Official "Booking Committee" Thread

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've got a few questions as I try to get more involved in my WCW 1991 dynasty.<p> </p><p> First, I've just signed Tiny Lister, but his suggested push is a personality, and he's leaving to film a movie in 2 months. My first thought, since I have Ole Anderson as my WCW commissioner and he's giving the Horsemen fits, is to have Tiny Lister by Ole Anderson's bodyguard, enforcer so to speak. But that doesn't really work because the Horsemen are heel, and Lister is much better at portraying a heel than a face. Although I really just want him to be neutral, but this no way to do that other than to get rid of the face/heel divide.</p><p> </p><p> Also, I have a separate Lightweight Division that I'm trying to build up. I'm about to give them their own show, but I'm trying to decide if I want to create a brand new show, or just use any of the ones that are still listed that are currently defunct (WCW Pro, WCW Prime, WCW Power Hour, and there's a few more).</p><p> </p><p> Also, I have working relationships with 4 companies. How will that affect if I do talent swaps, as I could include those wrestlers from other companies in my division, but they wouldn't be full time participants. That's all I have for now, sorry for the lot of questions, I book everything on the fly pretty much, but I'm trying to at least get some ideas in my head for future shows. Thanks.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Anybody have any thoughts on this? I'd like to run the Clash, but I'm still clueless as to where to go with it. Thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jazz49ers" data-cite="Jazz49ers" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The year is 1994. For a year now, ever since returning from five years in WCW, Hulk Hogan has been a heel. Forming the nWo, running undefeated for months with the Heavyweight title in his possession, reforming the Megapowers with a heel Randy Savage after the nWo was forced to disband. He's been at the top of his game. But, his time as a heel should be over soon. And I have the perfect storyline to turn him face. I'm going to bring in a young rookie, have him try to befriend Hogan after worshiping him growing up, only for Hogan to turn him away time and time again. Eventually, the young rookie will be attacked by a heel stable, and Hogan will come to his side and save him.<p> </p><p> The only question is, who will this rookie be? That's where I need help from you guys. I currently have three people in mind.</p><p> </p><p> The first, is a generated character named Sam Hannigan. He's a lightweight, spot monkey. Decent top row skills, great basics and psychology, 87 SQ, decent entertainment skills. Graduated from my dojo in 1986, but is only 26 years old. I had him in my development company for the first two years of his career, never used him on my main roster, and he's spent the last two years in the WCW before being released. Problem with him is, after this storyline with Hogan, I have no idea where I would go with him.</p><p> </p><p> The second choice would be Adam Copeland. He's only been in my development company for a few months, so he still has lots of room to grow down there. The future Edge already has good skills and could use the boost being a young teammate of Hogan's before something crazy happens and he turns into the crazy Edge. Just not sure how early I would be bringing him up from dev would cut into his progress.</p><p> </p><p> The third choice is Tatanka. Been in my development company for four (4!) years and still hasn't once asked to be brought up. Decent skills all around. My most likely choice right now, as I could see the rub from Hogan pushing him into midcard status and keeping him there for years.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I would go with Adam Copeland: He's already got the skills and SQ to do well and he can only get better as time goes on.</p>

<p>Currently booking WWF in 1998. I am about to introduce a new segment called ‘RAW Talent’ where an “unsigned” (usually developmental or new signing) wrestler faces a current member of the roster for the chance to be signed. I plan on having a number of judges, one of which will come out and give the verdict after every match. </p><p> </p><p>

My current thoughts for judges are Sunny, Rick Rude, Terry Funk and Vince McMahon. Each will judge based on something different:</p><p> </p><p>

Sunny - looks/sex appeal</p><p>

Rude - personality</p><p>

Funk - wrestling ability</p><p>

McMahon - star quality</p><p> </p><p>

I am toying with the idea of adding Stallone as a judge, purely based on the fact that it would drive up the ratings because he’s so over. But it does feel a bit like cheating. </p><p> </p><p>

