TEW16: Your Big Project?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been having fun with PGHW lately...a promotion that I'd only recently come to love. Normally, I go TCW all the way. I'm wondering if maybe my big game will a tri-fold: PGHW/TCW/NOTBPW Alliance.

They seem pretty complimentary to one another and talent exchanges could be money makers for all 3 parties.

I could see Kozue as the PGHW Ace, Wolf Hawkins as the TCW Ace, and NOTBPW will need to crown a new guy to take over for the Stones/McFly/Bloodstone (who are all the wrong side of 40)... I'm wondering if they invest in a KC Glenn or Steven Parker type of young guy.

Can heels be aces? Seems as though it should be possible... Ric Flair comes to mind as an example of a guy who, in his prime, was generally more over and more central to the promotions he was in than any of the guys he fought. (And then there's late '90s tweener central...)

I mean, as of January '14, Steve DeColt seems like NOTBPW's main guy by a wide margin. He's 3 points of Canadian popularity ahead of part-timer Dan Stone, and 12 points ahead of the highest-pop full-time face (McFly.) 9 points ahead of the champion Bloodstone, but of course Bloodstone's a heel too. And of course, Steve's charisma is way ahead of those guys'.

(Tommy Cornell also has a decent claim to being the face of his company, but you can at least make a plausible argument for Rocky Golden.)

For that matter, does the face of the company have to be an active worker? For example, could Sam Strong (assuming he's still around as of '16) be the face of USPW? Nicky Champion's an okay choice, don't get me wrong, but my sense has always been that, even now, USPW's overall story revolves around Strong.

Can heels be aces? Seems as though it should be possible... Ric Flair comes to mind as an example of a guy who, in his prime, was generally more over and more central to the promotions he was in than any of the guys he fought. (And then there's late '90s tweener central...)

I mean, as of January '14, Steve DeColt seems like NOTBPW's main guy by a wide margin. He's 3 points of Canadian popularity ahead of part-timer Dan Stone, and 12 points ahead of the highest-pop full-time face (McFly.) 9 points ahead of the champion Bloodstone, but of course Bloodstone's a heel too. And of course, Steve's charisma is way ahead of those guys'.

(Tommy Cornell also has a decent claim to being the face of his company, but you can at least make a plausible argument for Rocky Golden.)

For that matter, does the face of the company have to be an active worker? For example, could Sam Strong (assuming he's still around as of '16) be the face of USPW? Nicky Champion's an okay choice, don't get me wrong, but my sense has always been that, even now, USPW's overall story revolves around Strong.

I wouldn't think disposition would factor into whether someone could be a figurehead. I would also think that it wouldn't necessarily be the most over worker or the best talker or the most charismatic either. I'd think it would be the complete package. Personally, there's no way a DeColt could be the figurehead of NOTBPW, in my mind. Yeah yeah, I know the story but it would have to be a Stone (naturally or by marriage) so Dan, Jezza (if retired/non-active wrestlers are possible) or, most likely, Sean McFly. It would be like Dan DaLay being the figurehead of CGC. No way, José. But, I'd also think that your ace would have to be able to affect your promotion's fortunes in an active manner. So for that reason, I think (though obviously, I don't know yet) it would have to be an active worker.

Hmmm, gives me an idea for a thread.....

My first big project will be expanding my Battleground Of Immortals mod, especially adding more Brits, Europeans, and Aussies to the project (Brits and Europeans arent a major problem, but Aussie is a bit of a pain).

I spend most of TEW13 trying to take down 21CW so i'm going to start 16 by switching sides. I want to make them as big as possible and create the British Wrestling Network to sell their matches across the world.

Wade Orson usually becomes my main guy in British games so I imagine he'll be my long term figurehead unless Mark Adonis gets a great destiny roll.

I'll be a new player so I'm going to need to start with the pre-built rosters and stuff to learn the ropes, no pun intended. After that, I have two plans.

One, it'll be fun to book the InVasion. Don't know if a mod for that exists or if there's just a general Monday night wars mod that one could easily adapt to it.

Two, I have an idea to go to the mid-Hulkamania era and turn the WWF into a promotion built around six-man-tags. Semi-historic, semi-fantasy.. the trios would be made from teams that already existed as such, like the later era of Demolition, or building groups that make thematic sense like adding Repo Man to Money Inc, or teaming Undertaker and Jake Roberts (which was an awesome alliance albeit short-lived) with another supernatural character like Papa Shango. Hopefully that will be possible.

