Official "Booking Committee" Thread

<p>Started a new save with SWF, and the worst case scenario has happened. Jack Bruce is well into time decline, and 8 years past his prime. I am sticking with the initial storyline with The Crippler, probably through the first 2 PPVs. Hoping that by the second match I will have The Crippler's popularity up enough to have him win the blow off. After that, I am hoping to have him pass the torch at Supreme Challenge in a retirement match to a new figurehead.</p><p> </p><p>

Any ideas for something for him to do in the mean time? Afterwards I may move him to commentary, as he has some skill in that regard.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheOtherJamesCameron" data-cite="TheOtherJamesCameron" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Started a new save with SWF, and the worst case scenario has happened. Jack Bruce is well into time decline, and 8 years past his prime. I am sticking with the initial storyline with The Crippler, probably through the first 2 PPVs. Hoping that by the second match I will have The Crippler's popularity up enough to have him win the blow off. After that, I am hoping to have him pass the torch at Supreme Challenge in a retirement match to a new figurehead.<p> </p><p> Any ideas for something for him to do in the mean time? Afterwards I may move him to commentary, as he has some skill in that regard.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was not as bad off as you but he was in decline when I started. I started putting him on commentary once a show to build up his colour skills</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="TheOtherJamesCameron" data-cite="TheOtherJamesCameron" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Started a new save with SWF, and the worst case scenario has happened. Jack Bruce is well into time decline, and 8 years past his prime. I am sticking with the initial storyline with The Crippler, probably through the first 2 PPVs. Hoping that by the second match I will have The Crippler's popularity up enough to have him win the blow off. After that, I am hoping to have him pass the torch at Supreme Challenge in a retirement match to a new figurehead.<p> </p><p> Any ideas for something for him to do in the mean time? Afterwards I may move him to commentary, as he has some skill in that regard.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He never went into decline for any of my SWF games, but in the case of he does; I'd put him either on commentary or in a managerial role.</p>

<p>Need some ideas to bring my 1970 WWWF game to life. </p><p> </p><p>

Starts in Jan. I've got the first Wrestle mania in 3 months.</p><p> </p><p>

I've removed TV. Got 1 big event a month a small event a month to build up the big show.</p><p> </p><p>

I want to kinda stay true to the 70s , no multi man singles matches. Not many gimmick matches. But I've madequate it a bit modern with the big 5 WWF pics being set up now. </p><p> </p><p>

I've got 3 months to build a show filled with matches that have meaning in someway. WM1 should be the biggest card the world has seen. Whilst also staying in the relms of realism</p><p> </p><p>

I also want to make the most of the legends coming to the end of their careers. Just to at least have them appear in the company for me. Like pat O'connor, lou</p><p>

thez, Danny Hodge, El Santo</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

WWWF Heavyweight title</p><p>

Bruno Sammartino v ?? Thinking NWA champion Dory funk Jr. But not sure he's over enough in new York. </p><p> </p><p>

Got guys like Killer Kerwolski . Gorilla Monsoon. Waldo Von Eric's in the Main event scene . Was thinking Lou Thez as he's the most over guy in new york but he's like 52.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

WWWF Intercontinental. </p><p>

Pat O'Connor v Harley Race </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Introducing this title now. Pat will win it, the legendary technician. Set to face the young , highly rated Harley Race. Pat will win at WM but this a feud that will carry on for a couple of years and with Race trying to learn and get better to eventually beat him and capture the title at WM 2 or 3.</p><p> </p><p>

WWWF Tag Team </p><p> </p><p>

Blond Bombers (Patterson and Stevens) v The Vachon's</p><p> </p><p>

Building the tag division. These two are my top teams.</p><p> </p><p>

WWWF US title. </p><p>

Wahoo McDaniel v Waldo Von Eric.</p><p> </p><p>

Waldo will have the title. With his **** gimmick. Wahoo will try to overcome the racist who believes Wahoo isn't the correct person to hold the title or compete in the same ring as the pure Waldo </p><p> </p><p>

Looking for younger guys to feud with and replace my aging top card guys.</p><p> </p><p>

Gorilla and Bruno are fine. But a few others are into their 40s and holding top spots.</p>

<p>Richard Eisen just died in my SWF game in 2017. Thinking of an annual tournament to be held in his honor of sorts as it is the SWF and he was an Eisen.</p><p> </p><p>

It would be similar to the Rip Chord Invitational or The Sam Keith Tag Classic or in vein of the dusty classic or andre battle royal.</p><p> </p><p>

