Official "Booking Committee" Thread

Who would you book Hogan against in the first WrestleMania for the title? I was thinking Superstar Billy Graham would be a cool matchup. Obviously could go the Andre route. Randy Savage of course. Pretty much have every option but Flair or Dusty since they won't sign with me.

You need a big, bad, believable monster with some element of national recognition, if we want to go with a thematic, 'breaking into the mainstream' attitude. I'd consider Andre if you really want a title match, for sure.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You need a big, bad, believable monster with some element of national recognition, if we want to go with a thematic, 'breaking into the mainstream' attitude. I'd consider Andre if you really want a title match, for sure.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, that's probably my best bet. I was thinking Bruno Sammartino as well but he doesn't seem to be putting on good matches. Have the Andre turn heel a couple years earlier than IRL seems like the way to go.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Playing around with a few older real world databases. Was thinking about setting up and trying out Dragon Gate UK, based on the 2009 to 2014 attempt. <p> </p><p> That said, I'm stuck on names for titles under the 'Open the XX Gate' style. Dragon Gate USA had Open the Freedom and Open the United, but I can't think of equivalents for DGUK. </p><p> </p><p> Any suggestions?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Open the Stone Gate (reference to weight maybe a heavyweight exclusive belt? And Stonehenge) </p><p> Open the Brave Gate (reference to the Scots could be a hardcore title)</p><p> Open the Royal Gate (Could be a yearly tournament)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, that's probably my best bet. I was thinking Bruno Sammartino as well but he doesn't seem to be putting on good matches. Have the Andre turn heel a couple years earlier than IRL seems like the way to go.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Problem with Bruno in this spot is legendary face v current ace who is also uber face. While it may be a dream match for many, not having someone to root against could make it suffer. Especially at a time when Mania has yet to establish itself. If you had the title on someone else so Bruno v Hogan could go on next to last and you could finish with the title match then fine. But otherwise, way too risky.</p>

See when you are looking to have a year long feud - how do you usually set up the PPVs in between the start and end of the feud. Obviously can't have the same ME, do you keep the main feud and add in other main eventers and have the 2 in the main feud costing each other matches and just being around basically?

Problem with Bruno in this spot is legendary face v current ace who is also uber face. While it may be a dream match for many, not having someone to root against could make it suffer. Especially at a time when Mania has yet to establish itself. If you had the title on someone else so Bruno v Hogan could go on next to last and you could finish with the title match then fine. But otherwise, way too risky.

That's a good point. I'll probably save Bruno/Hogan for next Years Mania after Hogan has dropped the title. Thanks for the suggestion.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What sorts of things would people do when booking a babyface stable? Other than brief alliances to root out a heel stable, I'm not very familiar with any real world examples.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Babyfaces are naturally nice to everyone. Or atleast in the Anti-Hero kind of nice way. Unless there is a heel faction to oppose, it's very unlikely that a face stable would form at all. The only example I can think of is something alongside New Japan's 3rd Generation wrestlers (Nagata, Nakanishi, Kojima & Tenzan), who are associated due to being the top stars of an earlier era (similar to WCW's Millionaire's club), or Taguchi Japan, where a couple of babyfaces unite over some over the top gimmick/character trait of one member.</p><p> </p><p> Every other babyface stable (which I see as more than 3 people), has come together as a heel group, before turning face (CHAOS. nWo Wolfpack) or as an alliance against a heel group, even though they might stay together for longer afterwards.</p>

<p>Actually got me thinking of stables that debuted as babyfaces (although I don't know if they were formed to take on a heel stable, besides The Union, which was short lived)</p><p> </p><p>

The J.O.B. Squad, The Union, The Oddities, Misfits in Action, the actual Misfits, No Limit Soldiers, The Filthy Animals, The New Blood</p><p> </p><p>

I think its much easier to debut as a heel stable, work as heels and over time, become fan favorites. Like D-X or nWo Wolfpac, for example.</p>

I've got a Stable in my dynasty that needs a good name. I have a couple of ideas but nothing I'm really happy with. An hoping the creative minds here can help.