I have like two posts on this board and both of them are whining about the prospects of booking a six-man division seeming pretty grim according to the dev diary thread...honest, I'm not that much of a downer. :)

Ive mentioned a storyline I done in 2013 but this year im going to make it a year long thing.

Going to start my game from the Monday after Mania, Roman losing the championship on the monday after RAW.

Given a rematch the week after on the condition that if he loses he wont be given another title shot for a year, he loses.

Roman begins teaming with Ambrose vs the LON, Authoritys choices Big Show and Kane, before embarking on a run to become the WWE Tag Team Champions, eventually defeating the New Day at my June PPV.

Successfully defending the title until summerslam when they come up against the Usos. for a month prior i will have Roman preparing to turn, saying hes better than just being a tag team wrestler.

Roman turns on Dean at SummerSlam helping his cousins The Usos win the tag team titles, a post match 3 on 1 attack on Dean turns the trio Heel.

Roman refers to his real name - Leati Anoa'i and he and the Usos begin the Heel stable -Aiga which google tells me means family in Samoan.

Leati and Dean have a long rivalry until Dean teams with New Day (now face) to face Aiga at Survivor Series, Aiga win.

Leati turns his attention to the Intercontinental Championship, winning it and immediately vacating the belt saying it isnt the championship he wants, he will have another World Championship match and to get it he will win the Royal Rumble.

Leati wins the Rumble, at Fast Lane another famous member of the famly returns and wins the World Heavyweight Championship, The Rock!

Rock denounces his relations to Leati and Leati tells the rock he will defeat him at WrestleMania and claim what is rightfully his,

Mania comes and i have no idea whether to continue to have Leati and the Usos remain heel or to turn them bacl

Ive mentioned a storyline I done in 2013 but this year im going to make it a year long thing.

Going to start my game from the Monday after Mania, Roman losing the championship on the monday after RAW.

Given a rematch the week after on the condition that if he loses he wont be given another title shot for a year, he loses.

Roman begins teaming with Ambrose vs the LON, Authoritys choices Big Show and Kane, before embarking on a run to become the WWE Tag Team Champions, eventually defeating the New Day at my June PPV.

Successfully defending the title until summerslam when they come up against the Usos. for a month prior i will have Roman preparing to turn, saying hes better than just being a tag team wrestler.

Roman turns on Dean at SummerSlam helping his cousins The Usos win the tag team titles, a post match 3 on 1 attack on Dean turns the trio Heel.

Roman refers to his real name - Leati Anoa'i and he and the Usos begin the Heel stable -Aiga which google tells me means family in Samoan.

Leati and Dean have a long rivalry until Dean teams with New Day (now face) to face Aiga at Survivor Series, Aiga win.

Leati turns his attention to the Intercontinental Championship, winning it and immediately vacating the belt saying it isnt the championship he wants, he will have another World Championship match and to get it he will win the Royal Rumble.

Leati wins the Rumble, at Fast Lane another famous member of the famly returns and wins the World Heavyweight Championship, The Rock!

Rock denounces his relations to Leati and Leati tells the rock he will defeat him at WrestleMania and claim what is rightfully his,

Mania comes and i have no idea whether to continue to have Leati and the Usos remain heel or to turn them bacl

I like it but there's one major problem, Roman can't get a title shot for a year, so why is he allowed in the Rumble?

Yeah. That's a bit of a plot hole. I plan on introducing D.Bryan as a face authority figure. So maybe a threat against Brie. A threat to interrupt lower card matches non stop until he's given an opportunity to enter the rumble.

Any other suggestions? I'm open to constructive criticism

I'll start with PGHW, just to get familiar with the way the game runs; it's a promotion I'm really familiar with and know how to book. Then two months of USPW to see the exact opposite kind of company.

Then I'll start my multitudinous WCW games. The first one will be 2001. I'll probably do an early '90s game, then 2012 TNA, then lots of NJPW. Just want to get familiar with the game in as many scenarios as possible.

Long-term, 2001 WCW and PGHW in the C-Verse. Maybe TCW if they look interesting.

Yeah. That's a bit of a plot hole. I plan on introducing D.Bryan as a face authority figure. So maybe a threat against Brie. A threat to interrupt lower card matches non stop until he's given an opportunity to enter the rumble.

