Small Questions Thread & "Living FAQ"

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigelow Cartwheel" data-cite="Bigelow Cartwheel" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hi. <p> </p><p> When the product settings requires x amount of attractive per x amount men, what is the cut off in sex appeal that decides who is attractive?</p><p> </p><p> Thanks.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I'm pretty sure it's somewhere around 70-75%, but don't quote me on that. It might depend partially on your size.</p>

I'm trying to learn the details of how population caps work. Essentially I made a small mod and I've done some test sims to see how the mod develops and the exact same workers are capable of increasing their population beyond 90 and all the way to 100. The vast majority seem to be capped around 90. I was under the impression there was some sort of hidden "destiny roll" that determined population cap, and that it was random for each playthrough. That doesn't seem to be the case in my experience. Like I said, it's the same workers every playthrough that can gain and hold popularity above 90. It doesn't seem to change with manipulating their stats in the editor either.

I saw elsewhere that Adam had said charisma and star quality determine the popularity caps, but when I buff those two stats on a worker capped at 90, start a new game, and sim a few years, the results seem to always be the same. That worker seems to be capped at 90 no matter how they start the game.

Anyone with experience with this issue able to give me a little more in-depth breakdown of the popularity cap. I think it's a sensible addition, afterall everyone can't be a household name, but it would be really nice if the workers who ascend to 100 popularity were different each playthrough.

I think you might be able to do it if you have your own broadcaster, but definitely not otherwise.

Yeah, under your development tab there is a TV controls tab and on that screen you have the option to put your development shows on your own network should you have one. It's actually a great way to get your development talent some popularity before calling them up to your main roster. IMO, the best reason to invest in your own network as soon as possible. Otherwise everyone called up from development will likely be below the enhancement talent on your roster in popularity.

Yeah, under your development tab there is a TV controls tab and on that screen you have the option to put your development shows on your own network should you have one. It's actually a great way to get your development talent some popularity before calling them up to your main roster. IMO, the best reason to invest in your own network as soon as possible. Otherwise everyone called up from development will likely be below the enhancement talent on your roster in popularity.

You can also use the "Borrow from Development" function. Having top developmental workers job on your B show can rapidly move them from zero popularity to like D range if you are a national level promotion. The low popularity mechanic is very helpful in this regard.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Bigpapa42" data-cite="Bigpapa42" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="41194" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You can also use the "Borrow from Development" function. Having top developmental workers job on your B show can rapidly move them from zero popularity to like D range if you are a national level promotion. The low popularity mechanic is very helpful in this regard.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> While this is true it comes at a price. Development workers who are called up lose momentum which is shared with the development promotion. So if you do call them up at a later date and you've made a habit out of burying them on tv, they're momentum will be shot.</p>

I'm trying to learn the details of how population caps work. Essentially I made a small mod and I've done some test sims to see how the mod develops and the exact same workers are capable of increasing their population beyond 90 and all the way to 100. The vast majority seem to be capped around 90. I was under the impression there was some sort of hidden "destiny roll" that determined population cap, and that it was random for each playthrough. That doesn't seem to be the case in my experience. Like I said, it's the same workers every playthrough that can gain and hold popularity above 90. It doesn't seem to change with manipulating their stats in the editor either.

I saw elsewhere that Adam had said charisma and star quality determine the popularity caps, but when I buff those two stats on a worker capped at 90, start a new game, and sim a few years, the results seem to always be the same. That worker seems to be capped at 90 no matter how they start the game.

Anyone with experience with this issue able to give me a little more in-depth breakdown of the popularity cap. I think it's a sensible addition, afterall everyone can't be a household name, but it would be really nice if the workers who ascend to 100 popularity were different each playthrough.

Charisma and star quality are heavily involved in the calculation, but they're not the only thing - a worker's starting popularity is also taken into consideration (which, from your wording, is the information you were missing), as are several other factors like size.

It sounds like you are inadvertently rendering your test ineffective with your starting popularity / skill values, as there are astronomical odds against a majority of workers having 90 or above as a cap without artificial boosts. Nor would the same person get a 90+ cap each time unless they were being artifically boosted. As you specifically said that you only simmed "a few years" to get the workers to 90 popularity, that would indicate that you're starting them out with high popularity - I'd guess 75+ - which means that you're effectively "loading the dice" and all but guaranteeing a very high cap.

<p>I've gone national!! As the ony company in the national arena, I take it I won't fall back to cult after the warm up/grace period?</p><p> </p><p>

Also, if a worker is 'out of the business', is there a chance they return on their own? Or do I have to cheat by editing the database? (I really want CM Punk back in the race here)</p><p> </p><p>

@Adam, isn't it an idea for 2020 to be able to entice workers 'out of the business' back 'into the business'?</p>

I'm playing 2006 Shifting Sands Mod and I'm teaming Regal up with Paul Burchill, I'm not having them as a Tag Team more Regal having him as his lackey/protection and I'm playing the angles of Regal teaching and mentoring him at the same time.

When Burchill is having single matches should I be setting Regal as his manager as I want him at ringside (will this bring negative effect as Regal isnt manager?) or is it better to just use the outside interference instruction in the match details.

I'm playing 2006 Shifting Sands Mod and I'm teaming Regal up with Paul Burchill, I'm not having them as a Tag Team more Regal having him as his lackey/protection and I'm playing the angles of Regal teaching and mentoring him at the same time.

When Burchill is having single matches should I be setting Regal as his manager as I want him at ringside (will this bring negative effect as Regal isnt manager?) or is it better to just use the outside interference instruction in the match details.

Using Regal as a manager is just fine. Someone doesn't need to have the active role of Manager to be one. Interference is just that, interference. Most people have some wrestlers managing others. I usually do that with all my Tag-Teams. In historical AE mods, for example, WWF has "Sex Appeal requirement" atleast on Low. Since WWF Women would drag down the ratings with their matches at the time, it's easier to have them manage some of the male wrestlers.

TL;DR No penalties for using non-managers as Managers outside of Chemistry effects