______________________>

Who does everything think will be the first to hit International?

Me. >_______________________>

In all seriousness, I'd say either Astil (SWF), Blake Trask (TCW) or Derek_B (Burning Hammer of the Lariat Gods...wait, it's Wrestling, not Lariat.):p

I'd be stunned if it's not SWF. Just looking at how they're set up at the beginning of the game, and working under the assumption that Astil isn't going to completely tank them, it looks likely to me. SWF have a formidable setup. Television negotiations in February will be interesting. Who will make those strides to expand out of their area?

A Women's division isn't part of my plans. Not for the first few months at least. Just sad to see that potential door (sort of) close. I stand by my 'old' comment. The Grace Harpers of the world are in their late 30's now. I wouldn't trust them as long-term commitments. Unless being hired by a big company in TEW13 helps stave off retirement.

A Women's division isn't part of my plans. Not for the first few months at least. Just sad to see that potential door (sort of) close. I stand by my 'old' comment. The Grace Harpers of the world are in their late 30's now. I wouldn't trust them as long-term commitments. Unless being hired by a big company in TEW13 helps stave off retirement.

It might stave off retirement, but it won't stave off decline, and if they are 45 and older, possible relevance decline. If a Worker is hit with Physical Decline, that generally hastens their decision to retire.

Yeah, SWF seem destined to hit International first unless they somehow fall to Cult. Even then, they're likely to bounce back up to Cult before anyone else is close enough to get there anyways, so I'd put my money on the SWF. :)

BHOTWG (Burning Lariat of The Lariat Gods) actually do have a PPV deal across USA/Canada now thanks to a deal inked with Public Access Select. I've got no TV to support it though, so Burning Hammer are probably a lifetime away from ever growing beyond National. Which suits me fine, I'm going to rule Japan forever more and if my prestige holds up, I'm going to pillage the ever loving awesomeness out of North America any time a big name has their contract come up. I'd love to get Steve Frehley or Remo, they'd be a lot of fun to have. :D

Archived