Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It it yet as yet to open (future opening date) or already closed (historic closing dates)?<p> </p><p> It its home region set to a part of the world you don't have active in your game?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No but i saw that a company is set to open in 2011 and currently i'm in 2015. Can be this the problem?</p><p> </p><p> all regions are active in my game.</p>

Can someone explain the difference between Active Wrestler, Semi Active Wrestler, and Non Wrestler status to me? Especially as it relates to the roles section, where it can be set to Usually, Sometimes, Never.

As far as I understand it:

Active Wrestlers would be those people who are regularly doing in-ring work as their primary role, Wrestler should be set to "Usually", other roles might be "Sometimes", but probably not.

Semi-active Wrestlers are those people who still get in the ring when necessary, but are generally not considered "full-time" wrestlers, usually veterans winding down their careers and the like. If they are involved in other parts of the show, they should have those roles. I'd probably go with "Occasional Wrestler" set to "Usually' for most of them, though in some cases, if they appear more in other roles like as a color commentator or personality, I'd set those to Usually instead, with Occasional Wrestler at Sometimes.

Non-Wrestlers are people who are not trained in-ring performers, and whose primary role is not going to be to perform in matches. So, announcers, interviewers, referees, and so forth. This doesn't mean that they can't take bumps or be put into "matches".

I think the broader categories mostly affect contract stuff (offering a contract to a non-wrestler or retired wrestler usually defaults to "Never Involve Ring Work", I think), while the roles are related to the pushes and so forth, but I don't know for sure.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="phoxy" data-cite="phoxy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think the broader categories mostly affect contract stuff (offering a contract to a non-wrestler or retired wrestler usually defaults to "Never Involve Ring Work", I think), while the roles are related to the pushes and so forth, but I don't know for sure.</div></blockquote><p> That, as well as how long it'll take for them to complain for not making an appearance. From my little experience:</p><p> </p><p> Active wrestlers usually get the "default" contracts and will complain according to their push: Main Eventers expect to be on every month's event, Upper Midcarders will take 3 months in a row and from Midcarder and lower they tend to complain after 6 months without an appearance. This of course is somewhat modified by their contract terms and their personality.</p><p> </p><p> Semi-Active wrestlers: Usually on the tail end of their careers, they're more likely to take contracts with limited appearances like Gatekeeper, Special Attraction and Pass the Torch. Not sure how long they can go off screen without complaining, but I think using them in matches like regular wrestlers will result in them complaining, most likely an e-mail telling you to book them on a lighter schedule because they're fatigued.</p><p> </p><p> Non-wrestlers: As a general rule, they tend to complain if they go 6 months without being used, again modified by personality and contract details</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="italianblood32" data-cite="italianblood32" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No but i saw that a company is set to open in 2011 and currently i'm in 2015. Can be this the problem?<p> </p><p> all regions are active in my game.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That depends. Is the owner under written contract some where? If so that could be the reason the company not being opened.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dcyd" data-cite="Dcyd" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you book someone like the Ultimate Warrior or Sid Vicious? I feel like I always get C rated matches with them</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Book them fighting off heels in post match segments, especially monsters (with high menace). Their matches should be short and their angles should always be longer pretty much.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dcyd" data-cite="Dcyd" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you book someone like the Ultimate Warrior or Sid Vicious? I feel like I always get C rated matches with them</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Book to their strengths. With Sid that would be menace and Warrior, probably entertainment angles, depending on the skills he has. If you have a product that focus much more on pop than performance, you shouldn't have issues with the grades, as long as they are over.</p>

Hi so I started C-Verse mod for first time, and I started with PSW. I am 8 months in, have gained about 4 points in Popularity in Tri State, and gained over a million in income. I changed company produce to Medium Hardcore/Modern and Heavy Traditional/Mainstream. I was wondering what tips do people have to grow from Regional to Cult.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Dcyd" data-cite="Dcyd" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you destroy an alliance and take their titles? For example if i want the NWA world title/Tag titles. Do I have i have to take out each company in the alliance?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Alliance titles are, I believe, exempt from stealing as they don't belong to any company.</p><p> </p><p> The best you may be able to do is drive each member company out of business (possibly leaving one - I'm not sure if an alliance can exist with just one member). It's possible that the alliance titles will then show up in the Investments > Purchase Title Belt section.</p><p> </p><p> You can't target an alliance directly in a promotion war.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Tew101" data-cite="Tew101" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi so I started C-Verse mod for first time, and I started with PSW. I am 8 months in, have gained about 4 points in Popularity in Tri State, and gained over a million in income. I changed company produce to Medium Hardcore/Modern and Heavy Traditional/Mainstream. I was wondering what tips do people have to grow from Regional to Cult.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'd recommend adding or moving solely to weekly shows to build up your popularity in the Tri State region. Regional to Cult is the single biggest move you can make in the game, and will cost you millions of dollars as your costs will spiral immensely.</p><p> </p><p> Having a home base where you're exceptionally over helps, and a product that's favourable to sponsorship will certainly help bring the money in.</p><p> </p><p> <a href="http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539119" rel="external nofollow">http://greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539119</a> really helped me in trying to grow from Regional.</p>

If I sign a worker on a written deal who's got less than 7 days on their existing contract, do I still have to wait 7 days for them to join me, or will they make the move as soon as their other contract expires? Just wondering if I'll be able to debut my new signing at my upcoming PPV or if they'll be held over until TV the following week?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I sign a worker on a written deal who's got less than 7 days on their existing contract, do I still have to wait 7 days for them to join me, or will they make the move as soon as their other contract expires? Just wondering if I'll be able to debut my new signing at my upcoming PPV or if they'll be held over until TV the following week?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Whatever is remaining on the contract.</p>

