Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has anybody tried running a company without a face/heel divide? I'm tempted to because I have some storylines coming up that could end up being heel vs. heel, and I don't want my ratings to get too effected for an awkward face/heel divide. I'm just not sure what eliminating the face/heel divide would do overall. Anybody?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Running heel/heel matches can grade perfectly fine (as in, still possible to A* with the right guys) but on a macro level running without a divide does lend itself to more creativity. You just can’t get momentum bonuses for turns</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="sportsfanmas" data-cite="sportsfanmas" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Has anybody tried running a company without a face/heel divide? I'm tempted to because I have some storylines coming up that could end up being heel vs. heel, and I don't want my ratings to get too effected for an awkward face/heel divide. I'm just not sure what eliminating the face/heel divide would do overall. Anybody?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I almost never use face/heel divides. I generally like to run feds that simulate real athletics, whether I go performance based or not, and I prefer to have a promotion where anyone can face anyone, though I do still tend to write angles with certain wrestlers in my mind as heroic or heelish. I suppose the guys that can play faces or heels very well don't get that bonus anymore, but I don't have any trouble putting up good grades.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You're greatly overreacting to what Storytelling matches do. I'm running TCW in the Cornellverse and have no issues. Only one match on the card really matters, the main event, and the second best match sorta matters? You can do anything you want to in the undercard and it means almost nothing. <p> </p><p> I think the term "Storytelling" for a match aim is way off. I read some guy on here sum it up perfectly when he said it was like Billy Gunn vs Ken Shamrock at KOTR 99, but I think that's a little too hard to grasp in a game without context. </p><p> </p><p> Think of the match aim as like a mini calm the crowd. It pumps the brakes on the crowd, instead of slamming on the brakes. </p><p> </p><p> A lot of the times I use the match aim as my match after the opener. But I have also used it as Storytelling/Co-Main/Main and it hasn't burnt the crowd out. I think you're really overthinking it. It's not that damaging to match ratings, or performance, and you could get by without putting any effort into it at all.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I always thought Storytelling was like this:</p><p> </p><p> Two guys are having a match in the ring. A simplistic kind of match while the commentators are putting their storylines over instead of focusing on the in ring content. This is most TV matches in WWE with run ins and storyline advancement taking the place of "classic" matches.</p><p> </p><p> That was the explanation I got when the game came out, I don't know if it's changed or if we have more information but I'm pretty sure that's what it looks like.</p>

So I wanna start with Fleisch's RW mod for October and start to build Billy Corgan's NWA with the aim of running my first show in early-mid 2018. What would y'all think is the appropriate size to give my NWA promotion? I was thinking maybe mid-level regional?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="marsupial311" data-cite="marsupial311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I always thought Storytelling was like this:<p> </p><p> Two guys are having a match in the ring. A simplistic kind of match while the commentators are putting their storylines over instead of focusing on the in ring content. This is most TV matches in WWE with run ins and storyline advancement taking the place of "classic" matches.</p><p> </p><p> That was the explanation I got when the game came out, I don't know if it's changed or if we have more information but I'm pretty sure that's what it looks like.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah! That does make a little more sense.</p>

I have an alliance and I accidentally kicked out a company of the alliance. I would like to add them back and figured it would be no issue since I now own that company as a child company, but they're still refusing to join. Anyone know if this is a forever thing or if they need a "cool down" period similar to a worker leaving your company?

At the moment my roster costs are going through the rooftop. Is there any possibility to stop people asking me for pay rises? Are they stopping to ask when I usually decline those requests?

If you decline them, they'll get mad. Usually annoyed, which lasts a while but doesn't do too much damage to your backstage chemistry. People won't ask for increased pay if you don't push them so hard. Most tend to take full advantage of increased spotlight, no matter their place on the card. It's really up to you whether they deserve the raise or not.

If it helps, most workers will take a 75% pay rise without getting mad.

But yeah, it's a sign your workers are getting over, no bad thing in itself. One possibility would be to limit the pushes your workers are getting; No-one under midcard ever wins a match, midcarders lose to everyone above them, main eventers get over and stay over...

Otherwise, cull your roster. Nothing like a spot of spring cleaning to inspire the creative juices.

I don't think this is tech support material, so I'm gonna ask here. I bought a second license today, for another pc, and Windows Smart Screen keeps popping up every time I start the game, unlike with my previous one. Is it normal? Is there anyway to make it stop? The game plays well, with the new 1.54 and everything, but that pop-up of WSS is annoying. :D Windows 10, by the way, and obviously a first time install of this copy of the game.