Members are Nathan Cruz, Sebastian and Earl Black Jr. They'll be acting entitled, snobbish, looking down on the fans and other wrestlers like peasants. Am searching for a name for the group that hints at a higher breeding, as if the members of this stable are a higher class of human than the common filth that watch our shows.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

I've got a Stable in my dynasty that needs a good name. I have a couple of ideas but nothing I'm really happy with. An hoping the creative minds here can help.

Members are Nathan Cruz, Sebastian and Earl Black Jr. They'll be acting entitled, snobbish, looking down on the fans and other wrestlers like peasants. Am searching for a name for the group that hints at a higher breeding, as if the members of this stable are a higher class of human than the common filth that watch our shows.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Some ideas:

• A Cut Above
  • Tory Nation
  • The House of Lords

<p>So I mispoke earlier. I'm actually heading into WM II in a few months and need an opponent for Hogan. I really dont want it to be Bundy. I hated that storyline and hes a terrible worker in my game.</p><p> </p><p>

OPTIONS:</p><p> </p><p>

Andre - The one I want it to be. Problem is the fans are rejecting hints at a heel turn. I could do a Face vs Face. I want to give Andre the strap before he hits time decline, but idk if the game will take away some points if I have a face vs face in the season finale of WrestleMania and take the strap off my figurehead?</p><p> </p><p>

Bruno Sammartino - This is obviously a dream match. Still would have the face vs face issue. Sammartino isnt putting on good matches (65 range). Could do a heel turn but that doesnt seem realistic at this point in his career.</p><p> </p><p>

Superstar Billy Graham - Another dream match. I could see him turning heel and saying Hogan stole his "style". Hes putting on decent matches in the 70s.</p><p> </p><p>

Jake The Snake - This would be an easy story line. Damian bites Hogan, turns Jake heel. He puts on matches in the 80s. Problem is I want to give him a title run too. You cant have a heel win at Mania? Maybe in a rematch a month later?</p><p> </p><p>

Randy Savage - Makes the most sense as I sit here typing it out. Puts on amazing matches. Hogan and him would steal the show. I also read they had title matches in '86.</p><p> </p><p>

Roddy Piper - Another one that makes sense after WM I. Leave Mr T & Orndorff out of it and let Hogan & Piper go at it. For some reason hes a face i my mod, so I'd do a heel turn but that should be easily doable.</p>

<p>Yeah Wrestlemania II is always the toughest one to decide on Hogan's opponent for me too. I've done Vader vs. Hogan at it in a save and it went well. Vader is very young at this time though. I also think Abdullah The Butcher would be a good big bad and something different from what the WWF ever actually did. </p><p> </p><p>