I might even make it a storyline to feel my 2 storyline quota, but then I have to run it weekly. </p><p> </p><p>

Any ideas?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Currently booking WWF in 1998. I am about to introduce a new segment called ‘RAW Talent’ where an “unsigned” (usually developmental or new signing) wrestler faces a current member of the roster for the chance to be signed. I plan on having a number of judges, one of which will come out and give the verdict after every match. <p> </p><p> My current thoughts for judges are Sunny, Rick Rude, Terry Funk and Vince McMahon. Each will judge based on something different:</p><p> </p><p> Sunny - looks/sex appeal</p><p> Rude - personality</p><p> Funk - wrestling ability</p><p> McMahon - star quality</p><p> </p><p> I am toying with the idea of adding Stallone as a judge, purely based on the fact that it would drive up the ratings because he’s so over. But it does feel a bit like cheating. </p><p> </p><p> I might even make it a storyline to feel my 2 storyline quota, but then I have to run it weekly. </p><p> </p><p> Any ideas?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like that idea, very original.</p><p> The stallone thing is a bit too much so I'll try someone else, maybe an injured worker with good popularity, or even just throw Austin in there.</p><p> I don't think it should be a storyline though, it could be the first match of every Raw, if you do a big promo at the start like real life WWE it's a great way to give some of the unused roster members exposure</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DatIsraeliGuy" data-cite="DatIsraeliGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like that idea, very original.<p> The stallone thing is a bit too much so I'll try someone else, maybe an injured worker with good popularity, or even just throw Austin in there.</p><p> I don't think it should be a storyline though, it could be the first match of every Raw, if you do a big promo at the start like real life WWE it's a great way to give some of the unused roster members exposure</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Thank you. I think it’s a great way to introduce some of my new signings and my call ups. I don’t plan on every competitor being a success, some will be sent to development and some will be a one and done deal. </p><p> </p><p> Only reason I mentioned Stallone is that he hosted my last WM and thanked the fans and promised to return one day. But he’s probably too far fetched. </p><p> </p><p> Austin is too busy being my figurehead to really participate in that, too. And Rick Rude fills the injured wrestler spot.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thank you. I think it’s a great way to introduce some of my new signings and my call ups. I don’t plan on every competitor being a success, some will be sent to development and some will be a one and done deal. <p> </p><p> Only reason I mentioned Stallone is that he hosted my last WM and thanked the fans and promised to return one day. But he’s probably too far fetched. </p><p> </p><p> Austin is too busy being my figurehead to really participate in that, too. And Rick Rude fills the injured wrestler spot.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can have a different worker be the fifth judge each week, that could be interesting</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DatIsraeliGuy" data-cite="DatIsraeliGuy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can have a different worker be the fifth judge each week, that could be interesting</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I’m not sure if every judge will appear every week or just the judge that most fits that type of competitor, so a guest judge might not work</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I’m not sure if every judge will appear every week or just the judge that most fits that type of competitor, so a guest judge might not work</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I love this idea, and honestly you have enough starpower for it to work and cover the general basis for the character. Hell I would even drop McMahon and just make it the three committee. You have In-Ring, Entertainment and Looks covered. Definitely don't run Stallone as he would be better sporadic in the guest authority role or host like WM.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HiPlus" data-cite="HiPlus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I love this idea, and honestly you have enough starpower for it to work and cover the general basis for the character. Hell I would even drop McMahon and just make it the three committee. You have In-Ring, Entertainment and Looks covered. Definitely don't run Stallone as he would be better sporadic in the guest authority role or host like WM.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I guess I’m not expecting it to be an 100 rated angle each week, so it might not need anyone else. </p><p> </p><p> Do you like the name RAW Talent? I’ve been struggling with a name</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I guess I’m not expecting it to be an 100 rated angle each week, so it might not need anyone else. <p> </p><p> Do you like the name RAW Talent? I’ve been struggling with a name</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Smack Search?</p><p> </p><p> The X-Pac Factor?</p><p> </p><p> America's Next Top Superstar?</p><p> </p><p> Raw Idol?</p><p> </p><p> RAW Talent is pretty good I think.</p>

