Let's help sell TEW '16

As release date draws near I came to thinking, what can we do to help get the word out there that the game is coming. I know I have been and will continue to advertise TEW wherever I can but I thought there maybe something else we can do as a collective group to get the word out. Open to any suggestions :)

I thought maybe something on reddit/r/squaredcircle like some cryptic posts from a bunch of us but then realised that may be annoying to some people and have the opposite intended effect.

Any suggestions would be great, I'd really like to do anything I can to bring new players to TEW. Not just for the love of the game, the more people who play the more Adam makes, the more he can invest and dedicate to TEW.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be talking about the series on the All Wrestling Week in Review next week, the podcast gets around 10,000 listeners every week. I found out about the series on that show so why not talk about it again. I honestly think TEW2016 will sell extremely well just based on the great features added. Good idea Genadi

I'll be talking about the series on the All Wrestling Week in Review next week, the podcast gets around 10,000 listeners every week.

Hot dang! Nice work COC that would be awesome. Subscribing to the pod now.

/r/squaredcircle and /r/fantasybookers are both good places to post a thread as we get closer to the date. Maybe see if mods there will sticky the thread around release time

Subscribed to both for a while now, if we can co ordinate our efforts for maximum exposure would be great. Sticky maybe a good idea like you said closer to release.

It's the gaming industry, where unplayable alpha games sell special editions for hundreds of dollars :D TEW '16 is using the same engine as '13, with loads of new features and improvements. It's not a matter of if it will be good, only a matter of how good.... I can't see anyone who enjoyed '13 not enjoying '16 more. It's a big leap forward for the series, more depth has been added coupled with streamlined features plus an auto booker that will cut down time considerably for those wanting it. Adam somehow added more depth while making the game much more casual for those who play that way. If that doesn't deserve our support I don't know what does :)

TEW is like FM, their community does a great job hyping the game and putting the word out.

I previously made a few videos of some of Adam's games (e.g. Wrestling Spirit 3). I was successful in marketing them, and if you search for the game on Google, my Let's Play series is at the very top. :)

I'd love to do something similar with TEW '16. Without giving too much away, I plan on overviewing the game and the CornellVerse, particularly its history and what's new this year. I'd also like to go into detail about all the depth that is possible with this fantastic thing called Total Extreme Wrestling and showcase a few mods.

If you are a mod maker, a veteran of the forum, a fellow YouTuber, a staff member, a regular user, or even just a lurker of these boards, and would be interested in working alongside me in any capacity whatsoever then I encourage you to PM me so that we can make contact. Skype is preferable, and I will provide you with my username if applicable. :)

You can expect at least one or two of these to be posted during beta. I have a $200 microphone that I purchased a few months back and have done quite a bit of professional commentating/voice-overs with it since.

My channel that is mainly for sim games:

http://www.youtube.com/NotAWrestler

Nothing has been posted for about 2 and a half years, but that'll change soon. I'll be watching this thread and may create one of my own in order to gauge some further inspiration. Don't forget to subscribe.. ;)

A lot of guys from FM have asked me about it and I've told a lot of them about it, all been recommend to get the demo and I'll be linking it towards them.

Will do my usual plugging on twitter, but I think we could see a small percentage of the FM audience who like wrestling jumping over.

Let me know what you think of the podcast.

Are you Cannon or the DJ news reader? Or both?? I really liked the news recap, very well delivered and to the point.

Some great ideas I've read so far are great, keep them coming anything we can do as a group effort that would go above and beyond the normal promotion.

Are you Cannon or the DJ news reader? Or both?? I really liked the news recap, very well delivered and to the point.

Haha I wish I was either, I'm not on the latest show but you will hear the words New Standard through out the show thats the faction I created on the show. I will tell Cannon you enjoyed the news segment is something they work very hard on.

The power and passion of the fans on Reddit can't be understated with like 113,000 subscribers there alone on r/squaredcircle.

If we make it a concentrated effort we can definitely increase the exposure of the game on there.

Good ideas here all round. Great idea for a thread, Genadi!

I wouldn't post it as a form of advertising on Reddit.

Install a real world mod and make sure the graphics are smooth. Then take a screen shot of something interesting/funny, and post it. I don't know what, something like Ryback breaking Romans neck, I guess. People will be like "wheres this from?"

The power and passion of the fans on Reddit can't be understated with like 113,000 subscribers there alone on r/squaredcircle.

This is actually something I bring up a lot in regards to indy promotions. If you can create brand awareness there, it's the easiest form of advertising ever.

I frequent a site called Neoseeker as do a few others on GDS and on and off for the last couple years I've been plugging the game. I done the same when TEW16 was announced. I'll plug it again as the demo is released. Get a link too it on the site. Couple hundered views some threads get so I'll plug it where I can on that website in various forums.

Since the announcement of TEW 2016, I've published several news on the biggest German wrestlinggames fanpage, http://www.wrestlinggames.de (Here's one article dealing with TEW)

Also we have some lively diskussions on our forums (see here).

After the release of the trial version I'll write a review of the game as well.

tew 16 will be on steam?

Okay this is going to sound like spam (or a scam), but it isn't. I have a part-time second job (to gain sales experience, which worked, because I just got a new full-time job as a car salesman!) My part-time job selling advertising space in a gym. We have three 50 inch TV screens inside the gym, and can show any advert (image only) on there for just £40 as a one off payment for six months!! Throughout that time, we can show the advert 350 times a month! It stays on screen for 10 seconds each time it's shown! The gym has thousands of members, and several hundred through the door every day. To be fair, at that price, if it leads to two sales it's worth it and the £40 will be made back :D

Not sure if Adam does any advertising like this. But if anyone's interested, PM me ;)

Nobody has mentioned a Twitter hashtag barrage? Maybe a large selection of members could tweet around the same time using the same hashtags?. Along with the hashtags #wrestling #wwe #wwe2k and so on with a link to the demo?. Also a Facebook share initiative? The world is social media crazy... Hell we could even put code it into our MySpace profiles... It's gone 2006 tho? Damn! Scratch that last one :D

Archived