Of the choices you threw out though, I'd personally want to do Macho vs. Steamboat @ Mania III, so having him challenge Hogan at Mania II would feel like he was taking a step down the next year, so personally I'd not use him (if you don't want that Steamboat/Savage match for the IC title tho, he'd be a great choice. You could even make that dream match for the title at Mania III too) I say go with Graham if you are sticking with that list.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hulkamaniac85" data-cite="Hulkamaniac85" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah Wrestlemania II is always the toughest one to decide on Hogan's opponent for me too. I've done Vader vs. Hogan at it in a save and it went well. Vader is very young at this time though. I also think Abdullah The Butcher would be a good big bad and something different from what the WWF ever actually did. <p> </p><p> Of the choices you threw out though, I'd personally want to do Macho vs. Steamboat @ Mania III, so having him challenge Hogan at Mania II would feel like he was taking a step down the next year, so personally I'd not use him (if you don't want that Steamboat/Savage match for the IC title tho, he'd be a great choice. You could even make that dream match for the title at Mania III too) I say go with Graham if you are sticking with that list.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I feel like Vader needs to develop/get over more for that. But he begun a monster push so it's possible. My problem with that is I think I'd want an undefeated Vader to go over Hogan to legitimize him as my top big man since Andre is on his way out. Savage and Piper going 1 on 1 was my plan as my #2 match since I had them make a tag team and naturally it's going to implode. </p><p> </p><p> How much does a face vs face ding you for your grade?</p><p> </p><p> How much does having your figurehead lose the title on the season finale PPV ding your grade? </p><p> </p><p> This is what I need to find out</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RatedRKO16" data-cite="RatedRKO16" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41193" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I mispoke earlier. I'm actually heading into WM II in a few months and need an opponent for Hogan. I really dont want it to be Bundy. I hated that storyline and hes a terrible worker in my game.<p> </p><p> OPTIONS:</p><p> </p><p> Andre - The one I want it to be. Problem is the fans are rejecting hints at a heel turn. I could do a Face vs Face. I want to give Andre the strap before he hits time decline, but idk if the game will take away some points if I have a face vs face in the season finale of WrestleMania and take the strap off my figurehead?</p><p> </p><p> Bruno Sammartino - This is obviously a dream match. Still would have the face vs face issue. Sammartino isnt putting on good matches (65 range). Could do a heel turn but that doesnt seem realistic at this point in his career.</p><p> </p><p> Superstar Billy Graham - Another dream match. I could see him turning heel and saying Hogan stole his "style". Hes putting on decent matches in the 70s.</p><p> </p><p> Jake The Snake - This would be an easy story line. Damian bites Hogan, turns Jake heel. He puts on matches in the 80s. Problem is I want to give him a title run too. You cant have a heel win at Mania? Maybe in a rematch a month later?</p><p> </p><p> Randy Savage - Makes the most sense as I sit here typing it out. Puts on amazing matches. Hogan and him would steal the show. I also read they had title matches in '86.</p><p> </p><p> Roddy Piper - Another one that makes sense after WM I. Leave Mr T & Orndorff out of it and let Hogan & Piper go at it. For some reason hes a face i my mod, so I'd do a heel turn but that should be easily doable.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I say Jake the Snake. Him and Hogan never got a good program in real life and if he's clean for you atm use him while you can. His in-ring is amazing so he can carry Hogan in that regard and he can hang his own in promos.</p><p> You could even have Piper and Jake team up and make Hogan's life miserable for a couple months.</p>

See when you are looking to have a year long feud - how do you usually set up the PPVs in between the start and end of the feud. Obviously can't have the same ME, do you keep the main feud and add in other main eventers and have the 2 in the main feud costing each other matches and just being around basically?

I usually revolve others into the storyline and in PPV matches and keep the main feud in angles.

For example, my current year long feud with Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch (starts out as a friendly rivalry)

Backlash: Becky Lynch defeats Nia Jax

Sasha Banks defeats Summer Rae to retain the championship

Money in the Bank: Alexa Bliss wins Money in the Bank with Becky in the match

Sasha defeats Mickie James to retain the championship

Battleground: Paige and Summer Rae go to a draw in a number one contenders match

Sasha defeats Nikki Bella to retain the championship with Becky as referee

Becky gets put into the title match on a Smackdown. Put Paige and Summer into the storyline

Summerslam: Becky defeats Paige, Summer Rae, and Sasha to win the title

Alexa immediately cashes in on Becky

Put Alexa into the storyline

Hell in a Cell: Becky Lynch defeats Alexa Bliss for the championship

The next Smackdown, Sasha and Alexa both challenge Becky for the championship. Sasha wins a triple threat for the championship by cheating and pinning Becky. Sasha turns heel.

Paige wins contendership and Becky is put into a match with Trish Stratus at Evolution

Evolution: Becky defeats Trish Stratus

Sasha defeats Paige to retain the championship

Survivor Series: Becky wins for her Survivor Series team

Sasha wins against the Raw champion Naomi

Becky is granted a title match against Sasha at TLC

TLC: Alexa attacks Becky backstage, taking her out of the title match. Gets replaced by a substitute

Sasha defeats the substitute to retain the championship

Royal Rumble: Sasha retains the championship against Alexa

Becky wins the Royal Rumble with Sasha on commentary

Fast Lane: Becky Lynch defeats Alexa to keep her title match in an ironman man match

Sasha defeats Paige to retain the championship

WrestleMania: Becky vs. Sasha

You can do a lot of other things, but hopefully, this helps with a few ideas. I didn't have the luxury of heel authorities in this angle, but that could also really help out with the myriad of options from that.

Yeah I feel like Vader needs to develop/get over more for that. But he begun a monster push so it's possible. My problem with that is I think I'd want an undefeated Vader to go over Hogan to legitimize him as my top big man since Andre is on his way out. Savage and Piper going 1 on 1 was my plan as my #2 match since I had them make a tag team and naturally it's going to implode.