<p>Wrestler 1 is due to win my KOTR which grants him a title shot within the next 12 months. Wrestler 2 will take the title towards the end of the year and the two of them will headline my next WM. only problem is the Royal Rumble winner. I don’t want to strip him of the right to headline WM but I also don’t want him involved in my money main event. </p><p> </p><p>

Thought?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wrestler 1 is due to win my KOTR which grants him a title shot within the next 12 months. Wrestler 2 will take the title towards the end of the year and the two of them will headline my next WM. only problem is the Royal Rumble winner. I don’t want to strip him of the right to headline WM but I also don’t want him involved in my money main event. <p> </p><p> Thought?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Let Wrestler 1 and 2 have their Title Match at the Royal Rumble, with either Wrestler 1 winning by DQ or Wrestler 2 winning by cheating or interference. Wrestler 1 than wants another (fair) chance at the title, but he has to win against the RR winner first in order to deserve the Main Event spot at WM (this way you avoid a triple threat and can choose which wrestler you want to see in the WM Main Event).</p><p> </p><p> Another option would be that you let Wrestler 1 and the RR winner fight after the Rumble, with either the RR or the KOTR Winner getting a kayfabe injury so he can't make it to WM. This could lead to a title Match after WM.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bumsfalara" data-cite="bumsfalara" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Let Wrestler 1 and 2 have their Title Match at the Royal Rumble, with either Wrestler 1 winning by DQ or Wrestler 2 winning by cheating or interference. Wrestler 1 than wants another (fair) chance at the title, but he has to win against the RR winner first in order to deserve the Main Event spot at WM (this way you avoid a triple threat and can choose which wrestler you want to see in the WM Main Event).<p> </p><p> Another option would be that you let Wrestler 1 and the RR winner fight after the Rumble, with either the RR or the KOTR Winner getting a kayfabe injury so he can't make it to WM. This could lead to a title Match after WM.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don’t really want W1 and W2 to meet one on one until the ME of WM as it has potential to be the biggest match available to me. </p><p> </p><p> I might go down the injury route and then have the RR winner come back after Mania and seek revenge for being costed the main event spot</p>

<p>Right guys. Plan was Remo v Champagne Lover at Supreme Challenge. Once in a lifetime match with Lover winning the strap.</p><p> </p><p>

But, Champagne Lover leaves to film a movie a week or two after SC. I went ahead as planned and had Lover win the Rumble so it seems like I have 2 options that I can think of.</p><p> </p><p>

Continue with the plan but have Remo win instead. Or put Nicky Champion into the mix and do a triple threat and have Champion run with the belt for a while.</p><p> </p><p>

Any thoughts on those two options or anyone got any more?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Right guys. Plan was Remo v Champagne Lover at Supreme Challenge. Once in a lifetime match with Lover winning the strap.<p> </p><p> But, Champagne Lover leaves to film a movie a week or two after SC. I went ahead as planned and had Lover win the Rumble so it seems like I have 2 options that I can think of.</p><p> </p><p> Continue with the plan but have Remo win instead. Or put Nicky Champion into the mix and do a triple threat and have Champion run with the belt for a while.</p><p> </p><p> Any thoughts on those two options or anyone got any more?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd say make an angle where someone attacks and "injures" Lover, so a new contender has to be found and when he returns he claims he has the right to his title shot.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Right guys. Plan was Remo v Champagne Lover at Supreme Challenge. Once in a lifetime match with Lover winning the strap.<p> </p><p> But, Champagne Lover leaves to film a movie a week or two after SC. I went ahead as planned and had Lover win the Rumble so it seems like I have 2 options that I can think of.</p><p> </p><p> Continue with the plan but have Remo win instead. Or put Nicky Champion into the mix and do a triple threat and have Champion run with the belt for a while.</p><p> </p><p> Any thoughts on those two options or anyone got any more?</p></div></blockquote><p> Have Reno win due to injury stoppage then continue to beat down Champagne Lover. Reno puts Lover out of action and continues to dominate. Now Lover is written off tv and you have a ready made revenge story when he gets back. </p><p> Alternately you could have Champagne win but then have Remo destroy him post match out of anger. Similar results but now you start a tournament to crown a new champion the night after SC and Champagne can set his sights on Remo and then the title when he gets back.</p>

