WWF: Glass Shatters

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/wwflogo.jpg

The World Wrestling Federation; for over fifty years, the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

That’s the tagline that precedes every show that the WWF airs, but is it really still true? A massive amount of wrestling fans would disagree.

The WWF had been airing WWF Monday Night Raw ever since 1993, but it was in 1995 that World Championship Wrestling finally fired a shot right across the nose by airing WCW Monday Nitro.

By now, the Monday Night War was looking like a massacre.

But in a twist, the WWF started coming back. By infusing some (as of yet unnamed) “Attitude” into their shows, the World Wrestling Federation started to make a dent in the armor of the old men that WCW were parading out week in and week out. When Glass Shatters, however, it doesn’t just break – it fragments. It goes in many different directions. Meaning a variety of different outcomes are possible anytime Glass Shatters.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/austin.jpg

Enter “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

With his own brand of hell-raising, Austin started single handedly brought the mainstream audience back in a way no one had seen since 1984. How many tail feathers can one man ruffle? The WWF were looking to try and find out. Unfortunately, things didn’t pan out with Brian Pillman, as his injuries and then untimely death meant there could not be a huge feud between the two former partners. But there were plenty more people to flip off where that came from.

Glass Shatters… and Austin 3:16 whips your ass.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/bret.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/shawn.jpg

Enter Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels.

What happened between these two men can never be put into the correct words. But one thing was for sure, the WWF would never be big enough for both of them, as well as Austin. The problem was how to get the title from one to the other? Austin had already beaten Bret, proven that he was the man in that case. He and Shawn had never had a straight ending to a match, and that was the money match. A slew of wrestlers left, feeling unsafe in their jobs and taking an early termination of their contracts in order to scatter. Rick Rude, Davey Boy Smith, and Jim Neidhart followed Bret to WCW; Brian Adams’s current employment status is unknown. Mick Foley took a few days off, but came back in the end. The blood feud between these two, which saw both men constantly sniping at one another, ends with the biggest bang in the world, as Bret is viciously thrown aside and Shawn is the man standing on top of the mountain.

Glass Shatters… and so do contracts.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/vince.jpg

Enter Vince McMahon.

Finally shedding his suit as the fuddy-duddy commentator and revealing himself as the owner of the WWF, with four words, Vince McMahon is now one of the most hated men in all of wrestling as he sent Bret Hart to World Championship Wrestling with a huge black mark – leading to Bret giving him a huge black eye.

Glass Shatters… and so do words.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/takervskane.jpg

Enter The Undertaker and Kane.

This storyline has been going on for almost a full year. From the time Paul Bearer started talking about a dark secret, The Undertaker has been fighting against the forces of Bearer trying to keep it hidden. When the arena turned red at In Your House: Badd Blood, Bearer brought forth the younger brother, Kane – who has ever since been trying to make life a living Hell for his brother. Will The Undertaker fight his brother?

Glass Shatters… and so does blood.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/owen.jpg

Enter Owen Hart.

The final Hart in the World Wrestling Federation, Owen finds himself in what has to be a precarious position. He no longer has the safety net of his family to stay behind, and looking ahead, the two men on top of the WWF are likely to want anything to do with him. Shawn Michaels will want to keep his distance, lest Owen try to exact some revenge; Steve Austin may steer clear due to avoiding the horrific spinal injury he suffered at Summerslam. Owen finds himself alone, a man almost without a country in the WWF, but still standing.

Glass Shatters… and so do bones.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/mnw.jpg

Enter the World Wrestling Federation into the fight that is the Monday Night War.

From Mankind trading names and faces to the Nation of Domination to “The World’s Most Dangerous Man” Ken Shamrock, it is make or break time – the time is right for the WWF to make themselves known and break WCW! Weeks and weeks in a row of losing the ratings war will not matter soon.

Glass Shatters… and so do streaks.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OumrgHwmdbE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

------------------------------------

From the desk of Vincent K. McMahon:

“Let’s just get this out of the way, right off the bat.

Bret screwed Bret.