Any ideas of a name?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Winter8905" data-cite="Winter8905" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Need some ideas to bring my 1970 WWWF game to life. <p> </p><p> Starts in Jan. I've got the first Wrestle mania in 3 months.</p><p> </p><p> I've removed TV. Got 1 big event a month a small event a month to build up the big show.</p><p> </p><p> I want to kinda stay true to the 70s , no multi man singles matches. Not many gimmick matches. But I've madequate it a bit modern with the big 5 WWF pics being set up now. </p><p> </p><p> I've got 3 months to build a show filled with matches that have meaning in someway. WM1 should be the biggest card the world has seen. Whilst also staying in the relms of realism</p><p> </p><p> I also want to make the most of the legends coming to the end of their careers. Just to at least have them appear in the company for me. Like pat O'connor, lou</p><p> thez, Danny Hodge, El Santo</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> WWWF Heavyweight title</p><p> Bruno Sammartino v ?? Thinking NWA champion Dory funk Jr. But not sure he's over enough in new York. </p><p> </p><p> Got guys like Killer Kerwolski . Gorilla Monsoon. Waldo Von Eric's in the Main event scene . Was thinking Lou Thez as he's the most over guy in new york but he's like 52.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> WWWF Intercontinental. </p><p> Pat O'Connor v Harley Race </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Introducing this title now. Pat will win it, the legendary technician. Set to face the young , highly rated Harley Race. Pat will win at WM but this a feud that will carry on for a couple of years and with Race trying to learn and get better to eventually beat him and capture the title at WM 2 or 3.</p><p> </p><p> WWWF Tag Team </p><p> </p><p> Blond Bombers (Patterson and Stevens) v The Vachon's</p><p> </p><p> Building the tag division. These two are my top teams.</p><p> </p><p> WWWF US title. </p><p> Wahoo McDaniel v Waldo Von Eric.</p><p> </p><p> Waldo will have the title. With his **** gimmick. Wahoo will try to overcome the racist who believes Wahoo isn't the correct person to hold the title or compete in the same ring as the pure Waldo </p><p> </p><p> Looking for younger guys to feud with and replace my aging top card guys.</p><p> </p><p> Gorilla and Bruno are fine. But a few others are into their 40s and holding top spots.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Perhaps in keeping with how the first Mania was done in real life more than a decade later, you could bring in an outside the industry star to take part in the main event, teaming alongside Bruno. Maybe Ali, Wilt Chamberlain, or Bruce Lee? Clearly they'd have to be added to your data, but might be something cool to look at doing. I'd envision something like </p><p> </p><p> Bruno & Lee vs. Kowalski & Monsoon. </p><p> </p><p> If you don't want to go the celebrity route, I'd say Bruno & The Battman (Tony Marino) vs. Kowalski & Monsoon. </p><p> </p><p> And if you are stuck on the Title match, then in that case I would suggest either</p><p> </p><p> Bruno vs. Buddy Rogers if you can get him and he will wrestle, get that epic rematch after 7 years, or</p><p> Bruno vs. Ivan Koloff who it looks like he was really feuding with at this time period according to the match results here ---><a href="http://wweppvresultz.weebly.com/wwwf-live-event-results-1970-1979.html" rel="external nofollow">http://wweppvresultz.weebly.com/wwwf-live-event-results-1970-1979.html</a></p><p> </p><p> For the rest of the card, maybe something like...</p><p> </p><p> Bobo Brazil vs. Monsoon (if he's not in the main event, if he is sub Toru Tanaka)</p><p> </p><p> I think another huge draw to a Wrestlemania in the 70s would be to grab up Andre and have him make his WWWF debut a few years early. Put him in a Battle Royal or a handicapped match and debut him with a strong win. </p><p> </p><p> I would also think Ernie Ladd would definitely need a spot on the show too. Maybe Ladd vs. Skaaland</p><p> </p><p> Moolah would probably be good for the card too, but I have no idea who she should face lol. </p><p> </p><p> Anyways, just a few ideas. Let us know how it turns out, really cool idea you've got going there with the earlier dates for Wrestlemania.</p>

So I just came up with a pretty dumb idea that might work to some extend. I'm pretty bored at booking Superstars and Main Event every week and need something to keep it fresh. So I'm going to get rid of them and replace them with a new kind of a show. It's gonna be a (hopefully) Netflix show that's kind of a mix of a talk show and a wrestling show. There will be a host that will interview a couple of guys who will then wrestle a match. I'm thinking of even creating a venue for this so it'll always be held in the same "studio". Am I crazy or what?