Playing 1997 Montreal Aftermath.

I'm rebuilding the Horsemen as a face group to counter the nWo. And as expected, Benoit shows up wasted on pain killers, so he's been sent to rehab.

That leaves a massive hole in the Horsemen. I'm currently going with Flair, DDP and Scott Steiner with Arn as a mouth piece. But wondering who should fill that final spot.

I've thought about going the easy route and doing Goldberg. But also though about maybe Booker T and giving him a good single's run. But I also thought about turning him heel too....

other thoughts are Luger or the Giant ... Luger is annoying, he's going to get himself fired soon probably and I don't know if the Giant fits the Horsemen. But he'd obviously be a good enforcer.

I also got a owner goal to get Ray Traylor over as well ... but I've got him tagging with Mike Awesome.

A follow on from my long post the other day.

My initial thought was to have Austin v Rock at the next Wrestlemania and have it be the first time they’ve faced each other 1-1. Rock will be unbeaten for over a year and Austin will be champion. I’m torn between putting the belt on Rock or having him come up short and lose his first match to the figurehead Austin.

I’m edging towards having the RR winner involved in a hit and run and he will then postpone his WM title shot until he’s gotten his revenge. This will allow Rock to claim his KOTR title shot and face off against Austin.

My problem right now is not wanting to “hot potato” the title too much. Taker has just won it from Owen, who held it for three months. I don’t want to waste Austin’s first WWF championship win on a smaller PPV so that only leaves Summerslam and Royal Rumble really. Royal Rumble is only two months before WM so will make his first run short if I give Rock the win. Summerslam isn’t that far away and will make Taker look weak - despite being the leader of the most dominate stable in the WWF and having Kane and Mankind backing him.

Any ideas how I approach this?

Playing 1997 Montreal Aftermath.

I'm rebuilding the Horsemen as a face group to counter the nWo. And as expected, Benoit shows up wasted on pain killers, so he's been sent to rehab.

That leaves a massive hole in the Horsemen. I'm currently going with Flair, DDP and Scott Steiner with Arn as a mouth piece. But wondering who should fill that final spot.

I've thought about going the easy route and doing Goldberg. But also though about maybe Booker T and giving him a good single's run. But I also thought about turning him heel too....

other thoughts are Luger or the Giant ... Luger is annoying, he's going to get himself fired soon probably and I don't know if the Giant fits the Horsemen. But he'd obviously be a good enforcer.

I also got a owner goal to get Ray Traylor over as well ... but I've got him tagging with Mike Awesome.

Who's the tag team of the group or is that why you need the fourth man? What's the pecking order of your Horsemen? I imagine Flair's the top guy chasing the world title. But whither Page and Steiner? If they are both functioning as solos I would think Steiner would be ahead of Page as he'd have been an in ring guy for longer. DDP was more mouthpiece than competitor in the indies IRL and wouldn't be too far removed from that in 97.

Personally if I'm looking to make a team here, I'd be looking to who fit best with DDP as he'd be the Horseman most likely to need a partner. I suppose you could bring on Rick Steiner so you have the Nature Boy chasing World gold, a legendary Steiner Bros team chasing tag gold and DDP going Euro belt. But I think DDP being the tag guy is the better move. Scott would be Big Poppa Plump When You Cook Him at this point so he could be all the enforcer you need.

