Tag Team Suggestions / Naming Thread

Anyone got any ideas for a tag team of Jay Chord and Matthew Keith?

Trying to use the fact that they are both sons of wrestling legends. I can't get Legacy out of my mind but obviously don't want to just copy that.

How about 2.0? The idea being that their father's were Version 1.0, and this is Version 2.0. There are plenty of promo ideas here. They can even say they are better than their fathers, their father's being prototypes while they are the finished, perfect product.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone got any ideas for a tag team of Jay Chord and Matthew Keith?

Trying to use the fact that they are both sons of wrestling legends. I can't get Legacy out of my mind but obviously don't want to just copy that.

I make a whole stable of them usually, Jay, Matt, Greg, Casey, Cameron and now even George Wolfe managed by Lisa Bowen and call them The Second Sons of Wrestling. I know technically it makes no sense since we don't know it they have nay older siblings but the alliteration of Second Sons rolls riht off the tongue.

If they are cocky heels, you could go for something that omits the image of being full of themselves and better than they are such as Modern Day Legends or if you want to play on the generation thing you could have something like Advanced Greatness, this could be that 'greatness' has been passed onto them, or that they have even surpassed it. It's tricky to not be too obvious with this one though and use things like Next Gen Superstars etc. :)

How about 2.0? The idea being that their father's were Version 1.0, and this is Version 2.0. There are plenty of promo ideas here. They can even say they are better than their fathers, their father's being prototypes while they are the finished, perfect product.

I make a whole stable of them usually, Jay, Matt, Greg, Casey, Cameron and now even George Wolfe managed by Lisa Bowen and call them The Second Sons of Wrestling. I know technically it makes no sense since we don't know it they have nay older siblings but the alliteration of Second Sons rolls riht off the tongue.

I like all of these, thanks. I might go with Second Coming but it sounds more of a religious gimmick really. The Second Sons of Wrestling works if you think of it not as in their the second sons of the legends but the second set of sons of wrestling itself if that makes any sense.

Adam Bomb and Crush could be Forces of Destruction or Destruction Force

RVD and PJ is a bit tougher, what gimmick are you thinking?

Could be something to reference their young cocky over bearingness

So Generation Best maybe

The first one is cool.

The second one, yeah I'm thinking that they're gonna be an arrogant team who thinks that they're better than everyone else. I'm not sure how far I'm going to push them just yet.

Another idea would be to bring in RVD and make him one of The New Rockers with Marty Jannetty. What seems like a better idea? I just desperately need tag teams.

In my SWF game, I'm kind of throwing Captain Atomic and Robbie Retro together, playing off the 2010 data too (Tho.. no real meaning/difference)

I kept thinking throwing the tandem just randomly together for the .. spur of the moment thing, but " Heroes on The Dancefloor " comes to mind, and then they seem like too good to pass up.

Just chiming in to see if anyone liked this name or had something better for me.

All suggestions are always welcome though.

In my SWF game, I'm kind of throwing Captain Atomic and Robbie Retro together, playing off the 2010 data too (Tho.. no real meaning/difference)

I kept thinking throwing the tandem just randomly together for the .. spur of the moment thing, but " Heroes on The Dancefloor " comes to mind, and then they seem like too good to pass up.

Just chiming in to see if anyone liked this name or had something better for me.

A so '70 man with a Nuclear one, remind me old SF movies

The name is good, but anyway here some alternatives:

The Funkatomics

Nuclear Dance Invaders

Area 71 (instead of Area 51, a more secret funk and atomic base!!!)

Discobomb's Mutants

Silver King and El Dandy in 1994.

Was thinking of Los Guapos. They are both playing a version of a ladies man type, with Silver King playing the ladies man cowboy that's a little rougher and tougher, while Silver King is more suave.

Los Guapos (The Handsome Ones)

Los Hermanos Guapos (The Handsome Brothers)

Hermandad Guapos (Handsome Brotherhood)

Latinos Guapos (Handsome Latinos)

They are going to get a serious push so I want them have a serious name.

Silver King and El Dandy in 1994.

Was thinking of Los Guapos. They are both playing a version of a ladies man type, with Silver King playing the ladies man cowboy that's a little rougher and tougher, while Silver King is more suave.