If you don’t know what the Montreal Screwjob is, then you have been under a rock, because on November 9th, 1997, I – Vincent Kennedy McMahon – took matters into my own hands and reshaped the wrestling world. I did it because you don’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, dammit. Let him and his brothers-in-law go rot down south where all of those other guys who wouldn’t do business went to die. A few others have walked out, but who needs them; guys like Rick Rude, Brian Adams, Jim Neidhart, Davey Boy Smith. I have no need of people like them. I have the new booming stars of the world under my roof; Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Triple H, The Undertaker. Those are the people that wrestling fans will care about, and even if we lose a few along the way by pushing the envelope further than ever before, let them go watch the nursing home show that they put on against us. All of our new stars are bringing in new fans, and they will be our base for destroying that smug little punk Eric. We could probably still even get something out of that big load, Vader, if we have to. With Austin against Shawn as a lock for WrestleMania, Shawn will know better than anyone what happens if he doesn’t agree to lay down on this one. Along with Undertaker against Kane, we may be looking at one of the biggest and best Manias in years. Owen didn’t want to leave, so I guess there’s still one brain left in the Hart family as to where their bread is buttered.

The message to everyone is clear as glass. If you don’t do what the boss says, you can get the hell out.

Now that everyone knows I am the power in the World Wrestling Federation, no longer will I have to hide behind a microphone. Jim Ross can handle commentary just fine without me, though I’ll still make sure to be in his ear to make sure he pushes the stories instead of the boring athletic backgrounds of the wrestlers.

Yes, the World Wrestling Federation may not have the ratings war right now, but we are definitely going to have it soon… wait, what’s this paper?”

From the Medical Offices of the World Wrestling Federation

Mr. McMahon:

We regret to inform you that one of your employees will be unable to fulfill his duties in the future. Due to a complication from his recent injury, it is of the utmost urgency that one Mr. Steve Austin never participates in an athletic contest ever again, lest he risk further injury, paralysis, and perhaps even death. We have told him already, and he has been given a medical leave from his contract with you. You may keep him on contract, or you may buy the remaining amount of his contract out, plus severance; that option is yours. But failure to comply with this leave and his now retired status will result in lawsuits being filed against you, your business, your family, and anyone else involved. We apologize for any inconveniences.

Thank you for your understanding;

WWF Medical

“GOD DAMMIT.”

Glass Shatters… and everything you think you know changes in an instant.

The World Wrestling Federation as of December 1st, 1997

Owner: Vince McMahon

Size: National

Ranking: 1st

Style: McMahon’s Entertainment

Prestige: 90

Momentum: 77

PPV: Worldwide broadcast on DirecTV

Television Shows:

WWF Raw is War / Warzone (Monday night at Primetime on USA Network and TSN, Friday at Primetime on Sky Sports)

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night (Saturday at Late Night on Syndication)

World Wrestling Federation Champions

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/world.jpg

WWF World Heavyweight Championship

Held by: Shawn Michaels (3)

Prestige: A* - Main Event

Reign Began: November 9th, 1997, Survivor Series 1997

Defeated: Bret Hart

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/ic.jpg

WWF Intercontinental Championship

Held by: Steve Austin (2)

Prestige: B- - Floating

Reign Began: November 9th, 1997, Survivor Series 1997

Defeated: Owen Hart

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/euro.jpg

WWF European Championship

Held by: Shawn Michaels (1)

Prestige: C – Midcard

Reign Began: September 20th, 1997, One Night Only

Defeated: Davey Boy Smith

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/tag.jpg

WWF World Tag Team Championship

Held by: The New Age Outlaws (1)

Prestige: C+ - Floating

Reign Began: November 24th, 1997, WWF Raw is War

Defeated: The Legion of Doom

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/lhw.jpg

WWF Light Heavyweight Championship

Held by: TBD

Prestige: D-

Title will be determined at WWF In Your House: D-Generation X on December 6th, 1997