As for who, there's a certain symmetry with Goldberg as both would be fairly new to the ring at the time. But Goldberg would suggest enforcer type that Steiner already covers. My mind would tend to run to fellow Jersey guys with DDP. Perhaps a Bam Bam Bigelow so you have a veteran to help Page play catch-up in the ring. Or Candido. He'd be coming off the Body Donnas and the newfound seriousness could be balanced out by DDP's charisma. Heck maybe Flair is fond of Candido because he sees "Skip" as a project he can mold into the next Nature Boy. Worst case scenario there, Candido doesn't fit but could rebel against the group and try to take Flair's gimmick with him. Giving you an out should you need it.

Who's the tag team of the group or is that why you need the fourth man? What's the pecking order of your Horsemen? I imagine Flair's the top guy chasing the world title. But whither Page and Steiner? If they are both functioning as solos I would think Steiner would be ahead of Page as he'd have been an in ring guy for longer. DDP was more mouthpiece than competitor in the indies IRL and wouldn't be too far removed from that in 97.

Personally if I'm looking to make a team here, I'd be looking to who fit best with DDP as he'd be the Horseman most likely to need a partner. I suppose you could bring on Rick Steiner so you have the Nature Boy chasing World gold, a legendary Steiner Bros team chasing tag gold and DDP going Euro belt. But I think DDP being the tag guy is the better move. Scott would be Big Poppa Plump When You Cook Him at this point so he could be all the enforcer you need.

As for who, there's a certain symmetry with Goldberg as both would be fairly new to the ring at the time. But Goldberg would suggest enforcer type that Steiner already covers. My mind would tend to run to fellow Jersey guys with DDP. Perhaps a Bam Bam Bigelow so you have a veteran to help Page play catch-up in the ring. Or Candido. He'd be coming off the Body Donnas and the newfound seriousness could be balanced out by DDP's charisma. Heck maybe Flair is fond of Candido because he sees "Skip" as a project he can mold into the next Nature Boy. Worst case scenario there, Candido doesn't fit but could rebel against the group and try to take Flair's gimmick with him. Giving you an out should you need it.

That's great insight. I really like the Candido idea ... except he's under a written contract with ECW right now... same with Bam Bam. I could unmask Kanyon and bring him on as a tag partner with DDP and go that direction. but I'm thinking of doing DDP with the US title and doing an US open challenge. But I also thought about moving Flair to the tag team role like he was with Evolution.

Story wise though, Scott will be wanting to go after the tag titles as the Outsiders and nWo "injured" Rick and they lost the titles. So, bringing in Rick maybe the simplest storyline wise. Then I could I do the blow off between Scott and Rick when I finally decide to turn Scott.

I'm also clearing house with the nWo ... so guys like Savage, Hennig and Konan would be available as well... though Savage is really pissed and will probably go on vacation.

<p>I posted this in the “what’s happening in your game” thread, but figured it can’t hurt to post it here and get some advice </p><p> </p><p>

Using the Montreal Prelude mod</p><p> </p><p>

Taker just beat Owen for the title at KOTR. I crowned Owen the champion at Wrestlemania but the belts prestige started to suffer so I’m giving one of my top guys a run for a while. Taker will eventually lose it to Austin, but I’m unsure if that’s going to be at Summerslam or Royal Rumble. In regards to his first feud, he will rematch Owen next month before someone else sets his sights on the title. Maybe Sid. </p><p> </p><p>

Kane and Mankind (Who are in the Ministry with Taker, Bearer and Sultan) won the Tag Titles off of New Age Outlaws at KOTR. NAO has held it since the start of the game and defended it against all comers, but it was time to pass the belts on in order to make Ministry look even stronger. Not sure what they’ll do regarding a tag feud yet as the New Age Outlaws already made everyone else look weak. </p><p> </p><p>

