Movie Tycoon 1.0

Goliath764

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Make Up Your Mind</strong><p> </p><p> Armie Hammer(1.15 SP)</p><p> - Armie Hammer is eager to grow bigger in Hollywood, he's willing to do this for 725,000 and only 225,000 upfront if you can give him another lead role in your next 5 movies. Otherwise, he would take 1,150,000 total and upfront.</p><p> </p><p> Olivia Wilde(2.00 SP)</p><p> - Olivia Wilde would like 1,600,000. She's fine taking half of them upfront and the other half post-release if you can give her 3% of the movie's profit. Otherwise, she would like 1,600,000 upfront.</p><p> </p><p> Nicholas Hault(1.60 SP)</p><p> - Nicholas would like 960,000. He's fine taking 480,000 upfront; 480,000 post-release.</p><p> </p><p> Dev Patel(1.00 SP)</p><p> - Dev Patel is desperate for work. If you are willing to give him another role(at least supporting) in your next 4 movies then he will do this for 450,000 and only taking 200,000 upfront.</p><p> - If you can give him at least secondary lead role in your next 5 movies, he will do this for 350,000 and taking 150,000 upfront.</p><p> </p><p> David Cronenberg(1.50 SP)</p><p> - He would like 1,500,000 total with 1,200,000 upfront + 10% of the movie's profit OR 1,100,000 total and upfront + 20% of the movie's profit.</p><p> </p><p> Lowest deal possible:</p><p> </p><p> Pre-release: 2,755,000</p><p> Post-release: 1,980,000 + 23%</p></div></blockquote><p> Armie Hammer: How about 775.000 of which 225.000 up front and another leading role in one of my next three movies, but only if my company makes a net profit on this movie?</p><p> </p><p> I will not be able to afford Olivia Wilde. Maybe Mischa Barton though?</p><p> </p><p> Nicholas Hault is, depsite the reasonable deal, too expensive for me as well. I expect Jordan Masterson to be a bit cheaper?</p><p> </p><p> Dev Patel: I accept the "If you can give him at least secondary lead role in your next 5 movies, he will do this for 350,000 and taking 150,000 upfront." deal.</p><p> </p><p> I can't afford David Cronenbergh either, how about Marcus Nispel?</p>

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p><strong>Movie 666</strong></p><p> </p><p>

John Travolta(3.60 SP)</p><p>

- John Travolta cares more about redemption than money right now so he would take 3,600,000 + 5% of the film and all of them post-release.</p><p>

- </p><p> </p><p>

Andy Garcia(2.10 SP)</p><p>

- He would take 1,155,000. He's fine taking only 555,000 upfront.</p><p> </p><p>

Aaron Staton(0.65 SP)</p><p>

- For the role offer, he would like a (at least) second lead role(since you said much better) in your next 5 movies.</p><p>

- For this one, he will take 200,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Zac Efron(1.10 SP)</p><p>

- He would take 770,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Selena Gomez(0.45 SP)</p><p>

- She would take 270,000.</p><p>

- She really wants to put her career back on track and so if you are willing to give her another (at least) support role in your next 5 movies, she will do this for 180,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Coen Brothers(2.25 SP)</p><p>

- They would like 2,250,000 OR 1,500,000 with 400,000 upfront + 15%.</p><p> </p><p>

Lowest deal possible:</p><p> </p><p>

Pre-release: 2,105,000</p><p>

Post-release: 5,100,000 + 20%</p><p> </p><p>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Make Up Your Mind</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Armie Hammer(1.15 SP)</p><p>

- Deal</p><p> </p><p>

Mischa Barton(0.85 SP)</p><p>

- She would like 700,000; 500,000 upfront.</p><p>

- If you can give her another role(at least supporting) in your next 5 movies, then she can lower the upfront to 300,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Jordan Masterson(0.60 SP)</p><p>

- He would like 450,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Marcus Nispel(1.10 SP)</p><p>