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/kotr.jpg

WWF King of the Ring

Held in June

1997 – Hunter Hearst Helmsley

1996 – Steve Austin

1995 – Mabel

1994 – Owen Hart

1993 – Bret Hart

1991 – Bret Hart

1989 – Tito Santana

1988 – Ted DiBiase

1987 – Randy Savage

1986 – Harley Race

1985 – Don Muraco

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/rumble.jpg

WWF Royal Rumble

Held in January

1997 – Steve Austin

1996 – Shawn Michaels

1995 – Shawn Michaels

1994 – Bret Hart/Lex Luger

1993 – Yokozuna

1992 – Ric Flair

1991 – Hulk Hogan

1990 – Hulk Hogan

1989 – Big John Studd

1988 – Jim Duggan

Faces on the Left

Heels on the Right

Main Eventers

“The Phenom” The Undertaker

“The Mastodon” Vader

The Three Faces of Foley

Kane – managed by Paul Bearer

“The Heartbreak Kid” Shawn Michaels – managed by Chyna

“The Rock” Rocky Miavia

“Triple H” Hunter Hearst Helmsley – managed by Chyna

Upper Midcarders

“Pearl River Powerhouse” Ahmed Johnson

Animal

Hawk

“The World’s Most Dangerous Man” Ken Shamrock

“Bad Ass” Billy Gunn

Faarooq

“The Artist Formerly Known As” Goldust – managed by Luna Vachon

“Double J” Jeff Jarrett

“Road Dog” Jesse James

Midcarders

Bart Gunn

Blackjack Bradshaw

Blackjack Windham

Bob “Spark Plugg” Holly

Chainz

Mosh

Steve Blackman

Thrasher

D’Lo Brown

Henry O. Godwinn

“Marvelous” Marc Mero – managed by Sable

Phineas I. Godwinn

Savio Vega

Lower Midcarders

8-Ball

Flash Funk

Skull

Taka Michinoku

Kurrgan – managed by The Jackal

Recon – managed by The Jackal

Tiger Ali Singh

Openers

Aguila

Al Snow

Scott Taylor

“Too Sexy” Brian Christopher

Miguel Perez Jr.

Enhancement Talent

Prince Albert

Occasional Wrestlers

Chainsaw Charlie

Brooklyn Brawler

Luna Vachon

Managers

Marlena

Sable

Sunny

Chyna

Paul Bearer

The Jackal

Referees

Chad Patton

Earl Hebner – Senior WWF Official

Mike Chioda

Tim White

Assorted Staff

Bruce Pritchard

Dave Hebner

Freddie Blassie

Gerald Brisco

Gorilla Monsoon

Honky Tonk Man

Howard Finkel

Jack Lanza

Jerry “The King” Lawler

Jim Cornette

Jim Ross

Michael Cole

Pat Patterson

Sgt. Slaughter (on-air WWF Commissioner)

Vince Russo

On Leave

“The World's Strongest Man” Mark Henry (healing up nagging injuries)

Owen Hart (“grieving time”)

The Patriot (injured; Damaged Cruciate Ligament, out for one year, six months)

“Stone Cold” Steve Austin (medical leave of absence)

Tag Teams / Stables

D-Generation X: Chyna, Shawn Michaels, Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Los Boricuas: Miguel Perez Jr., Savio Vega

The Disciples of Apocalypse: 8-Ball, Chainz, Skull

The Godwinns: Henry O. Godwinn, Phineas I. Godwinn

The Headbangers: Mosh, Thrasher

The Legion of Doom: Animal, Hawk

The Nation of Domination: D’Lo Brown, Faarooq, Kama Mustafa, Rocky Miavia

The New Age Outlaws: Billy Gunn, Jesse James

The New Blackjacks: Blackjack Bradshaw, Blackjack Windham

The Truth Commission: Kurrgan, Recon, The Jackal

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/iyhdx.jpg

WWF In Your House: D-Generation X card thus far

WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Shawn Michaels w/Chyna vs. Ken Shamrock

??? Match: Sgt. Slaughter vs. Triple H w/Chyna

WWF Light Heavyweight Championship finals!

So! Writer's notes time! Welcome to the post-Montreal era!

First and foremost, at this point in time this diary will be a side project of WCW. I don't really plan to update it AS frequently, though if I start having a lot of fun at it, then I might.

I have had this idea in my mind for quite some time now, and I'm going to try to see it through. I have never played as the WWF in TEW since like TEW04, so this should be an interesting experience for all of us! That said, however, I lived through the Attitude Era, so I'm pretty sure I have a good grasp on everything enough to write it pretty well!