Austin has been the Intercontinental champion since last year and most recently beat Vader. Next up I’m planning on having Sultan try and prove himself to Undertaker by going after the IC belt, but he will ultimately lose. I might let Owen take the title off of Austin before Austin goes after Taker, although they have already feuded over it once before. Maybe Ken Shamrock instead. </p><p> </p><p>

William Regal aligned with Jim Cornette and went on to win the European title. I planned on letting him have a long run, but he’s failed two drug tests since winning the belt and at KOTR I had him lose it to Bulldog who dedicated the victory to Stu Hart. Regal won feuds against Blackman alongside Sunny and Finley before losing the title. </p><p> </p><p>

No idea who Bulldog will feud with but I might make him announce himself a fighting champion and let him defend it most weeks until I put it on Goldust or Sultan. </p><p> </p><p>

Jushin Liger held the Lightweight belt from day one before beating pretty much everyone over the next 6 months. A returning X Pac went after Liger calling himself the original Lightweight and ended up taking the title off of Liger on his first attempt. I will probably give Liger a rematch, which he will lose, before moving X-Pac on. Problem is, X-Pac is an upper midcard wrestler and I don’t have any eligible wrestlers even close to being able to challenge that. Unless a top WCW cruiserwright becomes available, I don’t see who could believably beat him. Only thing I could do is introduce a Lightweight from development and add them to the Ministry so he can win via dirty tactics. </p><p> </p><p>

The Rock is on an impressive win streak dating back to when I started the game. To date he has won every singles match he’s been in, slowing becoming the second most popular wrestler in the WWF (behind Austin). His unbeaten run continued right the way to the KOTR final where he beat Shamrock. His KOTR win grants him a title shot at any point over the next 12 months (not yet sure if I’ll allow a ‘cash in’ type situation or if it’ll have to be announced beforehand). I plan for him to use it to challenge Austin at Wrestlemania, which will be the first time they’ve stepped in the ring together. Austin’s title v Rocks unbeaten streak on the grandest stage of them all. </p><p> </p><p>

Vince announced that this year will see the First Tag Team KOTR tournament with the winners also receiving a title shot. Triple H called in a favour with his old pal HBK (who had been on holiday since losing a rematch to Owen) and they beat LOD in the final - reuniting DX with Chyna in the process. The Money feud is them versus Kane and Mankind but I want the tag titles to stay out for a while yet. So in the mean time I think they might recruit X-Pac and maybe NAO and have some fun!</p><p> </p><p>

Vince recently introduced a new segment called ‘RAW Talent’ where an unsigned wrestler can step into the squared circle with a current WWF star for a chance to be called up to the big leagues. Judges Vince, Sunny, Terry Funk and Rick Rude are at hand to offer advice and opinions to the hopefully post match. So far Al Snow and Steve Williams have been offered contracts, but told that they still had some work to do before being ready for the big leagues, and a returning - and slightly more toned- Yokozuna impressed enough to be offered a PPA contract. The stand out competitor so far has been Bam Bam who I stole from ECW when his contract came up for negotiations. He debuted in a winning effort in a KOTR first round tie before being cost the win in the second round when Faarooq attacked him. They are currently 1-1 and will likely go on to have a best of 7 series. I have a number of other wrestlers that I plan on bringing through via the RAW Talent scheme, some much bigger than others. </p><p> </p><p>

Sid has just set his eyes on Sable, who is still paired with Marc Mero. Sid just destroyed Mero (who has returned from a long layoff) but couldn’t persuade Sable to leave Marc. Sid, however, is persistent and they will rematch at the next PPV. Will Sable want to align with the psychotic Sid or stick with Mero?</p><p> </p><p>

I’m not very good at the long term booking aspect and I probably book month to month too much, resulting in one month long feuds before moving on to someone else. I’m also too reliant on the old fashioned brawl angle. I need to start varying my angles when having two wrestlers feuding. </p><p> </p><p>