- He would like 900,000 + 15% OR 1,200,000 + 10%.</p><p> </p><p>

Lowest deal possible:</p><p> </p><p>

Pre-release: 2,025,000</p><p>

Post-release: 1,050,000 + 15%</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Movie 666<p> </p><p> John Travolta(3.60 SP)</p><p> - John Travolta cares more about redemption than money right now so he would take 3,600,000 + 5% of the film and all of them post-release.</p><p> - </p><p> </p><p> Andy Garcia(2.10 SP)</p><p> - He would take 1,155,000. He's fine taking only 555,000 upfront.</p><p> </p><p> Aaron Staton(0.65 SP)</p><p> - For the role offer, he would like a (at least) second lead role(since you said much better) in your next 5 movies.</p><p> - For this one, he will take 200,000.</p><p> </p><p> Zac Efron(1.10 SP)</p><p> - He would take 770,000.</p><p> </p><p> Selena Gomez(0.45 SP)</p><p> - She would take 270,000.</p><p> - She really wants to put her career back on track and so if you are willing to give her another (at least) support role in your next 5 movies, she will do this for 180,000.</p><p> </p><p> Coen Brothers(2.25 SP)</p><p> - They would like 2,250,000 OR 1,500,000 with 400,000 upfront + 15%.</p><p> </p><p> Lowest deal possible:</p><p> </p><p> Pre-release: 2,105,000</p><p> Post-release: 5,100,000 + 20%</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well yes to all of ya....Travolta........redemption......is here.........Support for Selena and uh....yup that's pretty much it.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> <strong>Fables/Mass Effect</strong></p><p> </p><p> There's no limit yet, I might consider a cap if someone is hoarding a ton of franchises and not using them but until then, there's no limit. However, there's a 1 franchise per day rule, so you need 2 days to take both of them if you would like both. As for time limit, I am thinking 1 month of real life time, just so it's available to others later on if a player doesn't do anything with a franchise.</p><p> </p><p> DC Comics accept your proposal.</p><p> </p><p> EA cares only about the money(Yes EA, I am talking to you), casting choice control really isn't something that care too much about. EA counters with 60% + 2,000,000. 1,000,000 upfront and 1,000,000 post-release. </p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Excellent news about DC Comics and Fables.</p><p> </p><p> I'll get back to EA seeing as I can't accept a second one today anyway</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>Make Up Your Mind</strong></p><p> </p><p> Armie Hammer(1.15 SP)</p><p> - Deal</p><p> </p><p> Mischa Barton(0.85 SP)</p><p> - She would like 700,000; 500,000 upfront.</p><p> - If you can give her another role(at least supporting) in your next 5 movies, then she can lower the upfront to 300,000.</p><p> </p><p> Jordan Masterson(0.60 SP)</p><p> - He would like 450,000.</p><p> </p><p> Marcus Nispel(1.10 SP)</p><p> - He would like 900,000 + 15% OR 1,200,000 + 10%.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Mischa Barton: If she does the job for 550.000 (pre-release) I will give her another role (at least second lead) in one of my next five movies. Alternatively, if she does it for 550.000 (pre-release) I can also give her another role (at least supporting) in one of my next three movies.</p><p> </p><p> Jordan Masterson: accepted</p><p> </p><p> Marcus Nispel: His baserate pay is way too high for me. How about 500.000 + 10% and a role as director in one of my next four movies?</p>

Studio Name: Freak Shore Screens

Founder Name(i.e. your IGN): Georg Phyllie

Studio Bonus: Investor

Title: Hornswuggel

Rating (i.e. G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17):

Genre: Western

Amount you plan to spend on production: 25,000

Amount you plan to spend on marketing: 200,000

Short plot: A bank robber gets caught stealing a bank by a local woman, but she escapes with a train. he has to hunt her down but the way to it won't be easy.

List of actors:

Phylop Gregosty - David Hasselhoff, first lead

Sir John Xexorton - Eddie Murphy, second lead

Kentor Kokalove - Idris Elba, support

Phillipia Glove - Jennifer Lawrence, support

Gordon Khystherxoflan - Seth Rogen. support

Cameo:

Katar Gfory - Jared Paladecki

Jermaine Silva - Patrick Stewart

@Russelrules44

Do note that you can start now since everything is set. And I am not sure if I offended you within this thread but I am sorry if I do(I read your ultimatum thread).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make Up Your Mind

Mischa Barton

- The terms are unclear. My guess is one proposal is "pre-" and one is "post-" but you stated them both as "550,000 pre-release" there. In the case of 550,000 pre-release, does she gets two roles: a second lead in your next five AND support in next three?

Marcus Nispel

- The lowest he can go is 800,000 + 12% along with a director role in your next 4 movies.