<p>I have a dilemma in my SWF save.</p><p> </p><p>

Angry Gilmore and Spencer Spade are feuding, Spade has been relentless about how Gilmore is washed up and hasn't had success in SWF in awhile. Gilmore is going over at Supreme Challenge and then Spade is going to give him respect and start a path towards a face turn within the next couple of months.</p><p> </p><p>

Gilmore and Jessie recently divorced, Spade's current character and SWF fans would likely expect that to be brought up in this feud as Spade has been pretty relentless about Gilmore. The thing is, going this deep would probably make it reasonably unrealistic that a) Spade and Gilmore give respect after the match b) Spade makes a face turn in the near future.</p><p> </p><p>

I know that inevitably, it doesn't effect the save and I can turn Spade with no issue but I'm wondering what people would expect. Would you buy Spade as a face if you know that only a couple months ago he went that deep on a personal issue? Would you expect SWF to not mention something like that immediately and keep it for later?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a dilemma in my SWF save.<p> </p><p> Angry Gilmore and Spencer Spade are feuding, Spade has been relentless about how Gilmore is washed up and hasn't had success in SWF in awhile. Gilmore is going over at Supreme Challenge and then Spade is going to give him respect and start a path towards a face turn within the next couple of months.</p><p> </p><p> Gilmore and Jessie recently divorced, Spade's current character and SWF fans would likely expect that to be brought up in this feud as Spade has been pretty relentless about Gilmore. The thing is, going this deep would probably make it reasonably unrealistic that a) Spade and Gilmore give respect after the match b) Spade makes a face turn in the near future.</p><p> </p><p> I know that inevitably, it doesn't effect the save and I can turn Spade with no issue but I'm wondering what people would expect. Would you buy Spade as a face if you know that only a couple months ago he went that deep on a personal issue? Would you expect SWF to not mention something like that immediately and keep it for later?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I might consider saving it for later.....could set up Gilmore's next feud saying in kayfabe that his next rival was the cause of the divorce. This would leave Spade out of it for a "cleaner" face turn.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a dilemma in my SWF save.<p> </p><p> Angry Gilmore and Spencer Spade are feuding, Spade has been relentless about how Gilmore is washed up and hasn't had success in SWF in awhile. Gilmore is going over at Supreme Challenge and then Spade is going to give him respect and start a path towards a face turn within the next couple of months.</p><p> </p><p> Gilmore and Jessie recently divorced, Spade's current character and SWF fans would likely expect that to be brought up in this feud as Spade has been pretty relentless about Gilmore. The thing is, going this deep would probably make it reasonably unrealistic that a) Spade and Gilmore give respect after the match b) Spade makes a face turn in the near future.</p><p> </p><p> I know that inevitably, it doesn't effect the save and I can turn Spade with no issue but I'm wondering what people would expect. Would you buy Spade as a face if you know that only a couple months ago he went that deep on a personal issue? Would you expect SWF to not mention something like that immediately and keep it for later?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You could make him redeem himself in a way for a face turn to be more easily bought but I could buy into a face Spade after that if booked correctly alternatively you could just erase the moment and pretend it never happened</p>

So I just came up with a pretty dumb idea that might work to some extend. I'm pretty bored at booking Superstars and Main Event every week and need something to keep it fresh. So I'm going to get rid of them and replace them with a new kind of a show. It's gonna be a (hopefully) Netflix show that's kind of a mix of a talk show and a wrestling show. There will be a host that will interview a couple of guys who will then wrestle a match. I'm thinking of even creating a venue for this so it'll always be held in the same "studio". Am I crazy or what?

This sounds like a really cool idea, and is a great way to make your B show different.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="K-Nection" data-cite="K-Nection" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The Richard Eisen King of Wrestling Tournament</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="KingAj" data-cite="KingAj" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Richard Eisen just died in my SWF game in 2017. Thinking of an annual tournament to be held in his honor of sorts as it is the SWF and he was an Eisen.<p> </p><p> It would be similar to the Rip Chord Invitational or The Sam Keith Tag Classic or in vein of the dusty classic or andre battle royal.</p><p> </p><p> Any ideas of a name?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was thinking of The Eisen Challenge to be held at the supreme challenge?</p><p> </p><p> or something similar?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="brat99" data-cite="brat99" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I might consider saving it for later.....could set up Gilmore's next feud saying in kayfabe that his next rival was the cause of the divorce. This would leave Spade out of it for a "cleaner" face turn.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> After looking at everything I'm going with a version of this. Gilmore is going to be the cause of the divorce (mostly because Jessie is a 9 at playing a heel) and I might involve Kristen Pearce to create the kayfabe family drama (and make it reaalllll awkward backstage). Right now it looks like it'll be a face Brandon James that comes to defend Jessie's honor.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>After looking at everything I'm going with a version of this. Gilmore is going to be the cause of the divorce (mostly because Jessie is a 9 at playing a heel) and I might involve Kristen Pearce to create the kayfabe family drama (and make it reaalllll awkward backstage). Right now it looks like it'll be a face Brandon James that comes to defend Jessie's honor.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like it.....could do a slow burn buildup with backstage interactions between Jessie and Kristen, with Kristen talking about her new "boyfriend" without naming him until the big awkward reveal.</p>

I'm using the 2001 Mod with the WCW and I'm trying to recreate a Four Horseman stable. Currently, I have Ric Flair, Steve Corino but I need two more wrestlers.

