Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

Is there anyway to have a three-way match end in a draw? I'm trying to book a three-way #1 contenders match, to end in a draw so we'll have a four-way for the title at the PPV. But when I choose the result as a draw, I get an error... I was imagening some sort of double pin, but the game won't let me. Is this a mistake that I should report in the tech forum, or is there another way to do it?

Have you tried a time limit draw. You could argue that a double pin, double count out, or double dq would result in the one guy not involved in the decision to be the winner. Example wrestlers X and y pin each other so that means wrestler Z is the winner. Since the game doesn't have triple pin, countout or dq, I am guessing it isn't possible. Just my thoughts, I don't know if it is true or not.

<p>On angle lengths:</p><p> </p><p>

What's the minimum length necessary to trigger skill gains? And do longer angles = greater potential gains?</p><p>

As we have major/minor angles, does it matter how long an angle is in terms of crowd impact? I know in older version an angle had to be 6 (I think) minutes long to connect with the crowd in a meaningful way.</p><p> </p><p>

I seem to find myself always a few minutes short at the end of the night in terms of accommodating my uppercard workers, but if I can shorten some of my key segments and get the same results, then that would make things easier.</p>

<p>When to Offer Written Contract?</p><p> </p><p>

My company is relatively small, but has a lot of cash. When do people typically go from pay-per-event contracts to a written contract? </p><p> </p><p>

Also, if another company has a written contract and you have a pay-per-event, I assume that worker is then off your roster? If you get an email saying another company is negotiating, can you quickly then try to negotiate yourself? I just don't want to pay extra (i.e. stick with pay-per-event), but I don't want to get caught behind the ball and lose my top guy either.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BKL1976" data-cite="BKL1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When do people typically go from pay-per-event contracts to a written contract?</div></blockquote>You can offer written contracts when you reach Cult.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there anyway to have a three-way match end in a draw? I'm trying to book a three-way #1 contenders match, to end in a draw so we'll have a four-way for the title at the PPV. But when I choose the result as a draw, I get an error... I was imagening some sort of double pin, but the game won't let me. Is this a mistake that I should report in the tech forum, or is there another way to do it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Have you tried time limit finish or sports entertainment finish?</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>On angle lengths:<p> </p><p> What's the minimum length necessary to trigger skill gains? And do longer angles = greater potential gains?</p><p> As we have major/minor angles, does it matter how long an angle is in terms of crowd impact? I know in older version an angle had to be 6 (I think) minutes long to connect with the crowd in a meaningful way.</p><p> </p><p> I seem to find myself always a few minutes short at the end of the night in terms of accommodating my uppercard workers, but if I can shorten some of my key segments and get the same results, then that would make things easier.</p></div></blockquote><p> Per the TEW handbook, workers can only gain skills in an angle if they were on-screen and the angle lasted more than three minutes. I'm not sure if that means at least 3 minutes or at least 4 minutes. So, to be safe make the angle 4 minutes long.</p><p> And yes, I believe I read somehwere that potential gains are indeed greater, the longer an angle runs, but I'm not sure on that one.</p><p> </p><p> As for crowd impact: Minor angles and major angles that run for less than 5 minutes (again, as stated in the player's handbook) have no impact on crowd management at all.</p>

<p>I was perusing through the old patch notes and saw this:</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Added remote assistance code "shakeitup" to allow the secret feature to be enabled<p> Added remote assistance code "nosurprises" to disable the secret feature</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's obvious what "nosurpises" does, but does "shakeitup" trigger the secret event (I know the secret event is very rare, does this code guarantee it will happen)? Or is "shakeitup" just the default?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brak" data-cite="Brak" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was perusing through the old patch notes and saw this:<p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> It's obvious what "nosurpises" does, but does "shakeitup" trigger the secret event (I know the secret event is very rare, does this code guarantee it will happen)? Or is "shakeitup" just the default?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> "shakeitup" triggers the event the next day. I believe there needs to be a company at national size or greater for it to work, but I could be wrong about that.</p>