Edit: Nvm, seems to be working well now.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am playing version 1.53(II).<p> Epic and Spectacle used to say that the Slow Build was automatically added.</p><p> Now they do not. BUT,</p><p> Is there a need to add this note?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I know they were tweaked to be more user friendly, but don't know the details. Perhaps try without slow build and with slow build and see how it goes?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CharlieRock" data-cite="CharlieRock" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I am playing version 1.53(II).<p> Epic and Spectacle used to say that the Slow Build was automatically added.</p><p> Now they do not. BUT,</p><p> Is there a need to add this note?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yep</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Save_Us.Necro" data-cite="Save_Us.Necro" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a worker limit for the database? I'm asking because when I start my game I have at min 10 retirements a day and 3-4 deaths a week for the first month. And is there anything I can do the quell this?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Practically, there isn't a limit (tehnically there's one but nobody is ever going to get even remotely close to it). If you've having a lot of retirements it's simply because you have a lot of people who are over retirement age, and deaths are likewise because you have a lot of people who are too old. It would tend to "bunch" at the start of a new game because you have the cumulative effect of lots of people who would normally have been cleared out at a steady rate in previous years through regular gameplay.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="atomzero" data-cite="atomzero" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I almost never use face/heel divides. I generally like to run feds that simulate real athletics, whether I go performance based or not, and I prefer to have a promotion where anyone can face anyone, though I do still tend to write angles with certain wrestlers in my mind as heroic or heelish. I suppose the guys that can play faces or heels very well don't get that bonus anymore, but I don't have any trouble putting up good grades.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The negative for face/face and heel/heel matches in a company with face heel divide is minuscule in comparison to all the other bonuses you can get on a match. Heel/Heel will do a little more damage but it isn't really anything to worry about. Was running Heel/Heel main events and still pulling high 80s in my cult fed with a face heel divide.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The negative for face/face and heel/heel matches in a company with face heel divide is minuscule in comparison to all the other bonuses you can get on a match. Heel/Heel will do a little more damage but it isn't really anything to worry about. Was running Heel/Heel main events and still pulling high 80s in my cult fed with a face heel divide.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't do it with any regard to bonuses or penalties. It's just the product I prefer to run. The original question was about what it's like to run without the divide, so I just threw in my two cents of experience.</p>

I personally think the divide on is the way to go. Booking matches with the roster being divided up is a more natural way of booking for me... pick one face, then book a heel. I hate just looking at a list of 40 workers. Turning people and getting momentum boosts gets you out of a jam, too.

It kinda depends on what style wrestling you like, though.

Damn, now I'm torn. Do a do a face/heel divide or don't I? I can definitely see the pros and cons of each, especially as a struggling booker who is just getting by, so to speak.

Well, from what Apu says, it sounds like it won't be a huge mechanical problem either way (though the divide seems to give you an advantage from what he says), so I'd just go with what you imagine your promotion to be. In my experience playing this game, I sometimes design products with the hope of producing a big rating or cornering some market, but I tend to lost interest in those saves faster. The saves that have staying power for me are the saves where I really like the idea that I'm presenting with my product.

Right now, I'm running Key - Modern, then Medium - Traditional, Mainstream, Realism, and Lucha down in Mexico. i don't get any of the trend bonuses in Mexico, but I get to bring a variety of styles together in a performance based, strong kayfabe production, and focus on the aspects of the game I enjoy the most, so I am enjoying it.

Look at Lucha Underground. They have a face heel divide. You know who the faces are, you know who the heels are, and there are some storylines built around the good guy bad guy dynamic. But they have no problem throwing three heels (Cage, Crane, and Muertes) into a match and it still does ok. There is no reason not to book Face/Face and Heel/Heel matches if they make sense to the story, but there is still an obvious Face/Heel divide.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Apupunchau@optonline" data-cite="Apupunchau@optonline" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Look at Lucha Underground. They have a face heel divide. You know who the faces are, you know who the heels are, and there are some storylines built around the good guy bad guy dynamic. But they have no problem throwing three heels (Cage, Crane, and Muertes) into a match and it still does ok. There is no reason not to book Face/Face and Heel/Heel matches if they make sense to the story, but there is still an obvious Face/Heel divide.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> OTOH, I always thought of that as there was no 'face/heel divide.' I placed emphasis on the 'divide' part. Your gimmicks will be face or heel regardless. But the workers using face gimmicks and the ones using heel gimmicks are not divided.</p><p> </p><p> My product requires gimmicks. And it seems the workers with higher face skill get better rated gimmicks when they are suing face gimmicks. So it's like the audience knows they are faces, but don't care if they fight another face.</p>