TEW16: Your Big Project?

I've always wanted to play a modern day real world mod and play as an independent company like ROH or PWG. Something where I can primarily book fun, crazy shows with matches I'd like to see. I've also wanted to do a ROH: Russo of Honor save where I book the ultra-serious Ring of Honor as if Vince Russo took control.

I created a fed in the C-Verse in TEW2013 called Grand Prix Wrestling. It was basically a year-long G1 Climax that I let the game decide the winners. I broke it down into two brackets, both of which had eight or 10 wrestlers depending on the year, and ran a season-ending event where the wrestlers who finished in the same spot in each bracket (1st vs 1st, 2nd vs 2nd, etc.) wrestled each other. I'd love to do something in a modern real world mod using independent talents.

I've had a lot of fun playing in the 1991 mod, so I might try playing a mod that's set a few years later so I'm not repeating the same time period.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll once again be attempting to create a British fed from local to Global and dominate the British scene, unifying all the titles to make one undisputed British Champion.

Unfortunately, not many of the 2013 mods catered well for the UK market, there were a few good recent ones but anything pre-2013 was more Japan and USA.

I'll go with what's on offer and I look forward to it.

As it appears the user is not able to start or book a development fed, my first big plan will be to manipulate the game by making NXT a 2nd brand for WWE and seeing if one night Dev. call up contracts work.

What do you mean by book a development fed. Because you have much more control than before.

I would like to start a European fed that will equate to that of 21st Century. I like the fact the Europe is seen as a pure wrestling country and want to build a national company that is going to dominate Europe. I'm looking at guys like Konrad Makinen, Landon Mallory, Sebastian Koller, and Walker van Cleer as guys to build my company around. It could be good.

I'll once again be attempting to create a British fed from local to Global and dominate the British scene, unifying all the titles to make one undisputed British Champion.

Unfortunately, not many of the 2013 mods catered well for the UK market, there were a few good recent ones but anything pre-2013 was more Japan and USA.

I'll go with what's on offer and I look forward to it.

Yes, very few had KSTAR or WAW in there for example. I did find one, need to check which it was as I've been using it to update parts of the 1994 I've updated.

That aside, I've a strange urge to try and run the LPWA past 1992 or even make the UWF work.

What do you mean by book a development fed. Because you have much more control than before.

Exactly what was said. There are folks who wanted the ability to be the booker of a development promotion. Not the owner, not an overseer, but the actual booker, with all the things that come with that. As it stands now, TEW16 will allow for a lot more control of the development promotion but you can't be the everyday booker (i.e. for NXT, you'd have to book WWE. You couldn't book NXT by itself and leave WWE to the AI).

Personally, I only wanted finer control over the dev company so TEW16 suits me fine. But I do understand folks who wanted to run the child company without caring about the parent.

Buy it.

What, you're not buying it? That would be the first thing you do.

Then play it. I like to start my own fed with zero popularity and mininal cash and go from there. I find the trial and error that comes with obscure talent scouting to be real interesting, and when you can actually hire good talent (Say DWN/Jacob Jett in previous years) then it really is a big deal.

My main plan is to start a new MCD/real world data from scratch. Starting like how I started the original MCD with only the WWE Universe, then branching out from there (likely NJPW second or hopefully right away). Not 100% sure if it'll ever see the light of day, but its my plan, which is what the thread asked.

I prefer real world over the Cornellverse, and I find transferring/converting data always just leaves stuff in a right old mess, so its a good excuse to re-start and re-balance.

Im planning to play with a WWE game.

I want to get rid of NXT as a child company, because i think IMO it's a real good product. I am going to bring it as a B brand and with the addition of Broadcasting our own network, i will be able to run all the NXT "PPVS" as Tv Specials.. like this i will have full control on my roster developement. I will then get Evolve and ROH as my two child companies. I will let them sign and manage their own roster but i will sometime make some signings and send them in there.

