Negative Dirt Sheet/Road Agent Report Feedback And What It Means

Here's a few things I do to avoid some of the problems noted in the original post. I hope this helps:

1) I always put the top belt on one of the top two (three or four if it's a National sized promotion or above) wrestlers with the best performance skills. What this does is enable me to have consistent high quality main events as I believe in a fighting champion. I'll give you an example that I've used. I'm a huge fan of Genadi's mods set in the Monday Night Wars, particularly the 2000 mod. What I do is put the WCW World Heavyweight Championship on Ric Flair (especially over Sid Vicious, that starting champion). I have him feud with the top person on the other side of the babyface/heel divide, and then to build up the younger future champions such as Booker T, I pit the up and comer (Booker T in this case) against Sting.

2) Development is your friend if you're at Cult status or above. Remember, if you're at that size, you can create your own developmental territory if you have the capital (money) available. The key thing to remember is to look to see who on your roster is getting up there in age, is well respected, and has good performance skills and send them to developmental with the specification set to "Train People." Again, using the WCW 2000 mod, Dave Finlay works perfectly! Also, "B Shows" work well for this. They don't effect your overall popularity, so you can experiment and use it as an "in between" for the main roster and development.

3) This ties into number 2. When you sign someone for developmental territory, look for people who already have decent performance skills, especially if at least 50% of your show is wrestling. I personally look for people who have minimums of 50 in psychology, charisma, and star quality. I also tend to have them in there for a couple of months, but if you're making money hand over fist, giving them a $5000 bonus when you call them up usually shuts them up and changes their opinion from "Irritated" to "Pleased." On a side note, this also helps locker room morale. Even if the person is happy and perky normally, if they're irritated, it still negatively impacts the locker room, which affects matches.

4) This is just my style (60% matches for TV, 80% for events), but I purposefully push the guys who have great performance skills to the top of the card. That way the lower midcard guys can stink the joint up (and eventually get released), but the midcarders and above can save the show. I also have my own formula, and low ratings guys in the upper midcard (e.g. Tank Abbot) slide down the card as time progresses, whereas high skill guys in the lower midcard rise to the top (e.g. Jamie-san. Though I change his name and his gimmick and stick a manager with him until he can do well in interviews by himself).

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great points AlaricRose: This is exactly how I sign people in my current dynasty game (where I've had a few people ask 'why are your grades so high?')

I prioritise psychology and basics over everything. It might be a holdover from being a wrestler for 10 years, but the only guys that ever had decent matches were the ones that could work a match using only one hold each - an old training drill I used to run - which meant whatever happened in their match they had the crowd invested even subtly in the match because it's so much more believable. This is even more apparent in TEW where in my aforementioned game, even though I'm sports entertainment, the matches always flow well.

Referring to proper match lengths, if you have a tag team of main eventers going up against a team of midcarders, is that consider a major match, or a medium match?

I thought of this question today because I did a handicap match between Ricky Dale Johnson (ME) vs The Machines (Anderson is UM, Hill is M). I treated it like a major match, and I got penalized for match length. So I'm guessing I should have treated it like a medium match.

It takes the two highest pushes into consideration, so it'd be a major match because there are two main eventers. You don't get penalised for a match going too long (not with that note, anyway). So I'm guessing you misread the match times and it wasn't quite long enough or something.

Referring to proper match lengths, if you have a tag team of main eventers going up against a team of midcarders, is that consider a major match, or a medium match?

I thought of this question today because I did a handicap match between Ricky Dale Johnson (ME) vs The Machines (Anderson is UM, Hill is M). I treated it like a major match, and I got penalized for match length. So I'm guessing I should have treated it like a medium match.

Should be major as there's an upper midcarder and a main eventer in it. Can you remember what the note actually said - just 'penalised for length' or something to do with psychology or stamina?

Penalized for length, and trust me I had the right length too. I've been super cautious about those things after I messed up one main event before lol.

Maybe it's because John Anderson is right on the brink of Midcarder & Upper Midcarder. He's been switching back and forth. But auto push definitely set him as Upper Midcarder prior to the show.