Pre-release: 1,925,000

Post-release: 1,050,000 + 12%

GM's Note: Ultimately, the directors are more highly paid than actors because I always assume it's this way in real life. Also, as a GM, I am trying to make sure a fair amount of money are spent on talent at the pre-release stage because no talent likes taking money post-release.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hornswuggel

I need the rating.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> </p><p> <strong>Make Up Your Mind</strong></p><p> </p><p> Mischa Barton</p><p> - The terms are unclear. My guess is one proposal is "pre-" and one is "post-" but you stated them both as "550,000 pre-release" there. In the case of 550,000 pre-release, does she gets two roles: a second lead in your next five AND support in next three?</p><p> </p><p> Marcus Nispel</p><p> - The lowest he can go is 800,000 + 12% along with a director role in your next 4 movies.</p><p> </p><p> Pre-release: 1,925,000</p><p> Post-release: 1,050,000 + 12%</p><p> </p><p> <strong>GM's Note</strong>: Ultimately, the directors are more highly paid than actors because I always assume it's this way in real life. Also, as a GM, I am trying to make sure a fair amount of money are spent on talent at the pre-release stage because no talent likes taking money post-release.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> on mischa barton: both options are 550.000 pre-release. one option includes a role as second lead within five movies. the other option includes a supporting role in one of the next three movies. (i hope it's clear now? my apologies if my english was poor)</p><p> </p><p> on marcus nispel: i assume that you mean a directing role in one of my next four movies, not in all four of them, right?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>@Russelrules44<p> Do note that you can start now since everything is set. And I am not sure if I offended you within this thread but I am sorry if I do(I read your ultimatum thread).</p><p> </p><p> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's cool man, and I'm thinking of a plot right now.</p>

<p><strong>Make Up Your Mind</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Mischa Barton</p><p>

- Not that hard of a choice, she would take 550,000 + 1 second lead within next 5 movies.</p><p> </p><p>

Marcus Nispel</p><p>

- Yup, 1 of your next 4.</p><p> </p><p>

And no worry, English is my second language so mine should be poorer.</p><p> </p><p>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>How The Wind Blows</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Shia LaBeouf(2.70 SP)</p><p>

- He would like 2,850,000 + 5% of the movie's profit.</p><p> </p><p>

Rade Serbedzija(0.70 SP)</p><p>

- He would take 350,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Emilia Clarke(1.00 SP)</p><p>

- She wants bigger job and will do this for free if you can give her one (at least) second lead role in your next 5 movies.</p><p> </p><p>

Casey Affleck(2.15 SP)</p><p>

- He wants 1,720,000.</p><p>

- He can lower his offer to 1,250,000 post-release if you are willing to put and his brother, Ben Affleck, in the same film in future. Both of them have to be main leads and there can be no other main leads other than them. This has to be done within your next 8 movies.</p><p> </p><p>

Laurence Fishburne(1.85 SP)</p><p>

- He wants 1,110,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Scott Adkins(0.95 SP)</p><p>

- He would like 617,500.</p><p>

- He requests his character to have melee scene(s) as he thinks it's what's he is best at, compared to gun-blazing action.</p><p> </p><p>

Benjamin Bratt(1.00 SP)</p><p>

- He would like 800,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Cliff Curtis(1.00 SP)</p><p>

- He demands 520,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Terrence Stamp(1.25 SP)</p><p>

- He would like 750,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Dave Franco(0.60 SP)</p><p>

- He will do it for free if you can give him a support role within your next 2 movies.</p><p> </p><p>

Nathan Jones(0.40 SP)</p><p>

- He will be fine with 5,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Eric Bana(1.70 SP)</p><p>

- He would like 850,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Dustin Hoffman(2.60 SP)</p><p>

- He would take 930,000.</p><p> </p><p>

Peter Jackson(3.20 SP)</p><p>

- He will take 2,600,000 + 10% of the movie's profit OR 2,000,000 + 15%.</p><p>

- He would like to be part of the producing team as he feels his experience in that aspect will help the overall operation and progression of this film.</p><p> </p><p>