<p>Worker Name Change</p><p> </p><p>

I have a worker in which I "invented" by taking an existing unemployed worker "Logan" and changing his picture and name to "Cody." I did this using the in-game database edit (i.e. by editing the game I'm currently in, not the original database at the start screen). </p><p> </p><p>

Essentially, I want to change a few workers completely from the beginning, so they are basically a different person. Now I look and this same worker has been employed by another company with the original name - so he is operating with two names. BUT when I look under Characters there is only the original one.</p><p> </p><p>

What happened?</p><p> </p><p>

I'm basically just trying to change the look and name of workers, because sometimes I don't like their look or name. I thought by editing it in the database, it would be a more concrete change. Did I do something wrong, should I just add aliases/characters?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BKL1976" data-cite="BKL1976" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a worker in which I "invented" by taking an existing unemployed worker "Logan" and changing his picture and name to "Cody." I did this using the in-game database edit (i.e. by editing the game I'm currently in, not the original database at the start screen). <p> </p><p> Essentially, I want to change a few workers completely from the beginning, so they are basically a different person. Now I look and this same worker has been employed by another company with the original name - so he is operating with two names. BUT when I look under Characters there is only the original one.</p><p> </p><p> What happened?</p><p> </p><p> I'm basically just trying to change the look and name of workers, because sometimes I don't like their look or name. I thought by editing it in the database, it would be a more concrete change. Did I do something wrong, should I just add aliases/characters?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The worker has a profile in their contract. You need to edit that, too. Its why they kept that character in that company when you edited their Worker information. Its not a separate character - its just what they have in that contract. Edit in the contract and you should be fine.</p>

<p>Is there any way, editor or otherwise, to force a company to leave its alliance?</p><p> </p><p>

Basically I want to force NJPW and SHINE, which I bought and turned into child companies, to leave their alliances and join my alliance with the rest of my child companies.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SkyShadowing" data-cite="SkyShadowing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way, editor or otherwise, to force a company to leave its alliance?<p> </p><p> Basically I want to force NJPW and SHINE, which I bought and turned into child companies, to leave their alliances and join my alliance with the rest of my child companies.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What a coincidence. This is exactly the question I logged in to ask myself.</p><p> </p><p> I couldn't figure out a simple way of doing it, but I found a work around. I resorted to reverting the game to a week prior to buying out the company, then I took control of the other promotion via "Add Player" and manually made them quit the alliance <em>before</em> I bought them out.</p><p> </p><p> There's got a to be a easier way that we're missing. Maybe it's just an oversight.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SkyShadowing" data-cite="SkyShadowing" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way, editor or otherwise, to force a company to leave its alliance?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, there isn't.</p>

The new patch is very good, allows me to commit to a long term save again with the toxicity notification finally added, but i have a question to Adam or someone who can answer:

Reduced low popularity gains for angles, turned off entirely if worker isn't actually doing anything

What does this mean? Workers no longer gain overness if not rated? Do they still learn, at least?

The new patch is very good, allows me to commit to a long term save again with the toxicity notification finally added, but i have a question to Adam or someone who can answer:

What does this mean? Workers no longer gain overness if not rated? Do they still learn, at least?

From Adam:

You're misreading it. What was turned off entirely was the Low Popularity mechanic, the instant gaining of popularity to take a nobody up to a certain level just by being associated with the company.

Normal popularity gains - based on what happens the angle - are something entirely different and haven't been changed at all.

It just limits the low popularity mechanic in those angles. Which to me, makes sense. Workers could go from literally 0 popularity to midcarder of a national company in a couple of appearances.

From Adam:

You're misreading it. What was turned off entirely was the Low Popularity mechanic, the instant gaining of popularity to take a nobody up to a certain level just by being associated with the company.

Normal popularity gains - based on what happens the angle - are something entirely different and haven't been changed at all.

It just limits the low popularity mechanic in those angles. Which to me, makes sense. Workers could go from literally 0 popularity to midcarder of a national company in a couple of appearances.

Great. This just means I love the update even more. Thanks for the answer.