How much does a face vs face ding you for your grade?

How much does having your figurehead lose the title on the season finale PPV ding your grade?

This is what I need to find out

So, a same alignment matchup barely touches your grade. It does touch it a little bit, but not a whole lot. I've had 2 >99.5 heel vs. heel matches.

Make it a compelling storyline with good workers, even better with good chemistry but even terrible chemistry can be overcome.

I'm not sure about having a figurehead lose in the season finale. This is the first I've heard it ever brought up.

Edit: So, I did have my figurehead lose in the season finale before. The match got a 99.

I'm looking to start a 4 Horsemen/Evolution type stable, and I can't decide who should lead it. I'm running WWE in a modern day mod. My plan was originally to use Randy Orton with The Revival and either Cesaro or Drew McIntyre taking the Arn Anderson role. However, I was just looking at my roster, and I ran across Bobby Roode who has been tagging with EC3 as The New Money Inc. I could put them in the stable with maybe Cesaro, Davey Boy Smith Jr., Pete Dunne or Tyler Breeze and make a pretty strong stable with that crew. Any ideas?

I'm looking to start a 4 Horsemen/Evolution type stable, and I can't decide who should lead it. I'm running WWE in a modern day mod. My plan was originally to use Randy Orton with The Revival and either Cesaro or Drew McIntyre taking the Arn Anderson role. However, I was just looking at my roster, and I ran across Bobby Roode who has been tagging with EC3 as The New Money Inc. I could put them in the stable with maybe Cesaro, Davey Boy Smith Jr., Pete Dunne or Tyler Breeze and make a pretty strong stable with that crew. Any ideas?

I'd recast Evolution as:

Ric Flair - Triple H

Triple H - Randy Orton

Randy Orton - Kevin Owens

Batista - Samoa Joe

I know Owens and Joe are far more polished and established than Orton and Batista were in their Evolution days, but that's the evolution of Evolution. ;)

This is unbelievably easy for me. You call up Gargano and have him feud with Bryan, have them split a few PPV matches, you tease a Bryan face turn, you give them a Gargano heel turn when he helps Bryan take the belt off Kofi. You have Shawn Michaels fill the Flair role, and then you have The Undisputed Era debut as babyfaces and challenge them. This allows you to have Bryan wrestle Friday and Wednesday and keep those AEW scamps where they belong.

I do like Drew McIntyre as the lead. Was always a fan of him as The Chosen One gimmick.

Cesaro is a good workhorse in the Arn/HHH role and would work here.

For the young stud with potential, EC3 would be a good call.

But who to play the power merchant/muscle of the team? Maybe Donovan Dijakovic? Killian Dain?

But who to play the power merchant/muscle of the team? Maybe Donovan Dijakovic? Killian Dain?

I don't know if you're willing to look outside the company or not. But a guy who comes to mind that wrestles really well as a power merchant and would have the potential to grow into more a la Batista is Rocco Bellagio. Watched that guy run the OVW heavyweight scene for over a year and every time I watch him he reminds me in a good way of a young Kevin Nash. His "crazy eyes" were also often referenced in OVW. So if the stable comes to a bad end, he could menace his former partners in a way I'm not sure a guy like a Donavan Dijak would do nearly as well.

<p>I'm looking for ideas on how to handle the Women's championship at Summerslam 2019. Ronda unified the belts by winning at Wrestlemania. Here is how her title defenses have gone:</p><p> </p><p>

1. She beat Alexa Bliss on Raw.</p><p>

2. She beat Stephanie at Super ShowDown</p><p>

3. She beat Asuka at Stomping Ground</p><p>

4. She beat Natalya at Extreme Rules.</p><p> </p><p>

Now at Summerslam, Ronda is facing AJ Lee who returned at Extreme Rules, and Bayley who is currently Ms. Money in the Bank.</p><p> </p><p>

So what should I do?</p><p>

A. Have Ronda retain</p><p>

B. Have AJ Lee win</p><p>

C. Have Bayley win w/o cashing in.</p><p>

D. Have Bayley win after cash in post-match.</p>