For pushing guys, im planning of making a brand split once again between raw and smackdown. I think the fact that there's alot of great talented wrestler that i could sign to fill my roster is enough (Bring back guys like Paul London and Brian Kendrick, John Morisson, Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, WGTT) Then signing guys like (American Wolfes, MCMG etc..) This will probably make my two rosters good enough.

Im planning on my raw show to give AJ Styles the belt at Payback against Roman Reigns. Im planning of making the Bullet club with AJ, Luke, Karl and Finn Balor. Maybe ill sign CM punk and throw him in. Then my future babyface would be Dean Ambrose who i think could make a very good WWE champ. I plan on having him beat AJ Styles around Summerslam, to loose right away with a cash in of Bray Wyatt. Then having Ambrose work his way to the title and to the main event of wrestlemania.

For my smackdown brand, I'm planning on using some veterans like Randy Orton, Sheamus etc to help build future stars. I will bring the World Heavyweight Championship back. Kevin Owens will probably take that title until Seth Rollins comes back. Then I'm planning on having Shinsuke Nakamura go undefeated at NXT until he makes a debut on the Smackdown Brand. Ill see how the rating goes for him. If I'm satisfy i could end up having a dream match of Seth Rollins vs Shinsuke Nakamura at Wrestlemania for the World Title.

To be honest the only way i get exited to book a wwe game is to pre book ideas for Wrestlemania in advance so i can build all my stars and future stars for WM.

I'm really exited for this release of the game, as Adam added some features i've always wanted in the game to make it so fun for me.

So there was my big plans for my first game.

I haven't really watched wrestling much lately, except I put in the WCW Best PPV DVD for old time's sakes. And I saw the epic match from WrestleWar 1992. Sting's Squadron v the Dangerous Alliance. What an awesome match. And I started researching the Dangerous Alliance, because, as much of a WCW fan as I was, in NZ we didn't get WCW on TV until about 1996. The Dangerous Alliance looks awesome - Paul E Dangerously, Bobby Eaton, Rick Rude, Arn Anderson, Larry Zybsko, Steve Austin, Madusa... What a stable. Up against the likes of Sting, Ricky Steamboat, Lex Luger. And Nikita Koloff as a face. That match looked legit - one of the best matches I've seen in a long time. And I keep hearing how WCW was excellent around this time.

I don't think I'd have time to publish a diary given my schedule, but I reckon it'd be so much fun to go from Halloween Havoc 1991, all the way through to say 1998. Obviously part of the fun of it all is there are so many variables - the super juniors for example that became outstanding talents, they may never develop. Steve Austin, its pointless sometimes given him the Stone Cold gimmick. Outside of the headline War Games feud, at that time there was a young DDP, there was Jushin Lyger, a young guy who would go onto be Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Cactus Freakin Jack, the Steiners, Brian Pillman, Vader... oh me oh my, the fun. With the variables in TEW it just might not work. Can't wait, first thing I've been genuinely excited about wrestling wise for a very long time.

I see a lot of post about real world mods, but where's the love for the Cverse? :p

Well my big project is quite simple really. I am going to run a 2 player game using USPW and DIW in Australia if it's still around. I have a strong feeling that Justice will still be main eventing USPW.

My goal with USPW is to give Nicky a much needed vacation like I always do in my 2013 games. While Nikcy cuts his "I lost my smile" promo and the world title becomes vacant. I will hold a tournament that lasts one month in order to crown a new world champion at my January PPV. Justice will of course advance to the finals as I want to give him one last hoorah. It will be Justice vs Enygma for the world championship in a Last Man Standing match. Once Justice wins the Enygma will turn heel and beat the hell out of him.

This will set up a feud that I can use for the next three months while I focus on building people like Devine and Jones "IF" they haven't made it to the show yet. However, It wont be until the demo is released in two days when I can see just exactly what I can do with my favorite company of dino's.

As for DIW, I just want to give someone another chance at being the face of DIW besides The Comedian. That guy holds his promotion's world title all the time and its sickening. He's the Australian Dick The Devastator for crying out loud. Agnus McMiller is a great talent, Tombstone, Mayhem, and even Vaughn as great world champions but Comedian is so damn bitter with APW and RAW that he seems to have this I'll show you thing going on. Either way, come TEW16 the turd is not even sniffing the DIW Championship.