Any suggestion ?

It's funny because I brought the Horsemen back on my 2001 WCW Lives game. Ric Flair, Steve Corino, Mike Awesome & Mark Jindrak made up my Horsemen. Helped get Jindrak into the Main Event scene. I had him turn on Sean O'Haire in a match in which they were trying to recapture the tag titles they lost to KroniK.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="pantaloons" data-cite="pantaloons" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This sounds like a really cool idea, and is a great way to make your B show different.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Now that I've used this talk show idea for a few weeks, I can say it is a very fun way to do a B show. It can be used to further storylines that don't get enough screen time on the main shows but it can also have a life of its own and have these sort of mini feuds inside just this show for a couple of weeks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MinimiMax" data-cite="MinimiMax" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Now that I've used this talk show idea for a few weeks, I can say it is a very fun way to do a B show. It can be used to further storylines that don't get enough screen time on the main shows but it can also have a life of its own and have these sort of mini feuds inside just this show for a couple of weeks.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Can I ask how you booked that exactly, like what angle do you use?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can I ask how you booked that exactly, like what angle do you use?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've been using the freestyle angle feature from the very beginning. Makes things a lot easier.</p>

<p>This has probably been asked or discussed somewhere before, but I didn't find anything by searching.</p><p> </p><p>

I made a new promotion at the start of the game (borderline National, making it work by cheating and shortening the contracts of a few major workers), and I was just wondering what kind of storylines you folks have run to crown a vacant championship. I feel like there are a lot of ways to go with that. I have a few vague ideas in mind, but I'd love to hear what others have done. </p><p> </p><p>

Whether it's a tournament or not, what kind of story revolved around that vacant title?</p>

This has probably been asked or discussed somewhere before, but I didn't find anything by searching.

I made a new promotion at the start of the game (borderline National, making it work by cheating and shortening the contracts of a few major workers), and I was just wondering what kind of storylines you folks have run to crown a vacant championship. I feel like there are a lot of ways to go with that. I have a few vague ideas in mind, but I'd love to hear what others have done.

Whether it's a tournament or not, what kind of story revolved around that vacant title?

Someone here in previous years (I forget who) mentioned a "Chase For The Gold" where everybody on the roster is entered into a de facto tournament. Basically the last man to be undefeated wins the vacant championship. I think this is a really cool idea and it's one I've used myself since reading it

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MinimiMax" data-cite="MinimiMax" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I just came up with a pretty dumb idea that might work to some extend. I'm pretty bored at booking Superstars and Main Event every week and need something to keep it fresh. So I'm going to get rid of them and replace them with a new kind of a show. It's gonna be a (hopefully) Netflix show that's kind of a mix of a talk show and a wrestling show. There will be a host that will interview a couple of guys who will then wrestle a match. I'm thinking of even creating a venue for this so it'll always be held in the same "studio". Am I crazy or what?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I was actually coming in here today to talk about just this idea. I was watching some old World Championship Wrestling, and there was something great about their little set, the wrestlers coming out and just spitballing for 2 to 5 minutes. </p><p> </p><p> So, in sitting down with 1994 WCW, I was thinking of a couple of ways to implement this. I'll have Schiavone and Mean Gene hold scheduled interview sections during the Monday Nitro when it eventually debuts on a little set similar to the old World Championship Wrestling show, but also debut a SportsCenter type show (as opposed of the Tuesday Night Titans style). It'll have a couple anchors, a couple of reporters and then a couple of quick "house show" matches. </p><p> </p><p> The problem will be that the wrestling industry is so bad to start of with in 1994, that it might not survive hahah.</p>

<p>I'm playing as 96 WWF currently and I signed Dean Malenko to work under a mask in a "Destroyer" type gimmick called "The Stretcher" with Vince Russo as his manager and mouthpiece.</p><p> </p><p>

I have in my mind, which is something I've currently implemented. Him winning a bunch of 5 Minute challenges to assert his dominance in the company. I'm trying to figure out who should break his streak though of submission victories. Who should benefit from the Stretcher's winning ways?</p><p> </p><p>

I've got 3 ideas for who he should go into a feud with</p><p> </p><p>

1.Bam Bam Bigelow</p><p>

2. Shawn Michaels( giving Malenko an IC title shot)</p><p>

3. Ahmed Johnson</p><p> </p><p>

I'm stuck on who I should be building up to honestly and would love help.</p>