Tag Team Suggestions / Naming Thread

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rocky Maivia & Ahmed Johnson - Rocky Mountain Mountatins RMM for short or The Black Supremecy.

Smash & Crush could now be called Reinvigorated, why would you want to change who they are through, they are awesome as Demolition.

I want to un-Demolition Barry Darsow (Smash) and Brian Adams (Crush) and make then unpainted and a little less gimmicky... need a new team name. Any ideas?

How about the "Wrecking Crew". It's been used many times but Adams did use it with the Grappler earlier in his career. Or "The Demolition Crew".

WWF 1984 (yeah I know it's gotten waaaaaay un-historical) but I have a mid/upper mid card stable forming featuring:

Jim Cornette (manager) - The Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts) - Tully Blanchard & The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey) & Stan Lane...I don't want to use "Camp Cornette" or the "Cornette Dynasty"...

How about something with Confederacy in it...like "Cornette Confederacy" or "The Fabulous Confederacy"

WCW 2001 (Genadi)

I plan on putting the following workers into a stable together:

Scott Steiner

Ric Flair

Jeff Jarrett

Shane Douglas

It just so happens, they're all 'blonde' so was trying to think of a name for them that would catch on.

Plan on using the stable to get some younger talent over.

I wouldn't use "blonde" in the name. Now "platinum"... That might work. I don't know what wouldn't be cheesy, 1980s-94 WWF (Platinum Pals, for example) but maybe someone else can come up with something bad ass that screams prestige, something reminiscent of the Main Event Mafia.

---------------------------------------

I need a team name for Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko in 1991, managed by JJ Dillon in the WWF. Dillon is trying to put together a talented face stable because "the fans don't just want entertainers, they want entertaining wrestlers!" I thought about using The Ring Generals, but... I hate it.

Any ideas?

WCW 2001 (Genadi)...I plan on putting the following workers into a stable together:

Scott Steiner

Ric Flair

Jeff Jarrett

Shane Douglas

It just so happens, they're all 'blonde' so was trying to think of a name for them that would catch on. Plan on using the stable to get some younger talent over.

I'm not sure this would work since you're using them to get others over but how about the "House of Gold" for the gold locks and maybe if a belt or two comes into play. If you have the payroll, throw a few pieces of eye candy in and call them "Golden Girls" or the "Gold Diggers".

....I need a team name for Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko in 1991, managed by JJ Dillon in the WWF. Dillon is trying to put together a talented face stable because "the fans don't just want entertainers, they want entertaining wrestlers!" I thought about using The Ring Generals, but... I hate it. Any ideas?

How about "Double Damage" their finisher could be "The Diving Gutbuster". Benoit's diving headbutt w/ Malenko's gutbuster. It's a slight play on the Triple Threat stable they were in.

Norman Smiley & Crowbar/Devon Storm in WCW 2001. Norman Smiley is a technical wrestler with a fear of hardcore action and a tendency to bust out the big wiggle, and Crowbar is a lunatic. The two feuded over the superfluous WCW Hardcore Championship in a manner similar to Hell No, before teaming up as a comedy tag team. Just can't find a name to suit them, with Screaming Lunatics being the best I could come up with.

Norman Smiley & Crowbar/Devon Storm in WCW 2001. Norman Smiley is a technical wrestler with a fear of hardcore action and a tendency to bust out the big wiggle, and Crowbar is a lunatic. The two feuded over the superfluous WCW Hardcore Championship in a manner similar to Hell No, before teaming up as a comedy tag team. Just can't find a name to suit them, with Screaming Lunatics being the best I could come up with.

Hardcore Wiggle

Hardcore Wiggle

While I do hate the "take one adjective from each wrestler and throw them together" naming strategy...

That's absolutely perfect. To the point that I may have to use it for another team. No reason, other than just so I can see it every time I look at my teams list.

