Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Icecold" data-cite="Icecold" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's the best way to build announcer skill or commentator skills without hurting match raitings?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Put them on commentary with better commentators. They'll probably learn quicker (I'm not certain on this, though) and they'll also not hurt the segment ratings because only the person with the best announcing and colour skill counts.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you handle fans not liking low risk matches when Daredevil is set to Medium or above? Does that mean I get a penalty for using a regular 1v1 match?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Haven't played a promotion with that kind of product in TEW2016 yet, but in 2013 it used to be that the match had to have a content risk of low or higher to avoid the penalty. So, yeah, a regular 1 vs 1 would cause a small penalty with this product.</p>

I've just readed that Jim Crockett and Paul Heyman went to Texas and they tried to make a new wrestling promotion, but they failed because of disagreements regarding the product.

I'm planning to play the Hulkamania Extreme Edition mod, and i need a name for a promotion where Crockett and Heyman would work out. What name should have the promotion?

I've just readed that Jim Crockett and Paul Heyman went to Texas and they tried to make a new wrestling promotion, but they failed because of disagreements regarding the product.

I'm planning to play the Hulkamania Extreme Edition mod, and i need a name for a promotion where Crockett and Heyman would work out. What name should have the promotion?

The name they used for the shows in real life was World Wrestling Network. Why not use that?

What exactly is a "generic venue" for?

Let's say I'm booking WrestleMania III, and 163,000 are expected. The largest venue can hold 93,000. If I click generic venue, does the attendance get closer to the 163,000?

Yes, I'm pretty sure. The generic venues are made to fit the crowd.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>How do you handle fans not liking low risk matches when Daredevil is set to Medium or above? Does that mean I get a penalty for using a regular 1v1 match?<p> </p><p> Also, I'd like to go Medium and Daredevil and Realism in my Fed. This means fans don like High or Low-risk matches. I really think you could have a Fed that mixes a little of both of these, but don't see how to do that. Any suggestions?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Anyone else?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mike7273" data-cite="Mike7273" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone else?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Hi when you look at the default match types you see they have a danger, intensity and content setting. if these are too low or too high you will get penalised regardless of your product settings.</p><p> </p><p> You need to set up copies or new versions of match types as your defaults with the right levels set and your issue should resolve itself</p>

<p>Hi</p><p> </p><p>

So I'm looking for some quick advice. I'm looking to get a new laptop and am wondering what bits need to be great to run a game like TEW at an optimal performance.</p><p> </p><p>

Knowing that TEW or GDS games (or indeed any game that I would play) in general are not graphically intense means that I know that the processing of data is more important. But the tech terminology is what trips me up. If someone could point me in the right direction so I can accommodate the best specs to fit my budget that would be awesome.</p>

<p>I'm looking for some help, I have dropped to cult level on one of my play through's as WWF in 96 and have entered a shock phase.</p><p>

I know I won't be able to climb back to national for 6 months but how long will it take before my shows start building my popularity again? Is it the full 6 months before I stop getting the message that the show did nothing?</p><p>

I'm wondering because if it makes no difference to my popularity for 6 months I may as well change course and begin to build stars knowing that my show grade won't change anything.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi<p> </p><p> So I'm looking for some quick advice. I'm looking to get a new laptop and am wondering what bits need to be great to run a game like TEW at an optimal performance.</p><p> </p><p> Knowing that TEW or GDS games (or indeed any game that I would play) in general are not graphically intense means that I know that the processing of data is more important. But the tech terminology is what trips me up. If someone could point me in the right direction so I can accommodate the best specs to fit my budget that would be awesome.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't think TEW is stretching any even half decent brand new laptop. Mine is an i5 that I got for about £350 and the game plays like a dream on that but the WMMA games played perfectly well on my last laptop when it was 8 or 9 years old.</p>

