Tag Team Suggestions / Naming Thread

I'm having a naming problem for a game I'm thinking of starting up... I've got lots of ideas but unfortunately I can't come up with a good name for the company I'm going to create. So, the backstory.

I'm playing in the default Cornellverse with some edits made to create my company before I start and steal some workers that fit well with my vision. I'm basically creating a company that is a hybrid between a lot of reality TV shows and wrestling, where the own will have everyone on the roster followed around by their own little TV crew to film their lives. Basically, the thought is to create a new kayfabe by having people playing characters close to themselves, only exaggerated by wrestling situations and crossing over into the real lives of other people. I'll be bringing in some MMA guys, Blonde Bombshell (because she has some mainstream fame) and a couple of created celebrities to be a part of the company alongside a lot of the more charismatic indy types and the bigger personalities. I already have plans for the likes of Dermot O'Logical, Tennessee William and Vikki Victoria to be involved in some undercard storylines with the usual top indy guys filling in for the upper end of the roster alongside a few choice steals from SWF, TCW and Japan.

I'm looking for a name for the company though, something that encapsulates that it's a modern idea, that "reality" is the key and that most of the workers are talented athletes too. My shows will be about a 50% match ratio so entertainment is right up there. All ideas would be appreciated as I've not had any that I particularly like. If you can come up with a tagline or TV show name to go with it too, that would be incredible. :D

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most reality shows these days are very location-based. Jersey Shore. Geordie Shore. The one about Essex. Real Housewives of Whatever. If you're going the reality show route, I'd consider using that. Create a fictional place. Name it after that.

Although, if you want to tour, that's another thing.

I had considered creating a place (lets call it Dudleyville for now) but I'm aiming bigger than that. Dunton Hall is going to be the owner of this venture and he's going to be trying to make crossover stars. Singers, actors, comedians, musicians, MMA fighters, models, Dermot O'Logical... lots of people crossing over so that wrestling doesn't exist just in a bubble and can bring in fans of all kinds to the events since there will be so much going on. I figure that this will also bring the kind of media attention where fans want to know what is going on with everyone all the time, so limited house shows and PPVs, which instead would make the TV events the rare times where the roster is in one place, leading to the largest dramatic events happening wherever they are. Tune in to find out what happens next! :D

Such access to people would hopefully build up a strong rapport with the fans for my workers, particularly in the area they are based, so events would need to be on the road to capitalise on that. Based on the people I've been hiring so far I think I'll mostly be running across the south and maybe up to the North West too. I've also got plans for a pseudo "Big Brother" type show (complete with challenges and eliminations... not stuck in one place though, they have a tour bus between them all instead) to bring in some unknowns on top of the many mini web shows that would exist for most of my workers.

I can't think of a good name for the company though, but I've got a lot of storyline ideas for people with lots of people showing up in minor roles from time to time. For example, I'd have April Appleseed show up sometime to promote her yoga teachings by having her work a web show with some of my workers or as a backstage trainer for people to help them feel less banged up. Maybe The Guru would show up as a sort of therapist, helping people to talk out their problems with someone who is involved in wrestling and understands. And I'm signing a lot of people with relationships already, tying things very close to reality in order to build up the new kayfabe idea.

Just can't think of a name I like. :p

I'm having a naming problem for a game I'm thinking of starting up... I've got lots of ideas but unfortunately I can't come up with a good name for the company I'm going to create. So, the backstory.

I'm playing in the default Cornellverse with some edits made to create my company before I start and steal some workers that fit well with my vision. I'm basically creating a company that is a hybrid between a lot of reality TV shows and wrestling, where the own will have everyone on the roster followed around by their own little TV crew to film their lives. Basically, the thought is to create a new kayfabe by having people playing characters close to themselves, only exaggerated by wrestling situations and crossing over into the real lives of other people. I'll be bringing in some MMA guys, Blonde Bombshell (because she has some mainstream fame) and a couple of created celebrities to be a part of the company alongside a lot of the more charismatic indy types and the bigger personalities. I already have plans for the likes of Dermot O'Logical, Tennessee William and Vikki Victoria to be involved in some undercard storylines with the usual top indy guys filling in for the upper end of the roster alongside a few choice steals from SWF, TCW and Japan.

I'm looking for a name for the company though, something that encapsulates that it's a modern idea, that "reality" is the key and that most of the workers are talented athletes too. My shows will be about a 50% match ratio so entertainment is right up there. All ideas would be appreciated as I've not had any that I particularly like. If you can come up with a tagline or TV show name to go with it too, that would be incredible. :D

United Wrestling Athletes?

I can't think of a good name for the company though, but I've got a lot of storyline ideas for people with lots of people showing up in minor roles from time to time. For example, I'd have April Appleseed show up sometime to promote her yoga teachings by having her work a web show with some of my workers or as a backstage trainer for people to help them feel less banged up. Maybe The Guru would show up as a sort of therapist, helping people to talk out their problems with someone who is involved in wrestling and understands. And I'm signing a lot of people with relationships already, tying things very close to reality in order to build up the new kayfabe idea.