<p>Owner Goal - "Over" score</p><p> </p><p>

If one of your Owner Goals is to get a worker to a certain "Over" score, does this mean only in the Home location?</p><p> </p><p>

Example - you are playing as WCW and Bischoff wants Dustin Rhodes to reach a 71 Over score. Does this mean (at least) a 71 in the South East region?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Simulator" data-cite="Simulator" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>My wrestlers match perfomance rating is 83 and 81 but I get 74 in the match rating. Is this a known bug? Everything in the show was booked properly and I gave Keep Strong to both of them.<p> </p><p> It was Monsoon vs. Waldo von Erich.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Keep Strong in itself will remove a bit of the match quality in exchange for the protection it provides. Double booking it will probably make it happen even more. Just by that, the low grade can be explained. Did you check the dirt sheet to check the situations affecting the match? There are a lot of factors that can rise and lower the grade of a match. Double booking a protection note is definitely one of them, so that by itself explains it, I believe.</p>

My wrestlers match perfomance rating is 83 and 81 but I get 74 in the match rating. Is this a known bug? Everything in the show was booked properly and I gave Keep Strong to both of them.

It was Monsoon vs. Waldo von Erich.

Keep Strong is to convince someone to take a loss so using it on the winner doesn't do anything. As previously mentioned, it also hurts the rating a little so that's likely what hurt your match rating overall. Storyline heat and other booking decisions might have had an effect on it as well.

<p>None of my Grey Dog Software games will start. I will click the icon, and see the loading sign instead of the mouse sign flick on once or twice, and I do get the confirmation for administration rights, but none of the programs will start. Nothing else happens. Before I posted this problem in the technical form I was going to try to uninstall the game and then re-download it. My question is if I re-download the game can I still use the Databases, Music, Pictures, Skins, and System folders that I was using before? I wanted to ask this before I re-downloaded the game. </p><p> </p><p>

I'm using the latest patch, then I tried to use an earlier patch to see if anything would change but it didn't.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Azul" data-cite="Azul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>None of my Grey Dog Software games will start. I will click the icon, and see the loading sign instead of the mouse sign flick on once or twice, and I do get the confirmation for administration rights, but none of the programs will start. Nothing else happens. Before I posted this problem in the technical form I was going to try to uninstall the game and then re-download it. My question is if I re-download the game can I still use the Databases, Music, Pictures, Skins, and System folders that I was using before? I wanted to ask this before I re-downloaded the game. <p> </p><p> I'm using the latest patch, then I tried to use an earlier patch to see if anything would change but it didn't.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It will overwrite the files. Just make a backup of your GDS folder.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Azul" data-cite="Azul" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>None of my Grey Dog Software games will start. I will click the icon, and see the loading sign instead of the mouse sign flick on once or twice, and I do get the confirmation for administration rights, but none of the programs will start. Nothing else happens. Before I posted this problem in the technical form I was going to try to uninstall the game and then re-download it. My question is if I re-download the game can I still use the Databases, Music, Pictures, Skins, and System folders that I was using before? I wanted to ask this before I re-downloaded the game. <p> </p><p> I'm using the latest patch, then I tried to use an earlier patch to see if anything would change but it didn't.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's a license issue and is covered in the technical support FAQ. Reinstalling your game would be completely unnecessary.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="shawn michaels 82" data-cite="shawn michaels 82" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Book to their strengths. With Sid that would be menace and Warrior, probably entertainment angles, depending on the skills he has. If you have a product that focus much more on pop than performance, you shouldn't have issues with the grades, as long as they are over.</div></blockquote><p> There's a reason why Warrior's matches were basically him running to the ring, dominating/squashing opponents in super short matches and running to get backstage. Other than that, it's his insane promos that have stood the test of time. Workers with crappy in-ring skills but pop and entertainment skills should be getting over mostly via angles.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The best you may be able to do is drive each member company out of business (possibly leaving one - I'm not sure if an alliance can exist with just one member)</div></blockquote><p> It can. I started one in an 8 player game with the intent of bringing the 8 player companies together, but the game wouldn't let me so now it's an alliance with a single member, the promotion who started it. I'm guessing you either have to join the alliance, kick everyone else out and then disband it (if such an option exists) or to remove it using the editor.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Defmall" data-cite="Defmall" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If one of your Owner Goals is to get a worker to a certain "Over" score, does this mean only in the Home location?<p> </p><p> Example - you are playing as WCW and Bischoff wants Dustin Rhodes to reach a 71 Over score. Does this mean (at least) a 71 in the South East region?</p></div></blockquote><p> I believe such goals have to do with overall popularity in a region (in your example, the US). You can manually deduce the average of that worker's popularity in the region, but sometimes if they're really popular you can go to the news page, click the "Most Popular" tab, select the region from the drop-down menu and try to locate your worker. Click on them and you'll get an "Average Popularity" in that region right under their portrait</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It will overwrite the files. Just make a backup of your GDS folder.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That is what I was planning to do. Backup the folders I wanted to save, redownload the game, and then replace the new folders from the redownloaded game with the folders I backed up. If I do this will all the content in the backed up folders still work?</p><p> </p><p> I tried what Adam said and it didn't work. Anyone have any suggestions?</p>