Lowest deal:</p><p> </p><p>

Pre-release: 10,782,500</p><p>

Post-release: 1,250,000 + 20%</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Make Up Your Mind</strong><p> </p><p> <strong>How The Wind Blows</strong></p><p> </p><p> Shia LaBeouf(2.70 SP)</p><p> - He would like 2,850,000 + 5% of the movie's profit.</p><p> </p><p> Rade Serbedzija(0.70 SP)</p><p> - He would take 350,000.</p><p> </p><p> Emilia Clarke(1.00 SP)</p><p> - She wants bigger job and will do this for free if you can give her one (at least) second lead role in your next 5 movies.</p><p> </p><p> Casey Affleck(2.15 SP)</p><p> - He wants 1,720,000.</p><p> - He can lower his offer to 1,250,000 post-release if you are willing to put and his brother, Ben Affleck, in the same film in future. Both of them have to be main leads and there can be no other main leads other than them. This has to be done within your next 8 movies.</p><p> </p><p> Laurence Fishburne(1.85 SP)</p><p> - He wants 1,110,000.</p><p> </p><p> Scott Adkins(0.95 SP)</p><p> - He would like 617,500.</p><p> - He requests his character to have melee scene(s) as he thinks it's what's he is best at, compared to gun-blazing action.</p><p> </p><p> Benjamin Bratt(1.00 SP)</p><p> - He would like 800,000.</p><p> </p><p> Cliff Curtis(1.00 SP)</p><p> - He demands 520,000.</p><p> </p><p> Terrence Stamp(1.25 SP)</p><p> - He would like 750,000.</p><p> </p><p> Dave Franco(0.60 SP)</p><p> - He will do it for free if you can give him a support role within your next 2 movies.</p><p> </p><p> Nathan Jones(0.40 SP)</p><p> - He will be fine with 5,000.</p><p> </p><p> Eric Bana(1.70 SP)</p><p> - He would like 850,000.</p><p> </p><p> Dustin Hoffman(2.60 SP)</p><p> - He would take 930,000.</p><p> </p><p> Peter Jackson(3.20 SP)</p><p> - He will take 2,600,000 + 10% of the movie's profit OR 2,000,000 + 15%.</p><p> - He would like to be part of the producing team as he feels his experience in that aspect will help the overall operation and progression of this film.</p><p> </p><p> Lowest deal:</p><p> </p><p> Pre-release: 10,782,500</p><p> Post-release: 1,250,000 + 20%</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> NATHAN JONES IS IN THIS?!.........Wow....I didn't know he was into movies!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Make Up Your Mind</strong><p> </p><p> Mischa Barton</p><p> - Not that hard of a choice, she would take 550,000 + 1 second lead within next 5 movies.</p><p> </p><p> Marcus Nispel</p><p> - Yup, 1 of your next 4.</p><p> </p><p> And no worry, English is my second language so mine should be poorer.</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> actually, english isn't my first language either.</p><p> (i'll decide on the marcus nispel contract when i'm not as tired and in a hurry as i am right now (read: friday))</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dakydaky" data-cite="dakydaky" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Shia LaBeouf: We can only give you 2,700,000 and no movie bonus as we feel you are already credited enough by getting the first lead in this movie.<p> </p><p> Laurence Fishburne: What does 1,050,000 sound like?</p><p> </p><p> Peter Jackson: We can offer you either:</p><p> 2,600,000 + no percentage</p><p> 2,000,000 + 10%</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Shia LaBeouf</p><p> - He considers for a while...and decided to go with a yes. So yes, he accepts the job.</p><p> - Edit: <strong>NEW OFFER:</strong> And then he take back his words. He is a regular lead nowadays and don't see why it's "credited enough" to be one again. His re-offer is 2,800,000 + 3% OR 3,100,000.</p><p> </p><p> Laurence Fishburne</p><p> - Deal.</p><p> </p><p> Peter Jackson</p><p> - 2,200,000 with only 2,000,000 upfront + 10% OR 3,200,000</p>

<p>I can't accept the marcus nispel deal.</p><p>

As I am really busy at the moment I can't ask for the costs of directors one by one. So, could you give me the costs of the following guys: Alister Grierson, Jaume Collet-Serra, Neil Burger, Michael Greenspan, and Joe Wright? </p><p> </p><p>

For now I should have a line-up of:</p><p> </p><p>

Armie Hammer (775.000 of which 225.000 up front and another leading role in one of my next three movies, but only if my company makes a net profit on this movie)</p><p>

