Let's help sell TEW '16

Hope this is okay to post here cause I love the idea of this thread.

Make me your first person to sell the game to. I Love EWR! So simple and fun to play. I've been so back and forth if I want to buy TEW 2016 cause '13 just seems too in depth for me. I know '16 will have some features to make is more like EWR but does anyone know how far they are going with that?

Not sure how much time you've spent with TEW, but it gets to the point where it can be quite simple, and the in game editor would allow you to undo your mistakes while you're still learning. Anyway as far as the EWR features go in '16 they're detailed in the dev journal.

With this being the 20th anniversary of the EW series, one of the big things we're looking at is trying to encourage those people who haven't yet made the switch from the freeware games to do so. As the most common reason given is that the game is too complex \ detailed \ time consuming, we've added a raft of seven new user preferences to specifically target this. Collectively they've become known as the EWR Throwback options as they allow the game to be switched to become a very open, less restrictive, less realistic experience a la EWR - whether that name will remain post-testing I don't know, but for now it serves its purpose.

These are primarily to encourage new players, but I'm sure even some of the veterans of TEW will be able to get some use out of them now and then.

The seven are all on\off toggles, and are as follows:

Booking times: If turned off, the length of the show is ignored entirely, allowing the player to book as little or as much as he wants. i.e. if it's a two hour show, you could book 5 minutes or 5 hours and the game isn't going to penalise or block you.

Match ratios: If turned off, the player does not need to worry about the match \ angle ratio of shows. The player could not have any angles at all, even for an entertainment-based company, if desired.

Left off show complaints: If turned off, workers never complain about being left off shows. This removes the need to plan ahead and make sure that everybody has something to do.

Match aims: If turned off, the player does not need to meet the minimum number of match aims per show that are required by the product. (Match aims can still be used, it's just the requirement that is turned off.)

Momentum: If turned off, worker momentum effects are disabled. This means there are no effects on match ratings and no complaints about it. They are still stored and visible however, so if you wish to turn the feature back on you do not need to start from scratch.

Sex appeal: If turned off, the sausage fest penalty that was described above is disabled entirely.

Worker overuse: If turned off, there are no penalties for using a worker too much during a show. You can throw a jobber out there for an iron man match and won't get a penalty for it (although you would still of course have to deal with the poor match rating that would likely result; it's just the post-show penalty of 'You used X far too much on this show' that is turned off).

As with all the user preferences, these can be turned on and off via the options menu and only apply to the specific player - so it's perfectly OK for one player to have them all turned off, another player to have them all off, and another player to pick and choose a selection to turn off.

When combined with the other user preferences that already exist, this allows a huge scope for removing a lot of the complexity and realism from the game and turning it from a sim-game to a fantasy-game instead.

Please note that the March 8th entry, "EWR Throwback Options (x7)" is no longer accurate. Two new preferences have been added, taking the number to nine. They are:

Production effects: If turned off, the player is not penalised if a rival has superior production values, music, etc, not will broadcasters complain if he runs a show with less than the minimum production requirements.

Lifestyle effects: If turned off, a worker's lifestyle (i.e. smoking, drinking, etc) have no impact on the worker's performance during a show. They still retain their wider impact on lifespan, skill changes, etc, however.Please note that the March 8th entry, "EWR Throwback Options (x7)" is no longer accurate. Two new preferences have been added, taking the number to nine. They are:

Production effects: If turned off, the player is not penalised if a rival has superior production values, music, etc, not will broadcasters complain if he runs a show with less than the minimum production requirements.

Basically you can make the game as easy or hard as you want as well as realistic or fantasy or anywhere in between.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well he didn't actually play the game. He just explained everything to a guy who plays TEW, who actually booked the stuff in-game.

I found the video I had seen the video of him playing EWR for charity or something but then I saw the video of him doing the TEW stuff. Cheers :)

I will be trying to spread the word as much as I can with my wrestling friends, as limited as they are.

Unfortunately, until a Steam release arrives and/or eLicence is consigned to the trash-heap of history where it belongs, it's a vastly harder sell indeed.

Adam has said this isn't in his hands - I hope whoever's hands it is in realises how divisive the various DRM styles are.

I've talked 9 people I know (who don't post here) into at least trying the demo. Best I can do as I don't post on other forums. At least 3 others have said they will be buying it as they enjoyed 13) so I've reached the dizzying heights of getting word out to 12 potential customers... 13 if you count me. That's literally all my wrestling friends - yeah popular. :rolleyes:

I'm just an advertising guru. Google should hire me. :D:p

A lot of guys from FM have asked me about it and I've told a lot of them about it, all been recommend to get the demo and I'll be linking it towards them.

Will do my usual plugging on twitter, but I think we could see a small percentage of the FM audience who like wrestling jumping over.

I've noticed there is quite a large cross-over between TEW and FM fans to be fair.

Either way, I'll be recommended the game to the only friend I have who likes Wrestling :p

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/4g8x5d/tomorrow_the_demo_for_tew_2016_come_out/

Posted a thread on reddit, I know someone already did but having another a couple days a part shouldn't hurt anything.

Sorry I've been away past day or so just spotted this now. Posted in the thread, cheers jwt :)

Anyone who wants to, share their experiences in the thread.

That thread just reminded me why I NEVER go to Squared Circle Reddit. Just when I think this entitlement generation can't get any worse: "DA GAME IZN'T FREE~!~!~! WAAAAAAHHHHHH~!~!~!" Or the dumb criticisms from the Too Cool for School crowd who think EVERYTHING should be "Flashy this, flashy that, kick ass and extreme, MAAAAANNNN!" Then they wonder why people bitch about their oh so wonderful changes to a once functional website.

People these days are spinless leeches, just read through a chunk of that reddit forum.

complaining about it being £25 is just silly, when games like COD are twice as much with 1 percent of TEW replay value.

Not to mention that games like COD, Madden, NHL, etc. are twice that much, and it's not even the complete game! In order to get the complete game, you have to shell out even more... and these are annual games. TEW isn't an annual game, is cheaper and has far more replayability.

As for those wanting a "better interface," something Joey Styles wrote in an old issue of ECW Magazine rings true today. I'm paraphrasing as I don't have that magazine anymore (got lost when house cleaning), but he drew up a hypothetical scenario of how ECW could line up Limp Bizkit to perform live, could get A-list celebrities and wrestlers to appear, could do this and do that. Yet you would still hear someone grumble that there wasn't any pyro.

• 1 year later...

<p>Little late to the party but was wondering about streaming a few sessions of this game on a Twitch channel as some friends and I are putting together a data base. (Original characters mostly with a few exceptions.)</p><p> </p><p>

Would that sort of thing help sell the 2016 version of the game?</p><p> </p><p>

Is that something that might benefit future versions of the game?</p>

Archived