What is it mean if a match is penalised for chemistry, with the note "overwhelmed by manager"?

I got that when I made Tracy Brendon the manager of her husband, Joshua Taylor, thinking that it would possibly give Taylor a boost.

I wondered what it meant too. I took it that it meant that Brendon is so much more charismatic than Taylor that it actually makes the crowd overlook Taylor.

What is it mean if a match is penalised for chemistry, with the note "overwhelmed by manager"?

I got that when I made Tracy Brendon the manager of her husband, Joshua Taylor, thinking that it would possibly give Taylor a boost.

I wondered what it meant too. I took it that it meant that Brendon is so much more charismatic than Taylor that it actually makes the crowd overlook Taylor.

It means that the worker in question doesn't do well any time they have a manager. Basically, they end up letting their manager do more of the work and don't shine themselves, causing a penalty on any segment the worker is in.

Thank you SOOO much for posting this, Jaded.

I'm a long time player, myself, but I've never given the game the "full test" or even came close to figuring out what everything was supposed to mean.

This thread should be stickied, for sure, but until then, I'll just subscribe to it. :D

Again, thank you very much for the extremely useful information!

One point that I forgot to make earlier. From my experience with TEW 2010 and TEW 2013, if you run a company with a Cult rating of High or above, it doesn't matter if your performance skills are high if your highest "top line" skill is at a 50. They can have high psychology, but if their move set is limited, it seems that the crowd still craps on them.

• 9 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sitebender" data-cite="sitebender" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35149" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So with penalties for workers. Does that penalize their popularity or momentum? Is that compatible to the bonuses that they get in match for things like charisma? Will a worker with 3 penalties and 2 bonuses still continuously go down in popularity without losing?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The majority of them only penalise the segment ratings.</p><p> </p><p> The only penalties I can think of off-hand that affect a worker's momentum/popularity directly are 'overused' penalties and poor gimmick ratings.</p>

<p>This is an incredible thread-- big thanks to all of those who have contributed. I actually searched all of the threads looking for an answer to the following question, and didn't find it, but this is certainly the place for it...</p><p> </p><p>

A note my shows have been getting for the last 2 months or so is-- "the match was penalized for being performed in front of a burned out crowd."</p><p> </p><p>

My obvious first thought on this was using the ALL OUT MATCH note too much, so I booked a show without using it at all and still got it by my main and semi-main events! I've even assigned the WORK THE CROWD note to several matches to no ado. This as you can imagine is frustrating and killing my show ratings.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm in a real-world scenario running national promotion that is a distant #2 to WWE. My main eventers have POPS of 70-80 down to midcarders of POPS 50-60. I'm a wrestling based promotion so I run few angles and focus on good matches with very skilled workers. Primarily booking midcarders and above on shows I get early match ratings near 80 & my crowd usually peaks midway with an 86-90 rated match between two upper midcarders. By main event, the crowd is gassed and I get a 80-83 rated match which results in a similar show rating-- barely above my popularity.</p><p> </p><p>

So, is it not possible to book a high quality card all the way through and peak at your main event? Do you have to throw a couple of "stinkers" on the card?</p><p> </p><p>