Mischa Barton (550,000 + 1 second lead within next 5 movies)</p><p>

Jordan Masterson (450,000)</p><p>

Dev Patel (If you can give him at least secondary lead role in your next 5 movies, he will do this for 350,000 and taking 150,000 upfront)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

which gives me a total of:</p><p>

pre-release: 1,375,000</p><p>

post release: 700,000</p><p> </p><p>

is this correct?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wilhelmgras" data-cite="wilhelmgras" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I can't accept the marcus nispel deal.<p> As I am really busy at the moment I can't ask for the costs of directors one by one. So, could you give me the costs of the following guys: Alister Grierson, Jaume Collet-Serra, Neil Burger, Michael Greenspan, and Joe Wright? </p><p> </p><p> For now I should have a line-up of:</p><p> </p><p> Armie Hammer (775.000 of which 225.000 up front and another leading role in one of my next three movies, but only if my company makes a net profit on this movie)</p><p> Mischa Barton (550,000 + 1 second lead within next 5 movies)</p><p> Jordan Masterson (450,000)</p><p> Dev Patel (If you can give him at least secondary lead role in your next 5 movies, he will do this for 350,000 and taking 150,000 upfront)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> which gives me a total of:</p><p> pre-release: 1,375,000</p><p> post release: 700,000</p><p> </p><p> is this correct?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You are right on the money.</p><p> </p><p> Director list:</p><p> </p><p> Alister Grierson(0.90 SP)</p><p> Jaume Collet-Serra(1.35 SP)</p><p> Neil Burger(1.20 SP)</p><p> Michael Greenspan(0.90 SP)</p><p> Joe Wright(1.50 SP)</p><p> </p><p> Since I assume you are looking to save money, I will offer the two lowest:</p><p> </p><p> Alister Grierson(0.90 SP)</p><p> - He would like 700,000 + 10%</p><p> </p><p> Michael Greenspan(0.90 SP)</p><p> - He would like 800,000 + 7%</p><p> </p><p> <strong>GM's Note</strong>: I don't give director lower than 0.90 SP because I consider them a huge part of a movie. The range for director is 90%-120% so the best ordinary deal you can get is 810,000 before other requirement and deal. Do note that you have already done a pretty good job in saving money for the first movie, you have like a little less than 1M for non-talent cost while others only have like 300K in their first film, which I have to admit you are making my job harder to do on the finance stimulation part. Do note that star power is something, a production of certain size and amount has to be backed up by a fair share of star power.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Goliath764" data-cite="Goliath764" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Since I assume you are looking to save money, I will offer the two lowest:</p><p> </p><p> Alister Grierson(0.90 SP)</p><p> - He would like 700,000 + 10%</p><p> </p><p> Michael Greenspan(0.90 SP)</p><p> - He would like 800,000 + 7%</p></div></blockquote><p> well, let's wrap this up then. i'd like to offer alister grierson 750,000 +7% with the message that i have to go for someone else if he thinks this is unacceptable (read: if grierson rejects, i'll take greenspan).</p><p> </p><p> (i'll write the story tomorrow)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wilhelmgras" data-cite="wilhelmgras" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>well, let's wrap this up then. i'd like to offer alister grierson 750,000 +7% with the message that i have to go for someone else if he thinks this is unacceptable (read: if grierson rejects, i'll take greenspan).<p> </p><p> (i'll write the story tomorrow)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Alister Grierson considers...and decided to take it. When you are trying to prove yourself in Hollywood, you really have to take any offer your way.</p>

<p>Title- Make up your mind</p><p>

Lead Actor- Armie Hammer (lead), Jordan Masterson (2nd lead) Dev Patel (2nd lead)</p><p>

Lead Actress- Mischa Barton (lead) </p><p>

Director - Alister Grierson</p><p>

Genre- Crime</p><p>

Rating- R</p><p>

Plot:</p><p>

The movie starts with a scene in a university lecture hall. The lecturer is explaining how the people can influence political decision making in ways other than by voting in elections. At this point Dwayne Rivers (Armie Hammer)interrupts the lecturer (without raising his hand, which surprises the lecturer, and makes Rivers’ fellow students look at him) and starts arguing that the petitions and peaceful protests that the lecturer just mentioned do **** all (his language is colourful, using swear words to eschew obfuscation about his arguments without at any point becoming too foul-mouthed to be taken seriously). He charismatically points out that despite mass protests in Europe, no government there changed its mind on participating in the Iraq war. He points out that “occupy wherever” creates headlines, but no real change. He points out that the true changes take place in the middle east. In Egypt and Libya. In Syria. He then states that in modern times, people need more than just peaceful methods to get changes. The lecturer then cuts him off, saying that he can’t condone calls for violence in his lectures, after which he continues his lecture.</p><p>

