Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BiffJordan" data-cite="BiffJordan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>It's usually two years for a scandal so ... yeah.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> What's the realistic level of damage bringing in someone toxic? In my current game WWE fired Lesnar over a sex tape scandal and as I've just hit national he'd really help me in the national battle against them. Would the hit of signing him send me crashing back down to Cult?</p><p> </p><p> I'd prefer not to wait two years to sign him either to be honest, but I don't want to face the six month cooling-down period in the case I bring him in.</p>

<p>I have a question regarding positive tag chemistry.</p><p> </p><p>

Is it better to have a tag team of top stars with great skills but no chemistry versus less popular/less skilled wrestlers with chemistry? IE, how much does chemistry boost the tag skills of wrestlers?</p><p> </p><p>

I typically try to stick to chemistry but would I have better results using better wrestlers/more popular wrestlers as a team without chemistry as long as it's not negative?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hawk1665" data-cite="Hawk1665" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a question regarding positive tag chemistry.<p> </p><p> Is it better to have a tag team of top stars with great skills but no chemistry versus less popular/less skilled wrestlers with chemistry? IE, how much does chemistry boost the tag skills of wrestlers?</p><p> </p><p> I typically try to stick to chemistry but would I have better results using better wrestlers/more popular wrestlers as a team without chemistry as long as it's not negative?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe others have said that the bad chemistry penalty is somewhat lower than the bonus for an experienced tag team (so an experienced team with bad chemistry is better than an inexperienced team with no chemistry.)</p><p> </p><p> Therefore, I would assume the reverse is true - a team with good chemistry is starting at about the same point a moderately experienced team would be. Overall, I usually expect a UM/ME team with decent experience to give ratings about equivalent to a Midcard team with experience & chemistry.</p><p> </p><p> If you want to - the best test of exactly how much of a difference that makes would be to make a proposed “better” team. Then test them and a high chemistry & high experience team against a control team on successive shows. See what the difference in match rating is, and then add 1/2 of the difference to the “better team” rating, and you’ll have an approximate rating when they’re experienced.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hawk1665" data-cite="Hawk1665" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> I typically try to stick to chemistry but would I have better results using better wrestlers/more popular wrestlers as a team without chemistry as long as it's not negative?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Why are you chasing positive tag chemistry? Tag chemistry is pretty rare, and that severely limits your booking if you are only putting together tag teams with chemistry.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hawk1665" data-cite="Hawk1665" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have a question regarding positive tag chemistry.<p> </p><p> Is it better to have a tag team of top stars with great skills but no chemistry versus less popular/less skilled wrestlers with chemistry? IE, how much does chemistry boost the tag skills of wrestlers?</p><p> </p><p> I typically try to stick to chemistry but would I have better results using better wrestlers/more popular wrestlers as a team without chemistry as long as it's not negative?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It really depends on what you want to do. Having a team of two main eventers is probably going to have a different use than a team of two lower midcarders. A lot of companies will throw main eventers together as a team for a time, whether its because they don't have anything else for them, or maybe they want to build toward an eventual feud, but almost no companies build their tag division around that exclusively. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why are you chasing positive tag chemistry? Tag chemistry is pretty rare, and that severely limits your booking if you are only putting together tag teams with chemistry.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Not to mention that after awhile of tagging together, the tag experience will override the positive chemistry boost anyway.</p>

<p>What dictates the recommended push - ability or popularity? I've hired a couple of people who appear to be quite good, and the game recommends them be openers or enhancement talent.</p><p>

