Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="atomzero" data-cite="atomzero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can you increase the reputation of a dojo after you build it, or is it set at however you built it?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> A dojo's reputation is affected by the trainer's Basics, Psychology, Reputation and Respect stats and can, in fact, go up or down over the course of a game.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Juhaninski" data-cite="Juhaninski" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>A dojo's reputation is affected by the trainer's Basics, Psychology, Reputation and Respect stats and can, in fact, go up or down over the course of a game.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ok, so the initial reputation that you pay for is just that...initial, but it can change.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How long do you have to wait to perform a disposition change? Heel/Face</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think about 9 months, if you do it too soon the workers momentum will tank, but if you need to do it, it's still possible to build the momentum back up.</p>

How detrimental to a worker is the "gets very nervous when he is pushed up the card" story? In a fairly newish game in the risky business mod and Hogan just got that note in the news story. I really don't have any interest at this time to run WWF through the 80s with Hulkamania being a flop. Would this note make him a flop? Right now he is champion and is doing ok, but just beginning to move him away from the Piper/Orndorff Wrestlemania tag feud.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hulkamaniac85" data-cite="Hulkamaniac85" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How detrimental to a worker is the "gets very nervous when he is pushed up the card" story? In a fairly newish game in the risky business mod and Hogan just got that note in the news story. I really don't have any interest at this time to run WWF through the 80s with Hulkamania being a flop. Would this note make him a flop? Right now he is champion and is doing ok, but just beginning to move him away from the Piper/Orndorff Wrestlemania tag feud.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It means their destiny role is s--- iirc. They aren't ever main eventing WM, brother.</p>

How long do you have to wait to perform a disposition change? Heel/Face

It's not based on time, but appearances.

I think I might have done the "Yes, turn was recent" one successfully, and have had no issues with a "Probably" turn. I would say that as long as you build it up, the game is pretty lenient.

Would it be fair to say HBO would be considered a subscription service as opposed to a commercial one, in TEW terms?

HBO would be subscription service.

For BHK on Alliances I don't know the answer for how many can be added for I haven't hit a cap yet. An I have had at least 30 companies in alliance. Where this cap of 10 is coming from I have no clue.

How detrimental to a worker is the "gets very nervous when he is pushed up the card" story? In a fairly newish game in the risky business mod and Hogan just got that note in the news story. I really don't have any interest at this time to run WWF through the 80s with Hulkamania being a flop. Would this note make him a flop? Right now he is champion and is doing ok, but just beginning to move him away from the Piper/Orndorff Wrestlemania tag feud.

I am not sure because I am not looking but check how he is set personality wise. I always thought you got that note because they are to timid in the ring and crappy destiny roll.

I am the booker of a company, not the owner.

My goal is to eventually graduate from booker to owner. Is there a place where I can apply or check if I'm eligible to run the company? Do I simply have to wait until the cpu owner retires and wants to sell or is there another way?

I tried to go to our company profile page and click business but of course it said, you can't click on this while you work here.

I would like to avoid "leaving the company" simply to apply to own it...I would rather go from booker to owner while remaining in control.

Still wondering about this. Thanks in advance.

For BHK on Alliances I don't know the answer for how many can be added for I haven't hit a cap yet. An I have had at least 30 companies in alliance. Where this cap of 10 is coming from I have no clue.

I got the number because when you create an alliance you can set the limit from 3 to 10. I forgot there was a default setting for no limit. My bad.

Still wondering about this. Thanks in advance.

I don't think there's any good way of going about this without leaving the booker position first.

I suppose you could try editing the current owner to be 75 or older, set his birthday for the next month and just hope he retires. Even then there's no guarantee you'll get the ownership spot over another AI controlled character.

To be completely honest, I turn it off...

I can deal with it, when playing as WWE, but with a Regional sized company, it's impossible for me to deal with. But again, if the 4th match is better than the 3rd, and the 5th better than the 4th and so on, then you won't get any penalties.

How serious is soft drug abuse? I just tested my roster and 11 of them got busted for soft drugs, one for pain killers. I sent the guy addicted to pills to rehab but I'm a bit concerned about the eleven people smoking pot, hope they keep smoking and don't decide to go for hard drugs or pills

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DarK_RaideR" data-cite="DarK_RaideR" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Speaking of which, how do people deal with this when running companies with a weekly TV show? That's 4 shows plus one event per month, so 30 events before the matchup is fresh again. Multiperson matches? A huge roster?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Multi-person matches.</p><p> </p><p> Angles.</p><p> </p><p> Deliberately tanking match ratings (short matches generally score worse) to lower the average for that matchup.</p><p> </p><p> You don't need to wait 30 events between matches, just space them out.</p><p> </p><p> Also, remember that the midcard matches don't contribute all that much to the show rating, so if you have to eat a repeat booking, stick it on third and flank it with hot segments.</p>

<p>I think this is probably the best place available to ask</p><p> </p><p>

Whatever happened to PJ Strong? Was that just a character that went away? I can't remember if he ever even used to be a character or has just always been a picture in the picture pack. Anyone have any details on him as a character or was there ever anything canonically for him? </p><p>

I want to add him into a game but don't know where to start</p>

Hey all,

I'm running a PW Honour in the TVerse. I'm thinking of lowering the match ratio for TV to 10% and running strictly angles i.e: Interview spots/Press Conference Style. And then using my tour shows with a Tour Highlights broadcasting deal to get across the actual wrestling portions.

Is this even possible? Is it logical?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="King Bison" data-cite="King Bison" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think this is probably the best place available to ask<p> </p><p> Whatever happened to PJ Strong? Was that just a character that went away? I can't remember if he ever even used to be a character or has just always been a picture in the picture pack. Anyone have any details on him as a character or was there ever anything canonically for him? </p><p> I want to add him into a game but don't know where to start</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think he was ever actually included as a future worker.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="QFresh" data-cite="QFresh" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey all,<p> </p><p> I'm running a PW Honour in the TVerse. I'm thinking of lowering the match ratio for TV to 10% and running strictly angles i.e: Interview spots/Press Conference Style. And then using my tour shows with a Tour Highlights broadcasting deal to get across the actual wrestling portions. </p><p> </p><p> Is this even possible? Is it logical?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think it is required to run a match.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="QFresh" data-cite="QFresh" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey all,<p> </p><p> I'm running a PW Honour in the TVerse. I'm thinking of lowering the match ratio for TV to 10% and running strictly angles i.e: Interview spots/Press Conference Style. And then using my tour shows with a Tour Highlights broadcasting deal to get across the actual wrestling portions. </p><p> </p><p> Is this even possible? Is it logical?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nah, I think the game requires you to have at least one match on the main card.</p><p> </p><p> Also, if your wrestlers don't have good entetrainment skills they'd tank your TV show's grades and your popularity by proxy.</p>

<p>Is my game bugged? </p><p> </p><p>

I once got the Rock to 99 pop in my MA save file, but he dropped to 92 after a few losses. I thought I could build him back up, but now he cannot maintain pop. If he beats someone higher than him or wins/retains the title, he goes up by a few points in the National battle, so he is obviously gaining pop. However, if he is on a team that wins and he doesn't get the pin, his NB overness rating drops by a few points. If he is part of a solo angle that gets over his pop, he gains. If he is part of an angle with others, he loses pop. If he isn't on a show, even if it's a different brand, he loses pop. It wasn't a major issue when I was consistently beating WCW in the NB, but now his losses are causing me to drop further behind every week and the penalties for losing (which never applied to WCW) are now affecting my other top 5. So, is my game bugged or is there an in game mechanic that causes wrestler to lose pop for absolutely no reason?</p>