After the lecture, Rivers is approached by Marcus Carroll (Jordan Masterson) who says he fully agrees with Rivers points. Carroll talks about having become disillusioned with grass roots movements (which he has been a member of) because of their lack of results, and lobby groups (like greenpeace though not group gets mentioned by name) as their main concern seems to be their image while also paying their top employees quite a lot of money). Rivers then invites Carroll over to get a few beers at his place at night, where he will then introduce Carroll to someone likeminded.</p><p>

Carroll agrees and is introduced by Rivers to Kanal Krishnan (Dev Patel). There’s a click between the three of them, and in this scene they talk about their backgrounds. Krishnan is the son of a politician from India. He has slightly fallen out with his father because of his father’s views on income (in)equality. His father sucked up to the factory owners without giving a shit (this scene has a lot of swearing (which increases as the scene progresses/as more beers have been consumed). Krishnan has only slightly fallen out with his father because he never really told him how much his dad disgusts him, and he has no intention to do so as it’s his father who is paying for his studies.</p><p>

Marcus Carroll talks about being raised by some wannabe hippies who he accuses of being primarily interested in smoking a lot of weed. He has spent a lot of time doing telemarketing work to be able to study without getting in too much debt. His experiences in this sector have taught him that companies will use every method they can to **** people over.</p><p>

Rivers is vague about his background. Dead father, deadbeat mother. On his suggestion plans are made to start take revenge on the companies they despise. Various plans are discussed, and eventually they settle on kidnapping Tanya Hansen (Mischa Barton), the socialite daughter of the CEO of a big oil company.</p><p>

And so it happens. On Saturday night Rivers and Krishnan (both wearing skimasks) steal a limousine (without killing the driver). They get to the city center and pick up Hansen who is used to being brought home by limousine. They bind and gag her and drive her to a house which Carroll has rented for this specific purpose. They put her in the basement and the movie shows them agreeing to demand fifty million for her (the demand is obviously sent to her father) but treat her humanely while she’s in their power.</p><p>

A few months pass. Newsflashes show how the kidnapping is a leading story in the media. Her father is seen to reject the demand made by the three. At first because he does not want to negotiate or cooperate with criminals, though it eventually becomes evident that he won’t do it because the police will not allow him to. It also becomes evident that the people’s support is with the three kidnappers (who the media are calling the Extrademocratical Freedom Squad (EDS)). Partially because of their ideals, partially because of the stiff and loveless attitude of Hansen’s father and the police.</p><p>

In between these newsflashes, the three are seen attempting to brainwash Hansen (at first Hansen is shown to make physical attempts to escape from her bonds, or to fight her captors when they allow her to go to the toilet. Later on this behavior decreases and eventually stops). Krishnan is using rational arguments to convert her. Carroll is using his anger, shouting a constant stream of abuse in her ears. And Rivers is using his charm: of course he uses arguments like Krishnan, but in a far warmer, less academic way than Krishnan. Eventually, after the final newsflash of Hansen’s father rejecting the ransom demand because of police pressure, Rivers is seen trying to convert Hansen (who by this point is looking dirty but sexy wearing torn and ragged clothing):</p><p>

“The three of us are willing to fight for what we believe in. Fight for what we love. You know this, you haven’t been fighting us for weeks. You agree with us. How often has your father not ignored you because of his work? And this is not just your father’s fault. It’s the way of our society. it’s the way of our economy. It’s the way of our world. Right now, your father is doing what the man, what the world is telling him to do like a good little puppy. He does not love you enough to fight for you. He probably doesn’t love you at all. And if you think that is wrong. If you think he should love you. You should make up your mind. Do you want to stand by and do nothing, or do you want to make a change? Make up your mind and help us fight the man. Make up your mind and fight the injustice. Make up your mind and make this world a better place.”</p><p>

She drops her head for a few seconds and then looks up. Rivers kisses her, and she doesn’t resist.</p><p>

In the next scene, the three are talking to each other in the presence of Hansen. They have money worries as the rent and the food they have to buy for Hansen is something they cannot afford anymore (they had expected to have the ransom money by now, which would also mean they wouldn’t have the additional expenses. To everyone’s surprise it’s Hansen who suggests they rob a bank. After all, that way they can get money, while simultaneously hurting the kind of company which has brought the western world into an economic crisis.</p><p>

