Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="d12345" data-cite="d12345" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The individual performance is heavily influenced by product styles. I large guy with low in-ring skills but high charisma, SQ, and at 90pop can have a great performance in a Mainstream product. While in a puro fed would probably look quite terrible individually.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, I know that (see my edit).</p><p> </p><p> Maybe I wasn't clear enough with my question. Let me give an example. When it says "Steve DeColt had an in-ring performance of A*" does this A* rating include his actual in-ring skills adjusted by his popularity or is it only his pure in-ring abilities that go into this A* rating?</p><p> I hope I'm making sense here. Does anyone know? Adam maybe?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, I know that (see my edit).<p> </p><p> Maybe I wasn't clear enough with my question. Let me give an example. When it says "Steve DeColt had an in-ring performance of A*" does this A* rating include his actual in-ring skills adjusted by his popularity or is it only his pure in-ring abilities that go into this A* rating?</p><p> I hope I'm making sense here. Does anyone know? Adam maybe?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In-ring and popularity.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dr_Avalanche" data-cite="Dr_Avalanche" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can someone explain a little the effect of visibility, or lack thereof? <p> </p><p> Will my popularity growth in a region suffer if I don't visit it regularly, and if that is the case, what is considered regularly? How big is the effect?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You don't need to physically visit a region regularly as long as you're being <em>seen</em> regularly. If you're not being broadcast in that region and don't visit then you will lose popularity because people will forget about you. The time and size of the effect depend on your popularity.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="vbase" data-cite="vbase" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Are there any advantages to having people in a stable, apart from the obvious "note-keeping" or "remembrance" value?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not hugely. Weaker members can gain some advantage from being associated with better people, but it's not going to massively change their standing.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SanX" data-cite="SanX" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can somebody guide me on the risk levels of broadcasters? Do they directly relate to the content risk of the match?<p> </p><p> Thank You in Advance.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Content risk of each match or angle. Meaning if a broadcaster only allows very low risk content, you won't be able to use matches or angles that have medium or high risk on shows done for that broadcaster.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="njmcfreak" data-cite="njmcfreak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>"X has a strong connection with the young female demographic, who really enjoyed her winning"<p> </p><p> What exactly does this mean? I just got this for the first time ever.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This is like the Bayley Effect. Basically they kind of non-threatening big sister type who has the kind of appeal that can bring a different type of fan to your show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Dynamite Sid" data-cite="The Dynamite Sid" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Asked this in another thread elsewhere but didn't get a definitive response<p> </p><p> If a worker refuses to sign with your company because your product is too risque will increasing your company's size increase the chances of them signing or do you have to change the product?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The size isn't relevant to their decision.</p>

In-ring and popularity.

Thanks, Adam.

Is there some kind of help file for TEW 2016? I'd really like to get better at properly constructing a card, learning how to use the different types of match styles (work the crowd, calm the crowd, etc) and just overall be better at this game.

There is no Word document like there used to be in previous versions of the game. However, there's the new "player's handbook" on your office screen (the button on the far right). It's really helpful and goes really in depth on certain topics.

I tend to get better match ratings by just keeping a match "Regular" instead of adding a match aim to it. In fact, if I take, say Tommy Cornell vs Wolf Hawkins I got an A* on their title match just set as Regular where, when I set up an Epic rematch it was rated an A but a few ticks lower (like maybe a 93). I'm not really seeing any boosts or points to using Match Aims, other than what's required of my Product setting. Does anyone else experience this?

I almost think there should be a little penalty for a match just being "Regular" to encourage use of Match Aims more.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shipshirt" data-cite="shipshirt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I tend to get better match ratings by just keeping a match "Regular" instead of adding a match aim to it. In fact, if I take, say Tommy Cornell vs Wolf Hawkins I got an A* on their title match just set as Regular where, when I set up an Epic rematch it was rated an A but a few ticks lower (like maybe a 93). I'm not really seeing any boosts or points to using Match Aims, other than what's required of my Product setting. Does anyone else experience this? <p> </p><p> I almost think there should be a little penalty for a match just being "Regular" to encourage use of Match Aims more.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It depends on the product. I seem to get higher ratings on Story Telling matches than Regular. Epic needs the crowd to be at the right level and probably other factors to get a bump. I wouldn't be using on guys that can pull 90's regularly.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It depends on the product. I seem to get higher ratings on Story Telling matches than Regular. Epic needs the crowd to be at the right level and probably other factors to get a bump. I wouldn't be using on guys that can pull 90's regularly.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah that's a good point. Maybe it's not meant for the upper guys who are already putting on great matches without any outside factors. I've only really used it with those types but I'll try it on lower card guys to see what happens. Thanks.</p>

I don't know if this had been asked before but how many titles should I have at any given time like at what size should I add a cruiserweight, women's, tag, or hardcore (tertiary) title to my show along with when to do a brand split and the titles they require like the main title on both or every title is exclusive.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordOther" data-cite="LordOther" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know if this had been asked before but how many titles should I have at any given time like at what size should I add a cruiserweight, women's, tag, or hardcore (tertiary) title to my show along with when to do a brand split and the titles they require like the main title on both or every title is exclusive.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can get away with having no titles at all, so don't feel pressured to add more if you can't fit them into your plans.</p><p> </p><p> On the other hand, you could also just go crazy and have a title for every little idea.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Teh_Showtime" data-cite="Teh_Showtime" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can get away with having no titles at all, so don't feel pressured to add more if you can't fit them into your plans.<p> </p><p> On the other hand, you could also just go crazy and have a title for every little idea.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's true but I always consider adding a new title or two whenever I go up in size because I wouldn't think a local size would have a hardcore, intercontinental, US, and European title. But at the same time I doubt a global size would have only 1 main event. I do though add in a cruiserweight title regularly in my games just because I want to push Gregory Helms or a character I found.</p>

Hey guys, what are some reasons a worker would reject negotiations with you? I've ruled out bad relationships with my user character and he's a reasonably liberal worker so that's not a factor, even though it's not a particularly risky promotion. The only things I could think of are he's from Japan and I'm a US promotion (though I'm international size and he can work in the US) and that he's a part of three promotions already, all PPA. I'm thinking that's probably it but I'd like to get some confirmation on that. Thanks in advance.