Whew, I feel better already :p

A competition style fed

With the ability to see individual rating for each person in the match, I want to set up "Seasons" like in actual tv lingo. At the end, we will crown a champion based on who was best over the course of the season and in the final match itself of the season finale. The lowest people will be let go to bring in fresh blood every year. Start off as local and then build up from there, with the second season seeing a women's division.

It will be completely performance based so the best workers will stay and the others will go. Think its a neat little idea.

Im planning to play with a WWE game.

I want to get rid of NXT as a child company, because i think IMO it's a real good product. I am going to bring it as a B brand and with the addition of Broadcasting our own network, i will be able to run all the NXT "PPVS" as Tv Specials.. like this i will have full control on my roster developement. I will then get Evolve and ROH as my two child companies. I will let them sign and manage their own roster but i will sometime make some signings and send them in there.

For pushing guys, im planning of making a brand split once again between raw and smackdown. I think the fact that there's alot of great talented wrestler that i could sign to fill my roster is enough (Bring back guys like Paul London and Brian Kendrick, John Morisson, Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, WGTT) Then signing guys like (American Wolfes, MCMG etc..) This will probably make my two rosters good enough.

Im planning on my raw show to give AJ Styles the belt at Payback against Roman Reigns. Im planning of making the Bullet club with AJ, Luke, Karl and Finn Balor. Maybe ill sign CM punk and throw him in. Then my future babyface would be Dean Ambrose who i think could make a very good WWE champ. I plan on having him beat AJ Styles around Summerslam, to loose right away with a cash in of Bray Wyatt. Then having Ambrose work his way to the title and to the main event of wrestlemania.

For my smackdown brand, I'm planning on using some veterans like Randy Orton, Sheamus etc to help build future stars. I will bring the World Heavyweight Championship back. Kevin Owens will probably take that title until Seth Rollins comes back. Then I'm planning on having Shinsuke Nakamura go undefeated at NXT until he makes a debut on the Smackdown Brand. Ill see how the rating goes for him. If I'm satisfy i could end up having a dream match of Seth Rollins vs Shinsuke Nakamura at Wrestlemania for the World Title.

To be honest the only way i get exited to book a wwe game is to pre book ideas for Wrestlemania in advance so i can build all my stars and future stars for WM.

I'm really exited for this release of the game, as Adam added some features i've always wanted in the game to make it so fun for me.

So there was my big plans for my first game.

this is the smarkiest comment i've ever read

this is the smarkiest comment i've ever read

Yup, Im a 'Smark'

Im so smark I'm going to point that I've held some Tag Team Championship with Kevin Owens here in Quebec.

Yup, Im a Smark, because I love pro wrestling.

So Smark that my profile picture on the internet is Paige.

I may try to delve into the CVerse a bit. I've usually been a mod guy (I've got a TEW '13 game with 1995 WWF that I'll probably end at Summerslam, which is a full year in that mod), but I've heard enough fun stuff about the CVerse that it's probably worth giving it another try. I might try a diary based on this, although I'm not entirely sure yet.

Once mods come out and get worked in, I want to try to do more 1980's stuff. I had some fun doing early-80's stuff with WCCW and Mid-Atlantic, and I wouldn't mind doing that again.

If/when Genadi remakes his "WCW Lives!" mod, I'm probably going to spend most of my playtime trying to re-correct that sinking ship again. I was able to get as far as 2005 before I eventually found myself in a booking loop of the same six main-eventers headlining shows, plus my planned "New Horsemen" stable of CM Punk, Samoa Joe, Daniel Bryan, and AJ Styles fizzling out from fan disinterest.

If I can, I'm going to try it all over again, because I think with the added Match Specifications options it'll be easier to get the technical workers over as opposed to having them share air-time with already-established fan-favorites in go-nowhere vignettes.

Archived