The three like the idea, but they discover that they’re a person short. They need someone to drive the getaway car, two people for crowd control and someone who forces the bankmanager to open the safe and give them the much needed cash. At this point Hansen says she has made up her mind and wants to fully participate. Carroll and Krishnan don’t like this idea at all, but Rivers is fine with this and convinces the other two (though they do insist that Hansen has to do crowd control to limit her escape options).</p><p>

The big day. Rivers, Krishnan and Hansen get to the bank (Carroll is the getaway driver). Hansen and Rivers are seen to be holding hands. When they’re in the middle of the bank they pull out some guns and start their plan. However, while Krishnan’s shouting at the bankmanager to open the safe, they hear sirens. The police had found out what was happening. Rivers moves for the door but sees it’s too late. The three get themselves and a couple of hostages behind the counter to limit chances of being shot. Hansen is seen kissing Rivers, promising she won’t leave his side. At this point, the police enter the building with a bang. Things are going fast. Krishnan jumps up and starts firing but is immediately shot dead. Rivers and Hansen look at each other, silently agreeing to go at the same time. They do so. Rivers is shot, and before the same happens to her, Hansen surrenders and starts to cry. (Carroll is nowhere to be seen)</p><p>

More newsflashes. First of course the news of the final showdown. Then video images (of the bank’s security cameras) of Hansen helping Rivers with crowd control (seemingly fully agreeing with the actions of the other two). Then a few flashes mentioning Stockholm syndrome. And finally, a press conference given by Hansen in which she states that she had no choice to participate. That it was the only way she could possibly get out. That they would have shot her if she hadn’t done that. That yes, she had fallen for Rivers, but that this was due to mental exhaustion. Due to Stockholm syndrome. That people have to make up their minds on who to trust; the well-adjusted people who are trying to make the world a pleasant place, or the criminals who bring death and destruction.</p><p>

Location- California</p><p>

Budget: 3,000,000</p><p>

Talent fee- </p><p>

pre-release: 2,125,000</p><p>

post release: 700,000+ 7%</p><p> </p><p>

Production- 475,000</p><p>

Marketing- 400,000</p><p>

Duration - 135 minutes</p>

<p>It seems as though interest has waned somewhat in this which is a shame as I love it. I have just been incredibly busy of late but I am currently working on something.</p><p> </p><p>

Goliath, my offer stands for helping out, even things like updating the spreadsheet and adding new actors/actresses...that kind of thing.</p><p> </p><p>