Just can't think of a name I like. :p

Wrestle Reality

(Promotions Initials) Uncut or Uncensored ie wCw Uncut...wCw Uncensored

maybe steal a real world title like...

Beyond the Mat

or a play on a title like...

Wrestling Idol

...as much as I hate to say it a good name would be...

World Wrestling Entertainment

Thanks for the name suggestions so far guys, you're helping me think of ideas. I like the idea of "XYZ Uncut" as a show name, I might actually use that one as it fits quite well with what I'm going for. I still can't find a name I particularly like... ideas from people in real life so far include...

Wrestling As Reality (WAR)

Living As Wrestlers (LAW)

Lives Of Wrestlers (LOW)

...or my personal favourite so far...

The Hidden Reality Of Wrestling (THROW)

I'm not sure any of them are any good, but I figure I should let you guys know about them in case you like the sound of any of them. I really like the ideas I've got in my head but I do need a name I'll want to stick with if/when I play it. :)

Name: Real Lives Wrestling

Tag Line: Live The Reality!

Maybe 'All Access Wrestling' or 'Wrestling Chronicles', or something to the same effect that sounds less generic?:D

Something I usually do when I'm stuck like that is to visit Thesaurus.com and look up some of the key words that I'm trying to use. A more interesting synonym might spark some better ideas.

Thanks for the name suggestions so far guys, you're helping me think of ideas. I like the idea of "XYZ Uncut" as a show name, I might actually use that one as it fits quite well with what I'm going for. I still can't find a name I particularly like... ideas from people in real life so far include...

Wrestling As Reality (WAR)

Living As Wrestlers (LAW)

Lives Of Wrestlers (LOW)

...or my personal favourite so far...

The Hidden Reality Of Wrestling (THROW)

I'm not sure any of them are any good, but I figure I should let you guys know about them in case you like the sound of any of them. I really like the ideas I've got in my head but I do need a name I'll want to stick with if/when I play it. :)

- WrestleJam would fit like a glove. And a nice tribute to "The Ram" Robinson. :D You could add Entertainment or productions, or promotions, or something like that after WrestleJam to add even more to the name. It's catchy and it describes what you really want.

- Reality Wrestling...where Wrestling is as real as life.

- Beyond the Wrestling (BTW)

- Wrestling And Beyond (WAB)

and so on.

• 2 weeks later...

So, not a tag-team but I'm planning a WWE Real World game out and need a name for the following group of workers:

Shane McMahon

Paul Heyman

Randy Orton

Antonio Cesaro

Dean Ambrose

Seth Rollins

Roman Reigns

Kassius Onho

Basically, at Extreme Rules, Randy Orton will turn heel during the Triple H / Brock Lesnar Steel Cage Match. As Triple H is escaping the cage through the door, Orton will make his way to ringside and smash the door back in The Game's face. Lesnar will capitalize, hit the F5 on Triple H and get the win. It doesn't end there, though.

As Lesnar celebrates, Heyman nods in Orton's direction. Orton gets in the ring and hits the RKO on Lesnar before delivering a vicious punt. As Triple H gets back to his feet, he also receives an RKO and a nasty punt to the head.

Shane McMahon will return to WWE programming, and, with Paul Heyman and the above list of workers, will try and take over WWE. Shane will basically say the company is growing stale and is need of an overhaul. He'll bring up Super Cena (who, at this point, will have destroyed Ryback) the "part-timers" being at the top of PPV cards (Triple H, The Undertaker, Lesnar, The Rock) proclaiming that a change is on the horizon.

During the storyline, Punk & Lesnar will make big returns as babyfaces and lead the battle against the new group. I'd also most likely utilize Triple H, 'Taker & The Rock in the fight, maybe setting up a big Survivor Series match to help give some of the younger heels a bit of a rub with a big win.

So yeah, that's a basic overview of what I have planned. Any ideas for a name for the group would be great. I was thinking something like Revolution but it doesn't seem too original.

So, not a tag-team but I'm planning a WWE Real World game out and need a name for the following group of workers:

Shane McMahon

Paul Heyman

Randy Orton

Antonio Cesaro

Dean Ambrose

Seth Rollins

Roman Reigns

Kassius Onho

Basically, at Extreme Rules, Randy Orton will turn heel during the Triple H / Brock Lesnar Steel Cage Match. As Triple H is escaping the cage through the door, Orton will make his way to ringside and smash the door back in The Game's face. Lesnar will capitalize, hit the F5 on Triple H and get the win. It doesn't end there, though.

As Lesnar celebrates, Heyman nods in Orton's direction. Orton gets in the ring and hits the RKO on Lesnar before delivering a vicious punt. As Triple H gets back to his feet, he also receives an RKO and a nasty punt to the head.

Shane McMahon will return to WWE programming, and, with Paul Heyman and the above list of workers, will try and take over WWE. Shane will basically say the company is growing stale and is need of an overhaul. He'll bring up Super Cena (who, at this point, will have destroyed Ryback) the "part-timers" being at the top of PPV cards (Triple H, The Undertaker, Lesnar, The Rock) proclaiming that a change is on the horizon.