Well how I would do it is by having him sell out. He has too much bad blood with the Authority, maybe instead of Bryan as GM, have Heyman. Heyman gets into something with Ambrose and so this could be where you turn him. In return for helping him, Heyman gives Roman the chance to overturn his ban with a win at the Rumble.

Or, to add some realism to the product, how about just have Vince be open about wanting Roman as his number one and will stop at nothing to put him on top. Could also help build a top anti-hero face to go against him

You may not need to do anything if you set the schedule correctly.

For example, say WrestleMania 32 is Sunday, Week 4, March. He would be banned from Monday, Week 2, April for one year. In reality, the dates never stay the same, so when WrestleMania 33 rolls around (Sunday, Week 1, April) you're only off by a day. Some creative calendar management and you can have it expire on Saturday before Mania, allowing the ban to expire in time for the title match. He earned a title shot after the expiration of his ban.

For my big plans,

I haven't started planning any booking.

I am going to start a game using RW Mod. I am going to use WWE and take full advantage of the new 'Network' System.

I am going to start off by removing NxT as a developement companie and bring it as my 'B' show. Then i am going to get deals with Ring of Honor and Evolve to be both my Child companies (Not Developmentals, i want them to be able to sign their own workers, even if sometimes i'll send a couple of my guys down there) I will also give them air times.

Then i am going to Split Raw and Smackdown in two differant Brand.

I will also use the fact that i own my network (WWE Network) to promote a bunch of TV Specials (Bring back the Elimination Chamber, bring back KOTR) I will also host all NXT Takeovers and planning to do some guimmick shows like the cruiseweight tournament or all kind of other special (maybe a special Saturday night main event :) )

And since we can now use workers in our child company without officialy bring them in our roster, i will do my personal favorite event : WWE vs NXT vs ROH vs Evolve and have some dream matches for my fans.

btw, sorry for the English... i am french guy ! :)

Come April 25th, the first thing I'll do is come home from school, sit on the GDS website constantly hitting the refresh key until the demo releases. :D

Then I'll download the most recent Real World update for 2013, convert it to 2016, and manually fix any issues regarding WWE (I only book WWE so anything else doesn't affect me.)

My big project is to book a "Divas Revolution" of sorts. Completely scrap the Divas Division, and try and get a couple of Women up to Main Event status :D

After brainstorming and brainstorming, I've come up with note for my Wrestling folder in Google Docs:

"SoW: Sharks of Wrestling

"'Dramatize. Modernize. Tantalize.'" Those were the plans of Fizgig, who became head booker of a company founded with only a thousand dollars in the bank and a terrible college-aged wrestler at the helm, who also happens to be Fizgig's friend. 'Game of Thrones meets Wrestling,' is Fizgig's idea.

Sharks of Wrestling features soap opera angles, tantalizing characters, and fast paced, dangerous wrestling will hopefully keep fans glued to their seats."

It's not much, I know, but what it basically translates to is, I'm going to try one of those 0/0/0/1000 RtG games in the Cornellverse, starting with a product that is Key Feature: Cult and Mainstream, Heavy Feature: Risque and Modern, and Med feature: Hardcore and Daredevil. We'll see how it goes :) I also have it bouncing around in my head that Raphael will be the face of this company, but then, if he's moved on to bigger and better things I'll have to find someone else.

I hope he hasn't. Raphael is, for some reason, my current fav wrestler in the Cornellverse.

I've been using the German cagematch website to update the 1991 and 1994 RW mods for 13, so I'll convert them to 2016 and run a 1994 All Star in the UK. Dynamite Kid appeared twice in July, so justification to use him, and my goal will be TV and give it a year to see what can be done.

Alongside All Star, the usual WCW in 1991.

im planning on making a scenario to a mod. ill wait til a solid end of 2015 early 16 realwworld mod comes out and ill release my save once I get permission . all can say is it will be twisted and funny take on the death of vince.

Well TNA did it with AJ Styles, can't remember if it was a year or not but banned him for a length of time form getting a title shot but placed him in the bound for glory series that he won. Worked for them so just play around dates or even work it as a storyline. Roman demanding the title shot he earned and risking running the Wrestlemania main event if he isn't given a title match...ect, for the athority hand into giving it to him.

Archived