Let me know</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ayden" data-cite="Ayden" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It seems as though interest has waned somewhat in this which is a shame as I love it. I have just been incredibly busy of late but I am currently working on something.<p> </p><p> Goliath, my offer stands for helping out, even things like updating the spreadsheet and adding new actors/actresses...that kind of thing.</p><p> </p><p> Let me know</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I hear ya. Even as mostly a read-along, I've been enjoying this thread. Love cribbing some of these flicks when I'm playing Hollywood Mogul and some of the players come up with stuff that would be really fun to see. Like Wilhelm's movie he just proposed. Sounds like he was inspired by Patty Hearst and I could see that boding well for him in the real world.</p><p> </p><p> Also I will note that I'm still considering jumping in. I have ideas I'd love to try out in this format but I've been suffering from sticker shock looking at some of the contracts even cheaper talent have been getting.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Russelrules44" data-cite="Russelrules44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Don't worry, I'm not quitting. I just hit a roadblock on Movie 666.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Glad to hear it man</p><p> </p><p> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p> Title: Fables: The Last Castle</p><p> Rating: NC-17</p><p> Genre: Fantasy</p><p> Brief summary of the movie: This is the story of The Last Castle; the final battle between the remaining Fables, led by Colonel Bearskin and including fables like Robin Hood and Boy Blue, and the Adversarys army. The Adversary has been driving Fables out of their homeland for centuries. The Fable refugees have been seeking solace in real world New York (known as New Amsterdam at the time) but Colonel Bearskins army will defend the last castle until his final breath.</p><p> Amount you plan to spend on production: $1m</p><p> Amount you plan to spend on marketing: $1m</p><p> </p><p> Cast (Note: All cast will be promised roles in at least one other future Fables films unless otherwise stated)</p><p> </p><p> Boy Blue (Main Lead) - Zac Efron (Partial nudity, sex scene)</p><p> Red Riding Hood (Main Lead) - Isla Fisher (Topless nudity, sex scene)</p><p> Colonel Bearskin (Second Lead) - Cliff Curtis (No nudity, no future roles)</p><p> Bluebeard (Main support) - Ethan Hawke (No nudity)</p><p> Robin Hood (Main support) - Jeremy Renner (No nudity, must be ok with dressing like a woman in a scene, no future roles)</p><p> Lady Britomart (Main support) - Eliza Dushku (No nudity, no future roles, must die hair blonde)</p><p> Vulcro (Main support) - Aaron Paul (No nudity, minor future roles)</p><p> Count Aucassin de Beaucaire (Minor support) - Ryan Gosling (No nudity, no future roles)</p><p> Friar Tuck (Minor support) - Eric Stonestreet (No nudity, no future roles)</p><p> Tall John (Minor support) - Ty Burrell (No nudity, no future roles)</p><p> Snow White (Minor support) - Natalie Portman (No nudity in this film, big future roles)</p><p> Dr Swineheart (Minor support) - Gene Hackman (No nudity, future roles will be no bigger than minor support)</p><p> Prince Charming (Cameo) - Bradley Cooper (No nudity)</p><p> Cinderella (Cameo) - Brooklyn Decker (No nudity)</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> The cast is big but the story requires it and I am hoping the people with future roles will take a pay cut and realise that there will be more money as long as DC Comics plays ball on future adaptations. Also, I need to know if DC is happy with Efron as a lead. He isn't a HUGE star but he fits the bill of Boy Blue nearly perfectly</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Ayden" data-cite="Ayden" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36553" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Glad to hear it man<p> </p><p> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p> </p><p> Title: Fables: The Last Castle</p><p> Rating: NC-17</p><p> Genre: Comic Book/Action (Not sure if i have to mention its a comic book adaptation)</p><p> Brief summary of the movie: This is the story of The Last Castle; the final battle between the remaining Fables, led by Colonel Bearskin and including fables like Robin Hood and Boy Blue, and the Adversarys army. The Adversary has been driving Fables out of their homeland for centuries. The Fable refugees have been seeking solace in real world New York (known as New Amsterdam at the time) but Colonel Bearskins army will defend the last castle until his final breath.</p><p> Amount you plan to spend on production: $1m</p><p> Amount you plan to spend on marketing: $1m</p><p> </p><p> Cast (Note: All cast will be promised roles in at least one other future Fables films unless otherwise stated)</p><p> </p><p> Boy Blue (Main Lead) - Zac Efron (Partial nudity, sex scene)</p><p> Red Riding Hood (Main Lead) - Isla Fisher (Topless nudity, sex scene)</p><p> Colonel Bearskin (Second Lead) - Cliff Curtis (No nudity, no future roles)</p><p> Bluebeard (Main support) - Ethan Hawke (No nudity)</p><p> Robin Hood (Main support) - Jeremy Renner (No nudity, must be ok with dressing like a woman in a scene, no future roles)</p><p> Lady Britomart (Main support) - Eliza Dushku (No nudity, no future roles, must die hair blonde)</p><p> Vulcro (Main support) - Aaron Paul (No nudity, minor future roles)</p><p> Count Aucassin de Beaucaire (Minor support) - Ryan Gosling (No nudity, no future roles)</p><p> Friar Tuck (Minor support) - Eric Stonestreet (No nudity, no future roles)</p><p> Tall John (Minor support) - Ty Burrell (No nudity, no future roles)</p><p> Snow White (Cameo) - Natalie Portman (No nudity in this film, big future roles)</p><p> Prince Charming (Cameo) - Bradley Cooper (No nudity)</p><p> Cinderella (Cameo) - Brooklyn Decker (No nudity)</p><p> Dr Swineheart (Cameo) - Gene Hackman (No nudity, future roles will be no bigger than minor support)</p><p> </p><p> The cast is big but the story requires it and I am hoping the people with future roles will take a pay cut and realise that there will be more money as long as DC Comics plays ball on future adaptations. Also, I need to know if DC is happy with Efron as a lead. He isn't a HUGE star but he fits the bill of Boy Blue nearly perfectly</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Oh and director - Jon Favreau (He will direct any future Fables movies and if his price is right he can also have some creative control when it comes to casting)</p>