During the storyline, Punk & Lesnar will make big returns as babyfaces and lead the battle against the new group. I'd also most likely utilize Triple H, 'Taker & The Rock in the fight, maybe setting up a big Survivor Series match to help give some of the younger heels a bit of a rub with a big win.

So yeah, that's a basic overview of what I have planned. Any ideas for a name for the group would be great. I was thinking something like Revolution but it doesn't seem too original.

The Hostile Takeover?

Ok so I just snagged Spencer Spade from SWF in my TCW game and I plan on teaming him up with Hollywood Brett Starr eventually any suggestions for a team name?

Initially I was going to debut Bret alongside C-V-2 as the initial plan was to have every member of MAW's Succession stable in my rebooted Syndicate, but I decided against that.

They will likely be working the cocky young guy route and will probably be fodder for more established teams for a while.

Ok so I just snagged Spencer Spade from SWF in my TCW game and I plan on teaming him up with Hollywood Brett Starr eventually any suggestions for a team name?

They will likely be working the cocky young guy route and will probably be fodder for more established teams for a while.

Maybe one of these could work:

(Forgive me if any of them are already in use, as I haven't been playing TEW very long)

The Primetime Players (EDIT: I haven't watched wrestling in a long time, so I didn't know that this was an actual team until I Googled it. I must have picked it up on these forums at some point. Sorry:p)

The Main Event

The High Rollers

The L.A. Excellence/Exceptional/Exclusive (LAX)

Initially I was going to debut Bret alongside C-V-2 as the initial plan was to have every member of MAW's Succession stable in my rebooted Syndicate, but I decided against that.

A name I use a lot, borrowed from an e-fed I used to do, is The Hollywood Takeover Project.

Formed a stable with Ash Campbell, Ali X (Frantic Ali), and Big Zeke (Lil Henry) and called it Forever Hardcore (misnomer since my fed has NO hardcore elements to it, but whatever). Anyway, each combination in a tag team, should they have a different name? Or should it just be known as Forever Hardcore (and listed as I, II, III in the game, for record keeping purposes)?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The-619" data-cite="The-619" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I hired Roger Cage from SWF to team with Fro Sure in my USPW game. Both are faces with fun babyface gimmicks, the similarity between both guys is their charisma. I'm stuck for names though, any suggestions?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Smooth Funk - taking Roger's nickname and Fro's hip hop artist thing.</p><p> </p><p> It's better than my first thoughts, which were Smooth & Sure/Sure & Smooth...both sounded like a hair conditioner product, which I guess could work too!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Funkenstein Sr." data-cite="Funkenstein Sr." data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Smooth Funk - taking Roger's nickname and Fro's hip hop artist thing.<p> </p><p> It's better than my first thoughts, which were Smooth & Sure/Sure & Smooth...both sounded like a hair conditioner product, which I guess could work too!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Using it, thanks for that.</p>

<p>Stable that is basically the Corporation for SWF, just want a cooler name</p><p> </p><p>

Commissioner Eric Tyler and biggest star in the company Jack Bruce (A*!) team up and intend to dominate the company. Any emphasis on Tyler would be good, since he is the leader, Tyler's Terrorizers. etc. (I know extremely cheesy, hence why I want help) </p><p> </p><p>

any help is very appreciated</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="petecrimson00" data-cite="petecrimson00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Stable that is basically the Corporation for SWF, just want a cooler name<p> </p><p> Commissioner Eric Tyler and biggest star in the company Jack Bruce (A*!) team up and intend to dominate the company. Any emphasis on Tyler would be good, since he is the leader, Tyler's Terrorizers. etc. (I know extremely cheesy, hence why I want help) </p><p> </p><p> any help is very appreciated</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Tyler's Titans or Tyler's School of Glory???</p><p> </p><p> I have a game going in UK where i discovered Kashmir Singh and Keith Adams and Barry Griffin and Dwayne Dark have great chemistry as a team . Any suggestions for both the teams??</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="petecrimson00" data-cite="petecrimson00" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Stable that is basically the Corporation for SWF, just want a cooler name<p> </p><p> Commissioner Eric Tyler and biggest star in the company Jack Bruce (A*!) team up and intend to dominate the company. Any emphasis on Tyler would be good, since he is the leader, Tyler's Terrorizers. etc. (I know extremely cheesy, hence why I want help) </p><p> </p><p> any help is very appreciated</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I called mine The Enterprise</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pantaloons" data-cite="pantaloons" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35259" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I called mine The Enterprise</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hey good one...I'm going to use it for a stable in my game.</p><p> </p><p> Got a tag team name I need help with. It should be easy but I'm drawing a complete blank with it.</p><p> Stanley Axis going under the mask as the Masked Avenger teaming with the Masked Stranger. They're faces getting ready to fight injustice in a long feud with the very over tag team champions "Power & Glory" (Canadian Crusher & Philippe LaGrenier). </p><p> </p><p> BTW...Power & Glory are a great entertainment based tag team (managed by Roxy Kitten in her stable of "Pretty$") in under a year they've raised the midcard tag team title to a main event prestige rating.</p>

Archived