Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So under "TEW 2016 Achievements", it says "hold one A* match"... Now, I've held several A* matches (maybe not several, but around 5 at least). But I have not unlocked that achievement... Does it only count as an A* match, if it is rated a flat out 100? And not 97 or 99?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, it must be, as I've had several A* matches but no 100 matches and I don't have the achievement either.</p><p> </p><p> EDIT: I've just got a 100 rated match and I now have the achievement, so it's only 100 rated matches.</p>

<p>I'm playing a WCW Lives game as WCW and I'm having trouble gaining popularity. I'm National, as are WWE.</p><p> </p><p>

Over the past year I've:</p><p> </p><p>

1) Won the National Battle every month by over 500 points.</p><p>

2) Generally always put on better shows than WWE, though now and again they'll put on a better show.</p><p>

3) Tanked WWE's popularity, dropping them from International to National.</p><p>

4) Gain popularity with every show I put on.</p><p> </p><p>

Yet in a year I've not gained a single point of popularity. I was under the impression that losing the National Battle would hinder your popularity regardless of the show quality, but I've never lost a National Battle, so I have no idea why I'm not gaining pop.</p><p> </p><p>

Any ideas why I'm not gaining? I've just put on a 99 rated Starrcade with two 100 matches and it's resulted in 0 popularity gain (I've just checked and I'm actually on 79.0% popularity throughout the US). It's getting very annoying.</p><p> </p><p>

The wrestling industry has always been falling, and it's only just starting to rise. Could that have anything to do with it? It seems excessive if that's the case.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/lrp0m3M.png</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i.imgur.com/lblZIDg.png</span></p>

<p>Sorry I didn't follow this up sooner. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="FlameSnoopy" data-cite="FlameSnoopy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>His worker style (technician, entertainer etc.) probably doesn't fit well with your product.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't *think* that's it. My company is a lucha/mainstream based company and the upper midcarder in question have Luchador as worker style.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Liger!Liger!" data-cite="Liger!Liger!" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is his and the Main Eventer's Charisma and Star Quality at?I believe this also plays a role.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This could be *part* of it. Compared to my main eventers, this upper midcarder's Charisma of 68 and Star Quality of 63 is at the lower end, but not lower than all of them.</p>

<p>Hi, small question. Can a worker can use 2 alter egos at the same time, one being face, the other being heel ?</p><p> </p><p>

I do a "what if" game, with Magnum TA back from his injuries in WCW in 1991, I want him to feud with a masked heel Mr. Wrestling 3. Behind the mask, it will be Dustin Rhodes. I want to push Dustin Rhodes as a face, while he his a heel behind the mask, for a big unmasking at Starrcade.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HollywoodRx" data-cite="HollywoodRx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi, small question. Can a worker can use 2 alter egos at the same time, one being face, the other being heel ?<p> </p><p> I do a "what if" game, with Magnum TA back from his injuries in WCW in 1991, I want him to feud with a masked heel Mr. Wrestling 3. Behind the mask, it will be Dustin Rhodes. I want to push Dustin Rhodes as a face, while he his a heel behind the mask, for a big unmasking at Starrcade.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not without turning him on each appearance, which wouldn't work</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HollywoodRx" data-cite="HollywoodRx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi, small question. Can a worker can use 2 alter egos at the same time, one being face, the other being heel ?<p> </p><p> I do a "what if" game, with Magnum TA back from his injuries in WCW in 1991, I want him to feud with a masked heel Mr. Wrestling 3. Behind the mask, it will be Dustin Rhodes. I want to push Dustin Rhodes as a face, while he his a heel behind the mask, for a big unmasking at Starrcade.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Get all Black Scorpion about things and just hire someone else to be Mr. Wrestling 3 until it's time for the big reveal, where all you have to do is just have Dustin unmask as "Mr. Wrestling 3" even though someone else has been under the hood the whole time.</p><p> </p><p> It's certainly not the most ridiculous thing that's been done in pro wrestling...</p>

<p>Is there any downside to running more than one event every month ?</p><p> </p><p>