My format here will be in the vein of The Final Countdown's Let There Be War: A WCW Tale, where my user character is Vince McMahon and all shows will be written from his perspective unless otherwise noted.

I made a few changes to the game before I started.

1. I imported the USA locations from The Main Event mod, as it’s the only one that uses the same naming scheme as this. That way it would fill in the states that have gaps in them. This means if there's a building that was deconstructed and replaced between 1988 and 1998, well, sorry, but it will be there.

2. I fixed up things that were mentioned in the MA thread. Before such a thing gets possibly accused, I did not touch any stats, let alone lifestyles.

3. Imported files: Match file by Slim Jim, iNSPIRED Angle pack by Idolized, and [M]Gimmicks by Mammoth. All of my standards, along with a few other angles along the way that I like to use.

4. I have used both the “Sophie” and “Psycho Sermon” codes. Playing as Vince McMahon, it just seemed right to have them both available from the get-go.

5. And of course, the obvious thing that you just found out about at the same time that Vince did…

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WWF Show History

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="

https://www.youtube.com/embed/1mN88nfqr_k?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shows Listing: Pre-Attitude

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 12/1/1997

WWF D-Generation X: In Your House - 12/7/1997

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 12/8/1997

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 12/15/1997

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 12/22/1997

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 1/5/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 1/12/1998

MCI Presents the 1998 WWF Royal Rumble - 1/19/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 1/19/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 1/26/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 2/2/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 2/9/1998

Western Union presents WWF No Way Out of Texas: In Your House #12 - 2/9/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 2/16/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 2/23/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 3/2/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 3/9/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 3/16/1998

WWF Raw is War/War Zone + Shotgun Saturday Night - 3/23/1998

M&Ms presents WWF WrestleMania XIV: d-X Raided - 3/29/1998

<iframe width="320" height="180" src="

https://www.youtube.com/embed/vJbRhOOQYbY?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So did Austin get injured in game or is this a storyline swerve to make this unique?

Just to answer this one before I forget and lose it - it's just the way I set up the game. But I have him set to retired, with active roles changed and everything.

Thanks everyone, and I'm glad to see TFC on board. Means he doesn't mind that I'm going to steal his format :p

Just to answer this one before I forget and lose it - it's just the way I set up the game. But I have him set to retired, with active roles changed and everything.

Thanks everyone, and I'm glad to see TFC on board. Means he doesn't mind that I'm going to steal his format :p

That'll sure make this interesting :D Just make Steve Blackman the new Steve Austin.

Isn't this around the time he broke his neck(thanks Owen) anyway?

#PushCena #PushJeffHardy

I definitely don't mind. So long as my royalty check is in the mail, that is! :D

Hmm, so Austin will still be around as a non-wrestling character? That has the potential for some really interesting storylines.

That'll sure make this interesting :D Just make Steve Blackman the new Steve Austin.

I echo this. LETHAL WEAPON BABY! Another good option could be Ken Shamrock, when he was at his height he was super over. I'm really interested to see where you go with this.

It can't be any worse than that crappy WCW game you have going :p

WWF Raw is War / War Zone - 12/1/1997

<iframe width="460" height="259" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vuOit-fwhHs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

“Last week on WWF Raw is War! The New Age Outlaws found a way to steal the World Wrestling Federation Tag Team championships from the Legion of Doom! The new champions will be in the arena tonight, but will the former champions have revenge on their mind?”

December 1st, 1997 (mostly taped from November 25th, 1997)

Held at: Roanoke Civic Center in Roanoke, Virginia (Mid-Atlantic)

Attendance: 10,000 (sell out!)

Show Runtime: Two Hours (with four minute overlap)

Rating: B- – This show increased our popularity in 7 regions, but lost popularity in 13 regions.

Pre-Show: The Undertaker and Mankind d. The Godwinns. (B-)

After the opening video and pyro, we go to Jim Ross and Jim Cornette on commentary, where they talk about D-Generation X being here for comments later, as well as telling fans to stick around for later tonight when Triple H faces Ken Shamrock.

