Tag Team Suggestions / Naming Thread

Looking to form a couple of new teams in my MAW game. I'm a big fan of Lug Phelan so, ideally, want him as part of a team. My first thought was him and Merle O'Curle as something like The Irish Hit Squad / The Shamrock Assassin's (could theoretically still do this elsewhere)

I still want to use Phelan, but, who would be a good partner for him? Given that they'll be used in MAW, it have to be somebody decent in-ring. Phelan looks like a hard-as-nails, psycho, so, if I partnered him with somebody with good technical / in-ring skills, I could call them Technically Psychotic...or something.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking to form a couple of new teams in my MAW game. I'm a big fan of Lug Phelan so, ideally, want him as part of a team. My first thought was him and Merle O'Curle as something like The Irish Hit Squad / The Shamrock Assassin's (could theoretically still do this elsewhere)

I still want to use Phelan, but, who would be a good partner for him? Given that they'll be used in MAW, it have to be somebody decent in-ring. Phelan looks like a hard-as-nails, psycho, so, if I partnered him with somebody with good technical / in-ring skills, I could call them Technically Psychotic...or something.

The Architect could work in that position. Have him be the brains and Phelan be the brawn.

Need a name for a Native American tag-team consisting of Running Wolf & Soaring Crow (Roger Montiero).

Already came up with:

The Nation

The Young Braves

The Tribe

The People

Native America

But none of them quite fit in my head.

How about "Young Blood"? It wraps up their youth and their Native AMerican heritage without necessarily making it all about the ancestry as you can focus on other aspects of the youth thing or the blood thing if you wanted to do something a little different with them. :)

How about "Young Blood"? It wraps up their youth and their Native AMerican heritage without necessarily making it all about the ancestry as you can focus on other aspects of the youth thing or the blood thing if you wanted to do something a little different with them. :)

Makes me think of Ace Youngblood, and why he isn't in this USPW family-esque faction led by Nicky Champion. :p

Need a name for a Native American tag-team consisting of Running Wolf & Soaring Crow (Roger Montiero).

Already came up with:

The Nation

The Young Braves

The Tribe

The People

Native America

When I used them together in my game, I took Mark and Chris Youngblood's name from Global and called them The Tribal Nation.

• 2 weeks later...

Already came up with:

The Nation

The Young Braves

The Tribe

The People

Native America

The Tomahawk's Warriors or simply The Tomahawks

Great Spirit Order/Warriors/Followers

Manitou's Sons

You guys have anything for Roadhouse Radford and Joe Zucco? I'd like to capitalize on the matching scuzzy looks they have and make them a team. Radford's main eventing for me and Zucco would be his midcard flunky. I've been trying to think of something in the criminal vein but the best thing I have is The Underground and that's not quite working for me.

James Storm (Leader) (WWE IC Champion) (Using a JBL/Stone Cold Hybrid gimmick)

Matt Morgan (Bodyguard)

Jamie Sky (Velvet Sky) (Main Valet)

Lacey Von Erich (Secondary Valet)

Not being sure of the gimmick they are using but I am supposing they are heel

Tennessee Beer Company/Inc.

Rebel Life Inc. (Using the Inc. since you said cabinet type though it's a nice shout out to Beer Money Inc. if you ever bring in Roode)

In this case using a company type stable you can use Storm as the CEO bossing around Morgan (the dumb muscle) until he gets mad and turns.

If they are face, they are just a fun loving, group of rednecks, maybe have one of each of the girls dating each of the guys, with Morgan's girl talking in his ear about how he is the only reason they win and get him to turn on Storm, splitting them up. If they add new members before this it can be an epic company feud, bringing in real life types of nasty corporate feuds

Any stable name suggestions for a cabinet like group consisting of...

Matt Morgan (Bodyguard)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

If they're kinda high society, something like The Order or The Skulls (referring to the Skull & Bones Society) might work. To go the cowboy route, Beer Money Inc isn't awful. If you're trying to distance yourself from that a little more, The Pilsner Group sounds sophisticated while still alluding to Storm's propensity for beer drinking.

Any stable name suggestions for a cabinet like group consisting of...

Matt Morgan (Bodyguard)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

I'm thinking "The Executive." Or perhaps, "Executive Office."

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who reunite High Concept in feds other than SWF, what do you call the team? Presuming that SWF has a trademark on High Concept (along with Elmo, Groucho and Bling), I've been looking for a name that plays off the Game Over finisher but I've yet to come up with anything that sticks.

Bonus question: Can Greg Wright realistically appear as Greg Black post-SWF or is it logical that Eisen would have a trademark there, too?

Anyone have any ideas for Randy Savage and Magnum TA?

Using the 83 mod and they had chemistry together and since they're both low on the card, I want to use them as a tag team.

They're faces. Savage us using his "Macho Man" gimmick, pretty basic, he's just himself. Magnum is doing a Blue Collar type gimmick.

Adam Bomb and Crush in 1994. Could always go with KroniK lol. I want something different though.

I'm also thinking of signing RVD and tagging him with PJ Walker (Justin Credible/Aldo Montoya) as a lower card heel tag team. Name for that would be cool too :)

Anyone got any ideas for a tag team of Jay Chord and Matthew Keith?

Trying to use the fact that they are both sons of wrestling legends. I can't get Legacy out of my mind but obviously don't want to just copy that.

If they are cocky heels, you could go for something that omits the image of being full of themselves and better than they are such as Modern Day Legends or if you want to play on the generation thing you could have something like Advanced Greatness, this could be that 'greatness' has been passed onto them, or that they have even surpassed it. It's tricky to not be too obvious with this one though and use things like Next Gen Superstars etc. :)

Archived