I know the deal with workers priorities, and working for the highest ranked company if they have two possible shows on one night. But... does that also apply for touring companies? I'm the #5 in the world, running a normal schedule. He's been approached by a touring company, that's #22 in the world. Does that still mean, he'll prefer me and be available, even if there is touring shows on those dates? Or will touring contracts always trump normal schedules?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I know the deal with workers priorities, and working for the highest ranked company if they have two possible shows on one night. But... does that also apply for touring companies? I'm the #5 in the world, running a normal schedule. He's been approached by a touring company, that's #22 in the world. Does that still mean, he'll prefer me and be available, even if there is touring shows on those dates? Or will touring contracts always trump normal schedules?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> He'll prefer the higher ranked company either way.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="wphill" data-cite="wphill" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm looking for some help, I have dropped to cult level on one of my play through's as WWF in 96 and have entered a shock phase.<p> I know I won't be able to climb back to national for 6 months but how long will it take before my shows start building my popularity again? Is it the full 6 months before I stop getting the message that the show did nothing?</p><p> I'm wondering because if it makes no difference to my popularity for 6 months I may as well change course and begin to build stars knowing that my show grade won't change anything.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think that's the idea..</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="smw88" data-cite="smw88" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi when you look at the default match types you see they have a danger, intensity and content setting. if these are too low or too high you will get penalised regardless of your product settings.<p> </p><p> You need to set up copies or new versions of match types as your defaults with the right levels set and your issue should resolve itself</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> I was thinking that same thing. Thanks.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="a0161613" data-cite="a0161613" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi<p> </p><p> So I'm looking for some quick advice. I'm looking to get a new laptop and am wondering what bits need to be great to run a game like TEW at an optimal performance.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Maybe Adam could speak about this, but I do not believe that load times in TEW can really be improved through processing power improvements, nor have I seen anyone say that they upgraded their machine and TEW runs so much smoother by upgrading their CPU, or RAM, or hard drive.. </p><p> </p><p> I don't quite get all the questions about this that have popped up over the past few months. It's a text based game. There's nothing to it. Anything 20 years old works.</p>

I'm having an issue in my American Championship Wrestling Dynasty. I've ran 3 cards so far, and 3 of the people that I've had in microphone angles have had trouble with a language barrier. I'm failing to understand why this is, as the 3 people are Jack Tunney, King Kong Bundy, and Butch Reed. All of them have been established in America for a long time. Is it just because I'm running a small fed based in the Mid-South? I had Tito Santana in a microphone angle and he didn't have a problem. This is creating a real problem in finding an authority figure, as I had Tunney in the role and now Reed, and both have failed. Help!

<p>I don't have the game to hand to check, but either regions or venues will have pre-set languages spoken. If you're in the Mid-South and Santana works but not the others, it sounds like English isn't spoken where you're holding your shows, just Spanish.</p><p> </p><p>

You can change that in the editor, I believe; It sounds like an error in setting up the mod.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Kingster" data-cite="Kingster" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Put them on commentary with better commentators. They'll probably learn quicker (I'm not certain on this, though) and they'll also not hurt the segment ratings because only the person with the best announcing and colour skill counts.<p> </p><p> .</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> This didn't exactly prove to be true... A month and a half worth of shows got someone with zero to 1... 1... Also hurt just about every match, had to keep them out of main events to improve score...</p>

<p>What kind of entertainment skills did they have to begin with? Even someone with no commentary experience should have a reasonable percentage of their mic/charisma preset as their color stat. If they have any kind of reasonable entertainment skills I'd honestly consider it to be a justifiable edit job to bump them up </p><p> </p><p>

They're causing penalties because if their stat is 0 they're pretty much entirely useless as a commentator.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Icecold" data-cite="Icecold" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This didn't exactly prove to be true... A month and a half worth of shows got someone with zero to 1... 1... Also hurt just about every match, had to keep them out of main events to improve score...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Have them call pre-show and post-show matches as they are not "shown" on TV. They can gain skills and experience while not affecting match ratings.</p><p> </p><p> The same is true for untelevised events, unless it is a weekly event and you have a touring highlights show deal.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Blake Trask" data-cite="Blake Trask" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What kind of entertainment skills did they have to begin with? Even someone with no commentary experience should have a reasonable percentage of their mic/charisma preset as their color stat. If they have any kind of reasonable entertainment skills I'd honestly consider it to be a justifiable edit job to bump them up <p> </p><p> They're causing penalties because if their stat is 0 they're pretty much entirely useless as a commentator.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Solid.. seems like cheating, which I'm sure is what I'll end up doing in the end... Just trying not to..</p><p> </p><p> It's Hayabusa in my Dragon Gate save, prepairing myself for his eventual time decline...always want him there somehow... I could just make him an Authority figure at that time, but figure Ultimo Dragon (still around) will end up in that roll.</p>

<p>It's not cheating. It's a oversight in the mod if they don't have a colour stat when their entertainment stats are decent.</p><p> </p><p>

It's not always amazing -- there are guys in the default data with B+ entertainment line but E+ colour, but there are guys who have B- and have a C- in colour, and they're active wrestlers.</p><p> </p><p>

Even guys with relatively minimal entertainment have at least around an F+ in colour.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Icecold" data-cite="Icecold" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This didn't exactly prove to be true... A month and a half worth of shows got someone with zero to 1... 1... Also hurt just about every match, had to keep them out of main events to improve score...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It obviously depends on how many shows he's on commentary, but one point a month doesn't seem unreasonable to me. It's a slow process as it should be.</p><p> </p><p> Also: Why do you feel the need to turn someone into a commentator who has absolutely zero skills in that area to begin with? Just hire someone who doesn't just completely suck.</p>