Rating: D+

They get interrupted by the sound of the New Age Outlaw’s music, as Road Dog and “Bad Ass” Billy Gunn come down to the ring. We’re working to eliminate the “Jesse James” part of his name, but for now we can let it slide that he says it on the way to the ring. The new champs are out to talk about how the L.O.D. are O.L.D., and that if they can get out of the nursing home on Sunday, December 6th, then they get their return match at In Your House. James really knows how to work the mic, but Billy didn’t do very well without some pointers backstage. Just when Road Dog starts to talk about their match tonight with the Headbangers, out of the crowd come the Legion of Doom, and the Outlaws take off. That was pretty damn funny watching them run off like that, I think Billy even fell down like he was running from one of those masked slasher villains! Hawk seemed pretty underwhelming here though, swinging around at the Outlaws like a big ape. The message was made pretty clear, the Legion of Doom aren’t done with the Outlaws.

Ratings: C / D+

Jerry “The King” Lawler steps into the ring now and brings out The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust as well as Luna Vachon. Luna leads Goldust down on a leash, and he spends the whole interview crawling around her feet like a dog. Luna does all the talking, saying that the duo is sure Vader will want revenge after they basically cost him the match last week against Shawn Michaels, but they don’t care about that; because if he can’t get over a little spilled coffee, then he shouldn’t mess with The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust, because that’s how they do business. Luna’s improvisation was done well, but her performance wasn’t very well received. We may just stick to Dustin doing the talking from now on. Luna helps the image, but he’s weird enough on his own.

Rating: C-

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/recon.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/miguel.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/chainz.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/dlobrown.jpg

Our opening match of the show was a four-way elimination match featuring a member of each of the four warring gangs, with Recon, Miguel Perez Jr., Chainz, and D’Lo Brown. The Jackal joined commentary rather than stand by at ringside, and that’s damn good because the commentary was the only worthwhile part of this match. We really need somewhere we can send guys who aren’t quite ready for the fans to see, because Chainz was getting booed just for entering the ring and they were yelling “don’t come back” at Recon the whole time. The match was kept short, as Perez was eliminated first by a frog splash from D’Lo, then Recon by a chokeslam from Chainz, then D’Lo got pinned after a chokeslam as well. After the match, 8-Ball, Skull, Savio Vega, and Kurrgan got involved in a big brawl, as the Nation members turned and walked away. The whole mess really killed the crowd’s mood, and that’s the last thing we need. I’m blaming Russo for all of this.

Match Time: 5:23

Ratings: D- / E

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/ahmedjohnson.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/jeffjarrett.jpg

Jim Ross’s announcing saved another one next, as Jeff Jarrett didn’t even step into the ring for his match against Ahmed Johnson. Instead, he talked his way around the ring, saying that he and Ahmed had some “past history” (referencing their feud from about two years ago) but that he didn’t care at all about this one because he’s a bigger star than he was back then, and shouldn’t have to step in the ring with a piece of street trash like Johnson, and so despite protests from Ahmed, Jarrett was counted out. The fans were a disappointed, but the match was more meant to put over the angle that followed, as WWF Commissioner Sgt. Slaughter came out and stopped Jarrett from leaving. He said that Jeff is right, he doesn’t have to wrestle tonight – but he will be wrestling at In Your House this Sunday, and “The Sarge” has called in a special request for his opponent: the wild man, Cactus Jack! Jarrett is not pleased, but the crowd is happy about it. Slaughter’s improvising certainly left much to the imagination, though, as he stumbled around lines, and who has ever called Cactus “wild man”?

Match Time: 2:34

Ratings: D+ / D

After a commercial break (so that Slaughter wasn’t still out there) D-Generation X came out to the stage, Chyna wheeling the World champion out in a wheelchair. Triple H started off, saying that he isn’t afraid of any match that “Sgt. Slobber” can come up with for In Your House: D-Generation X, adding that after the match he should still have enough left after winning the match to take Slaughter’s old lady and show her the night of her life. A little crass, sure, but we have to make the buyrate somewhere. Shawn is in the wheelchair because he says he’s been strengthening his ankles all week, leading to Triple H twisting his ankle completely around (a fake leg under the blanket) as he fakes grimacing in pain. He says that this should keep him from having to tap out in the ankle lock should Shamrock get lucky enough to put it on him. Shawn also mentions that he’s giving Hunter an early Christmas present, and with a hilarious joke about “grabbing his package” from under the blanket he pulls out a gift wrapped box. Triple H rips it open, and inside is the WWF European title. Shawn says that he’s not usually one for re-gifting, but it won’t gather as much dust on Hunter’s waist as it did on Shawn’s. These two really riled the crowd up, improvising well with one another. Shawn especially came across well, and it also gets the title changed without any fussing from Shawn losing it to anyone.