Los Guapos (The Handsome Ones)

Los Hermanos Guapos (The Handsome Brothers)

Hermandad Guapos (Handsome Brotherhood)

Latinos Guapos (Handsome Latinos)

They are going to get a serious push so I want them have a serious name.

I think they actually were called Los Fabulosos at one time

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=28&nr=560&name=Los+Fabulosos

I can't remember who came up with it but I can't take credit but someone in the '10 thread had exactly the same team and called them:

BLAST FROM THE PAST!

I know, when I first read it I also thought, best team name ever. Genius stuff.

I like the ideas guys...will definitely adapt the name when I re-hire The Outlaw & Tex Tagan (re-started my game...AGAIN!)

In the current game, El Mistico, Jr has great chemistry with Lug Phelan (face team). Suggestions?

And used one of the in-game suggested names for Fro Sure & Kip Keenan: Style & Substance

• 2 weeks later...

Started a WCW 2001 game using Genadi's mod. I've brought Raven back and have also signed Abyss & CM Punk. My plan is to have Raven bring The Flock / Raven's Nest and build-up Punk & Abyss.

I had thought about adding Vampiro to the mix but I'm not sure he'd be up for being Raven's bitch. I could have all four of them in a stable together, but, I'd be stuck for a name. I was thinking something like The Asylum?

So, on that note, any suggestions for a stable consisting of:

Raven

Vampiro

Abyss

CM Punk

Started a WCW 2001 game using Genadi's mod. I've brought Raven back and have also signed Abyss & CM Punk. My plan is to have Raven bring The Flock / Raven's Nest and build-up Punk & Abyss.

I had thought about adding Vampiro to the mix but I'm not sure he'd be up for being Raven's bitch. I could have all four of them in a stable together, but, I'd be stuck for a name. I was thinking something like The Asylum?

So, on that note, any suggestions for a stable consisting of:

Raven

Vampiro

Abyss

CM Punk

Anti-Establishment (A&E for short)

What's Vampiro's face/heel rating? You could have him be in The Flock, and eventually get tired of the abuse by Raven and have him turn face. At that point he has to go through CM Punk & Abyss before getting to Raven.

Short of that, maybe Darkness Rising.

Been playing a real world 2013 game with WWE. I've kept with the E's motto of changing all the signings names, and I finally decided to pull the trigger on signing Mark and Jay Briscoe. I want to keep there first names the same, but need a last name that rings with them.

Also signed Jimmy Jacobs, but not to OCD about his name so I'll probably auto-suggest it til I get a cool one.

Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards are on my radar for later on in the year, so if anyone has any suggestions for those it'll be much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Schaedler" data-cite="Schaedler" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Been playing a real world 2013 game with WWE. I've kept with the E's motto of changing all the signings names, and I finally decided to pull the trigger on signing Mark and Jay Briscoe. I want to keep there first names the same, but need a last name that rings with them. <p> </p><p> Also signed Jimmy Jacobs, but not to OCD about his name so I'll probably auto-suggest it til I get a cool one. </p><p> </p><p> Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards are on my radar for later on in the year, so if anyone has any suggestions for those it'll be much appreciated!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can use Hicks, it's a legit last name in the south and plays up their hick like nature.</p>

<p>I have a new tag team I put together with Jack Evans and PAC (Adrian Neville), and right now I'm calling them the Skyjackers unless someone has something better.</p><p> </p><p>

Skyjackers are guys who rob airplanes while they're in flight. I thought it would be really cool but if someone out there has a cooler name I'm willing to listen.</p><p> </p><p>

I also have Paul Burchill and Kevin Thorn teaming together with Shelly Martinez as their valet. I don't have a name for them yet.</p>

WWF 1984 (yeah I know it's gotten waaaaaay un-historical) but I have a mid/upper mid card stable forming featuring:

Jim Cornette (manager) - The Freebirds (Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts) - Tully Blanchard & The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey) & Stan Lane

All are heels...all have gimmicks that are some variation of Egomaniacs and/or Southern Rednecks except Cornette who's doing his classic "Mama's Boy" gimmick. And of course they routinely trash the Northeastern crowds and talk about the greatness of the South

I don't want to use "Camp Cornette" or the "Cornette Dynasty"... anyone have any ideas?

(PS - I used Southern Pride already)

Archived