Wanted to share a few names I gave to a few custom tag teams I put together in my TNA playthrough:

Joey Ryan and Zema Ion: Young & Sleazy

Would be more appropriate if Eric Young was in the team instead of Zema Ion, but meh. I think it could work.

Spud & Axel (Rockstar Spud & Axel Dieter Jr.): The Goon Squad

Named these comedic heels after a famous phrase in an infamous Ken Patera promo.

Bret Hart, Blade Hart, Mike Hart, Jade Hart, Harry Smith: The New Foundation (Stable)

If Mike and Jade weren't so annoyed at being "stuck in development", this stable would be a lot less "busy".

Anyone have any ideas for naming any of these teams?

The Big Show and Tensai

In Smackdown: HCTP I typically would stable up with with Show and Tensai (then known as A-Train) and the name I would usually use for the partnership out of the list that WWE gave me to choose from was Dangerous By Design. So that's probably would I'd call them if this were my game.

John Morrison and Chris Jericho

Given that Jericho is a real life rock star and Morrison typically being given such a gimmick, I'd say the obvious choice would be some kind of name containing the word 'rock'. Make them sort of like Michaels/Jannetty.

The Rock Stars

Hard Rock

Rock 'n' Rolla

etc

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Maryse & Gail Kim (Heel)</p><p> Mickie James & Ms. Tessmacher (Face)</p><p> Jeff Jarrett, Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe (Face)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maryse & Gail Kim <strong>Perfection</strong></p><p> </p><p> James & Tessmacher <strong>TMB(Two Mean B*tches) or 2MB</strong> (also just have to say I picture them being the female Beer Money for some reason)</p><p> </p><p> Jarret and the Briscoe's <strong>Tennessee Rebels</strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="XxFutureLegend112xX" data-cite="XxFutureLegend112xX" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Maryse & Gail Kim (Heel)</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Franc-Ontario Connection</p><p> </p><p> -or-</p><p> </p><p> Northern Heat</p>

Not a tag team but I don't see a Stable naming thread.

Basically I'm NYCW and have a three man heel group of:

Matthew Keith (NYCW Empire Champion)

Nelson Callum

Honest Frank (Mentor/Spokesperson)

They are in a feud with Shark Cage & Bulldozer Brandon Smith that is leading to a match at Gang Wars between the six.

Their story is that Matthew Keith debuted in NYCW claiming to be the guy that could take NYCW to the next level. This led to a Empire title match where Honest Frank who has been talking down on the current age of NYCW wrestlers, helped Matthew Keith win the belt. He feels much like Keith that Roger Cage isn't The Man in NYCW, and Keith is the only current NYCW wrestler worth anything.

This is eventually merged with a storyline between Tri-State Regional Champion, Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Nelson Callum. Callum was upstaged in the finals of my KONY tournament by Bulldozer Brandon Smith and doesn't like the attention Brandon Smith is receiving from it. So during Brandon Smith's Empire Title shot against Keith, that he earned by winning the title, Callum attacked aligning with Keith and Frank.

So that's the backstory, any ideas on a name?

Not a tag team but I don't see a Stable naming thread...Matthew Keith (NYCW Empire Champion), Nelson Callum ,Honest Frank (Mentor/Spokesperson)...So that's the backstory, any ideas on a name?[/center]

I thought about "First Class" or "High Class" but those didn't sound pompous enough to me, how about "True Class" or "The Elite Class".

I'm playing a TNA from the beginning game and I really, REALLY hate the name Team Canada, but I'm using a similar stable(even including the majority of the members), but I can't think of an alternate name. Right now I'm hovering on Maple Leaf Mafia, but that almost sounds comical and they're meant to be a legit threat.

Right now I'm hovering on Maple Leaf Mafia, but that almost sounds comical and they're meant to be a legit threat.

TNA had "Main Event Mafia" as a legit threat, so I don't see this being any kind of worse... it would be very much in their spirit. Maybe have them led by a cocky mouthpiece who can spin it right. Someone Jericho-ish, Edge-ish or Christian-ish.

Archived