If I'm trying to sign people to walk in higher up the card, what should I be looking out for in a worker?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cymru96" data-cite="cymru96" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What dictates the recommended push - ability or popularity? I've hired a couple of people who appear to be quite good, and the game recommends them be openers or enhancement talent.<p> If I'm trying to sign people to walk in higher up the card, what should I be looking out for in a worker?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Popularity for the most part and roster size. I believe Style still plays a part, though someone can correct if me if this is no longer the case. Workers who have a style that fits the promotion product will be preferred to workers who do not. So a Technician may have the popularity to be a midcarder, but in a Sports Entertainment promotion, that style doesn't work as well sot hey might auto-push to Lower Midcarder.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cymru96" data-cite="cymru96" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What dictates the recommended push - ability or popularity? I've hired a couple of people who appear to be quite good, and the game recommends them be openers or enhancement talent.<p> If I'm trying to sign people to walk in higher up the card, what should I be looking out for in a worker?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Popularity first and foremost, but wrestling style also matters according to your product. A technician will be auto pushed lower than an entertainer with the same popularity in a sports entertainment product.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="neonflux" data-cite="neonflux" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If I turn off some of the options that make the game more realistic--like match ratios, booking times--does it affect the AI?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No.</p><p> </p><p> I'm not sure any option also affects the AI.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No.<p> </p><p> I'm not sure any option also affects the AI.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe turning on the “can hire talent from anywhere, even if not global” does. But it’s been a while since I’ve used it, so I’s have to test it to be sure. I think that’s the only one I’ve seen, though.</p>

I can hire staff for my Child Companies like the Owner but if I want to know who would be open to joining my "Children of SWF" alliance, how would I know that before I hire them? I've run into 2 "owners" that I hired that are just against alliances in general and then fired them for someone else.

Looking for tips on how to maximize my figurehead when it comes to merchandise. I'm international, US based, economy and business way down but I'd like to make the most merch I can so what is the best course? I've never done custom merch, should I? My figurehead has been in places for 3 years 6 months, attendance up by 11% and merch by 40%, should I do custom merch? I've got my settings currently at Just in Time and quality is above average. Making usually around 1.1 million a month and spending 350/400,000 to make it happen. Any advice?

So I usually play with letter grades rather than numbers.

I turn numbers on and suddenly I'm getting way more A* rated matches. Seems 95 or 96% gets you A* but it's only 100% with the grades?

I turn the letter grades back on and my top matches of the year shows to me that I've got way less A* matches.

Does this make sense to people? Is it a feature or a bug?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I usually play with letter grades rather than numbers. <p> </p><p> I turn numbers on and suddenly I'm getting way more A* rated matches. Seems 95 or 96% gets you A* but it's only 100% with the grades? </p><p> </p><p> I turn the letter grades back on and my top matches of the year shows to me that I've got way less A* matches.</p><p> </p><p> Does this make sense to people? Is it a feature or a bug?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The requirement for an A* match is not the same as an A* skill; if you're using a combined number / grade picture package then you will incorrectly see matches shown as A* when they're not meant to be.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Adam Ryland" data-cite="Adam Ryland" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The requirement for an A* match is not the same as an A* skill; if you're using a combined number / grade picture package then you will incorrectly see matches shown as A* when they're not meant to be.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks Adam. So what I think you've said is it's the skin I'm using? If so that would never have occurred to me.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Thanks Adam. So what I think you've said is it's the skin I'm using? If so that would never have occurred to me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It’s a global number for every game screen so the same 96 A* image is used for 96 rated matches even if the game doesn’t count a 96 as A* level.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="dude-1981" data-cite="dude-1981" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So I usually play with letter grades rather than numbers. <p> </p><p> I turn numbers on and suddenly I'm getting way more A* rated matches. Seems 95 or 96% gets you A* but it's only 100% with the grades? </p><p> </p><p> I turn the letter grades back on and my top matches of the year shows to me that I've got way less A* matches.</p><p> </p><p> Does this make sense to people? Is it a feature or a bug?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> In addition to what others have said, an A* show is 95 or 96 upwards.</p><p> </p><p> An A* match is essentially perfect - a 100, nothing else.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BrokenCycle" data-cite="BrokenCycle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>No.<p> </p><p> I'm not sure any option also affects the AI.</p></div></blockquote><p> Thank you.</p>

on the skills screen there are buttons on the bottom for a worker's owner skills and booking skills. it will tell you under owner skills if they are open alliances or not

Starting from the Child Companies menu, you go to "Staff", "Assign Owner", "Business Skills", Then look at "Pacts". But it is available and I'll use it and thank you.

I hope that the next version allows us to filter on Business Skills or easier to use alliances.

Edit: Clarifying what I said with the game in front of me