Rating: C+

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/billygunn.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/jessejames.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/thrasher.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/mosh.jpg

In a non-title match, the New Age Outlaws met the Headbangers. Again, the announcing quality of this one really helped, as Ross really helps anything he does. The match had some really solid action, but the crowd knew the Outlaws would be winning so they didn’t really care much. The end was by disqualification, as the Legion of Doom rushed the ring to attack the Outlaws, sending them back to the locker rooms again. Mosh and Thrasher stopped Hawk and Animal from leaving to chase, complaining that the LOD cost them their match, which Jim Ross mentioned could have put them ahead in the title picture, but in their anger the Legion of Doom attacked them, hitting Mosh with the Doomsday Device, motioning that they’ll be getting their titles back soon.

Match Time: 8:28

Ratings: D+ / D

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/takamichinoku.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/aguila.jpg

In our last short match of the first hour, Mr. Aguila met Taka whats-his-name in our little bastard title tournament. At least JR’s announcing helped the match, because the match wasn’t really long enough to be anything important. We kept it short because nobody cared. The best part was the little minx Sunny coming out to join commentary for the match. Moving on.

Match Time: 4:59

Rating: D-

Note: Taka won, by the way.

We come back at 10pm with the opening for WWF War Zone, where we have replaced Cornette with Jerry Lawler on commentary. He and JR talked about the main event later with Triple H against Ken Shamrock, JR saying that he hoped Shamrock broke Hunter’s ankles, while Lawler sided with DX, saying Ken may not make it to this Sunday night. Jerry did a very poor job out there, but Ross improvised well enough to hopefully keep the home crowd excited.

Rating: D+

Some sad sack is in the ring for the other semi-final match in the little bastard title tournament, but the match doesn’t even happen because Paul Bearer and Kane interrupt and destroy that shrimp. Kane came out of this looking fantastic, but that little kid in the ring with him killed the segment by looking dreadful. Paul gets the microphone, and… he immediately blows it. We are definitely handing him a script to memorize next week, because this was horrible. He got the point across, that Kane is big, mean, scarred, and wants The Undertaker in the ring, but he did a goddamn terrible job of it. It’s a good thing these two seem to have good chemistry together, or else I’d have Kane chokeslam Paul to Hell and be done with him.

Ratings: D+ / C+

Note: That “little shrimp” was Scott Taylor.

Jim Cornette is backstage for a sit-down interview, with Sable! Oh yeah, now we’re talking! WCW Nitro may have a big heel turn for big, fat Giant going on over on TNT, but we have Sable! Look at those curves… oh, and that guy is here, too. That guy who follows her around looking jealous at everyone. Mike something. Mike blathers on badly that he’s the star of their team, because Sable has never done any shooting star presses or won any titles. Sable doesn’t say anything, just sits there looking like the sweet piece that she is. Cornette works the crowd well by improvising, which is good but the only thing that anyone needs in this segment was Sable in her black cleavage dress.

Rating: C-

I went out to the ring for the next segment for what JR called a “State of Raw Address.” I said that all the people backstage need to learn their place, and due to Austin’s lack of submitting to my will over the past few months – his ass has been FIRED! I got some huge heel heat from that, and even more when I told them that they will never see him on World Wrestling Federation programming again, or my name isn’t Vincent Kennedy McMahon! I also added that I would be deciding the state of the WWF Intercontinental Championship this Sunday at In Your House. This was the best segment of the night; and for good reason because it was ME!

Rating: B

To let the crowd cool down a bit, we had an announcement graphic showing that due to Kane destroying that midget, he lost his little bastard title match by forfeit, so Brian Christopher meets Taka whats-his-name at In Your House: D-Generation X for the title.

