Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

As such, a Young Lion has to build up all of this in the eyes of the fans, earning their respect (their Respect score) with strong performances (their in-ring performance score and match ratings) over a period of time until they reach a minimum level (35.1, or a D- score, though turning 32 also eliminates this).

I had no idea that there the respect rating determined when the young lion faze ended. Also, with young lions they always take the fall in matches and they never are the ones to pick up the fall. They never win matches against non young lions. There are no exceptions to these rules in 99.9% of cases.

I'm new to puro so maybe someone more experienced could help me with this? How long does the young lion faze last in real life. Isn't it 2-3 years?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shipshirt" data-cite="shipshirt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I just noticed that under finishes there's a selection for Total Elimination. What's the difference between that and an Elimination finish? There wasn't a ? next to the finish dropdown.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's used in team matches where every member needs to be eliminated, instead of having - for instance - 3 vs 3 vs 3 where you just need to pin one member to eliminate the team and still keep the match going (contrary to the 'one fall' stipulation).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blackman" data-cite="Blackman" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's used in team matches where every member needs to be eliminated, instead of having - for instance - 3 vs 3 vs 3 where you just need to pin one member to eliminate the team and still keep the match going (contrary to the 'one fall' stipulation).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> So that would mean, in the example you gave, that each member of two of the teams would need to be eliminated for the match to be over? Instead of one member being eliminated eliminating the whole team?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MainOffender" data-cite="MainOffender" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Unfortunately, I don't think companies will open after the set debut date. There's a workaround, though:<p> </p><p> Go into the database editor (not the in-game editor) and change the debut date for ECW (or whatever company you want). You could also change the potential founder at this point if you want it to be someone other than Heyman. </p><p> </p><p> Go back into your game, and change the name of the existing ECW record to avoid a conflict. Then, import the new ECW you edited.</p><p> </p><p> Rather than messing around in contracts, I'd personally just leave the founder blank. If you want Heyman to own or book the company, you can always put him into that role via adding a new player to the game and immediately leaving.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks that worked, though I can't import titles, so they'll have to be okay with AI generated ones, but at least the companies will pop up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Lukok" data-cite="Lukok" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks that worked, though I can't import titles, so they'll have to be okay with AI generated ones, but at least the companies will pop up.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can edit the titles after the companies open up.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shipshirt" data-cite="shipshirt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So that would mean, in the example you gave, that each member of two of the teams would need to be eliminated for the match to be over? Instead of one member being eliminated eliminating the whole team?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is correct. It's been used by Attitude-era WWE for tables, cage-escape and bra&panties matches.</p>

Question - how do I get AI controlled companies to use a generic logo for their events instead of the generic logo that just says EVENT? For example, if the AI controls TNA, and I make an event logo called TNA.jpg, will it use that by default when it makes new events? Or does it have to be TNA_gen.jpg? I think there is a way to do this automatically, tho I could be wrong. Thanks!

Hey guys, for those of you that play in the WWE current day with a brand split. Do you do 1 PPV for RAW and 1 PPV for Smackdown for month or is that too much? Should i just do 1 PPV for RAW in one month and 1 PPV for Smackdown the next month?

I'm sorry, this was supposed to be a question. question- why aren't you explaining this instead of making us learn it when our games get screwed?

Frankie Perez beats Donnie J for CZCW title. Donnie J loses 4.8 points of overness. Frankie Perez gains zilch.

This is messed up. You need to start explaining the changes to the overness gains instead of throwing them out there for us to figure out. As I said before, I'm fine with overness gains being minimized for tiny companies. But if Frankie isn't gaining Donnie shouldn't be losing

I'm sorry, this was supposed to be a question. question- why aren't you explaining this instead of making us learn it when our games get screwed?

Please dial down the aggression, there's no need for it.

I haven't ever gone over the overness change methods in detail because it's literally hundreds and hundreds of lines of code and interactions between them, it be impenetrably difficult to understand and impossible to full describe without actually just going ahead and posting the code.

Furthermore, giving out exactly what you need to do to get specific results would be bad for the game in general. The fact that there are surprises and you have to try things out is part of the appeal of the game to a lot of people. I'm never going to spell out how everything works, and actively want people to have to work things out for themselves (or, preferably, not try and work out everything to a minute level at all and just play the game as if it was real, which is the ultimate goal). If you find that philosophy irritating, so be it, but I've been totally upfront about it from day one so you should hardly be surprised about the fact that the game takes that approach.

On your exact situation, I think you're engaging in hyperbole when you go with "messed up" and "screwed". It's nothing of the sort. You had a loser who lost a bit of overness (nothing wrong there), and a winner who didn't gain (again, nothing wrong there - not everyone does, whether in reality or the game). I'm sure that could be annoying if it's spoiled some plans you had, but you've not been "screwed" by any definition. Obviously it wasn't what you planned, but if you got everything you wanted going exactly the way you wanted it would be a much less interesting game. It's also closer to reality that way - plans don't always work, and sometimes losers gain popularity, sometimes winners don't, and sometimes the fans just don't go along with what you want. If you're looking for a game where the winner always gains and the loser always loses, this isn't it.

I don't see anything wrong with Donnie J losing 4.8% of overness - he lost for a start, and there are any number of reasons why he might lose a bit extra that normal.

