Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mr. Bungle" data-cite="Mr. Bungle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Damn that's fast!<p> </p><p> Too bad though, maybe something to think about for 2020 Adam...</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I think this is something confirmed for 2020.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DevilofNG" data-cite="DevilofNG" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I think this is something confirmed for 2020.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Another question regarding developmental territory:</p><p> </p><p> Do I have to negotiate a tv deal for them? (if so, how do I do this? Can't assign any announcers, etc. in the child company controls)</p><p> </p><p> How about road agents, referees, etc.? Do I need to hire them and how do I assign them to my dev. territory?</p><p> (I tried sending some refs from my main roster as well as a spare announcer, but that didn't work...)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Mr. Bungle" data-cite="Mr. Bungle" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Another question regarding developmental territory:<p> </p><p> Do I have to negotiate a tv deal for them? (if so, how do I do this? Can't assign any announcers, etc. in the child company controls)</p><p> </p><p> How about road agents, referees, etc.? Do I need to hire them and how do I assign them to my dev. territory?</p><p> (I tried sending some refs from my main roster as well as a spare announcer, but that didn't work...)</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You only negotiate a TV deal for them if you have your own network and it would be with your network.</p><p> </p><p> As far as the announcers, road agents, referees. You could hire them if you want. I've done it. But the company will push them as they see fit. So if you've got someone with multiple roles they may not necessarily push to the role you would want.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DevilofNG" data-cite="DevilofNG" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You only negotiate a TV deal for them if you have your own network and it would be with your network.<p> </p><p> As far as the announcers, road agents, referees. You could hire them if you want. I've done it. But the company will push them as they see fit. So if you've got someone with multiple roles they may not necessarily push to the role you would want.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You can create their television show for them and assign default announcers for them -- but you can't negotiate the deal for the show unless it is on your network.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YoungNoble" data-cite="YoungNoble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've had development companies get TV deals in their home region on their own.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Good news!!</p><p> </p><p> Now, is the only difference between developmental territory and child company the ability to hire and fire wrestlers?</p><p> </p><p> (I think, if this is the case, I'll keep a hands on approach with developmental over child)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="adi95" data-cite="adi95" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone have suggestions how to booking in Japanese promotions to have the high rating of the show?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Japanese promotions are booked and rated on performance over pop, so it's easy:</p><p> </p><p> Book matches with good/great performers, that will give the higher ratings :-)</p><p> </p><p> I rarely see any angles on those shows, so keep that to a minimum.</p>

Good news!!

Now, is the only difference between developmental territory and child company the ability to hire and fire wrestlers?

(I think, if this is the case, I'll keep a hands on approach with developmental over child)

You can hire or fire with both. A child company will also make their own hirings to fill any gaps. A developmental company will rely on you to make all hirings.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="YoungNoble" data-cite="YoungNoble" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can hire or fire with both. A child company will also make their own hirings to fill any gaps. A developmental company will rely on you to make all hirings.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's what I meant, the independent hiring and firing :-)</p><p> Sorry if it wasn't clear.</p><p> </p><p> Thanks for confirming though :-)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="abaker5252" data-cite="abaker5252" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is there a way to stop workers from being generated in a real world mod? I am in 2002 and my settings have new workers starting in 2017. Every month there is a influx of auto generated workers and I want to just have real world workers.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yes, its a setting you can change at any point in save. you can adjust the volume of new worker generation. Look in Settings.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="abaker5252" data-cite="abaker5252" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I have the settings at none and it continues to happen.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I believe workers can be generated up to a year before they debut so when you turn it off there are still workers in the queue so to speak (if you had the setting on at any point). Plus what franticloser said is also correct.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sharkn20" data-cite="Sharkn20" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can someone point me in the right direction to find that thread which says that wrestler "X" style will get a major or minor pop gain / loss when faced against an opponent with "Y" style please?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Worker styles have no connection to popularity gains or losses, so whatever thread you're thinking of would be incorrect.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sharkn20" data-cite="Sharkn20" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Can someone point me in the right direction to find that thread which says that wrestler "X" style will get a major or minor pop gain / loss when faced against an opponent with "Y" style please?<p> </p><p> Thanks!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Gimmicks can have bonus and disadvantages when paired against other gimmicks. I do not know what type of bonuses or disadvantages you get but the ? next to the gimmick type will tell you which gimmick pairs with what.</p>