Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My show ratings are amazing, is this what is counter acting my national battle deductions?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes. You technically <em>are</em> losing pop and momentum each month, but you can completely negate it with great shows. As long you don't have several promotions ahead of you, it's not much of an issue.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CPBHBK" data-cite="CPBHBK" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you up the prestige of a TV Show and a PPV?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> TV prestige is based on how long it's been on the air. It's really not very important anyway - the only real benefit a prestigious show gets a little more leeway from networks before it gets canceled for poor ratings. </p><p> </p><p> Events rise based on their show ratings relative to their current prestige. There's no good way to farm it. Just put on quality shows and it'll eventually hit legendary years from now.</p><p> </p><p> ---</p><p> </p><p> I've got a question of my own: do floating titles count as main event titles in regards to the Hall of Immortals?</p><p> </p><p> I ask as I've noticed that California Love Machine now has 10% towards the hall. He's never headlined a show, he has no 100-rated matches, he's never been wrestler of the year, nor a national icon. Process of elimination points towards floating title he currently has.</p><p> </p><p> I was under impression that belts need to be Main Event level to count as a major championship, but I guess not. Maybe it depends on the prestige of the title when it was won? Can anyone confirm?</p>

So if I remember correctly we were supposed to be able to hire people based on whether or not they could pull of a gimmick. I assumed this meant I could filter for a person who could play a vampire if I needed a vampire,but the filter only seems to let me set it for checking how good they are at a specific disposition and at gimmick types not a specific gimmick. Am I missing something?

Yes. You technically are losing pop and momentum each month, but you can completely negate it with great shows. As long you don't have several promotions ahead of you, it's not much of an issue.

TV prestige is based on how long it's been on the air. It's really not very important anyway - the only real benefit a prestigious show gets a little more leeway from networks before it gets canceled for poor ratings.

Events rise based on their show ratings relative to their current prestige. There's no good way to farm it. Just put on quality shows and it'll eventually hit legendary years from now.

---

I've got a question of my own: do floating titles count as main event titles in regards to the Hall of Immortals?

I ask as I've noticed that California Love Machine now has 10% towards the hall. He's never headlined a show, he has no 100-rated matches, he's never been wrestler of the year, nor a national icon. Process of elimination points towards floating title he currently has.

I was under impression that belts need to be Main Event level to count as a major championship, but I guess not. Maybe it depends on the prestige of the title when it was won? Can anyone confirm?

Yes I can confirm the prestige of a Floating Title can give someone percentage toward the Hall of Immortals. A title is counted as a Main Event title if the prestige is from 72-100

Yes I can confirm the prestige of a Floating Title can give someone percentage toward the Hall of Immortals. A title is counted as a Main Event title if the prestige is from 72-100

Alright, cool. Now I just need to decide if I want to modify the belt to Midcard or not -- I don't really book it like one, but it's definitely not my main title either.

So if I remember correctly we were supposed to be able to hire people based on whether or not they could pull of a gimmick. I assumed this meant I could filter for a person who could play a vampire if I needed a vampire,but the filter only seems to let me set it for checking how good they are at a specific disposition and at gimmick types not a specific gimmick. Am I missing something?

I don't think you can do it directly via the filter in the Workers section, but there is a way to specifically find workers suited to any given gimmick.