Rating: E

Michael Cole meets up at the interview fence to talk to the Nation of Domination. The Rock interrupts Faarooq and does all the talking, but apparently Rocky isn’t very suited for this one because without a script he doesn’t seem to know how to close the segment. His performance is fantastic though, putting down everyone (including Faarooq in an off-hand, sly way) while making himself look like the greatest star in the world. Cole just looked out of his league here, mumbling nervously the whole time without a script. That little turd needs a lot of work. The Rock makes a comment that against Vader next, his Intercontinental title will not be on the line.

Rating: D

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/vader.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/rockymiavia.jpg

“The Mastodon” Vader meets The Rock in the ring now, and JR really helps the match by knocking Rocky the whole time for trying to say the title was on the line, when the belt isn’t his. Lawler gives the “possession is nine-tenths of the law” routine. This ends up being the best match of the evening, as it features some good action as well as some average crowd heat – for some reason I guess people still like Vader enough to cheer him on. I told them to go ahead and have a full match, compared to what Russo suggested of it only going about two minutes. The ending saw Vader about to put The Rock away with the Vader Bomb, when The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust come to the top of the ramp, inciting Vader by blowing kisses at him. Vader chases Goldust clear backstage, leading to Rock getting the victory – even if he doesn’t look like much of a winner laying on the mat.

Match Time: 11:40

Rating: B-

We have what is touted as “first ever footage on Raw” of the ending of the Survivor Series, where I sent Bret Hart packing while Shawn Michaels had him in the sharpshooter.

Rating: B

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/hunter.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/wwf-s/chyna.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/vs.jpghttp://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/kenshamrock.jpg

The main event featured Ken Shamrock going up against Shawn Michaels’s D-Generation X buddy, Triple H. The crowd is good for this one, but despite it being a great match, these two were all over the place against one another. JR helped this awkward match a lot from commentary. Hunter really helps to prepare Ken for his big pay-per-view main event debut, giving him a good run due to some cheating from Chyna on the outside. But this one is all about making Shamrock look like a huge threat, and he reverses the Pedigree into the ankle lock to get a tap out win. Shawn runs out to try and lay a beatdown on Shamrock after the bell, but Sgt. Slaughter comes out to even the odds. Which would be great except he looked horrible, waddling around while he tried to put Hunter in the Cobra Clutch, yelling at him “Boot Camp match, Boot Camp match”. Shawn looked like a million bucks while selling the ankle lock, as the show goes off the air with DX held in the two submission holds.

Match Time: 16:28

Ratings: C+ / C+

<iframe width="220" height="165" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MMFuAyufkvw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WWF Shotgun Saturday Night

Announcers: Jim Ross and Jim Cornette

Rating: C+

Jim Ross and Jim Cornette open the show talking about Shawn Michaels and Ken Shamrock’s match tomorrow night. (C-)

Brian Christopher and Mr. Aguila get a tainted pinfall victory over Taka Michinoku and Scott Taylor. (D-)

Raw is Recap: Most of the Vader vs. The Rock match is shown again, including Goldust costing Vader the win. ©

Ken Shamrock gets a tap out victory with the ankle lock over the Brooklyn Brawler. (D)

Jerry “The King” Lawler is shown winning his semi-finals “match” in the Karate Fighters Tournament. The finals are at In Your House tomorrow night! (C+)

Raw is Recap: Goldust and Luna talk about Vader. (C-)

Dude Love defeats Marc Mero following a distraction from Sable, as she was talking to some fans in the front row. (C+)

Mero starts yelling at Sable, until the Dude steps in and sends Mero away with a few punches and a big clothesline over the top rope! (C+)

Raw is Recap: D-Generation X talk about Sgt. Slaughter and Ken Shamrock, then have a failed attack on the two at the end of the night. Can Shawn and Hunter defeat these odds at the show named after them tomorrow night? (B-)

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u628/beejus1/wwf-1/signature1.jpg

I'm on board especially since I got in too late on your WCW diary.

First show was excellent and digging the "director's commentary" recap pioneered by TFC.

One complaint: the roster page is a little messed up with the left/right justifications (because they don't show up on the same line)

Archived