I needed some money so I ran a second PPV in the same month, and I ended up earning 300k dollars compared to months where I only ran one. Is there a negative effect of running too many events ? And where would you draw the line between "enough" and "too many" ?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't *think* that's it. My company is a lucha/mainstream based company and the upper midcarder in question have Luchador as worker style.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Could you write out / screenshot your product in it's entirety?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wearsupereggs12" data-cite="wearsupereggs12" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i am running wcw in 1997, hired guy with 40 pop. i had him 6 minutes domination match at nitro and his pop is dropper to 39. why?<p> (sorry for bad english)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Match was probably too long. I try to not do a domination match longer than 3 minutes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wearsupereggs12" data-cite="wearsupereggs12" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>i am running wcw in 1997, hired guy with 40 pop. i had him 6 minutes domination match at nitro and his pop is dropper to 39. why?<p> (sorry for bad english)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Also, if the dominating worker has poor charisma, the dominating worker can actually lose popularity.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nossair" data-cite="Nossair" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any downside to running more than one event every month ?<p> </p><p> I needed some money so I ran a second PPV in the same month, and I ended up earning 300k dollars compared to months where I only ran one. Is there a negative effect of running too many events ? And where would you draw the line between "enough" and "too many" ?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Your crowds will get burnt out and will stop showing up after too many shows in a region in a short time. I'm not 100% sure of it but a regional company with 5 shows a month (TV once a week and an event) does alright.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="mitsukaikira" data-cite="mitsukaikira" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Your crowds will get burnt out and will stop showing up after too many shows in a region in a short time. I'm not 100% sure of it but a regional company with 5 shows a month (TV once a week and an event) does alright.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> There is no penalty for too many shows held in a region. Given how big many of the regions are, this was removed. Possibly as far back as TEW10, but definitely in 16 and 13.</p><p> </p><p> As for the original questions about PPVs, you can see significant drops in PPV numbers when you hold more frequent events but the actual attendances don't suffer. Generally speaking, you can make a lot more money from running lots of PPVs (as long as you have a TV deal to support them). It's a personal preference on exactly how often you run them, but with the "death of PPV" feature you may find that your PPVs eventually will draw really low buyrates and that is something that will happen universally in the game. :0</p>

<p>Hello! </p><p> </p><p>

A new player here. TEW 16 is my first game with this series. I just started a real world mod and advanced like couple months. I am at Survivor Series now and have some problem. As you know before every PPV you can select your broadcasting system to be whether PPV or network. Thought I pick network but right now it says 'not being broadcas anywhere' and its cannot be changed. There must be some way for me to fix this thing ha? Its so weird that changing is this hard. And if there is really NO way to fix things what would happen if I run the show with no coverage? Or is it better to cancel and delay to next weekend or something? I hope there is some way to fix this. </p><p> </p><p>

Thanks in advance for every post.</p>

<p>I would not cancel that. Run the show anyway as a Live show, and learn from mistakes. </p><p> </p><p>

Cancelling the show <span style="text-decoration:underline;">I believe</span> hurts your popularity everywhere, you loose the cash (cash you'd earn from gates/attendance) and morale, and by running it with no coverage, you only loose some cash (from PPV buys but keep money from attendance), plus loose eventual gainin areas where you would have coverage, you may still gain or keep popularity in the region your Event will take a place.</p>

<p>Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.</p><p> </p><p>

Do body types matter? I'm looking to convert an old data from TEW13 to this year's game, and I'm wondering if changing the body types or not will make any difference to the workers' performances or matches? Thank you</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Nossair" data-cite="Nossair" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Also, does airing an event on TV as well as on PPV affect your PPV buyrate ?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes ofcourse. If you air an event on TV that has coverage in the US, then people in the US won't pay to watch it when they can watch it for free on TV. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't air an event on both TV and PPV in the same country, do to them clashing...</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kesselll" data-cite="kesselll" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I would not cancel that. Run the show anyway as a Live show, and learn from mistakes. <p> </p><p> Cancelling the show <span style="text-decoration:underline;">I believe</span> hurts your popularity everywhere, you loose the cash (cash you'd earn from gates/attendance) and morale, and by running it with no coverage, you only loose some cash (from PPV buys but keep money from attendance), plus loose eventual gainin areas where you would have coverage, you may still gain or keep popularity in the region your Event will take a place.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks for the post man.</p><p> </p><p> I run the show; it got B- for the overall rating and it lost me popularity in only one region. I thought it would be disaster but yeah as you said I have to learn from mistakes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Captain2" data-cite="Captain2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can wrestlers get better at playing face or heel? I ask because right now I have the Undertaker in my 1989 game and he's only at 71 at being a face. I'd prefer if he got better at it because I just prefer face Undertaker.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes they can.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Captain2" data-cite="Captain2" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can wrestlers get better at playing face or heel? I ask because right now I have the Undertaker in my 1989 game and he's only at 71 at being a face. I'd prefer if he got better at it because I just prefer face Undertaker.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes,just have him play face or hope a good babyface takes him under his wing.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="HWRP" data-cite="HWRP" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.<p> </p><p> Do body types matter? I'm looking to convert an old data from TEW13 to this year's game, and I'm wondering if changing the body types or not will make any difference to the workers' performances or matches? Thank you</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think only body type changes matter as they affect Sex Appeal/SQ.</p>

With the whole "death of PPV" feature, my hand is forced and I really need to transition my WWE deals off of PPV carriers and onto the WWE Network. Only I don't see an option under broadcasters to set it to WWE Network on PPV day. I have shows on the Network, but no PPVs. Am I missing something?