Best all, thanks!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="lordprimeau25" data-cite="lordprimeau25" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35149" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This is an incredible thread-- big thanks to all of those who have contributed. I actually searched all of the threads looking for an answer to the following question, and didn't find it, but this is certainly the place for it...<p> </p><p> A note my shows have been getting for the last 2 months or so is-- "the match was penalized for being performed in front of a burned out crowd."</p><p> </p><p> My obvious first thought on this was using the ALL OUT MATCH note too much, so I booked a show without using it at all and still got it by my main and semi-main events! I've even assigned the WORK THE CROWD note to several matches to no ado. This as you can imagine is frustrating and killing my show ratings.</p><p> </p><p> I'm in a real-world scenario running national promotion that is a distant #2 to WWE. My main eventers have POPS of 70-80 down to midcarders of POPS 50-60. I'm a wrestling based promotion so I run few angles and focus on good matches with very skilled workers. Primarily booking midcarders and above on shows I get early match ratings near 80 & my crowd usually peaks midway with an 86-90 rated match between two upper midcarders. By main event, the crowd is gassed and I get a 80-83 rated match which results in a similar show rating-- barely above my popularity.</p><p> </p><p> So, is it not possible to book a high quality card all the way through and peak at your main event? Do you have to throw a couple of "stinkers" on the card?</p><p> </p><p> Best all, thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In short, yeah, you need to have matches/segments that cool the crowd before your big matches (semi-main and ME). This is just another reason I play with PST (Perfect Show Theory) turned off. I like to book from worst -> best with angles breaking it up every 2-3 segments. I have yet to figure out PST for a pop = perf product so I leave it off.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tterrag" data-cite="Tterrag" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35149" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What does it mean if a match is penalised for chemistry, with the note "overwhelmed by manager"?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Derek B" data-cite="Derek B" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35149" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It means that the worker in question doesn't do well any time they have a manager. Basically, they end up letting their manager do more of the work and don't shine themselves, causing a penalty on any segment the worker is in.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I just got a note similar to that but slightly different Worker X was penalised for Chemistry (faded due to manager)</p><p> </p><p> Im not sure what to make of that note as it appears to be double negative.</p>

• 4 weeks later...
If you get the penalty for "content risk being low" is there something you can change in the product screen to make the fans probably more ok with the current product, or do I really have to go in and clone all the matches that have a very low content risk and change it? Because I really think people should be ok with me just running regular matches most of the time... I'm not a hardcore promotion or anything. The match intensity that they want is already 40%.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="plannine" data-cite="plannine" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35149" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you get the penalty for "content risk being low" is there something you can change in the product screen to make the fans probably more ok with the current product, or do I really have to go in and clone all the matches that have a very low content risk and change it? Because I really think people should be ok with me just running regular matches most of the time... I'm not a hardcore promotion or anything. The match intensity that they want is already 40%.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends what your product is, but if Daredevil is at Medium try dropping it to Low. That normally "fixes" that issue, but there may be other product settings need tweaking depending on what your other settings are.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Thanks! I went into the product menu and changed a couple things. I had to change daredevil to low and bump mainstream up one level in order to get the intensity back down to 20% and for the fans to not complain about content risk being low. I think I had to change one more thing (Cult, I think it was) down one notch. But I got it figured out.</p><p> </p><p>

I have one more question about another negative dirt-sheet report I've been receiving. I keep getting "segment rating was penalized for length" in matches that feature occasional wrestlers. I figured they would be considered lower than a midcarder, so I thought a 1 on 1 match featuring an occasional wrestler would be a minor match, but I always get penalized for segment length for setting those particular match lengths to 5 minutes (which is my company's setting for minor matches). Even did a match between two occasional wrestlers on one of my shows and booked it for my standard minor match length and it was penalized for length. So how are occasional wrestlers supposed to be booked.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, every time I run a 5 minute match (which is what my fans expect for a minor match) it says "In an extremely short match..." in the report. That's a little confusing to me. Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="plannine" data-cite="plannine" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35149" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, every time I run a 5 minute match (which is what my fans expect for a minor match) it says "In an extremely short match..." in the report. That's a little confusing to me. Any more help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Even if the fans expect a minor match to be 5 minutes, that isn't enough time to have a proper match, and as a result the rating will suffer.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pantaloons" data-cite="pantaloons" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35149" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Even if the fans expect a minor match to be 5 minutes, that isn't enough time to have a proper match, and as a result the rating will suffer.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The rating wont really suffer, I've had B+ squashes go under a minute, it's just the match description.</p><p> </p><p> 5 minutes is pretty short no matter what company it is</p>

Alright. I guess I'll figure that one out eventually. But can anyone tell me how an occasional wrestler is supposed to be booked? Would they count as below or above midcard? I have no idea whether to book a medium, minor, or major match if it's an occasional wrestler and one other worker.

Archived