Perez gaining zero, again, could be any number of reasons. He may have hit his popularity cap, either overall or, more likely, that CZCW can provide given their size. It's not spelled out when people hit their caps because that would be very silly (players would just instantly give up on pushes for example). You can work it (caps) out from experience and observation, just like in reality. That mechanic is absolutely intentional. I actively want players not to be sure when someone has hit their cap, so that they may end up pushing someone to no effect or to have to try other things. You wouldn't know instantly in reality when someone has peaked in terms of popularity, and indeed there are many famous examples of guys being pushed far too long when they're not moving the needle at all (if only there was a well-known current situation I could reference....), and that's what the game is trying to replicate. Has Perez peaked in your game? I've no idea, you've not provided enough detail for any sort of analysis, but maybe. It could be that he's reached the highest level he can with CZCW (again, totally realistic, smaller promotions can only take someone so far). It could be that he's just never going to be more than a regional attraction. It could be that it was just a one-time thing and he could be the Next Big Thing if you just push him to the moon. It's up to you to decide whether you abandon his push now or continue and see if it was just a one-off hitch, and that's totally in-line with reality.

Other reasons for his lack of gain might be that his performance wasn't very good at negated any positives from winning, the fans just weren't that impressed with him, the booking of the match might not have favoured him...again, there's many, many reasons why it might be. The player is encouraged to play around with it to find out. Maybe he's not the right man to be on top. Maybe you need to go with a different champ. Maybe he just needs better booking. That's part of the game.

<p>I know you can't broadcast an event on multiple broadcasters with clashing coverage, but does that also cover Subscription based broadcasters? </p><p> </p><p>

Like, if I wanted to broadcast an event on a PPV-provider with coverage in the US, and at the same time on the WWE Network, would that be possible?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know you can't broadcast an event on multiple broadcasters with clashing coverage, but does that also cover Subscription based broadcasters? <p> </p><p> Like, if I wanted to broadcast an event on a PPV-provider with coverage in the US, and at the same time on the WWE Network, would that be possible?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> im not sure if you can but when I tried i had to choose between WWE network and PPV-provider</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know you can't broadcast an event on multiple broadcasters with clashing coverage, but does that also cover Subscription based broadcasters? <p> </p><p> Like, if I wanted to broadcast an event on a PPV-provider with coverage in the US, and at the same time on the WWE Network, would that be possible?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pretty sure it applies for subscription broadcasters, even if you own them.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Andylion" data-cite="Andylion" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to see everyone that was involved in a battle royal? I booked the Royal Rumble a few months ago and, while I remember most of the details, I'd like a list of everyone that was involved.</div></blockquote><p> Double click on the match on the results screen and it'll show all the workers involved. With a battle royal, you'll have to scroll to the right to see all participants, though.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Double click on the match on the results screen and it'll show all the workers involved. With a battle royal, you'll have to scroll to the right to see all participants, though.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> From the show history screen? Can you only do that during the AM part of the day?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DrZaiu5" data-cite="DrZaiu5" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi everyone, sorry if this is the wrong thread. I'm playing TEW 2013 at the minute and despite the fact that my shows are getting higher and higher ratings my company ranking keeps going down. How exactly are company rankings calculated?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If the economy and/or wrestling industry is falling in your area that would explain it. Also if you're losing regional or national battles could explain it</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wwfmark" data-cite="wwfmark" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm thinking of changing my promotion away from having a face/heel divide, can anyone explain to me the in game pros and cons of not having the divide?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pros: You have greater liberty when booking, as you don't have to worry about booking faces vs heels. You are also not limited by the face/heel split when choosing gimmicks for your workers</p><p> </p><p> Cons: You can't take advantage of a worker's skill in portraying a babyface/heel</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="bonnie" data-cite="bonnie" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If the economy and/or wrestling industry is falling in your area that would explain it. Also if you're losing regional or national battles could explain it</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Both the economy and wrestling industry are low but rising. I'm in Europe, playing UEW and I don't think I'm involved in any battles.</p>

<p>Does anyone have any advice for an absolute novice at this game?</p><p>

I'm 6 months into a game with FCW from the C-Verse and although I'm making a profit each month and I'm gaining popularity in 1 region every time, My ratings are beginning to drop due to my production values. </p><p>

Is it worth continuing to steadily make a profit with the hope of gaining enough importance to go to Regional, Or should I just increase all my productions to improve ratings but ultimately lose money until becoming regional?</p>

Does anyone have any advice for an absolute novice at this game?

I'm 6 months into a game with FCW from the C-Verse and although I'm making a profit each month and I'm gaining popularity in 1 region every time, My ratings are beginning to drop due to my production values.

Is it worth continuing to steadily make a profit with the hope of gaining enough importance to go to Regional, Or should I just increase all my productions to improve ratings but ultimately lose money until becoming regional?

As long as your shows (even with penalties) are getting higher ratings than your popularity, and your popularity is going up, the final rating doesn't matter. You can continue to grow and save money until you need to increase your production values to keep growing.

EDIT: Actually, I know Adam recently patched that "much better" shows from Small to Regional get a bigger boost in popularity, so it may actually be better to make sure your shows are getting the highest rating possible to grow. I would check how much upping your production will cost you and if it's affordable then make at least some small changes to it.