Go to your roster and click on anybody's gimmick, doesn't matter who, to bring up the Gimmick Change window. Pick the gimmick you want from the list, then click Casting Call. Hit the All Workers button and you'll get a list of every worker in the game capable of pulling off the gimmick. The window even has a convenient Filter button to refine your search.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="chunk" data-cite="chunk" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't think you can do it directly via the filter in the Workers section, but there is a way to specifically find workers suited to any given gimmick.<p> </p><p> Go to your roster and click on anybody's gimmick, doesn't matter who, to bring up the Gimmick Change window. Pick the gimmick you want from the list, then click Casting Call. Hit the All Workers button and you'll get a list of every worker in the game capable of pulling off the gimmick. The window even has a convenient Filter button to refine your search.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you kindly. That helps a lot.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jjohns44" data-cite="jjohns44" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>what is the difference between a development territory and a dojo? do I have to hire workers to be part of the roster for a dojo?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A development is where you send people down to train and get better.</p><p> A dojo creates workers for you to sign</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Herrbear" data-cite="Herrbear" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What is the difference between a child company and a development territory?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It is explains it in-game if you click on the ? button. Child company runs independently and will hire staff as needed. Developmental territory will not, and if you don't have required staff in place, it won't run shows.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CMPunkBubble" data-cite="CMPunkBubble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you ask a worker to move up a weight and the message says "sorry, I'm not interested in this change" does that mean that they will never be interested in the jump or is it just how they feel at that time?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Time changes the response, I also think the way you use them does too. Usually when I push a smaller worker then he will be willing to bump up to heavyweight.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="hbkb9" data-cite="hbkb9" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there any way to increase the stamina of a worker? He's giving decent performances, he's not flabby by any means, but he can't seem to work more than an 8 minute match without being exhausted!</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> If he's young enough you can stretch their stamina by putting them against workers with high stamina in longer and longer matches. It will increase over time.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If he's young enough you can stretch their stamina by putting them against workers with high stamina in longer and longer matches. It will increase over time.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Also the notes like storytelling, protect, and slow build (provided they have good stamina) will help or counter act the bad stamina note.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I have a long term injured wrestler, can he be used as a colour commentator?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I am pretty sure if you assign him to a personality push you should be able to select him in the announcer tab. I am not sure if giving a personality push to an injured wrestler will create any kind of negative impact on their morale for being assigned a "wrong" push.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Danny_H22" data-cite="Danny_H22" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I have a long term injured wrestler, can he be used as a colour commentator?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can, but only if they have one of the types of injury that still allows them appear in angles.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moafnsteel" data-cite="moafnsteel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am not sure if giving a personality push to an injured wrestler will create any kind of negative impact on their morale for being assigned a "wrong" push.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nah, workers don't seem to care about their push at all if they're injured.</p>

Had a little question regarding match creation. Was on an e-wrestling Facebook group earlier citing ways a wrestler could defeat his rival without ever setting foot in the ring with him. And one of the gimmick matches I mentioned was the bungee match between "Lightning Kid" Sean Waltman and Teen Heartthrob Chaz from the Global Wrestling Federation circa 1992. For those who never saw it, the match was contested in a cage suspended 20 feet off the ground by a crane. And the winner would be the man who could beat down his opponent enough to attach a bungee cord to the opponent's leg and push him out of the cage. Essentially a forced bungee jump for the loser. Has anybody ever attempted to recreate this stip or anything similar? Would it even be possible to recreate in TEW? Was looking at the match creation tool and all I can be sure of is that this would be a Brawl based match and very low stature as I can only recall it having happened the one time.

Was looking at the match creation tool and all I can be sure of is that this would be a Brawl based match and very low stature as I can only recall it having happened the one time.

I'd simply clone a scaffold match and add a steel cage to the set-up. Maybe change it to car park/backstage if the crane isn't supposed to be suspended over the ring.

You'll want to change the match prestige to very high, because the AI books high prestige matches more rarely.

Time changes the response, I also think the way you use them does too. Usually when I push a smaller worker then he will be willing to bump up to heavyweight.

Thanks. I've pushed him to ME and my main title is middleweight and above. This guy is lightweight and can go as high as middleweight so I guess I'll just have to keep asking every month or so and hope for the best.

Another question does anyone know the mechanics regarding selling and match length? My ME keep getting dinged for lack of selling. The workers I use have around c+\b- selling and the matches go for about 30/35 minutes.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CMPunkBubble" data-cite="CMPunkBubble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks. I've pushed him to ME and my main title is middleweight and above. This guy is lightweight and can go as high as middleweight so I guess I'll just have to keep asking every month or so and hope for the best.<p> </p><p> Another question does anyone know the mechanics regarding selling and match length? My ME keep getting dinged for lack of selling. The workers I use have around c+\b- selling and the matches go for about 30/35 minutes.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm no expert, but I believe that may be one of the penalties that is compared to the overall match grade before the modifiers, similar to how the psychology penalty works (I think), which is, I believe, essentially the base match grade before any bonuses or penalties are applied, compared to the workers' psychology score (or in this case selling, I would guess), so my understanding is that if the overall grade of the match is higher than the selling, you'll get the "not enough selling" penalty? Unless there is specifically a penalty regarding selling that's related to match length that I'm unaware of, length should only factor in as it does with road agent notes, match aims, and the other things it works with in any given match, I think.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It is explains it in-game if you click on the ? button. Child company runs independently and will hire staff as needed. Developmental territory will not, and if you don't have required staff in place, it won't run shows.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you Bigpapa42</p>