Wrestlemania is 9 months away and I have a few ideas to go alongside the Austin v Rock main event, but I’m not yet sure how we’ll get there. I wouldn’t mind doing Kane v Taker but I also don’t want to break up Ministry too soon. I did have an idea involving Ministry and Jake Roberts that I might work towards if I can get Roberts to enter into negotiations with me, but we’ll see. I also know that Ted DiBiase’ contract is free next month and I might have him come over and start a stable to feud with DX. </p><p> </p><p>

You might have noticed that Bret Hart wasn’t present for any of this. That’s because he jumped ship to WCW last month. He had lost the title to Owen at Wrestlemania and then had a month off. When he returned he was already in discussion with WCW so I didn’t want to put him over too much, just in case. He rematches Owen in a final ‘passing of the touch’ match before losing to Rock in the main event of RAW. I wanted him to rematch Rock at a PPV but he left before that could happen. </p><p> </p><p>

As well as stealing Bret, WCW also managed to keep ahold of Hogan. I entered into negotiations mainly to help weaken WCW, not because I actually wanted Hogan. After a long negotiation, WCW offered him the same wages and bonus that I did, but allowed him to only work events - something I wasn’t prepared to do. Ultimately, the resigning of Hogan and signing of Bret hasn’t helped because I have since taken over them in the national battle. I guess having Hogan lose to the title to Luger and only appearing at PPVs has really hurt them. They’ve even started to unsuccessfully try to get WCW chants started at my shows. </p><p> </p><p>

Thoughts? Anyone have any suggestions to improve what’s going on or any ideas of avenues I should explore? I’d love some ideas on what to do regarding the Royal Rumble because I don’t want Rock to win that but I also don’t want the winner to face the champion as that’ll ruin my Rock v Austin plans.</p><p> </p><p>

EDIT: I also purchased the AWA title and have been looking for a way to introduce that. Any ideas?</p>

<p>Two more things I could use advice on</p><p> </p><p>

First, I’m considering bringing back diBiase and having him try to buy out Austin. I’m going to use this to get the IC belt off of Austin because DiBiase can stack the odds against him. I’m going to include Sid and Sable, but who else will be a good fit? My roster isn’t too dissimilar to the WWFs around Montreal time. </p><p> </p><p>

I’m going to introduce a dirt sheet type paper where I hint at future events and include some false rumours. Looking for ideas of names</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Two more things I could use advice on<p> </p><p> First, I’m considering bringing back diBiase and having him try to buy out Austin. I’m going to use this to get the IC belt off of Austin because DiBiase can stack the odds against him. I’m going to include Sid and Sable, but who else will be a good fit? My roster isn’t too dissimilar to the WWFs around Montreal time. </p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> For me, I'd be looking at who has history with Austin. Maybe a guy like Brian Pillman. Have DiBiase trying to tap into Pillman's knowledge of Austin as his former tag partner. I know Pillman was doing the crazy guy thing when he and Austin crossed paths in WWE. But maybe that could be the root of DiBiase's failure. Pillman's ultimately too wild for him to control.</p><p> </p><p> I'd also be tempted to look at guys outside the company from Austin's early past. Like would a Rugged Rod Price be available? Always thought he deserved a taste of the big time and never understood why he didn't get it. Former stable mate of Austin's under Skandar Akbar in Devastation Inc. Hence would have known Austin's weak points before Austin even did. Perhaps Austin's original arch nemesis in Chris Adams. I remember him winding his career down in WCW about this time. Would bring both Adams and Austin full circle and allow Austin the ultimate last laugh in that rivalry. Maybe do both. Perhaps Pillman fails to help so Ted digs deeper for Adams or Price. Or vice versa. He digs deep, realizes that intel is outdated and tries to co-opt Pillman in response.</p>