Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>When a worker only wants to work events during contract negotiations, he can still appear in angles on TV, right?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Correct</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Correct</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thanks. That's good I guess... Have the chance to sign Jericho for Impact in February 2019 (save began April 2017), but he only wants to work events. He would still be a huge asset, do to his overall popularity. Maybe I'll sign him anyways.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you sign a worker to a one month deal and they leave at the end, do you still have to wait six months to re-sign them?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Nope</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="James Casey" data-cite="James Casey" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If you sign a worker to a one month deal and they leave at the end, do you still have to wait six months to re-sign them?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To add to the other answer, I believe 3 month deals are also exempt from the waiting period.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Gungner" data-cite="Gungner" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Just to be 100% sure: Negative chemistry between two individuals is completely negated in multi-man matches right? Such as triple threats, fatal four-ways and tag team matches?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah</p>

Just to be 100% sure: Negative chemistry between two individuals is completely negated in multi-man matches right? Such as triple threats, fatal four-ways and tag team matches?

I’ve always thought this is silly. If two guys don’t click I think you should be dinged as that doesn’t change. What I would say perhaps the severity of the penalty should lessen the kore men involved. If for example it’s a 30 man rumble the chances of these two awkward pair meeting is fairly slim.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Luchador Canadiense" data-cite="Luchador Canadiense" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So is it better to have a Commentator with Good or better Charisma, or a Commentator with Average Charisma but Good chemistry with the Announcer?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The later. Always go for chemistry + experience when possible with Announcers</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Vinsmoker" data-cite="Vinsmoker" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The later. Always go for chemistry + experience when possible with Announcers</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Does charisma even matter at all for those roles?</p>

I just started a Thunderverse CWT game, ran my first show, and 5 different characters got 'Not suited to their gimmick' penalties.

*smashes laptop*

WHY?!!! Why would you start people off with gimmicks that they're not suited for?

*smash smash smash*

Ahem. Sorry about that. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Hi folks,

I'm currently running a 2-hour A-brand show and a PPV. My roster is a nice size, not too big although a lot of the lower card guys don't get to appear on the tv show. My upercard and main eventers are always on the show.

So I'm thinking of starting a 1-hour B-brand show for the lower carders. What's the impact of this on my roster and finances?

Are my top guys going to complain that they weren't on the show or will this impact their 'happiness'?

Is this going to generate more income for me? Or will the production costs pretty much mean I'll be running the show at a loss every month? (this will obviously not be a prime time show, perhaps a graveyard or late night show)

While I'm at it I have another question:

My main tv-show is regularly getting B/B+ grades, but my networks just refuse to move it to the prime time timeslot.

Any idea why?

I just started a Thunderverse CWT game, ran my first show, and 5 different characters got 'Not suited to their gimmick' penalties.

*smashes laptop*

WHY?!!! Why would you start people off with gimmicks that they're not suited for?

*smash smash smash*

Ahem. Sorry about that. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

I've historically changed gimmicks when people were unsuited (either from starting that way or becoming unsuited after I assigned it). That said, it's not clear to me there's actually an impact to match/angle ratings for it. I get the note on the main match page, but nothing in the Dirt Sheet tab.

Hi folks,

I'm currently running a 2-hour A-brand show and a PPV. My roster is a nice size, not too big although a lot of the lower card guys don't get to appear on the tv show. My upercard and main eventers are always on the show.

So I'm thinking of starting a 1-hour B-brand show for the lower carders. What's the impact of this on my roster and finances?

Are my top guys going to complain that they weren't on the show or will this impact their 'happiness'?

Is this going to generate more income for me? Or will the production costs pretty much mean I'll be running the show at a loss every month? (this will obviously not be a prime time show, perhaps a graveyard or late night show)

While I'm at it I have another question:

My main tv-show is regularly getting B/B+ grades, but my networks just refuse to move it to the prime time timeslot.

Any idea why?

Roster:

• It's a good opportunity to get some matches for undercard guys. It should help with stats, especially stamina since you can give longer matches to guys who get the chance.
  • I'm almost positive nobody gets upset at being left off a B-show.
  • It's not clear to me if it helps with morale of being left off the A-show.
  • Popularity changes are pretty inconsequential for a B-show, but you can get momentum built up.
  • You can get morale bonuses for "Please at a win from (show)" if you book competitive pairings.

Finances:

• You can book small cards, to minimize worker cost for the show.
  • Using guys on written deals keeps the show costs down. Try to avoid booking PPAs if you're having financial trouble.
  • You can save money on your main event guys by giving them contracts that skip the B-show.

Timeslot is based on company popularity/importance, not show grades.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LloydCross" data-cite="LloydCross" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Timeslot is based on company popularity/importance, not show grades.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> To clarify this, putting on good shows won't let you upgrade your timeslot (directly, at least. It helps boost pop), but you do need to meet a certain grade to keep your slot.</p>

To clarify this, putting on good shows won't let you upgrade your timeslot (directly, at least. It helps boost pop), but you do need to meet a certain grade to keep your slot.

I've got the grades to keep my timeslot (and then some!). I'm currently on late night with a minimum set by my broadcaster of C- or something, while I'm doing B's and B+'s regularly.

I'm the nr 2 promotion in terms of muscle (money), but the nr 3 in terms of prestige and momentum. I'm very close to going national I believe, I've got 6 areas with 65 or more importance and 2 areas with 64 or 63. You need 8 areas with 65+ to go national.

Yet my networkpartner will not give me the prime time timeslot or even the late evening timeslot (the one before late night)

This brings me to another issue. I'm very close to going national, but should I want to go national in the first place?

That depends. Are there other national companies? You will have a short grace period, where you don't compete with them in national battles. But after that is over, and they are way more popular than you, and your show grades aren't better than theirs, you will end up losing the national battle (= pop, momentum = money) and might even drop down to cult again.

What people usually suggest around here is capping your popularity if you'd run against a much larger company at national level, build up a war chest and wait until you can go on spending spree (production values if needed, workers, etc) once you level up.